• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lance closed his eyes and went straight to Kora, hugging him tight. He tried to hold the tears in, but they were streaming non-stop. He was using all his strength on the hug, not wanting to let go.

Kora didn't return the hug, but didn't try and get away from Lance either. He tightened his eyes and bit his tongue, eventually managing to pat Lance's back.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Lillie was frozen. By the time she collected herself enough that she thought to move for the hat, she felt a force squeezing her. Keeping her trapped. Seconds later, she was covered once more.

The pressure on her let up... but she didn't move. What was she supposed to do?

In the moment, she had been panicking, but now that it was over... she wasn't even having a panic attack. She just felt... empty. Like someone had leeched all her normal feelings away.

Oh, how things would have been simpler if I was never born, indeed...

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Even more of an idiot than Entei was said:
"...Sorry, Lance."

Ayueg stomped up to Kora, looked him directly in the eyes, and shouted, "What. Were. You. THINKING?! You could have killed someone! Oh right, YOU ACTUALLY DID KILL SOMEONE!"

Ayueg looked towards the now-alive again Swoobat and Swablu, before turning back to the Zoroark.

"If I didn't had those reviver seeds with me, you and those two might have been dead for good!"

He then looked away, and turned towards the Mimikyu. That must have been very traumatizing for her, especially since apparently she used to be a human.

"It's not your fault. It's the Zoroark's," he said.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Kora didn't return the hug, but didn't try and get away from Lance either. He tightened his eyes and bit his tongue, eventually managing to pat Lance's back.
Lance raised his ears and moved a bit, trying not to hurt Kora with his... spike, even if it was deformed. He remained silent, not finding the proper words to say. He wanted to comfort everyone, but... he just couldn't do it.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Ayueg stomped up to Kora, looked him directly in the eyes, and shouted, "What. Were. You. THINKING?! You could have killed someone! Oh right, YOU ACTUALLY DID KILL SOMEONE!"

Kora turned away from Ayueg. He didn't have a counter point, because there wasn't one. He fucked up in probably the worst way possible, he killed someone. He killed someone... He killed someone. . .

"I-I'm... sorry..."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
He immediately dug into his bag, and took out every reviver seed he had. He then ran around the group, shoving the sprouts of the seeds into any fallen bodies and moving their mouths so as to make them consume the sprouts. Every time a body consumed a sprout, a golden beam of light would shine upon them, and life would surge within their body once more, bringing them back to life.

By the time a minute had passed since the Mimikyu fell, Ayueg had revived everyone in the group.

Blackness, then...

Morgan's eyes fluttered above, revealing a blurry figure above them. Clicks instantly rose from their throat, past a strange planty taste. The figure was that combustkin, who walked over to Amanda who lay still, very still...

Morgan remembered what had happened. That pokemon's true face was a dark smear in their memory, but they remembered what had happened after.

They rose unsteadily on their legs and wings. Their surroundings fell away from them as their heart raced.

They watched as if through a glass wall as the combustkin put something into Amanda's mouth and then -- Amanda lit with a beam of light. She awoke with a gasp as the combustkin moved away. She burst up, looking around frantically before her eyes locked on Morgan.

She rushed to them. "Oh, oh oh oh." She pressed her cloudly wings against them; Morgan didn't flinch away. "That was..." She looked up to Morgan's face. "That sure was something."

Numbly, Morgan nodded.

This sure showed them for trying to let go and have fun.

Was it danger if you died but came right back?? Amanda wasn't really sure but --

OH MY GOSH AMANDA HAD JUST DIED

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
The other mew shook their head. It was absolutely Kora's fault. He was recklessly irresponsible and deserved to be put in time-out. They were thinking of trapping him in a Trick Room box to slow him to a crawl.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"It's not your fault. It's the Zoroark's," he said.
Lillie repeated those words in her head like mantra. It wasn't her fault. It wasn't her fault. It was his.

Really, though, it was only true in the short term...

It was her fault she was here at all. If she hadn't lashed out and stolen Nebby, she would've been safe at home right now. If she hadn't brought this upon herself, this wouldn't have happened. Mother was caustic at times, but she really did have Lillie's best interests at heart, and she should have listened. Now look what had happened.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I-I'm... sorry..."

Lance couldn't defend him, as much as he wanted to. Killing someone was... something he was used to, but not like this!

At least... everything is fine now, I guess. Still, that wasn't... nice, he thought, whining again.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"It's not your fault. It's the Zoroark's."

OH MY GOSH AMANDA HAD JUST DIED

It was absolutely Kora's fault. He was recklessly irresponsible and deserved to be put in time-out.

Lillie repeated those words in her head like mantra. It wasn't her fault. It wasn't her fault. It was his.

Even if he couldn't hear it, Kora felt it. All of it. Echoing again and again. It never faltered. It never faded.

He wanted to comfort everyone...

"Hey, don't be too hard on the guy,"

Kora let out an exhale. His body turned entirely black, and disappeared into his own shadow. The shadow trailed over to Lee and attached to his own, causing faint wisps to rise from it.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Kora let out an exhale. His body turned entirely black, and disappeared into his own shadow. The shadow trailed over to Lee and attached to his own, causing faint wisps to rise from it.

Lance whined again, standing up. He wanted to comfort Kora, but it seemed like that wouldn't happen. He rubbed off one last tear. Maybe Kora just needed some time alone. Lance knew what that was like.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
A possible reason said:
"It's not like every world has a Mimikyu species that's literally lethal to look at. Back in my world they just look funny and have sun sensitivity."

Huh. Maybe things were just different in the Zoroark's world.

Ayueg turned back to the Zoroark. "Look-"

But before he could say anything else, the Zoroark disappeared into his own shadow.

Ayueg sighed. "Let's continue. We're nearly there.",

Ayueg continued walking, and soon, the group would reach Overcast Village.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette stood by, eyes wide, taking in her surroundings. So much had happen in a span of a few minutes. Her dreamscape expanded. Apparently the world she was in was a talking Pokemon, and it seemed just as big as the regular world--at least, going off of what Ayueg said. She discovered what a demihuman was, of all things. Humans having babies with their Pokemon, or at least trying to was a...taboo in her world, to put it very lightly. Never did she think something like that would ever come to fruition, but lo and behold...a Sneasel/Human fell from the sky. She ultimately decided that if two Mew could conjure up, a half human half Pokemon could hang as well.

What the actual hell was in my water, she had asked herself.

But now, now...things had taken a turn, and they took a turn for the worst. As a Mimikyu owner herself, she knew damn well looking under their protective hats or coverings was a one way ticket to an early grave. Never would she have guessed that anybody, even a talking Pokemon, would do something to disturb a Mimikyu's covering. But, she watched with full fledged horror as the Zoroack ended up wearing it like a hat. She instinctively turned her head away, knowing deep down that wasn't going to end well. Sure enough, she looked back just in time to catch sight of a couple of corpses. Ayueg rushed around to revive them, while some of the other Pokemon helped tend to them. But, all she could do was stand there and watch.

Dream or not, it was not the first time she'd witnessed a dead body. However, she had a list of things she would have much rather have had happen in her dream. Watching a few talking Pokemon meet their ends, so violently and so unnecessarily, was not on that list.

"Alright, I've seen enough."

She raised her hand and smacked herself across the face. Hard. Harder than she was planning to, truthfully. But, that was how people woke themselves up from these things in shows, right?

"C'mon. Time to get up," she said through a wince. She began to smack herself on both her cheeks repeatedly. "Wake up you stupid steakhead. C'mon now. You can't be out cold on the sidewalk like this."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"You can pinch yourself as much as you want. You're not dreaming," Nero said.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance followed Ayueg's directions in silence, back to his usual stoic self. He didn't say anything anymore about what happened, and just moved forward.

Meggie was doing the exact same thing.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"You can pinch yourself as much as you want. You're not dreaming," Nero said.
Despite herself, Odette started laughing. "Yeah, did Mr. Sandman tell you to tell me that?" she asked. "No shot I got swept up into a talking Pokemon world and woke up as an Indeedee." She abruptly stopped laughing and gestured wildly to herself. "I'm a human. I'm a Kalosian Born Human. I have thick black curly hair and an actual nose," she insisted. She pointed to the spot on her face where her nose normally would have been--all there was now was a little bump.

She took a second to compose herself. Deep breath in, deep breath out. She wouldn't let herself fly off the handle. Not here.

"Je dors. Pas question que je ne dors pas," she muttered as she stretched her hands above her head. She began to pace, as more incoherent Kalosian words fell out of her in rapid succession. Talking herself down from hysteria.

Keep it together, keep it together, keep it together...

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Oh dear." Nero shook his head. They really were beside themselves. No one would get anywhere with them worked up like this. Grass-typing took over. Nero opened his beak and exhaled Aromatherapy vapors. Mew funneled them around in an attempt to sooth the nervous wrecks.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee took a deep breath of pink-salt-lamp-tier healing, breaking him from his tease-induced trance. "...Where were we again?" he brushed his bangs out of his eye, only for it to return to exactly where it was. Back in tune to the things around him, he fought back a smile from the snippy Mimikyu's remark and the Indeedee's denial. "Aw, yes, we were falling apart. Thank god we aren't working together, I've already had my share of dealing with dysfunctional teenagers."

Lee's shadow bubbled in response. Probably upset. Nero's Aromatherapy wouldn't have an effect on the fox hiding within it.

Top Bottom