• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“But, in the letter I got—” Rui pulled the envelope from her jacket pocket, “it only said there may be—what was it? Prank callers? In this game. It’s not a for-sure thing. So…maybe Amy saw or heard something that proved there are prank callers? Or maybe she was just confused.”

Rui turned to the young girl for the first time. Heavens, she was even younger than she’d realized, and to be in a game like this…no, no. It was fine, because this game wasn’t even real in the first place. There was no real danger here, and Rui would keep telling herself that until she believed it through and through.

“Hi Amy! My name’s Rui, and it’s really nice to meet you! I was wondering if you heard anything or saw anything last night? Is there a reason you’re so sure there’s a prank caller here?”

[[pinging @Equitial because I’m too tired to go dig for the specific quote, lol.]]
[[ @Equitial Re-pinging this just in case you didn't see it--Yellow mentioned something about you saying there was a prank caller? I thought Gen kinda soft-claimed being able to prank call, and I didn't catch any response from you saying you claimed to know for sure there was one (might have just been reading too fast) so pls, insight, ty bby]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry does have a question for @Bluwiikoon FunnyBones though. What happens in the event of a tie?

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[ @Equitial Re-pinging this just in case you didn't see it--Yellow mentioned something about you saying there was a prank caller? I thought Gen kinda soft-claimed being able to prank call, and I didn't catch any response from you saying you claimed to know for sure there was one (might have just been reading too fast) so pls, insight, ty bby]]

Didn't see that--thank you! I read Bench as hard-claimed being able to send messages, which since Bluwii mentioned prank callers in his sign-up post, I connected the two. Right now I'm going through the whole thread, taking notes. So I can re-evaluate when I get there

@HelloYellow17 I'll prob respond in-character to Rui eventually <3

Tie Clause explanation

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Fry does have a question for @Bluwiikoon FunnyBones though. What happens in the event of a tie?
[[If there is a tie, I will extend the day length by an hour. I feel that this would be better than rand'ing it.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Didn't see that--thank you! I read Bench as hard-claimed being able to send messages, which since Bluwii mentioned prank callers in his sign-up post, I connected the two. Right now I'm going through the whole thread, taking notes. So I can re-evaluate when I get there

@HelloYellow17 I'll prob respond in-character to Rui eventually <3
[[Got it, just wanted to make sure I didn't speed-read over something else, but it's still Bench's claim. Thanks v much.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I thought about it some more, and Dawning's assumptions about what constitutes rational townplay and hostility to anyone who doesn't fit their schema for that playstyle is consistent with their previous townplay. I'm reading them as town with moderate conviction.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
“But, in the letter I got—” Rui pulled the envelope from her jacket pocket, “it only said there may be—what was it? Prank callers? In this game. It’s not a for-sure thing. So…maybe Amy saw or heard something that proved there are prank callers? Or maybe she was just confused.”

Rui turned to the young girl for the first time. Heavens, she was even younger than she’d realized, and to be in a game like this…no, no. It was fine, because this game wasn’t even real in the first place. There was no real danger here, and Rui would keep telling herself that until she believed it through and through.

“Hi Amy! My name’s Rui, and it’s really nice to meet you! I was wondering if you heard anything or saw anything last night? Is there a reason you’re so sure there’s a prank caller here?”

Outside the hotel, Amy was just entering the store with Steven and Gen, stepping into the sweet-smelling coffee house and taking in all that was for sale. But, simultaneously, she was still in the room with the people who had stayed behind. It was like time had become unmoored, allowing her to be in two places at once. But she didn't seem to notice this.

She considered thoughtfully before responding, tap-tapping a finger again. "Gen seemed to be describing something like pranks calls, when he said he could send messages. Didn't he? We don't know for sure if everything that was written will be here, but--" she pulled out her own letter, smoothed it out "--we do have a buddy system, and I think Madamesoille and her partner being attacked might mean there's a dangerous person who's third party. And--'fun' is on this list."

She shook her head at that. "I wouldn't exactly describe this experience as 'fun', but the organizer maybe thinks so. And pranks calls and secret messages, they seem like something someone who likes buddy systems would also like.

Amy was quiet again as she folded the envelope and replaced it in her pocket. She bit her lip, seeming to hesitate, and then said:

"Both you and Madamesoille were asking about messages. No one has piped up so far, but now I'm being asked directly so I guess...

"...There could be more people who can send messages, or people who have received them. But, we don't really know what's going on here. We don't know what purposes the messages are being sent for, or if the people feel okay claiming, or even if they're so important. Like, let's say I do know something. But maybe I wouldn't want to say it yet, because it could be dangerous for me." She shifted in her seat. "Honestly, I kind of feel weird about being asked this directly. I'm not saying you're trying something on purpose, just, um... I guess this is all I'm going to say on the matter for now. And if no one speaks up--well." She fidgeted awkwardly.

"But, um, maybe we ask someone who has said they know something about messages--Gen. Maybe later when he and Steven and I come back from--"

Amy paused, an odd expression on her face. But, within a moment, it seemed to be wiped away.

"When Gen's ready, maybe he'll think it will be okay to talk about."

-----

Meanwhile...

The store has many nice things! A cosy coffee shop, an impressive selection of candy, and the usual veggies, fruits, and snacky things you would find at a convenience store.

You notice a particular section - the "Gift Shop". There are various cards and letter-writing implements, as well as little bags and toys, flowers and chocolates. A sign near the counter says that sending gifts and letters to friends and family is "free of charge"... and wait, is that sans behind the counter? Wasn't he just outside? You didn't see him come inside...

Amy stepped into the sweet smell of the coffee shop, taking in all the various things for sale. For whatever reason, the coziness of this struck her. She felt warm inside. "Neat, there is a whole bunch of candy." She smiled at Gen and Steven.

But then, her eyes caught the Gift Shop. Her attention was diverted as she read the sign. "And, um, cool. Gifts. Uh..." She bounced on her toes. "You know, my family called yesterday, they're a bit worried, and I guess...maybe I'll send them something." She paused a moment. "So, what are you thinking about getting, Gen?"

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
When did he claim this?

" Gen hesitated, then continued, "I-I can send m-messages to people i-in certain circumstances."

I interpreted this up here as a hard claim.

But, when the HELL did anybody say there were two bulletproofs??? All Inke said is that they were bulletproof and protected their unnamed buddy.

Personally, when I was talking about it, I just meant people who had Bulletproof protection. Because in my mind, whether it's their explicit role or something else, it amounts to basically the same.

"I FUCKING OVERSLEPT, HOLY SHIT," he bellowed. He checked his wrist for the time...only to remember he wasn't a sissy bitch who wore watches. And he left his phone in his room. Hopefully his "buddy" didn't steal it.

Speaking of buddies, his eyes widened at the realization that French Fry had not come back to his room. Oh shit, oh fuck...what if they died????? Did anybody die?? ...He felt his own body. Yes, he very much still felt alive so he felt safe. But Fry...

She seemed nice enough, though. Not pesky. And Fry seemed fond of her, and he'd follow Fry into battle if need be. Definitely not like that pest of a mirage from yesterday. Wherever the fuck that thing was...he swore he heard her yelling in the dead of night, but he wrote it off as a dream.

Um, are you trying to imply anything more concrete in these RP bits? Feel free to ignore me, but if you're trying to hint at something...

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen's eyes widened as he saw the gift shop section. Sending letters to family...could he finally contact his family again?

He waddled over to Sans, and asked, "U-uh, can th-these letters be s-sent to family even i-if they're really far a-away?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
I interpreted this up here as a hard claim.

Personally, when I was talking about it, I just meant people who had Bulletproof protection. Because in my mind, whether it's their explicit role or something else, it amounts to basically the same.

Um, are you trying to imply anything more concrete in these RP bits? Feel free to ignore me, but if you're trying to hint at something...
[[Oh god, both of those were HARD RP bits, Guzma’s very attached to the Possum RP wise LOL, and I was more or less playing into the RP that Madem was attacked—none of that had anything to do with reads or claims, pure RP flavor.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Hearing Amy's voice, Gen looked up at the human, and said, "I-I'd, uh, like some ch-chocolate."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Frankly, I can only really attribute Jackie's behaviour/assumptions as them erring on the side of extreme caution when it comes to the buddy system. A townie deciding to collaborate with a hostile Third-party, though unlikely, is a terrifying thought. This is consistent with Jackie's play in the last game where they were more than happy to get rid of another Doctor, even if he was innocent, thanks to the presence of overdose.

I'm currently pretty null on everyone with only slight reads (except my buddy, who I have reason to trust), so I won't be posting a list just yet. However, I do want to see more insight from @IFBench @AbraPunk and @Fusion as they've been contributing nothing to the conversation outside of some RP which, while fun, is not doing anything for scumhunting.

Also, I'd like to see mechanical confirmation about the presence of prank calls outside of a claim/looking at the signup sheet before I trust any claims of being a prank caller.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Seconding the call for actual gameplay from the folks who've just been roleplaying, and the call for evidence of 'prank calling']]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
I do want to see more insight from @IFBench @AbraPunk and @Fusion as they've been contributing nothing to the conversation outside of some RP

Seconding the call for actual gameplay from the folks who've just been roleplaying

[[ hi it's only day 1, what exactly are we supposed to have gleaned from anything

(genuine question) ]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[[ because afaik, we've only had two things going on.

1. RP

2. Discussion about who was "attacked" (one of which was apparently Inkedust)

I'm a bit suspicious of the "oh yeah I just transferred my Bulletproof ability to my partner" like... is that a thing? If I go to the mafia wiki and look up Bulletproof, will that be a thing that shows up?? If it is, okay I guess... still weird and unusual, but alright. If it's not, why lie? ]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen trembled as he heard the other's voices, pressuring him to speak up about what he thought. Why could he hear them from all the way in the shop.

"U-um, I...y-yeah. I can send a m-message to other people d-during the night," Gen said, hoping his voice would reach them like theirs were reaching him. "I-I didn't s-send one last n-night, though, b-because I was too scared."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"U-um...y-yeah. Uh...I-I trust, um, Amy, Steven, uh....F-Fry, a-and...Y-Yveltal," he said, clutching onto his reunion cape.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"U-um, I...y-yeah. I can send a m-message to other people d-during the night," Gen said, hoping his voice would reach them like theirs were reaching him. "

[[ So you're... a Mailman? this? ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"U-um, I...y-yeah. I can send a m-message to other people d-during the night," Gen said, hoping his voice would reach them like theirs were reaching him. "I-I didn't s-send one last n-night, though, b-because I was too scared."
[[I'm probably gonna regret asking this, but I still need some clarification to trust this claim: are you at liberty to discuss how the prank call mechanism works? Like, if you were told something in particular about it?]]

[[ So you're... a Mailman? this? ]]
[[I mean...lol. Considering we don't know roles, sure?? But we were also blatantly told about this prank call thing, so I want to open the floor for Bench to clarify, since they're claiming to it.]]

Top Bottom