• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"What was your first clue?" Soda deadpanned.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Her very visceral reaction to this Joule character's state, Mr. Comedian." Bahamut opted for a straight answer. Zoroark could figuratively feed off snark back home. It seemed this one was no different.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Truffle lowered himself to Maple and spoke softly, "Do you need anything?"

Maple shook her head. "...I just need... time. We... can save him, can't we? Surely if we..."

"Just rest, please," Truffle said. "You can't do anything while like this."

"I should have... used more power against him," Maple said. "But that could have risked..."

"In his state, he could have stolen your power if you unleashed yourself," Truffle said. "It was wise to keep yourself suppressed."

Arceus looked toward Bahamut. "It seems that Maple will be okay. Did you want to speak to her about something else?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's eyes purpled. "I think you should come clean about the nature of your relationship to my teammates. Most of them are... not keen on trusting you, but there are certainly a number of bleeding hearts among them. You could perhaps find people who will empathize with your plight."

He slowly turned away from the group, core darkening. "At the very least... Joule can still be saved. Some of us are not so fortunate in that regard."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...How much... would they believe?" Maple said.

"You humored them for quite a while," Arceus pointed out. "They seem like the sort who would, in some capacity, return the favor. Honesty may be our best weapon now. The Blacklight can only grow if we continue to hide from our own allies."

Maple listened, though she was too tired to really put much of it into consideration. "But when would I... how could I..." Maple seemed so much smaller. There was a sense of hopelessness in her voice. She likely wasn't used to being so weak.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"The way you're speaking right now... it's an awful lot like me." Bahamut paused in the doorway. "No hope. Drowning in despair." His arms lowered to his side. "It seems there's more to your tale than anyone on our team could reasonably suspect. But coming from someone who lost his family and has watched his home erode before his eyes, you can't allow this despair to keep hold of you. It will only make it easier for the shadows to use you for their own whims."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I... I see." Maple looked down. "I see..."

Truffle peered over Maple, asking something quietly.

Maple nodded. "I--"

"I'm back!"

In came Potluck with a great spread of food under his beak, preserved by a thermal container. "Everyone at the party wanted to send their regards and stuff, and! And! They got a sampler of the foods there so you can enjoy it, too!"

Maple looked back, eyes just a little wide. "Excuse me...?" She tried to stand up, but needed Truffle's help just to sit.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut avoided chiding the bird-fish-dog-thing for almost barreling into him. "It certainly smells like a variety of dishes." His crystalline arms shrugged. "Ah, right. The team decided to throw some sort of... social gathering. With food and drinks. I'm not liked by the team, so I abstained from attending. The poipole apparition that hatched from that mysterious stone went, though. He's probably terrorizing the others as I speak."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"He's having fun with the others, yeah! He's talking to Owen and Cabot right now. Maple, are you sure you're too tired to go to the party?"

"Potluck, Maple is far too tired for that sort of thing," Truffle said firmly. "She may have stopped her bleeding, but her energy is far too low for any kind of strain."

Maple took the first bite from the sampler with a faint smile. "Bahamut," Maple said quietly, "do you truly believe your team dislikes you?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut smirked. "Of course. No one wants to be around a depressing, stoic old-timer who's lived far longer than he should have." His yellow-orange torso glowed briefly. "My responsibility is to make sure all these youngsters return home safely to their worlds. It's why my aura is tuned to healing and defenses, instead of offense."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I see..." Maple smiled faintly, like something else was on her mind. But then she seemed to suppress the thought and struggled to her feet. Truffle was quick to urge her down, but she refused. "I disagree," she said. "Bahamut, perhaps you are too hard on yourself..."

"Maple?" Truffle asked.

"Potluck, I'm sorry for the roundabout," Maple said, staggering forward. "And Truffle, Soda, I am sorry for the trouble with setting up the light chamber. But I... for a little while, I wish to go to this party."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“I would say I’m not hard enough.” Bahamut clicked his tongue. Such a strange feeling. “I would encourage resting, but I cannot stop you. Perhaps some of the team can view as better company than I’d be. Just watch out for all the hatched shades.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“As I said, my presence will only serve to dampen the atmosphere.” Bahamut scratched his head. “Or I’d just end up standing on the side awkwardly while Poipole embarrasses me.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...Well... If that is how you feel, I can't force you," Maple said as Potluck started leaving. "But I do hope that I can see you in some sort of... party setting one day, Bahamut. But until then." She nodded, and Potluck left Bahamut with Arceus and the others.

"Well, guess if my work's done, I'll leave, too," Soda said, waving them goodbye before fading away.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Right. Yes. Enjoy yourselves." Bahamut's voice was heavy. His arms drooped down by his sides. He took a long breath. "Arceus, will your, erm, children be okay?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"They are resting for now," Arceus replied, looking toward Bahamut with a solemn expression.

Truffle stepped by Bahamut and looked up. "You know, there are quite a few quiet places that you can still relax during the party, from what I observed."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"There is no such place so long as Poipole as there." Bahamut wrinkled his nose. "Perhaps the others will find him... marginally better company than they do me."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Truffle sighed, though he seemed to relent. "There is a lot to appreciate from you, Bahamut, even if the team may not immediately see it. Perhaps in time they shall see. I suppose having a more positive attitude wouldn't hurt... but we do certainly have a lot of serious business to attend to." Truffle fluffed up. "But! Morale is also important to any army, or whatever we may call ourselves. Some cheer and recreation is always a welcome addition. All things considered, when you are actually summoned for a mission, your team is quite diligent."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"In battle, perhaps. I'm just not... fit for civilian life anymore." Bahamut folded his arms against his side. "I'm a relic of a long-forgotten era from a world that's too fundamentally different from this one.

"Take care." He trudged onto the street and turned in the general direction of the guild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom