• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Pasta Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Good lord, how many times did he had this exact conversation? Why was it so hard to just accept that people cared about him? As much as they wanted to help, his being screamed that he wasn't worth it.

"Guess... guess we're both loners, huh?" Shiron said, looking down, while still holding on to Vix's hand. It brought some warm that he desperately craved for.

"Look, I'm not sure why, but it's hard for me to grasp the concept of people actually caring for me. Thanks for sticking up to me. And I promise I'll keep supporting you, up until the day I go... back home."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Guess... guess we're both loners, huh?"

Vix froze at that statement. Something inside her... shifted, that felt like the right word. A memory, cast aside when she first barreled through her past, rose to the surface of her mind. It was fuzzy at first, and hard to grab onto, but soon burst into an array of colors and sounds to her...

Damn, for the middle of winter, it was way to fuckin' hot out. I saw people goin' about with jackets and scarves hardly an hour ago, but now everyone's basically dressed for summer. Some families are out picnickin', loud ass kids are runnin' everywhere, some fucker's blastin' music too! I came out here to relax, to get away from my mistakes for just a fuckin' hour, to be alone... But I should've known better, this is Azure, after all.

It was a good hour or so bein' alone, but maybe it was time to buzz off and get back home... And I would've too if that Bisharp hadn't shown up right as I was leavin'. He and I just kinda stared at each other for a bit... Somethin' was on his mind, seein' how that scowl of his was gone, for the most part.

"...You alright?" I asked him, and in that stoic-bastard fashion, he said nothin' and sat right down on the bench. Obviously, I sat down beside him. Whatever shit I was dealin' with could wait.

"It has been... a long week, has it not?" he huffed, slouchin' forward. He'd hardly ever been this quiet before... I knew he wasn't big on bein' touched, but gave him a pat on the back anyway. When he didn't try to throw me off, that pretty much confirmed it.

I moved right next to him, lookin' him over for a sec. "Yeah... It's been shit, huh? Surprised it's been rough on you too, considerin'..."

He looked back up at me, dead in the eye. It hurt to look back, honestly. "Considering what?"

"You aren't usually the one fucked up by our fuck-ups, you know? You're, like, stoic and all that shit. I was half expectin' you to be trainin' so this doesn't happen again," I chuckled nervously, takin' my hand off him. His face went soft, and kinda... sad. "H-Hey, I didn't--"

"I have been trying to damnedest, day in and day out, and it is because of me that we are currently being watched by an entire Guild. Every step we take, every move we make... we are watched intently from the corners of our vision," he said, sighin' and shakin' his head. "Even here... that family over there, who arrived after you did? All of them are guild members. That Charmander with them is actually the team leader."

"No shit..." I paused, backin' his words up a sec. From the sound of it, this metallic bitch was... "Hold on, were you..."

"There is no one else I can talk to, and you just... left. Not that I blame you. I was simply waiting for a chance for us to talk, alone." He turned his face away. I could've sworn I saw somethin' in his eyes right before that. "Being around everyone is driving me mad, but being alone..." his voice drifted off, and he clenched his fists.

Shit... I shook my head and let out a breath; if I had to be a friend right now, I'd do the best I fuckin' could. It might not be all that much, but still. "Honestly, that's why I needed to get outta there. Seein' everyone act like nothin' was wrong was gettin' to me. I just had to be alone for a bit, so I get you wantin' the same shit. Which is... funny. I was thinkin' you and the others were finally openin' up to each other."

He chuckled, rollin' his shoulders back a bit and looking at me again. "I could say the same about you. Perhaps I was wrong to assume you were closer to them simply because you have grown more tolerable."

"Yeah, fuck you too," I laughed. It was nice seein' him get all sarcastic again. Hell, it was nice hearin' him chuckle. Now that was a good sign. "But still, it ain't like us wantin' to be alone is a bad thing. Old habits die hard, right?"

"Indeed..." He leaned back on the bench and hummed, thinkin' about somethin'. "What was that word... the one you described us as..? About how we both enjoy solitude?"

"...Loners?"

He snapped and nodded at me, a bit of a smile on his face. Chucklin' was one thing, but ain't nobody gettin' used to seein' this bastard smile... "That, yes. Seeing how different we have become since our first meeting, is it not fascinating how we still share that one trait?"

Now that he mentioned it... yeah. Kinda. I think? Ah, whatever. I leaned back on the bench and let my head hang, chucklin' to myself. "Yeah... I guess we are still loners, huh? At least we can be loners together, right?"

Neither of us really said anything for a bit...

"...I will most certainly forget that phrase as soon as possible."

"Same here, I didn't think it was that cheesy in my head."

"Gods, I can almost imagine the wine I could pair with it... Speaking of which, I have quite a few aged bottles back home. Hidden away, of course."

I hopped right out of the bench, catchin' the attention of that family of guild members. Could've sworn that Charmander was writin' somethin' about me in that little notebook he had. "Shit, really? The hell're we gettin' sentimental and cheesy out here for when we could've been drownin' in booze this whole time?" I offered him my hand to pull him up outta the bench, but as he should have, he pushed it aside and got up himself. The both of us grinned and nodded, which still kinda unsettled me, but that was far less important than the killer hangover I was about to give myself tomorrow.

A strange, but comforting feeling rose in Vix's chest, and an etheral tear rolled down her cheek. Remembering memories was weird, like several minutes were suddenly compressed into a handful of seconds. For a moment, she almost forgot where she was, too.

I can reminisce later, anyway...

"Sometimes, I find it hard to understand that too. I'm still surprised that Starr managed to forgive me at all after I got her attacked and all that," Vix said, wincing ever so slightly. "Sometimes it's better to just... accept the good things without thinking about them, you know? You have friends here, and all of them care about you, no matter what. What's the point in overthinking that, right?" she chuckled, then sighed.

"I'll be here for you, just like everyone else will be too. We're a team, and a team sticks together, even the loners."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"It's... it's weird. But I'm glad I got here and met you, along with everyone. Things I never even thought were possible, like, like..."

Shiron looked at his large, amphibian hands and a small rememberance came up: his arms, covered in bloody cuts. He shook off his head and ignored that random, intrusive thought.

"...Like having people I care about again. Never thought I would get that. To be honest, didn't even think I would get to my twenties... felt like I would be long gone by now, and... not that I haven't tried. Obviously it didn't work."

He then turned his face, now exchanging loos with Vix. "So... thank you again. For being my friend, and I'm glad to be yours, too."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"That's what friends are for; making each other glad," Vix smiled, wrapping her arms around the big fish and holding him tightly. It was more for him than for her. Sure, it was nice, but... still felt more bittersweet than she thought it should have been.

After a moment of silence, Vix realized she was just floating there, hugging Shiron. She nervously let go, clearing her throat. It'd be smart to play it off as letting an awkward moment hang, something Vix hadn't realized she was good at. "Th-That... sounded less cheesy in my head, hehe..."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Pffft. You dork."

Shiron snorted, the awkwardness helping him be less sad by bringing him something else to think about. He rubbed off the tears and sighed.

"Cheesiness appreciated, dork. I think... I'm a lot better now. Still sorta want to drink until I pass out, but eating until I pass out seems way more healthy."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I'll be honest I kinda wanna do both," Vix tittered, smiling. Thank Arceus, it worked, Shiron was feeling better. "Maybe we'll have another party or something sometime soon, if we're lucky. I still remember Icetales' from a while back."

"Or... maybe we could just go out some day and just let loose," Vix asked, a smug look about her.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Bet. I'm gonna kick your ass... if you have one."

Oh.

"...That came out weirdly wrong. I'm just kicking that flame off you, or something."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Aw, great... now I'm gonna be thinking about that all day," Vix pouted, then snickered. "I don't doubt that you could kick the flame outta me either, but we can find out for certain some other time, for now... we could just... relax a bit..."

She sat back down next to Shiron and sighed, wincing slightly. This almost felt great and relieving... But instead of thinking about that, Vix decided to follow her own advice. Just sit back, and relax...

<><><><><><>

Last edited:
R11 ~ A Dark Date

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
It was nice to be a Charizard again. But ultimately, Diyem couldn't trust Owen with getting the right kinds of ingredients or takeout for his 'night' with Xerneas, so he elected to go by himself after some convincing toward the Lifebringer. The shady part of town was pleasant to him, in a roundabout way. "Yes. I want that," the Charizard said, no longer hiding his shadowy flame. "If you swindle me, I'm the king of darkness. Now go." He gestured for the rather unnerved front desk to put the order out.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
The sight of Dark Matter ordering takeout was impossible to resist investigating. And besides, Brisa had been meaning to check in with the fella for a while now. Dealing with Diyem never felt all that urgent, considering his claim to be gathering info from all their heads all the damn time, but it was about time all the same.

