• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[My hesitancy to elaborate on my role and messages was to conceal my power from the mafia, because if they knew it existed, it'd be useless for identifying them.]
[[…ok, that’s fair. But you still could have elaborated a little, no? Like, “my role is more helpful to town if I don’t say too much.” (It’s possible you said something like this and I missed it, to be fair—correct me if I’m wrong.)]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[I think I did that? Not entirely sure though.]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[He did make mention of his role being good for Town but best left unsaid:
"I-it's probably random b-because I have a-another power...though I don't th-think I should say what it i-is."

"Um...m-my power d-definitely can help town win. I d-don't know what else c-can be done t-to help, though..." He says, before his expression pales at the human question, and his breathing becomes rapid.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Um...m-my power d-definitely can help town win. I d-don't know what else c-can be done t-to help, though..." He says, before his expression pales at the human question, and his breathing becomes rapid.

But his teammates weren't here, were they? They wouldn't know about it if he said he was here.

"...y-yeah. I-I'm h-human," Gen said, clutching tightly onto his reunion cape.
[Here.]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Ah, ok then. Thank you for finding the quotes for me, I don’t have the time to dig for quotes atm so it’s appreciated!

And on that note, I’m about to go have dinner so I won’t be around for a bit.

Something to ponder: We should consider what we’re dealing with here: either a third mafia or a rogue TP. I’m definitely leaning towards the latter, because otherwise, what was the point of my role?? Why would I have that in a game with no SK? Also, how else would there be two shots a night?

This still means Fuse could easily be the rogue TP, of course.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[Alright. Take care! And thank you for being patient with me.]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Jesus H. Christ, is everyone a fucking Alien?! Here I am still tryna figure out why Palkia specifically targetted Amy. Is it ‘cuz she was a Satellite Alien? My fuckin’ head hurts…”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[ my phone dies and this is what happens huh. Alright lmao.

Well I got a weird ass message, so, have at it.

It has already been translated. ]]

[[ that's literally it ]]
[[Also i have an inkling of a feeling this was the Telemarketer’s message, to Abra, basically confirming them as mafia kinda sorta (unless this was a message from Gen in which case ignore me lul)]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Aye yes me stupid thank you]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[Also, an Alien that you have to execute to win the game wouldn't really make sense. If they get shot in order to prime them, you can't execute them without them winning, so there's no way to get rid of them and win.]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[Also, an Alien that you have to execute to win the game wouldn't really make sense. If they get shot in order to prime them, you can't execute them without them winning, so there's no way to get rid of them and win.]
[[…my brain cannot parse this paragraph for some reason, can you or someone else re-phrase it for me lol]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[Aliens that must be eliminated for town to win can make the game impossible to win for town if they're shot, since if they're shot, they can't be eliminated without them winning.]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[Aliens that must be eliminated for town to win can make the game impossible to win for town if they're shot, since if they're shot, they can't be eliminated without them winning.]
[[ohhhh. Hmm, this is a good point. However, if an alien can establish contact with the mafia and form an alliance, then that greatly reduces their chances of being shot. Also, the win-con could very well be different for a rogue alien, so that if they get shot twice, only they die.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"I... I have a few things to say, but I'm waiting for one piece of information to be confirmed. Though, since we're all sharing, Mademoiselle, would you care to share your role PM as well? I'd like to confirm if my assessment of you is correct. This is most likely the end-game, after all."
Rui, still shaken from the day’s events, turned to Steven. “You…said you had something to say? Will you share it now, or are you still waiting for something?”

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Rui, still shaken from the day’s events, turned to Steven. “You…said you had something to say? Will you share it now, or are you still waiting for something?”
"Ah, I do," said Steven. He was quiet, still withdrawn as he processed what had happened that day. "I don't have all of my answers, but I think I might know enough to say something. Or at least ask a question. Specifically of you."

