• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[
hah, i was just theorizing that to Pano
]]

Amy considered, then shook her head. "I already showed my full role sheet to Pano on the first night. I don't necessarily think Aliens have to be bad, but I also think we're likely to be different from each other. If I show everyone my sheet, I'd want you to do yours first. That way, I won't be giving you an example to draw from If you're not as town-aligned as I am."
[[I’m not opposed to that, I have nothing to hide anymore, but before I do that I have to ask—You’re a “Satellite Alien” meaning you can send messages to other aliens…if you were theorizing I was an alien, why didn’t you try to send me a message? I’m just curious.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[I’m not opposed to that, I have nothing to hide anymore, but before I do that I have to ask—You’re a “Satellite Alien” meaning you can send messages to other aliens…if you were theorizing I was an alien, why didn’t you try to send me a message? I’m just curious.]]

I don't choose who my messages go to; they get sent out to a random Alien whose identity I never get told.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
I don't choose who my messages go to; they get sent out to a random Alien whose identity I never get told.
[[AH okay, thanks for clarifying.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
You are an Alien! Your alignment is Third-party, but you will win if Town wins. Your Buddy, who you may communicate with privately at all times, is DawningWinds.

Your species is quite tenacious, and will only die upon receiving two bullets to vital regions. However, being shot once can have some unfortunate consequences. If you receive the most votes during the day after being shot once, and are about to be executed at the end of the day, a primal instinctive rage will activate within you. The game will end and all players will perish. You will be a lone survivor of your rampage, but at what cost? Is it worth losing your Buddy?

Luckily, if you are shot once in the night and then shot again in another night, you will just die without activating rage mode. You will also die if you are executed at the end of the day without being shot previously. How fortunate!

You have adopted a very cute and frail earthling, DawningWinds. While you are alive, your Buddy may survive one shot. You will be informed when your one-shot-protection is depleted. However, your one-shot-protection will not activate if your Buddy is a Third-party player.

If you acquire an adoptive third Buddy, your protection may also extend to that player. If either of your Buddys are shot, the one-shot-protection will be fully depleted.

If you perish, your Buddy(s) may no longer survive any shots, even if your one-shot-protection wasn’t used.

Your Buddy will not know your role or alignment unless you choose to tell them. If your Buddy perishes, you may be adopted by another Buddy system. This will be chosen at random.

You may quote your entire role PM at any time. You are also free to edit/tamper with anything you quote from your role PM, or omit vital information.

You may win the game if any (not necessarily all) of the following are achieved during gameplay:
  • All Mafia-aligned players are exterminated, achieving a Village victory.
  • You and your starting Buddy survive until the final day, achieving a Buddy victory.
  • You and any of your adoptive Buddy(s) survive until the final day, achieving a Found Family victory.
  • Your Buddy system wins despite you or other members of the Buddy system perishing, achieving a Bittersweet Ending victory.
  • You are executed after being shot one time, activating your primal instinctive rage mode and killing all other players. This achieves a “Bad Ending” victory.

The following things are entirely optional and probably luck-based, but award bonus points:
  • You end up in a solely Third-party Buddy system. You receive an Intergalactic Party Time achievement.
  • You end up in a Buddy system with Mafia-aligned player(s). You receive a “Cthulhu in the Wolf’s Den” achievement.
  • Your one-shot-protection on your Buddy(s) does not get popped for the entire game. You receive a “Repelling bullets with the force of anger alone” achievement.

Achievements will be distributed after the game ends, in order to not spoil the identity of players. Please stand by while other role PMs are sent out and Buddy Chats are set up. Have fun!
“Have at it, chucklefucks.”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I guess if Equi’s lying she can just copy from me now but like I said, I have nothing to hide lul.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Amy said really similar stuff to Guzma," said Salem, scratching her cheek. "Sounds like they really are both 'aliens'. Seems way too complex and weird and specific to lie about."

"...I-I can only send a c-couple words, too. I u-used that to s-send a message in M-Morse Code l-last night," Gen said.

"So you're another 'prank caller', but a totally random one? How could that help at all? Did you try to do anything with your message?"

There's nothing about this in my own role PM. How would that work?

[[Eh, I really have no idea. I guess I figured since the TP theme is aliens, maybe the SK I think exists is an alien and they're hunting aliens and increasing the risk of bad endings.]]

