• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Central Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Rocky's eyes glowed with excitement as the beam fired, and he put up a protect shield around himself and Deoxys as fast as he could. It was too bad he wasn't able to bring his item bag with him--he really wanted to see what would happen if an eternatus egg got hit with energy like that. Would it hatch into super eternatus?

After the beam hit, Rocky would need to teleport out of the bag and grab Vix if she wasn't coming back with everybody else. He braced himself for impact, a broad grin on his face. Okay! We can be fine together. Just give me a second...

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven acted at the same time, shoving herself out of the pack to help push Deoxys away at the same time. She tried to see if the mass of energy was still there, or had it been used up, but focused more on the others getting away.

She wasn't going to let them get hurt. Turning back towards Deoxys, she pointed back towards Cibus frantically.

"Go, now!!"

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
It wasn't enough.

First, Vix had shoved Deoxys away, and Rocky and Raven had made an effort to pull away with the others. Petram had been stuck in the bag due to some awkward angles, but in the end, Deoxys had been pushed out of the blast radius--but only partway. It cleaved through half of his body, taking an arm, part of his torso, and a good portion of his head in the process as the Core of his own body glimmered with energy.

Deoxys spiraled away, flinging several of the Ultra Shades' Cores in random directions as the weak pull of Cibus' gravity drew them closer.

However, what Deoxys saw with his one remaining eye was Vix--in the way of the blast, with a Protect and empty spheres of energy. One Chandelure against a blast from the moon--no contest.

Vix was obliterated perhaps before she'd even realized it.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Everything went light, and then dark when Rocky's protect broke. When he woke up he was already falling back to Cibus, tumbling end over end through sparse atmosphere. Wait, what happened? Where was--?

Rocky tried to slow his fall and extend a bit of ectoplasm, but it felt hard--it felt really hard. He was so tired. Where was Vix? He knew that finding Vix was the most important thing.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven was doing her best to reach the others, but she had floated out of range.

Vix was nowhere to be seen.

She couldn't focus anymore, and ended her telepathic connection to the others. The Shade looked back up at the moon...

There wasn't anything she could think to do but stare at it in silence as she drifted.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
It seemed that the moon was no longer firing toward them. Either that or it needed more time to properly charge another blast. Deoxys drifted to Cibus again, his one eye closed in some kind of wince, as he tried to reach out for the others--but they were drifting too far away. Eventually, he blacked out, having no idea where the others would wind up.

"Deoxys!" Karat cried, and a Psychic hold slowed his descent. Deoxys was miles away from Destiny Village, far south.

"Deoxys, are--what happened?"

Deoxys' lights flickered again.

"Where are the others?" Karat asked. "Please, just--just rest. You..." He was trembling. He checked the core in Deoxys. "...Just rest. It's... I'll keep you safe."

More flickering lights, and then Deoxys evaporated, leaving just the gemstone in his chest behind.

Karat stood up, searching for signs of anybody else... But he didn't really care to search for them. Not after this. Holding Deoxys close to his chest, he disappeared in a flash of light.

<><><>​

R13 – Brisa, Owen, and Ideals

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Patrolling the length and breadth of Destiny Village didn't achieve much in the way of productive outcomes, but it made Brisa feel good, and useful, and less fucking restless, so she kept it up. She gave brusque nods to a 'mon or two who recognised her, but she didn't come to a stop until she came face to face with someone she couldn't be mad at.

"Owen. Howdy, fella."

She didn't have it in her to raise a smile, but Owen had his Perceive. He'd know she was pleased to see him.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Keepin' busy," affirmed Brisa. "I'm lucky in that Luz seems to be lettin' it roll off her back. Could be worse."

She clenched her jaw. She hadn't even been thinking about the egg thing. Too many things to worry about...

"I've been tryin' to work off my feelings about this Soda drama. Folks in the team are takin' it fuckin' hard that they were left outta the loop."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen frowned. "The only reason you guys told me was because I live with you guys," he said. "There was no way you would've kept it hidden from me... and it was hard enough for me to not let everyone else know and leak it to Maple... And we had no idea if what Soda was saying was true or not or anything..." He sighed. "But he seemed... I don't know. It seemed all so consistent, in a weird way... I feel like we made the right choice, but also fell for it because it seemed like the right choice. Like he made things so having us do the best thing resulted in him getting all he wanted, too."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Yeah."

Brisa chewed the thought in her head a second before continuing.

"That's pretty much how I saw it at the time. We had to do things exactly the way he intended, 'cause the consequence of fuckin' it up woulda been unacceptable. Shitty position t'be in."

She glanced up at Owen. "Wouldn't have done it much different, I don't think. Bahamut seems to think he could've persuaded Maple to stay well clear but he was nowhere t'be found and didn't take the public info about her bein' susceptible to berserkin' seriously enough. Plus Maple is stubborn as hell."

She growled to herself. "Lotta godlike skulls I wanna smack t'gether right now."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...There's one thing that I can agree with Soda about, the way he talked," Owen muttered. "The most powerful Pokemon I know tend to be overconfident in how they feel. Gods really are stubborn. Otherwise, why would they still cling to their power?" Owen sighed, flicking his tail. "The only one who seems ready to step down when needed is Pop... and he's the one who gave us the least trouble during all this."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa sighed. That was true.

"I like Pop," she admitted. "Fella tries hard t'be right fer his world. He's got humility. Don't much like that Soda was prepared to assume the worst of him after how he handled the Joule crisis."

She wondered what the arceus of her world was like. She had a feeling that, if 'her' arceus lived, they were negligent.

"You musta met a few of Cibus' pantheon by now," she remarked. "Any of them strike you as exceptionally sound of heart and mind?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
He hummed at that, tail flicking heavily with thought. Wishkeeper bubbled out of his shoulder and drifted about as well before shrugging.

"There's always Zekrom," he said.

Owen didn't reply. He only nodded, as he usually did, but Brisa could hear Wishkeeper.

"You know how she was like," Wishkeeper went on to Owen as if Brisa could not. "Her meals were wonderful, and she even humored a quick spar with you. She got you quite excited, but you don't need to tell Brisa that."

"You know, Zekrom might be okay," Owen said to Brisa.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Dragon of Ideals, right?" said Brisa, wondering why Wishkeeper was audible when he wasn't inhabiting Owen's body. "I know she heads the ethics committee, or somethin' of that nature. I might've been in her presence a time or two, but I don't recall interactin' with her all that much."

Hmm. Wishkeeper seemed like he had something specific in mind, rather than just making idle conversation about legendary 'mon between worlds.

"How about yerself? Y'ever shoot the breeze with her?" she asked.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Yeah. She's really full of energy, and she even humored a spar once."

"You lost, of course. But you knew that going in, didn't you? Just looking for a thrilling beat-down."

"Along with that," Owen added after nodding at Wishkeeper as he always did, not reacting even slightly, "I like the way she thinks. Optimistic. I guess it comes with her... title and all, but, you know. And she's also really supportive of her... I guess siblings?"

"Between socializing Kyurem and teaching Reshiram how to go on dates, she seems to keep both of her siblings sane. Maybe you could get some advice for both."

Owen nodded. "Wishkeeper says that she helps them stay grounded now that they're around mortals more."

"You don't suppose she teaches Reshiram anything else about dates?" Wishkeeper quipped, his unreadable face becoming a haze as he drifted a little faster to get over Owen's other shoulder. "Legendary relationships. How much experience do you think they have?"

"She might be worth seeing." Owen pointed ahead. "That's her house--next door to Kyurem's." Another large one, of course. This one seemed to hum with electricity. Zekrom must have been home.