"The king of darkness, is it?" said Brisa, amusement clear in her growl. "Yer becomin' terribly comfortable bein' openly yerself in this world, Diyem."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Gh--I didn't notice you." Diyem looked back with what might have been a growl back. "Brisa, hello." He looked at the chefs in the back kitchen going to work, then felt that, indeed, he was going to wait on a nearby bench. "I suppose I am becoming accustomed to not being covert about myself. It's strange to be... regarded favorably. I cannot go in most of town without feeling weakened. This plaza is... more tolerable."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Not sure if ya not noticin' me is a lapse in yer attention or a credit t'my stealth," remarked Brisa, taking a seat next to the newly-restored charizard. "It's good that folks aren't tryin' to destroy ya, in any case," she said. "If only 'cause it's practical."

There was much to discuss. Where to start?

Ask him what he's orderin'.

No. Something important.

"I've been alive again fer about a month now. I've been tryin' to recover my fortitude. But I've heard a thing or two about the mission, too. I'm given to understand that the Eternatus y'mentioned is yer romantic partner, fer instance."

She tilted her head inquiringly at Diyem. "That's somethin' y'can experience without harmin' yerself, then?"

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Nnngh..." Diyem figured that she would get right to business. For some reason the displeasure was less pleasant than he'd hoped. "It's complicated. When I was beyond the material plane, I have a higher tolerance and resistance to... positive feelings. For one, I couldn't properly die there. I suppose that's the major difference. Secondly..." Diyem's tail seemed to shrink.

"Well. Eien is... a master of energies. Including celestial ones like the 'negative' and 'positive' energy that flows strongly in worlds like Cibus. It isn't like heat or light. It's more akin to what your friend prattles on about... aura. Infinity Energy. Elemental energy. It goes by many names. And Eien was able to... siphon away that energy that disrupted my core. She... did that for me, and--" He winced, holding back something. Black haze leaked from the corner of his mouth. "...And for that, I owe her... everything."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa nodded, accepting the explanation.

"That renders yer relationship with her adequately understandable. Now, th'last time we had a proper face-to-face, y'talked about takin' her down. Level with me, chief. Can we save yer goddamn partner or not?"

She asked the question stripped of all conceits and all care. This was how she was starting to approach Diyem. Bluntness, demands, facts. It seemed to hurt him less, and it was weirdly relaxing for her to not give so much of a damn about a person's feelings for once.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I gather she's been critical t'savin' countless worlds," said Brisa. "We'll make a concerted effort t'save her. Anythin' y'can tell me about her character an' motivation might matter. Anythin' y'can tell me about her at all, in fact: physiology, combat style, what you mean to her. The better I understand Eien, the better our chances of a tactical victory, rescuin' her from corruption, or both."

Will ya really risk everythin' again when th'time comes, just like with Joule?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Diyem sighed, wondering if Brisa realized that she was being both curt with him and patient at the same time. Not that it mattered too much. He'd been holding this for a while, and he knew that several others had been trying to pry information out of him for a while. Now that everything was all out in the open, though...

"...The last time we interacted..." Diyem looked down, sighing. A small plume of shadows left his mouth. "We had a fight."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa cocked an ear. "Yer fault or hers? An' did it lead in some way to our present predicament?" The claws on one paw flexed in and our of their sheathes.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...There is an organization," Diyem said, "that spans worlds and realities and possibly everywhere one day. Known as the Overseers. Imagine a Guild... but for realities upon realities. When a threat spans worlds and universes, they are often the ones who step in. Frankly, I'm surprised Maple's ilk are not associated with them. They must be a rogue group in their eyes." Diyem sighed. "I was... under the care of a branch of the Overseers. They are so sprawling that they do not have any central leader that I'm aware of... but the goal of the branch I was with was to find a way to 'cure' my... condition.

"They made progress. And, perhaps by chance or just inevitabilities, I found... Eien during all of this. We... connected. And she had provided for them several breakthroughs in my treatment. But... she also knew the contingencies behind my treatment--that I am not allowed in a world like this one." Diyem lowered his voice. "Don't spread this around much. Very few people know. But... by being here, by interfering at all, I have bent the rules of my contingency. And being literally within Cibus, I've outright broken it.

"And Eien... who took some of my dark power... was advised not to assist in worlds like this one for similar risks of relapse. When we had fought..." Diyem paused to sigh. "It was because I found out what she had been doing in secret. Visiting worlds like this one. Halting Dark Matters. All against the Overseers' rules."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa contemplated that for a moment. She grinned darkly. "I like yer girlfriend more'n I like you," she jabbed. "But alright. Overseers. They're an organisation sprawlin' across worlds, an' they keep an eye on the wellbein' of Creation, but they're evidently kinda bureaucratic or otherwise light-footed. Do yer best explainin' y'were pulled into Cibus involuntarily, I guess. Should we be expectin' a visit by 'em someday soon to snatch you away? Do they have ears on Cibus that they might catch wind?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom