• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee listened to the things the others were saying, but he really didn't have much to comment on. Other than Palkia being... Palkia. He couldn't really be upset about it being the way it is, if things played different here he'd be fucking around much like it was.

Although...

"Darkwhite, since you know the gift that Noci has, doesn't that confirm that Noci's nice?" Lee pointed out. "Assuming a baddie couldn't get or receive a protective role."

"We know Nilam didn't kill Squirt as well as no one with fur, and we know none of the legends killed Mewtwo. Gifts were swapped, and possibly whatever alliance the recipient had along with it," Lee hummed. "But if they didn't, that means... Noci could have killed Squirt, then the gifts were swapped, and to feign innocence, they saved Abigail. Sure, it sacrificed Mia, but Noci then mostly gained some of our trust."

Lee raised his head with his eyes shut. "When were the gifts swapped? Was it when Darkwhite asked if someone did something to her?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"We already know what Noci's gift does. I still think it'd be just as useful to either side. Funny how that works." Palkia had returned from... somewhere.

"But that's besides the point. I believe I know what Nilam's gift does. I won't spoil the surprise," it added with a wink. "But I can say that it would be far, far more useful for a Nice player than a Naughty one. Make of that what you will~"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Lee raised his head with his eyes shut. "When were the gifts swapped? Was it when Darkwhite asked if someone did something to her?"

"No, that was the hen," Darkwhite said. "Was wondering if someone gave those to me. I was talking about, like, way early on, when this first started. I had a gift at first, and then later I received my night-eating power. Also, did you get back to us on that question you had to ask the dead?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"But that's besides the point. I believe I know what Nilam's gift does. I won't spoil the surprise," it added with a wink. "But I can say that it would be far, far more useful for a Nice player than a Naughty one.

"What makes you so sure?" Darkwhite asked. "Apparently it has a bunch of different powers, each one unknown to Nilam..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee growled, holding his head. "But the amount of silence from Nilam is also something to note, they've hardly said anything, even after Noci called them out on it..."

Thinking was getting difficult, he could tell he was working against the clock, and he couldn't even vote himself to push for a result. Lee scratched his head irritably, growling more.

"Mmmmnnn... there's too many possibilities..." Lee huffed.

"No, that was the hen," Darkwhite said. "Was wondering if someone gave those to me. I was talking about, like, way early on, when this first started. I had a gift at first, and then later I received my night-eating power. Also, did you get back to us on that question you had to ask the dead?"

"I asked Squirt if Nilam killed him, and he said no," Lee said, shaking his body. "And, that's right, yeah. We were given the gifts. Fuck how did that slip my mind..." he groaned. "Then Noci's fine, but that doesn't explain who killed Squirt! And again, they could have used that protective power just to make themselves look good."

He fell on his back and sighed, staring at the ceiling. "I need a minute..."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia sighed dramatically. "If you all insist. Don't blame me if it backfires~" The dragon paused until everyone was looking at it, then went on: "Omamori are protective amulets. I believe our dear Nilam has a protection ability."

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Palkia sighed dramatically. "If you all insist. Don't blame me if it backfires~" The dragon paused until everyone was looking at it, then went on: "Omamori are protective amulets. I believe our dear Nilam has a protection ability."
"Right and, uh, how do you propose this supposed protection power works? Do you suppose it's the effects of one or more of my abilities? If so, any idea with one or ones? Because I'd appreciate that advice, with my little knowledge about my ability and the fact that I've already shared it. Or do you think I'm lying to keep myself from being targeted, which would likely be a rather poor choice at this point, with me as suspected as I am?" As Nilam spoke, the artificial keys continued clacking, seeming as if they were working on, something.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his

ProphetSteve JobsIshmaelOdysseusRomulus
SuspectNilamNocitalinPalkiaSanta
VotersNocitlalin, TabithaAbigail, Jesse, Darkwhite, Nilam,Palkia

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Something isn't right," Darkwhite said, frowning. "I think, somewhere along the way, we might have been misled... Everything that Lee has been looking at has been over who might have done the first kill. And we don't even know for sure if Squirt is actually dead this time, too! How come Lee never asks Mewtwo, huh?" Darkwhite hummed. "We need more precise evidence... And even then, all Lee is doing is clearing who did the kills, not who did the accomplices... What if it really was Mia all along who did the kills, and now it's passed onto someone else? Then everything Lee was looking around for might be useless now..."

She looked at Nocitlalin.

"I just don't think... I don't know if..."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Right and, uh, how do you propose this supposed protection power works? Do you suppose it's the effects of one or more of my abilities? If so, any idea with one or ones?
"Ah, hm... perhaps I may have been too hasty," Palkia mused "Omamori are for protection, but the names of the abilities... all having to do with the phases of the moon. Manipulation of day and night. The Solar Eclipse... I can't help wondering if that's what cut yesterday short."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...Say..." Darkwhite looked around. "I have a question. How come this thingamajig is forcing us to only vote for four people? That seems kinda weird, don't you think?" She inspected the machine. "Almost like a trap to entice us. What if all three of these people are innocent, and Santa is just letting us skip the vote because it'd force us to get an innocent person out?!"

It was hard to tell if Darkwhite had been paying attention to how the voting arrangements had suddenly narrowed themselves down the way it did.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Almost like a trap to entice us. What if all three of these people are innocent, and Santa is just letting us skip the vote because it'd force us to get an innocent person out?!"
"Hmmmm..... perhaps. But we did select the four, no? Or rather, the four prophets did. It's not as though the four were plucked from the void."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"...Say..." Darkwhite looked around. "I have a question. How come this thingamajig is forcing us to only vote for four people? That seems kinda weird, don't you think?" She inspected the machine. "Almost like a trap to entice us. What if all three of these people are innocent, and Santa is just letting us skip the vote because it'd force us to get an innocent person out?!"

It was hard to tell if Darkwhite had been paying attention to how the voting arrangements had suddenly narrowed themselves down the way it did.
"Wait, you've all been voting people off? How? This is standard Committee procedure. What happened before we contacted you?"

Top Bottom