"Just be nice to Brisa. Like most of the team, she's not in the best mood. Zekrom could be overwhelming." Wishkeeper drifted ahead. "We're syncing too much. I wouldn't mind getting another fight like that. There's nothing better than a good beat-down by a muscled body."

Owen giggled. "I think even Wishkeeper likes her attitude."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa raised a brow. "Tangent's interestin' an' all, Owen, but what's yer agenda here? You've lead me t'her place, evidently. You reckon I'll get somethin' outta droppin' by outta the blue?"

Obviously Wishkeeper – Owen, filtered differently – had somethin' in mind about dates, but she wanted to hear her friend spit something definitive out that he knew she'd hear. Owen was so perceptive he might already knew she could eavesdrop like this, of course...

Still, she didn't resist walking up to Zekrom's front door.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Do you think this would bother her?"

It seemed that Wishkeeper and Owen were either distracted or deliberately trying to ignore Brisa's innate reactions. Perhaps it was part of his attempts at privacy, considering how Brisa had been about mind reading, and Koa's reaction to how Owen had described his powers.

"Zekrom is the ethics leader. If there's anyone who can give us closer about what happened, I think it would be her. I bet she's seen tons of this in the past--you know, when to give information and when not to. To be honest... I've been kind of conflicted about it, too."

"Oh, of course. Because we've been lied to all our lives, by omission. And here we are doing it to others. Funny how that works."

Owen winced. "I guess I'm used to that kind of thing. I didn't think I'd wind up doing the opposite one day..."

"Obviously it was for everyone's sake and not just selfish needs, though. It's different... even if it was perhaps just as misguided. No matter how we frame it. You were an idiot and we all fell for Soda's illusions--physical and mental."

Owen nodded, sighing, as he knocked on the door.

"And we're probably still under Soda's control, too. When will you be telling Brisa that omission, hm? That you found scales in Shield's room that matched yours in the Guild, that you might have tried taking that scarf and you don't remember doing it?"

The door opened and Zekrom grinned at them both; based on how she reacted, she couldn't see nor hear Wishkeeper. "Oh, Owen! And... Brisa! Good to see you both!"

"And what about the headaches in the Tree of Life? If you got any closer to Eien, what if Soda sent you against the team? That's probably his backup plan and you haven't told anybody. That it's possible that the headaches you get when Perceiving Soda were because he was strangling your very spirit to stop it?"

"Hey, Zekrom," Owen said cheerfully, opening his wings a little. He showed not a single sign of being bothered by Wishkeeper's words.

"You're the last one, Owen. Everyone else has been freed of their Psychic holds except Soda himself. You're still a weapon and you don't know who for. Maybe if you ask Zekrom, she'll give some advice."

"Mind if we come in? We just wanted to stop by and relax and ask a few things." As usual, Owen showed no sign of reacting to Wishkeeper. Because he couldn't; if he did, it would give the impression something was wrong in front of everyone, who would have no idea.

"Oh, of course! Anything for your team!" She stepped back. "I'm actually cooling a cake right now. If you talk a bit, it'll be ready for frosting!"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa swallowed hard and tried not to think too hard about the revelation as it came. Best not to be startled and have that, in turn, throw Owen off. She'd do her best to be smart about this, if she could.

She'd have to come up with a plan for addressing this latest problem, though. If Owen was compromised, the team was compromised.

Damnit, Diyem. He'd said no team member could possibly be one of the spies...

"Howdy, ma'am," she said to Zekrom, retaining as much composure as she was able. "I'm Luxray Brisket of Team Spectrum. And, ah, of course I know you... My pleasure." Any nervousness would come off as awe of a higher legendary, of course, never mind that Brisa didn't experience much of that after making a personal acquaintance of the Creator, among other things.

"I'm told you're Cibus' ethical authority," she said. "Or should I say, expert? Is morality somethin' you yerself study, or somethin' derived from yer own determinations?" She chuckled awkwardly. "I don't mean t'come off all formal, I've just been curious, is all."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom