• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Central Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Joule grinned at all of them, brightening further. "Simply that I will be what I always have wanted to be--someone who could save as many as I could! I have the power to do so, after all."

"But that does not mean taking no breaks," Maple added. "Joule, perhaps it is time we rested. The rest we have now will be energy for later."

"Ah, very true." Joule bowed at them. "Thank you all for attending, of course. I wish you all the best on your future endeavors, and I shall be there to assist from afar!"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Huh… You’re welcome, pal.” Petram grinned and waved his paw. “Just make sure to not outshine the sun too hard, alright? We don’t want the day to break, after all!”

And with those words (and a stumble as he needed to get used to his new legs), he left the area, whistling merrily while thinking about the next fun activity of the day.

For some reason, rebuilding his sandcastle didn’t sound a exciting anymore. He craved… Hm! Leppa cider! Time to stop by the cafeteria, then!

R12 ~ Memories and Curses

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The air was slowly getting warmer in Destiny Village as spring quietly broke through the icy sheet of winter. It was still frigid, even for the fiery Pokemon that flew through the skies, but he could tell from the ease of conjuring his updraft that warmer air would be here within weeks.

He'd long since discovered the best times for aerial training. Ever since Silver and Yveltal had halted their training--well, technically Giovanni and Yveltal--the skies were a lot clearer for his tests and maneuvers. He was getting quicker at calming his nerves and reverting from his manic state, too... and was even to the point where he could stay perfectly controlled even while energized.

Now if only he could figure out how to master becoming a tree... That was probably the strangest power yet, but it had quite a few uses. He'd yet to confess that power to anyone, though. It was strange, even for him. But he'd have to do it eventually, for how helpful it seemed to be.

Landing on the road after perhaps an hour of intense flying exercises, Owen finally folded his wings down and exhaled with a sigh and a pant. His body felt sticky from snow and little particles in the air sticking to his scales from all the moisture, and he wasn't in the mood for a water bath. He held up his hand and clicked his claws, forming a little spark.

The spark grew and enveloped his body, starting with his arm and crawling along his whole form like a flame to paper. It sizzled and crackled and ash fell around his body, impurities burned away and into the air. He shook his body and beat his wings, conjuring a powerful, concentrated twister around his body next, which knocked loose the dust and ash that remained, and then enveloped the mess into a ball of darkness.

And just like that, the Charizard was clean. He slipped the tiny mess of burned dust into his bag for proper disposal later.

He had a sense that Cal was nearby and coming closer. Odd. She had been in Treasure Town a while ago, and when he asked how she was doing, she'd only given evasive answers. He was a little worried that she was trying to do something with the spy... but felt that wouldn't be like her, all things considered, even for a risky operation. So, it was nice that she was coming back. Maybe she just wanted to play with Surf and Turf. Or, maybe she was finally going to...

"Hey," Owen called, waving at her as she flew toward--

Flew?

"You evolved!" Owen beamed, spreading his wings even wider, but then winced. The flying exercises left him a little tired and ached. "Cal! I mean, I don't really know how that works, but congratulations!"

The new Charizard landed with a wobbly stumble and nodded at him. "Yeah, I did. I kind of had a moment."

"A moment?" he asked. "Did everything go alright in Treasure Town?"

"Yeah. I just. Um. I went and had to do something with Luz, actually. She wanted to see the real Wandering Light that Brisa talks about."

"Oh! Did that go well?" Owen asked.

Cal nodded. "Yeah. It went really well."

They walked down the road and toward Rocky Road, though it was still far away.

"I think Luz is more at peace with herself. They weren't really that similar. I guess it wasn't too much of a surprise since she was based on stories and all that."

"Yeah, I figured. Never meet your heroes, but maybe this time it makes sense to do that, right?"

"Yeah. She was really cool, but she's a lot like Brisa, too. The way you say she overworks herself, I think maybe that Luz is the same way. But after some talking, it worked out, and..."

"And... you evolved?"

Cal stopped her walking. Owen stopped a few paces later, turning around. He studied what little of her body he could analyze. The golden ember on her tail. The two embers in her head for her false eyes. There was something new there. Her silence was... expectant. What was she expecting? And there was a new strength in her, too. She hadn't made any jokes or pranks or even mischievous movements. Very unlike her. And she was far too young to be all grown up.

She was being too quiet for too long for it to be more than an expectation. No signs of doubt... Right. She knew how perceptive he was supposed to be. So, that was her game. Testing him like always.

Far away, Joule shouted something and roared with laughter. Maple tried to shush him and Joule hastily stifled the rest of his outburst.

Went to see Luz's true self. Cal went as well, and evolved from it. There was more to it.

Oh.

She'd finally done it.

The larger Charizard's body language relaxed, not quite disarming, but not really his formal stance, either. "How was she?" he asked, and he accompanied it with a wry, sad grin.

"...I thought so," Cal said, wings drooping. "You've already gone to see her, and she forgot."

"She did." Owen nodded. "The moment I realized what Spirits' Edge could do, I... how could I not try to seek her out?"

"And you told Buffet not to tell me."

"I didn't want to force you to confront her. You wouldn't have been ready."

Cal's embers flared and shrank, little emotions piling and lessening. "Every goddamn thing has to be a test with you, doesn't it?"

Owen dipped his head. "Sorry," he said. "I didn't really know if..."

"...Must have hurt to meet her again, only for her to forget by the time you visited again. I should've known you'd've seen her by now, so it was weird that she didn't remember you did." Cal clenched her claws. "It's gonna be the same with me, isn't it? She won't remember she'd met me. She'll go back to thinking that her father never wanted to see her again."

Owen nodded. "It's a curse," he said, "by one of the gods that rules my world. When I came to Cibus, I was freed from it. But the moment I return, so will the curse. When I get back... one of my goals is to lift it. I didn't know it, but that's what I'm trying to do there."

"So that's it, huh..." Cal sighed. "I wish I could help... but I know I can't."

The edges of Owen's mouth twitched into a little smile. "It's good to hear anyway."

Despite the fact that she lacked a proper face, it seemed like the two shared an expression then. When Cal started walking again, Owen went with her.

The two continued down the road, their embers the exact same size.

"Flying lessons?" Owen asked.

"Fuck yeah."

<><><>​

R13 - Space: The Final Frontier

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven flew over the empty path, checking to make sure that nobody was there. Having anyone in range of what would become a launch zone aside from those going to space... Well, it could be damaging to them, to say the very least. She finally landed after she was certain it was just her, for the time being. The other Shades would probably be there soon, as well as Vix...

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Wait, were we supposed to bring food?" Vix asked, rising from the ground. There was no reason to, but floating in things was fun, and surprisingly fast. "All I usually have is charcoal which... I don't think you guys would eat."

Although she looked as normal as ever, aside from the slightly darker hues, Vix was excited to try and reach the stars. Her usual jagged grin was the most obvious tell of that.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"I didn't bring food, either," Rocky admitted. "But that's okay! I don't think you're supposed to eat before going to space anyway. The no gravity makes you feel all weird, I think you'd just throw it up." He grinned for a moment, thinking of how gross that was. "Oh, well, I guess we don't have stomachs anyway... whatever."

He looked around the bustling crossroads. "Did you say you'd find someone to help us go to space? Who is it?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Hey! Am I late to the space mission?”

From behind some random corner came Petram, running toward the group with a bag around his shoulder. He exhaled nothing and held out his tongue, while his tails wagged and glowed with a faint purple light.

“Oh! It seems I made it in time! Good!” He flashed his usual smirk. “Ah! Guess what? I brought cupcakes! Y’know, in case we find aliens who wish to try some Cibean specialty!”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Sure! I baked plenty~!”

With that said, Petram produced a small cupcake with whipped cream and some chocolate chips, resembling the holes of the moon.

“I have white chocolate and cheesecake-flavored cupcakes, because I thought that combo was tasty… and flavorful, haha!” He glanced at the other familiars. “If you want one as well, just ask!”

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"We can probably eat the cupcakes when we get there... Hm. I think the best way to do this would be... Vix, you could carry our stones inside you, correct? We should all be safe that way, and your wax should protect you as well?", Raven asked, while looking over those gathered. There weren't so many here, so Vix could probably carry them all with no problem. She turned back to the ghost. "Do you have a way to break through the atmosphere?"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Rocky's tail thrashed once when Raven said they'd have the cupcakes later, before he even got to as for one! It was okay, though... that meant they'd have them when they got to the moon, and that would make them even more special when they did get to eat them.

Vix taking them was a surprise, too. Rocky had thought Raven would have got someone like Rayquaza or Cresselia to take them. But Vix wouldn't die in space because Vix was already dead, so... probably it would work out. Rocky examined the chandelure's candle-tipped arms with interest. "Ooh! Can you make rockets?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I think the best way to do this would be... Vix, you could carry our stones inside you, correct? We should all be safe that way, and your wax should protect you as well?",

To everyone's surprise, or perhaps no one's, Vix was already stuffing her face full of cupcakes when the spotlight was shone on her. Her face was covered in icing, and her mouth was still full when Raven asked her something. The Chandelure swallowed and wiped her face, putting on a professional look, and nodded. "I should definitely be able to carry you guys, I'm not all that solid, after all."

"Do you have a way to break through the atmosphere?"

"Ooh! Can you make rockets?"

"Let's see..." Vix hummed. "I should be able to fly up there pretty easily, but to actually break through the atmosphere and into space... I'm gonna need a lot of speed, or just a lot of energy. I might be able to literally blast myself to space with you guys inside me, you know, like a rocket, but that's a big energy cost."

"I don't know if I can draw power from you guys, but maybe if I shadowed a bit, I could do it."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Well! If you need firepower, I can offer the power of my fire!”

To prove his point, Petram lit up his set of tails and put them together, producing a bright purple flame. The star inside of his chest pulsed with a quivering light, but it wasn’t clear whether he was displaying true raw power.

“I’m so fired up, peeps!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom