• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I felt the takeaway of those games was that, while I am not conventional, I am effective. Which is why I'm calling Dawning as Mafia, Perse as maybe also Mafia, and myself as town. But that's something that only Phan would know since, you know, no one else in this mafia game was in that UNOW game.

Dude, if you're doing this because you think a lynched player will somehow help town because of his scumread because that works in other games, no. Del also had scumreads before she died, and we're not following them because they don't matter! Lynched innocents don't help town!!!

Look all I'm saying is that I think Fuse is scum at this point but I'm gonna be real pissed if he's not and we end up mislynching because of all this.

This is basically my view.

@Tanuki and @Waffle, please read what Fusion is saying and reconsider your votes.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
[[
"Dude," Ashwood said, their voice hoarse from screaming. "I still have no idea what the words coming out of your mouth mean. I don't even know one hundred that you're not going to kill someone tonight. But yes, if we both survive, I will fucking marry you."

Ashwood took Raichu into their toned, powerful arms and squeezed him tight against their chest. They held him like he was the only thing they could treasure in this world.

"I love you too, bro."
]]
[[Desper'd usually buck like bull 'f an'one tried t'hold 'm, but he let Ashwood pull 'im up w'out a struggle. Rain clouds musta condensed o'r his eyes. A warm stream, sweet 's syrup on a pancake. "I won't let an'yun touch you t'night...," he looked up with wet eyes 'n a wry grin. "An'yun but m'self."]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[Desper'd usually buck like bull 'f an'one tried t'hold 'm, but he let Ashwood pull 'im up w'out a struggle. Rain clouds musta condensed o'r his eyes. A warm stream, sweet 's syrup on a pancake. "I won't let an'yun touch you t'night...," he looked up with wet eyes 'n a wry grin. "An'yun but m'self."]]

[[Ashwood furrowed their brow quizzically. "I thought you said you were a blocker."]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
@Fusion Honestly, whether you get lynched or not, I think we're all going to really flipping annoyed at you if you're innocent and don't claim.

Waffle

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
she/her
Dude, if you're doing this because you think a lynched player will somehow help town because of his scumread because that works in other games, no. Del also had scumreads before she died, and we're not following them because they don't matter! Lynched innocents don't help town!!!

This is basically my view.

@Tanuki and @Waffle, please read what Fusion is saying and reconsider your votes.
wait do you want me to vote dawning or not because I am already voting them

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Fuse looks like he's badwolfing at this point, and I don't want to let him get away with that. He's a lot smarter than he sometimes pretends to be, and pretending to be mafia so people don't think he's mafia is exactly what I'd expect from him.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
There is no good reason to put yourself on the lynch train if you're town like you claim. All you're doing is potentially throwing the game over something trivial.

You'd be surprised, actually. All things considered, voting yourself is something a town should consider early on since, most likely, the Mafia will still be at a disadvantage. Plus, having one less townie to potentially throw sus on means it'll be easier to pick of the Mafia. I'm entirely confident voting myself off early because I'm honestly one of the more sus players, and with me out of the way the Mafia would have so few people to pin things on.

It would suck to have one less townie, especially after we already mislynched, but town would still be at the advantage, and it's basically agreed upon that Dawning and Perse are the Mafia. Or most likely to be, at least.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
All things considered, voting yourself is something a town should consider early on since, most likely, the Mafia will still be at a disadvantage.

You have admitted you have no idea how Mafia works. This is not a good strategy. Someone actually voted for themself last time and it was, by their admission, not a good thing.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Fuse looks like he's badwolfing at this point, and I don't want to let him get away with that. He's a lot smarter than he sometimes pretends to be, and pretending to be mafia so people don't think he's mafia is exactly what I'd expect from him.

This right here is why I will also refuse to take my vote off myself. I might actually have a braincell or two, but a smart Mafia!Fusion still wouldn't keep the heat on himself when the heat is already set on someone else.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
You have admitted you have no idea how Mafia works. This is not a good strategy. Someone [Dawning] actually voted for themself last time and it was, by their admission, not a good thing.
I confirm. Self-voting is, overall, a very bad idea. Do not do.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
It's a bad idea unless you are a Jester or a Governor trying to proof your role.

...Wait. If you're a Governor, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS. Your role is probably one shot, and you should not waste that.

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
We're not at the advantage if you get lynched and flip town. Mafia doesn't win when all the Townies die; they win when they have equal/majority counts to town. Wind already explained why wasting a lynch on you if you are town puts us in a perilous situation. Furthermore, suspicion issues with numbers are easily solved by divulging of information - the more info is out in the open, the easier it is to see who is lying an therefore lynch properly.

Either way, my vote stands.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
It's a bad idea unless you are a Jester or a Governor trying to proof your role.

...Wait. If you're a Governor, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS. Your role is probably one shot, and you should not waste that.
Furthermore, even as a Governor, there's really no point, it's just a less horrible idea.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[ Kekoa blinked. Then blinked again. What the fuck was going on. Was this guy suicidal? Kekoa wasn’t sure he could be friends with someone suicidal. But the damn cowboy was scummy and no one else would admit it. So if there was a choice between killing someone who he thought was clean, or someone who was either an enemy or a useless ally... well, that was hardly a choice. ]]

Fusion, I guess, if only because I think the DW train is misguided and set on killing someone actually helpful.

Top Bottom