• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] First Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
...you can just ask what other people's roles do? In DMs? Where we're supposed to keep all game talk except night/own role stuff in the thread?
No, I can ask the host what my role does. I asked if it tells people that their target changed. It doesn't.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
No, I can ask the host what my role does. I asked if it tells people that their target changed. It doesn't.

Except that question is about how your role would affect someone else's, which feels like it's on the fringe of what it's legal. Regardless, I'd say we lynch DawningWinds, because the switch protect story would get blown wide open if it turns out DW's mafia, meaning we'd have another confirmed guilty. Here are the current possibilities.

Everyone's telling the truth
If DawningWinds' info is accurate, Sike's story checks out as well. This makes them both innocent.

Dawning Winds is Lying
DawningWinds could be lying about this and had a piercer role that killed Chibi even though Sike protected them.

Both Sike and DawningWinds are Lying
Basically, this was just an elaborate story to clear both of their names.

Right now, if we assume Espy is telling the truth, which we are, lynching Dawning will give us the most info out of everyone because they're so involved in the first night's events.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Okay, so I've been trying to theory craft, but I need to know something before I say anything further: Can a mafia unit perform a kill AND their power, such as a "mafia bus driver" performing both a kill and a switch in one night?

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
It's possible that Sike and Winds are both Mafia, and they made up the switching story to clear both of their names. I'm also doubly suspicious of this because Winds immediately threw Sike under the bus to clear their name.
I wasn't trying to clear my name, I was trying to point out that if Espy is telling the truth, then Sike is lying. And if Sike is lying, then if their town, me voting them might get an answer as to why on earth they lied about it, and if they're scum, me voting them gets us one vote closer to lynching Mafia. Look, if Sike flips Mafia and you think I'm their scumbud, go ahead and lynch me. I've already outed everything I've done and everything I know, and I know that I am not a super useful player as town. Just don't waste the next day lynching qva after I flip town since my role already cleared her.

Can a mafia unit perform a kill AND their power, such as a "mafia bus driver" performing both a kill and a switch in one night?
Usually.

If Espy is telling the truth, then Sike has to be lying as they would've targeted the same person as her, and thus would've been seen. This is true regardless of if I am Mafia and directly killed Chibi or if I'm a bus driver and made Espy target qva.

You guys can read that, right?

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
I suggest this because it's not really fair to force someone to keep playing if they really don't want to/don't have time to, but this setup doesn't easily allow for sub-outs, and it also doesn't seem fair to ask the town to put a whole day into removing someone who's not even suspicious (which gives Mafia an advantage), so I feel like modkilling is kinda the best solution?
what on earth tbh

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Okay, so I've been trying to theory craft, but I need to know something before I say anything further: Can a mafia unit perform a kill AND their power, such as a "mafia bus driver" performing both a kill and a switch in one night?
probably not

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
If Espy is telling the truth, then Sike has to be lying as they would've targeted the same person as her, and thus would've been seen. This is true regardless of if I am Mafia and directly killed Chibi or if I'm a bus driver and made Espy target qva.
In other words: one of Espy and Sike literally has to be lying.

This is false, because if you switched Chibi, Sike would've been defending the one you switched them with, so Espy would've only gotten your name.
Espy would also have her action retargeted, so she'd be watching qva, who Sike would be defending.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
If you are targeting someone who got switched, your results will not tell you this. I asked.
What also strikes me as odd is why you would have asked this. You responded so quick that it's almost like you asked before Espy revealed anything, which is strange because why would that thought have occurred to you?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Well regardless, it's probably irrelevant anyway, I just realized. My bad! Anyway...

Everyone please scrutinize this, since I'm not 100% sure myself, but...

It's possible that Sike and Winds are both Mafia, and they made up the switching story to clear both of their names.

Let me try to outline why Tanuki may feel this way, but I don't think I'm coming to the same conclusions.

Known knowledge: Espurr targeted Chibi on night 1, and saw DW.

Scenario:

Both are telling the truth. - IMPOSSIBLE:
Sike targeted Chibi for protection. DW switched Chibi and Lauchs. Espurr targeted Chibi to watch... which means Espurr should have seen both DW and Sike.

Only DW is lying - MOSTLY IMPOSSIBLE:
Sike protected Chibi. Espurr targeted Chibi. Espurr should have seen both Sike and the killer, and Chibi shouldn't be gone unless it was a ninja-strongman-mafia-oneshot unit. Which sounds terrifying and I'd rather not entertain that notion. The only way this scenario is possible is if the mafia used a ninja-juggernaut-oneshot unit... on qva. I don't buy it.

Only Sike is lying - POSSIBLE, BUT WHY?
DW switches qva and Chibi. Espurr looks at Chibi, but sees qva. Since Sike was lying, then Espurr would see only DW. But why would the mafia target qva, who had such high aggro at the start? I mean, maybe my perspective is skewed here, but qva would have been great to keep around as a heat sink.

But why? Why target qva? Chibi going out on round 1 made perfect sense to me from a meta perspective. Is it to throw us off?

They're both lying - POSSIBLE, and DW did the kill, but why?
Espurr looks at Chibi. Sees DW. No switch happened. Sike claimed to try to protect Chibi in an effort to throw us off the trail. However, making such a bold claim of both doctor AND bus driver on night 1? When they could easily be counter-claimed? Doctor, we've had overlap before, so it's not too crazy. But bus driver? It seems too risky.

So, therefore...

They're both lying, but DW actually is a mafia bus driver - POSSIBLE, and answers a few questions.
Espurr looks at Chibi. DW switches Chibi and qva. Sike lied about protection. Mafia intentionally targets qva, DW performs the switch to target Chibi, guaranteeing a kill bar a lucky roleblock. Espurr, who was targeting Chibi, would actually see qva, and therefore would only see DW's switch, and not what ACTUALLY Happened to Chibi.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
What also strikes me as odd is why you would have asked this. You responded so quick that it's almost like you asked before Espy revealed anything, which is strange because why would that thought have occurred to you?
why... wouldn’t it?

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
But why would the mafia target qva, who had such high aggro at the start? I mean, maybe my perspective is skewed here, but qva would have been great to keep around as a heat sink.

But why? Why target qva? Chibi going out on round 1 made perfect sense to me from a meta perspective. Is it to throw us off?
this is honestly a good question no matter what tbh. been thinking about it all day. i was probably the last logical target

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Because I don't want the cop thinking they got a scum check on a town when I actually changed their target to be scum and wanted to be prepared to clarify in that situation?

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
It's just so specific a question that I don't see how it would've come up without any discussion on watcher roles up to that point.
“would i know if i got switched” is really not that specific in a game pre-stated to have a switcher in it tbh

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
As it stands, both lying makes the most sense to me. Since Dawning is acting the most suspicious (albeit, Sike hasn't had an opportunity to act), I vote to lynch Dawning as it would give us the most information. It would at worst clear qva's name for good and at best give us two Mafia in one fell swoop.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Only DW is lying - MOSTLY IMPOSSIBLE:
Sike protected Chibi. Espurr targeted Chibi. Espurr should have seen both Sike and the killer, and Chibi shouldn't be gone unless it was a ninja-strongman-mafia-oneshot unit. Which sounds terrifying and I'd rather not entertain that notion. The only way this scenario is possible is if the mafia used a ninja-juggernaut-oneshot unit... on qva. I don't buy it.

-- That last part is wrong, because DW would be lying and not switching in this scenario. They would have targeted Chibi right at the start, which... is more reasonable. Whoops!

Still, a ninja-strongman-oneshot-mafia unit is nuts, and why would DW make the bold claim to be a bus driver in the first place if this was the case?

Top Bottom