I don't think anyone would really target me for anything

[[A lot of people have random-target PMing powers this game apparently. You might get a PM at random. Sorry to hear you're so demotivated, I really sympathise. For what it's worth, I'm inclined to trust your townclaim.]]

we never spoke,

[[Lmfao that tracks. I find your long rant completely and entirely convincing. So sorry it went down like that.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Yup, here's my full role PM. Pano will be able to confirm it's the same thing I showed her.

The difference (besides Sind not being able to send messages) is that sheis missing is a modifer--she's just a plain 'Alien' where I get to be a Satellite one--and she doesn't get the "aeiou???" achievement I get for receiving a message. Others should be able to tell if they're missing that too or if it looks like Sind removed/forgot something.

You are a Satellite Alien! Your alignment is Third-party, but you will win if Town wins. Your Buddy, who you may communicate with privately at all times, is Panoramic_Vacuum.

Your species is quite tenacious, and will only die upon receiving two bullets to vital regions. However, being shot once can have some unfortunate consequences. If you receive the most votes during the day after being shot once, and are about to be executed at the end of the day, a primal instinctive rage will activate within you. The game will end and all players will perish. You will be a lone survivor of your rampage, but at what cost? Is it worth losing your Buddy?

Luckily, if you are shot once in the night and then shot again in another night, you will just die without activating rage mode. You will also die if you are executed at the end of the day without being shot previously. How fortunate!

During night phases, you may send a message to a random Alien player. You will not know who received the message, and the recipient will not know who sent the message. But if the recipient shares the message they received in the thread, well… what you do after that, is up to you.

The message you send may only contain the words “JOHN MADDEN”, “aeiou” and “hehe”, in any number and any order. If you perish, you may only send “:(“, “:((“ and “(sad ghost noises)”. To send a message, respond to the GM (Bluwiikoon) with the message you would like to transmit.

You have adopted a very cute and frail earthling, Panoramic_Vacuum. While you are alive, your Buddy may survive one shot. You will be informed when your one-shot-protection is depleted. However, your one-shot-protection will not activate if your Buddy is a Third-party player.

If you acquire an adoptive third Buddy, your protection may also extend to that player. If either of your Buddys are shot, the one-shot-protection will be fully depleted.

If you perish, your Buddy(s) may no longer survive any shots, even if your one-shot-protection wasn’t used.

Your Buddy will not know your role or alignment unless you choose to tell them. If your Buddy perishes, you may be adopted by another Buddy system. This will be chosen at random.

You may quote your entire role PM at any time. You are also free to edit/tamper with anything you quote from your role PM, or omit vital information.

You may win the game if any (not necessarily all) of the following are achieved during gameplay:
  • All Mafia-aligned players are exterminated, achieving a Village victory.
  • You and your starting Buddy survive until the final day, achieving a Buddy victory.
  • You and any of your adoptive Buddy(s) survive until the final day, achieving a Found Family victory.
  • Your Buddy system wins despite you or other members of the Buddy system perishing, achieving a Bittersweet Ending victory.
  • You are executed after being shot one time, activating your primal instinctive rage mode and killing all other players. This achieves a “Bad Ending” victory.

The following things are entirely optional and probably luck-based, but award bonus points:
  • You identify a fellow Alien in-thread via your randomly-sent message. You receive an aeiou achievement.
  • You receive an anonymous message from another player. You receive an “aeiou????” achievement.
  • You end up in a solely Third-party Buddy system. You receive an Intergalactic Party Time achievement.
  • You end up in a Buddy system with Mafia-aligned player(s). You receive a “Cthulhu in the Wolf’s Den” achievement.
  • Your one-shot-protection on your Buddy(s) does not get popped for the entire game. You receive a “Repelling bullets with the force of anger alone” achievement.

Achievements will be distributed after the game ends, in order to not spoil the identity of players. Please stand by while other role PMs are sent out and Buddy Chats are set up. Have fun!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"So you're another 'prank caller', but a totally random one? How could that help at all? Did you try to do anything with your message?"
"Y-yeah. I tried t-to send a ph-phrase in my message," Gen said, beginning to relax a bit.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Day Two amended readlist.]]

Hard Town
uA/Salem (hardclaiming town, can prove myself if pressed)
Pano/Steven (telemarketing recipient, good play, consistent with last game)
Inke/Mlle (excellent townplay)
Tetra/Possum (telemarketing recipient, good play, blessing mechanic)

Soft Town
Fuse/Kora (his claim tracks with his lack of interest in the game. even if he's scum, he's not trying to sway the conversation or votecounts, so he's not a day threat if so.)
Yellow/Rui (UFO watcher role sounds authentic, I like her play)

Hard Alien
Equi/Amy (checks out)
Sind/Guzma (checks out)

Null
Bench/Gen (I never know what to make of Bench's playstyle tbh)

Cautious/Mixed
Abra/Palkia (hardclaimed Doctor, so I'm reluctant to vote for them without mechanical evidence they're lying)
Kyeugh/AZ (no claims iirc, some shifty behaviour re: starting the DW train without voting, and memeing aggressively, but she's made some posts I approve of)

Suspicious
-

Dead Town
DW/DE (change your town playstyle, it reads as sus in the TR meta)

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Yup, here's my full role PM. Pano will be able to confirm it's the same thing I showed her.

The difference (besides Sind not being able to send messages) is that sheis missing is a modifer--she's just a plain 'Alien' where I get to be a Satellite one--and she doesn't get the "aeiou???" achievement I get for receiving a message. Others should be able to tell if they're missing that too or if it looks like Sind removed/forgot something.
[[i was not given that aeiou achievement—copied my role straight from the message from Bluwii. Even if i did get it and was still trying to hide shit, that would not be the achievement I removed lol]]

[[Lmfao that tracks. I find your long rant completely and entirely convincing. So sorry it went down like that.]]
[[it is what what it is 🤷🏼‍♀️ now I’m just tryna get info out before I inevitably perish]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"aeiou" achievements were only listed for message-senders, so as not to spoil the fact that messages can be sent and received ^^ If you enjoy these achievements, I can amend them to anyone who received a message!

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Salem made a quiet growling noise in her throat.

"I just had a thought," she said, softly. "I was trying to understand: what is the point of a completely random message power? Especially when there are other random message powers that help identify town or aliens. Then I got it. Wouldn't it make sense for the Mafia to have a random message power to confuse us and make it harder to trust the useful messages?"

[[I'd have thought that if Bench was actually scum that he'd be guided by his scumteam, but I think his fear of PGO was probably truthfully confessed, and the scum might not even be particularly active this game. I'm keeping him on 'Null', but my sus list is very small right now and I want to squeeze a little.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I-it's probably random b-because I have a-another power...though I don't th-think I should say what it i-is."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I also don't think how Bench/Gen responds to questioning indicates towny-ness. Repeating himself while avoiding elaboration, not doing any scumhunting... It makes me moderately suspicious. Sure, the play is in line with Xmas Mafia's showing by Gen, but Gen's whole thing as a character is being scared and lying to everyone, right? Also, if he is town, why not just come out with loads more information than this? What's he hiding? Why?]]

[[Sniped lmfao]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
After some thought, Fry believes what Guzma said.

He trots over to Guzma and places a paw on his shoe. BLESS GUZMA.

Then he contemplated what the others said. He wants to make a list again, but he's busy.
He doesn't trust the weird man (Q) yet. He thinks maybe the nervous otter is telling the truth, most likely.

He seems new and scared, but doesn't smell like a liar, at least for now.

However he still has a lot to think on.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
After some thought, Fry believes what Guzma said.

He trots over to Guzma and places a paw on his shoe. BLESS GUZMA.

Then he contemplated what the others said. He wants to make a list again, but he's busy.
He doesn't trust the weird man (Q) yet. He thinks maybe the nervous otter is telling the truth, most likely.

He seems new and scared, but doesn't smell like a liar, at least for now.

However he still has a lot to think on.
Guzma burst into tears and picked Fry up, before spinning around in circles.

I HAVE NO FUCKIN’ IDEA WHAT YOU JUST DID BUT I LOVE YA FOR IT ANYWAY.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I-I...I don't r-really trust him," Gen said, looking towards the man who had been eating hotdogs and spoke in a language he couldn't understand.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Okay this kind of situation went wrong in 2nd Anniversary Mafia so let's do it this way.]]

[[Bench, is Gen's power something that can help town win? Should we do anything differently because of your power? Is the message you sent useful iin any way?]]

BLESS GUZMA.
[[bruh what does that DO??]]

He seems new and scared, but doesn't smell like a liar,
[[yo let's test that out hey Gen are you a human, bro?]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I’d bet Fry’s role is Pope and those Blesses and Curses act as some protection and disadvantage against scum. Just spitballing, though]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Um...m-my power d-definitely can help town win. I d-don't know what else c-can be done t-to help, though..." He says, before his expression pales at the human question, and his breathing becomes rapid.

But his teammates weren't here, were they? They wouldn't know about it if he said he was here.

"...y-yeah. I-I'm h-human," Gen said, clutching tightly onto his reunion cape.

Top Bottom