"I was wondering, why did you hide your buddy information from your role PM reveal? We know who it is by process of elimination. Did you speak with Kora at all during the game?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Ah, I do," said Steven. He was quiet, still withdrawn as he processed what had happened that day. "I don't have all of my answers, but I think I might know enough to say something. Or at least ask a question. Specifically of you."

"I was wondering, why did you hide your buddy information from your role PM reveal? We know who it is by process of elimination. Did you speak with Kora at all during the game?"
“Oh, yes.” Rui sighed and frowned at the ground. “Kora is my buddy. And to be honest, I kept that secret for a while—first, it was to keep each other safe, since we agreed on the first day that we shouldn’t all say who our buddies were. But as time went on, I didn’t say he was my buddy because…I suspected him. And I still do.

He’s barely spoken to me at all, you see, and I was scared that if I said we were buddies, people would be suspicious of me by association. And…I was also scared that if spoke out against him too quickly, I’d get shot. It happened to Guzma, so who’s to say it wouldn’t happen to me? And who would find the other shooter if I died?”

[[Yep, full honesty, Fuse and I are buddies. And…I think I’ve received maybe 2 messages from him in total. I know he is busy irl, and I do think that is genuine, but it has made it very hard for me to know if I can trust him. Sadly, me being his buddy hasn’t given me any additional info on his alignment, either, because I’ve heard next to nothing except surface level stuff.

Yes, I hid this for a while because I was worried he might flip scum, and after Jackie’s assertion on D1 that all buddies were probably of the same alignment, I feared that people would just automatically assume I was scum, or at least be suspicious of me simply because we were buddies.

I am sorry for not saying anything sooner—I just didn’t think that the info would help at all, especially considering I’ve gained absolutely no insight on his alignment. I’m definitely willing to vote him today, especially after Bench has made a few good points about why it wouldn’t make sense for him to be SK.

Though if Fuse flips town if/when we lynch him, I swear I’m gonna flip a table because I cannot put into words how hard it is to play with inactive players. Hhhhhhhh. 🙃]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I should clarify that the “we” here is referring to all of us in the game as a while, referencing the convo we had on D1. Fuse and I literally have not spoken enough to “agree” on anything. We haven’t even talked about the game itself, tbh, save for a little about his RP and the fact that he’s busy.]]
And to be honest, I kept that secret for a while—first, it was to keep each other safe, since we agreed on the first day that we shouldn’t all say who our buddies were.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Mademoiselle wondered about the compositions of these "buddy systems", considering who had been partnered with who. In an instant, she noticed a significant pattern. Again, Mademoiselle made herself the centre of attention.

"I've noticed a common link between all of these buddy systems. With the sole exception of the system consisting of scum (AZ and Palkia), each of these systems initially consisted of one town, one third-party. Salem and myself; Steven and Amy; the phantom voice and the moron; the linoone-creature and the oshawott." Mademoiselle fixed her gaze on Rui. "Going by this pattern, one of either you or the zoroark is Third-party, and most likely, our hostile one seeing that we have seen testimony from every other third-party player here that they are an Alien. With how I received your message last night,
"Are you there?"
I am inclined to believe your claims to be true, meaning that the zoroark is most likely to be our serial killer."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Okay, so assuming that both of you are being honest about your role PMs, that'd make the only rogue element here Fusion, right?

Also, sure!]]
You are an Alien! Your alignment is Third-party, but you will win if Town wins. Your Buddy, who you may communicate with privately at all times, is unrepentantAuthor.

Your species is quite tenacious, and will only die upon receiving two bullets to vital regions. However, being shot once can have some unfortunate consequences. If you receive the most votes during the day after being shot once, and are about to be executed at the end of the day, a primal instinctive rage will activate within you. The game will end and all players will perish. You will be a lone survivor of your rampage, but at what cost? Is it worth losing your Buddy?

Luckily, if you are shot once in the night and then shot again in another night, you will just die without activating rage mode. You will also die if you are executed at the end of the day without being shot previously. How fortunate!

You have adopted a very cute and frail earthling, unrepentantAuthor. While you are alive, your Buddy may survive one shot. You will be informed when your one-shot-protection is depleted. However, your one-shot-protection will not activate if your Buddy is a Third-party player.

If you acquire an adoptive third Buddy, your protection may also extend to that player. If either of your Buddys are shot, the one-shot-protection will be fully depleted.

If you perish, your Buddy(s) may no longer survive any shots, even if your one-shot-protection wasn’t used.

Your Buddy will not know your role or alignment unless you choose to tell them. If your Buddy perishes, you may be adopted by another Buddy system. This will be chosen at random.

You may quote your entire role PM at any time. You are also free to edit/tamper with anything you quote from your role PM, or omit vital information.

You may win the game if any (not necessarily all) of the following are achieved during gameplay:
  • All Mafia-aligned players are exterminated, achieving a Village victory.
  • You and your starting Buddy survive until the final day, achieving a Buddy victory.
  • You and any of your adoptive Buddy(s) survive until the final day, achieving a Found Family victory.
  • Your Buddy system wins despite you or other members of the Buddy system perishing, achieving a Bittersweet Ending victory.
  • You are executed after being shot one time, activating your primal instinctive rage mode and killing all other players. This achieves a “Bad Ending” victory.
The following things are entirely optional and probably luck-based, but award bonus points:
  • You end up in a solely Third-party Buddy system. You receive an Intergalactic Party Time achievement.
  • You end up in a Buddy system with Mafia-aligned player(s). You receive a “Cthulhu in the Wolf’s Den” achievement.
  • Your one-shot-protection on your Buddy(s) does not get popped for the entire game. You receive a “Repelling bullets with the force of anger alone” achievement.
Achievements will be distributed after the game ends, in order to not spoil the identity of players. Please stand by while other role PMs are sent out and Buddy Chats are set up. Have fun!
"Brilliant, thank you," said Steven. "It's as I thought. Also, I've finally heard back about my inquiry so, I think it's time to lay everything out on the table."

Steven produced a letter from his pocket. "I got Salem's message last night. Or should I say, the Telemarketer's message. They coded their identity into their message, but... it seems as if we weren't able to protect them after all. Mademoiselle, I am sorry that your buddy was taken from you."

Steven's confidence waned a little, but he had to stay strong, he had to do this. For Amy. He steeled himself for what he was about to say, and quite frankly, it really just dawned on him as he mulled it over in his head.

"To tell you the truth, I was a little confused as to why I've received another message from the Telemarketer. Their powers were random, and it's possible that it just so happened to go to me again via luck of the draw. Which... was not as helpful as I'd hoped it would be. Unless there were no other Town targets for their messages to be sent to..."

The letter was tucked back into Steven's jacket pocket, and he smoothed down his lapels. "In any case, regardless of how the message found its way to me again, I believe Town is going to win this game."

"In order for the game to end, all Mafia must be eliminated. This is a common win condition shared with both Town and Town-aligned Aliens. Because this game is still continuing, there is at least one Mafia player still among us, and there are only two possible players this could be: Kora (Fusion) or Rui (Yellow)."

"Guzma, Mademoiselle, and Gen all are cleared as definite Aliens per their information, powers, and role PMs. Because of this, they are all Third Party players and are not considered Mafia, even if they are able to kill."

"Because we only have two potential players to eliminate to win the game, we only need two days, today and tomorrow, to achieve victory. Based on the remaining player count, unless there are some other powers at play that have remained hidden up until now, it is mathematically impossible for the Mafia to achieve a majority vote, even if BOTH Kora and Rui are Mafia, AND if Mafia has both night kill shots, and not a Third Party killer."

"Therefore, I am voting Kora (Fusion) today. @Bluwiikoon

If the game does not end after today's elimination vote for Kora, the remaining town should vote Rui the next day for the victory."

Top Bottom