• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Pasta Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
R13 – Raven & Cal

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
In the time after the disastrous ending to what was supposed to be a simple recon mission, Raven was not seen or heard from by a majority of the team. The only ones that she perhaps talked with at all were the ones she was closest too. Even then, it was briefly and only to say that she regret what she had done...

For the moment the Shade was sitting outside of one of the other restaurants to be found in Pasta Plaza. Some food of unknown origin and content was on her plate; it was barely touched but still fresh. She herself seemed as if she wasn't that interested in it anyways. Raven poked at it with a fork and sighed. A thoughtful yet pensive expression was on her face...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Raven wasn't the only one around familiar with the recent mission's disastrous end. Yet another Charizard wraith wandered the streets, ignoring the curious stares and followers until she spotted Raven, tilting her head. Well, at least she'd returned...

"Hey," Cal said, waving. "Didn't think I'd see you here."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven stopped poking at her food and looked up. A thin, forced smile came to her face as the other Shade approached. "Good evening, Cal...", she replied, "...Of course I came back. I did attempt to examine the moon's surface after... ...But there wasn't anything to see. So... It is better if I continue investigating things on Cibus itself..." She poked at her plate again, this time actually getting something on her fork and eating it.

"...What brings you to these parts?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"Hm..."

Raven looked out at the rest of the space around the small restaurant. "Perhaps. There are a lot of things to learn if you listen... If you are careful and don't stand out. For instance, not many people would expect a rock to be anything more than that. ...I suppose that would be boring to you, though. Truthfully I haven't investigated the rumors that come with this part of town too much." She nodded to a chair at the other side of the table. "You're free to join me if you like."

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Sure."

The two Charizard sat across from one another, both of the same species in so many ways, and yet they still felt different. Cal wasn't sure what to make of that.

"What memories did you wind up inheriting?" Cal asked, rummaging through a bag she'd bought some time ago to hold her stuff. For some reason she hadn't been in the mood to store things in her ectoplasm anymore.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"... Mostly what Mellow knows of her real sister. That, and a little bit of what she imagines she would be like. I don't know if she really would be like me, but I try to be there for Mellow all the same. I can be my own person after she's gone back home to Pokèt...", Raven answered, then continued. "What about you...? If you don't mind sharing."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cal did mind, but she'd also asked first, and it would be rude not to return the favor. She pulled from her bag a simple meal that Owen had cooked for her. She didn't eat, she only had a vague sense of what it meant to taste things, and she didn't really know if it actually provided energy for her at all... but she had memories of eating, and it helped her feel normal. Just a little.

"His kid," she replied flatly.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"Hm... Well, I don't know if it would be something that appeals to you, but maybe traveling around Cibus would give you more to experience.", The other Shade suggested. "I'm always finding something new and fun in the towns and villages I pass through, even when I'm investigating something related to the Blacklight. There's so much to see... And it can be a way to reflect on things yourself without others around."

Raven poked at her food again. It was getting colder, but she didn't eat any more of it.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven set her fork down again and looked at her plate as she turned the question around in her thoughts. When she looked up again, her expression was solemn.

"I believe...that we'll still be ourselves. No matter what form we take after hatching. The forms we have now, as something like spirits... That is just an extension of our thoughts and feelings. Why wouldn't we keep what's already there? Even if we all hatch as something similar to Eien, or Diyem, or Joule, we'll still be us."

Last edited:

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven was quiet for a moment, but didn't keep Cal waiting long.

"... I don't think we'll ever truly forget. Or change so much that we see who we are now as someone completely different after hatching. ... Perhaps I am just being optimistic or hopeful, but... We won't forget who we are."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven nodded, but kept an eye on Cal. She had not expected this conversation, and was in fact expecting to be antagonized after the absolute disaster that the moon observation mission had been, but... She hoped Cal would be alright. There was a lot of heavy things on her mind...

"If you need company... Well, I'm planning to go through the Water Continent, and then travel from island to island. Well, unless something that requires investigating comes up... You can come with me if you'd like too."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cal frowned. "You think that'll be okay?" she asked. "Joule's there, but I always felt like Maple was the big one for easy travel across the places... But maybe it's okay..." Cal glanced off. "Dad's--I mean, Owen's been kinda... on-edge lately ever since the whole moon thing, so I feel like he's gonna worry if I go. I'll have to convince him."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"It would only be for fun. If there was anything that came up... I'd make sure you were back here if something happened.", she replied with a small smile, but it soon faded away. "If or when spying or investigating is needed again, I'll be going alone."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom