• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Zinnia's Multiverse Madness! (Roleplay, March 4-13)

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
It looked like it was Vix's turn to be amazed, both that Jean was made and that Dave made her. "Dave? Really? I don't think he told me anything about that. What about the rest of your siblings? Are they all half-Ninetales too? Or are you the only one?" she asked, then turned a lighter shade of purple as she doubled back. "I-I mean, if you're alright answering, I don't wanna just pry, you know?"
Jean beamed at Vix's amazement. It was good talking to Pokémon. They didn't think she was as weird as everyone else.

"We're all mixed with different Pokémon! Dad said that gave more interesting scientific results." She paused. "We're not all siblings, though. The other scientists at Dad's lab adopted the other ones. We're still friends, though!"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Oh, so now this guy was gonna be a critic? Red hid his anger with a smirk. "Oh, you need equipment to work out?"
Dorien laughed and held up his hand. “Goodness, no. I know how to do without.” He then held his arms out to his sides. “Buuuut when you have the money to buy the machines, you might as well. They’re far more fun.”

Taking a deep breath, Kora approached Dorian with a serious look on his face. There were more humans around, and Kora didn't want to chance startling them, so he decided to be polite. "Hey, sorry to interrupt you guys, but that one kinda upset my friend," he greeted, pointing a claw at Dorien before focusing solely on him. "Soooo, I think it would be nice for you to apologize."
Dorien thought he was going to snap. Somebody else was approaching his—oh no. This…thing wanted to talk to him. Odd. It wasn’t until he noticed that that Oshawott was there too that he began to understand what might have been going on. An apology? For what?

“What, your friend couldn’t have asked me for an apology himself?” he asked in a scoff. “What exactly am I apologizing for? Using an incorrect pronoun when I’ve never met him before in my life? Oh, perhaps I was out of line in pointing out that stammer, in which case, I am ever so sorry. Really.” There was a scathing edge in his tone.

“I am also sorry you don’t have the backbone to heckle me for an apology yourself and need others to do it. That’s the real travesty here.”

You guys have uh, made a bit of an entrance," Robin said, before bowing once more. "Robin, nice to meet you. I wanted to ask if you'd be up for some of the carnival games with us," she said pointing a thumb at Wallace and Winona.
Odette was listening to the exchange with a tight knot in her brow. She all in all just looked quite tense. Part of her wanted to tell him to shut the fuck up, but she also wanted to see what would happen if he pissed enough people off.

Not that it mattered, because the only person here who had the right to hurt him was her and her alone. She opened her mouth to say something but was interupted by Robin.

“We made…an entrance?” she asked. Gods, she’d hoped nobody had seen her come in. But now they had a crowd. It was tiring already.

“I…guess I appreciate the offer, but…I’m a little busy at the moment,” she said, shooting a look at Dorien.

Seeing Dorien distracted, she leaned in and whispered to Odette, "So are you two related, or...? 'Cause not gonna lie, he seems kind of..." She made a 'so-so' motion in mild dissatisfaction.
She wasn’t expecting Robin to get close to her, but what came out of her mouth almost caused her to laugh outright. But, no. She needed to hold herself together.

“No, we’re not related. Just hopelessly in love,” she responded fondly. Her sickly sweet tone did not match the nasty expression she wore as the words left her mouth.

Her gun was burning a fucking hole in the holster at this point.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
It was him. Weird to shake off the mental image he'd had, but something about it just made sense, the exact same energy as the Manectric he'd met in Cibus. He couldn't help but picture a wagging tail as Koa ran in a beeline towards him. "I'm -- whoa. Hey, kid. What's been going on?"
[[The joys of cross conversation, lol]]

It really was Dave. He looked different, but the voice was the same, mostly. "I'm... good." Man, how long had it been? Months? Days? He swallowed. "You know, I'm back home, training and stuff." He suddenly found himself nostalgic for his days on Cibus, fighting gods and using crazy powers.

"What about you? Did you get to go back home I guess?"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Wes had accepted that offer. Anything to get away from that hellhole.

Now, as he stared at a bizarre environment filled with different kinds of Pokémon and humans alike, he was having second thoughts.

He folded his arms and glared at everyone present, but hung back. Filthy fucking humans.

He had one of his pokeballs in his pocket, just in case any of these fuckers tried anything.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Well, it’s wonderful to meet you. And, well, I’ve only met Odette once. You’re very lucky to have such a kind woman as your girlfriend.”
Dorien felt his heart melt. Well, at least one of these Chads were talking some fucking sense. He instinctively wrapped one of his arms around Odette’s shoulders and yanked her close. The violent expression she was wearing fled clean off her face, only to be replaced by a loving grin. She had to tone it back so it didn’t look too forced.

“She is just downright lovely, isn’t she?” he boasted. “My little Doll, pechiest of them all.”

Yet you want to shove that needle of yours into her neck, which you should do NOW.

Dorien planted a sweet kiss on Odette’s head for good measure, just to shut the damn thing up.

Odette giggled and lightly smacked him on the shoulder. She wished she could have done it harder, but now wasn’t the time, even though she could feel the sight of the kiss metaphorically burning into her skin. “Doryyyy, not in front of all these people,” she whined shrilly. “You hopeless romantic.”

Two bullets. Two bullets right between your fucking eyes, she thought bitterly.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
“What, your friend couldn’t have asked me for an apology himself?” he asked in a scoff. “What exactly am I apologizing for? Using an incorrect pronoun when I’ve never met him before in my life? Oh, perhaps I was out of line in pointing out that stammer, in which case, I am ever so sorry. Really.” There was a scathing edge in his tone.

“I am also sorry you don’t have the backbone to heckle me for an apology yourself and need others to do it. That’s the real travesty here.”
Gen whimpered, tears welling up in his eyes as he clutched tighter onto Kora. Trembling, he said, "S-sorry..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"We're all mixed with different Pokémon! Dad said that gave more interesting scientific results." She paused. "We're not all siblings, though. The other scientists at Dad's lab adopted the other ones. We're still friends, though!"

For whatever reason, Vix was expecting Jean to have been born. Well she still could've been, but prying any deeper on that felt rude. "That's pretty amazing, actually. The both of us being adopted is one thing in common between us, then, too. My dad isn't a scientist though, he's just a big, friendly baker." Vix looked over to Dave, that shade of purple on glass-dome cheeks turning a bit brighter.

So is he single or..?

Not asking that. Definitely not. Absolutely not. For the love of god, Vix made sure to keep that thought in her head, locked in chains with a broken key.

"Dave seems like a pretty cool dad, honestly. Even if he was a bit gruff at times. He and I actually started on the wrong foot, and I kinda... haven't apologized yet, now that I think about it," Vix tittered, crossing her arms. "I should probably do that soon..."

"There's a difference between using an incorrect pronoun and treating someone like they're beneath you," Kora spoke, his politeness already deteriorating into a pissed glare. "I didn't know humans were so insecure they resort to bullying people younger than them just because they don't want to fight back. As it turns out, not everyone is a pompous twat like you are."

In spite of his distaste of this human, Kora stayed calm enough to comfort Gen with a gentle squeeze when he felt the otter hold onto him tighter. "You don't need to apologize, Gen."

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
Dorien laughed and held up his hand. “Goodness, no. I know how to do without.” He then held his arms out to his sides. “Buuuut when you have the money to buy the machines, you might as well. They’re far more fun.”
Red simply nodded politely. A rich kid, huh. Something told him Odette had a type.

Odette giggled and lightly smacked him on the shoulder. She wished she could have done it harder, but now wasn’t the time, even though she could feel the sight of the kiss metaphorically burning into her skin. “Doryyyy, not in front of all these people,” she whined shrilly. “You hopeless romantic.”
"Oh gods, get a room," Red muttered.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Neither the Odette's dissonant expression nor were Dorien's cruel words lost on her. She back and forth between the couple, as well as Kora and Gen. She crossed her forearms and gripped onto her trembling upper arms to steady them.

She took a deep breath, and decided to try to defuse the situation as best she could, "Hey! So, uh, maybe Odette, Winona and I could..." she twirled her finger and pointed to a booth at random, "Play that game over there for a bit while you guys catch up. Girl talk, y'know?" She had failed to realize was that she was pointing at an empty concessions stand.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
There's a difference between using an incorrect pronoun and treating someone like they're beneath you," Kora spoke, his politeness already deteriorating into a pissed glare. "I didn't know humans were so insecure they resort to bullying people younger than them just because they don't want to fight back. As it turns out, not everyone is a pompous twat like you are."
Dorien made a ‘shut up’ motion to Kora as he spoke.

“See, if all of that were coming from,” he pointed at Gen, “him, that would all mean something. But because you’re speaking as the middle man, you might as well be spewing static.”

He waved a dismissive hand. “You can be on your way now. I said my piece.”

Oh gods, get a room," Red muttered.
He grinned wryly toward Red. “Well, you walked over here yourself, did you not?”

She took a deep breath, and decided to try to defuse the situation as best she could, "Hey! So, uh, maybe Odette, Winona and I could..." she twirled her finger and pointed to a booth at random, "Play that game over there for a bit while you guys catch up. Girl talk, y'know?" She had failed to realize was that she was pointing at an empty concessions stand.
Odette sighed. She somewhat appreciated Robins attempt at diffusing, but part of her thought it might be futile. Nonetheless, she shrugged.

“I’m not much of a fucking talker, but I’m on sensory overload.”

She shrugged Dorien’s arm off of her shoulders, and sent a glare over toward Red before walking over to the booths, tucking her hands behind her head in a relieving stretch as she went.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen's trembling got worse, and he clung tighter onto Kora.

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
He grinned wryly toward Red. “Well, you walked over here yourself, did you not?”
She shrugged Dorien’s arm off of her shoulders, and sent a glare over toward Red before walking over to the booths, tucking her hands behind her head in a relieving stretch as she went.
"Damn, I guess you killed the mood," Red remarked, smirking himself.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark

“See, if all of that were coming from,” he pointed at Gen, “him, that would all mean something. But because you’re speaking as the middle man, you might as well be spewing static.”

Gen's trembling got worse, and he clung tighter onto Kora.

Kora twitched, then took a deep breath and patted Gen on the head. He can't go losing his temper already, the games haven't even started yet. He put on a smile, and gave Dorien a friendly pat on the shoulder. "You are incredibly lucky I care more about keeping Gen safe than I do putting you in your place. That'll just have to wait though, I don't gotta rush the fun just yet."

He looked down in his arms at Gen, his smile unchanging. "You don't want me to do anything more, right? If you want to get away from this guy, I don't blame you. He's makin' the air taste like dirt."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"...I d-don't want to be n-near him anymore..." Gen said.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[The joys of cross conversation, lol]]

It really was Dave. He looked different, but the voice was the same, mostly. "I'm... good." Man, how long had it been? Months? Days? He swallowed. "You know, I'm back home, training and stuff." He suddenly found himself nostalgic for his days on Cibus, fighting gods and using crazy powers.

"What about you? Did you get to go back home I guess?"
Dave'd half-expected Koa to be about to run up and try to hug him, but no, he stopped a polite distance away. "Yeah, I made it home. Forgot about the whole thing until we got the invitation to this madness, obviously. Guessing the same happened to you." He gestured in Jean's direction. "That's my daughter, Jean." How much had he told Koa about her again...? He watched him carefully for a reaction.

Dave noticed the interaction out of the corner of his eye. Was this fucking dickweed seriously acting like this tiny trembling child in Kora's arms was supposed to personally talk back to a man literally fucking five times his size or it, what, 'didn't count'? What the hell.

For whatever reason, Vix was expecting Jean to have been born. Well she still could've been, but prying any deeper on that felt rude. "That's pretty amazing, actually. The both of us being adopted is one thing in common between us, then, too. My dad isn't a scientist though, he's just a big, friendly baker." Vix looked over to Dave, that shade of purple on glass-dome cheeks turning a bit brighter.

So is he single or..?

Not asking that. Definitely not. Absolutely not. For the love of god, Vix made sure to keep that thought in her head, locked in chains with a broken key.

"Dave seems like a pretty cool dad, honestly. Even if he was a bit gruff at times. He and I actually started on the wrong foot, and I kinda... haven't apologized yet, now that I think about it," Vix tittered, crossing her arms. "I should probably do that soon..."
She grinned back at Vix. "My dad's great! If you apologize I'm sure he'll understand." She wasn't quite sure. Her dad could be pretty mean sometimes. But Vix was his superhero leader, right? He wouldn't be mean to her.

Wes had accepted that offer. Anything to get away from that hellhole.

Now, as he stared at a bizarre environment filled with different kinds of Pokémon and humans alike, he was having second thoughts.

He folded his arms and glared at everyone present, but hung back. Filthy fucking humans.

He had one of his pokeballs in his pocket, just in case any of these fuckers tried anything.
Jean glanced around, her gaze stopping on someone new. A young man in a tattered black longcoat, with black goggles and a scarf over his face. She gasped. Someone cool and mysterious and brooding! Would he come over?

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"...I d-don't want to be n-near him anymore..." Gen said.

Kora nodded, not saying another word to Dorien or even really acknowledging Red before spinning around and walking over to Vix and Jean. At the very least, those two didn't seem like total pricks.

She grinned back at Vix. "My dad's great! If you apologize I'm sure he'll understand." She wasn't quite sure. Her dad could be pretty mean sometimes. But Vix was his superhero leader, right? He wouldn't be mean to her.

Vix hummed to herself, still eyeing Dave, but politely. "I guess, if you say so. He definitely doesn't look like the grudge-holding type..." Well, Jean at least sounded sure, but whether or not Dave would understand wasn't the total issue here. It was the awkwardness that would have came after. Apologies never, like, ended in a satisfying way it was always just weird. Vix really didn't wanna deal with that. "Maybe I'll apologize... later. Soon, though, but later."

Kora sitting himself and Gen nearby almost went unnoticed until Vix accidentally bumped into him while casually glancing over to Dave for the third time. He didn't seem to care, and at some point, found a pineapple to gnaw on. Vix decided not to question this.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Odette sighed. She somewhat appreciated Robins attempt at diffusing, but part of her thought it might be futile. Nonetheless, she shrugged.

“I’m not much of a fucking talker, but I’m on sensory overload.”

“Sounds good to me!” Winona walked over to Robin.

Wallace gazed at his wife as she walked off with Robin. “Ah… You remind me of me and Winona.” He thought for a second. “Kind of. I wasn’t half as suave or emotionally stable as you two.”

Robin took a bow towards Dorien and Wallace, as she said, "Excuse us," and followed Odette. She elbowed Winona along the way and gestured her to follow.

As soon as they were out of sight, Robin let out a sigh before going behind the booth. She observed its surroundings - just a basic tent, but at least it was opaque - before taking off her mask. "Barring Ghost-Types, we shouldn't get spied on here." Her gaze went to the groups of people, Pokémon and... Pokémon-like kid in the distance approaching the loudly dressed man in black. "Hopefully."

She shook her head before looking at Odette nearly eye-to-eye (though she did have look down a tad) as she asked, "Are you okay? He hasn't done anything to you, has he? How long has this been going on?"

She then looked at Winona, "Sorry for dragging you into this, but it just made things a bit more convincing. We can play an actual game with your husband in a bit, just..." She rubbed the back of her head, "Figured you'd have more experience with relationship stuff than me. I tell stories to the Pokai - er Pokémon - not give dating advice. Well, assuming it's actual dating I mean and not just a night that went a bit too long." She covered her mouth before mumbling, "N-no offense if it is. Just didn't want to assume. But also I, uh..." She coughed, trying to avoid stumbling on her words again. "Anyways, how you holding up?"

Last edited:

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Jean glanced around, her gaze stopping on someone new. A young man in a tattered black longcoat, with black goggles and a scarf over his face. She gasped. Someone cool and mysterious and brooding! Would he come over?

Wes felt someone staring at him. He tensed and rapidly scanned everyone to see who it was.

It was a--

What.

The person staring at him was some kind of human-Pokémon hybrid. A Ninetales, to be exact.

He stared for a few seconds, unsure of what to make of this situation.

The hybrid seemed expectant, probably wanting to know about him.

He sighed, then marched over to her.

At least she's not fully human.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Damn, I guess you killed the mood," Red remarked, smirking himself.
“Mm, expert dodge, Red. Really wish I could come up with comebacks as quick as you. Truly.”

You are incredibly lucky I care more about keeping Gen safe than I do putting you in your place. That'll just have to wait though, I don't gotta rush the fun just yet."
He couldn’t help but laugh. He didn’t appear bothered that he was touched, but he opted to point a playful finger at Kora.

“You? Put me in my place?” he chuckled. “Alright. If you say so.”

He flexed his right arm, feeling the tug of the hypodermic apparatus strapped to his arm underneath the sleeve of his jacket. He instinctively wanted to inspect it, but nobody here needed to know he had a vial of neurotoxin strapped to his fucking arm. He really fucking wished he’d filled it with more for this trip, but he hadn’t expected to want to let so many people have it. This was going to be a long day indeed.

Wallace gazed at his wife as she walked off with Robin. “Ah… You remind me of me and Winona.” He thought for a second. “Kind of. I wasn’t half as suave or emotionally stable as you two.”
Although, he did like this Wallace guy. Trying to keep things seeming normal. Dorien would give him a pass.

“Yes, yes,” Dorien said, a little more stiffly than he intended to, as he calmly folded his arms behind his back. “Fortunately suaveness and emotional stability are things you can learn. Keep at it!”

She shook her head before looking at Odette nearly eye-to-eye (though she did have look down a tad) as she asked, "Are you okay? He hasn't done anything to you, has he? How long has this been going on?"
Meanwhile, Odette stared at Robin, long and hard. What was she getting at.

“Uh…yes? Why wouldn’t I be okay?” she asked. It was the next question that caused gears to click, and she leaned away from Robin instinctively.

“He hasn’t…?” she started repeating. Next thing she knew, she was laughing. Hard. She had to cover her mouth to keep her voice from carrying.

“Oh…oh, do you think…? Do you think he abuses me?” she asked in a whisper. She started laughing again, just at the absurdity of the implication. But, she supposed there was no real reason to keep up the act if this poor girl was so willing to separate them to try and play hero.

Abruptly, she stopped laughing, and continued in forward. “I’ve known him since high school, but I’ve only been with him about a year. He hasn’t attempted to do anything I haven’t been able to foresee and combat. He’s smart, but I’m smarter. And ironically I have better people skills, imagine that,” she said coldly, moving her hand to her waistband to finger the gun she’d hidden on herself.

“You don’t need to worry about it. Trust that the tiny girl can handle herself.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
He sighed, then marched over to her.

Vix waved to the interestingly dressed human as he walked over. She gave him a look over, intrigued by his get up. "Hey there, name's Vix," she greeted. "What's with the outfit? I don't think anyone was told we were going to a fair, but you look more out of place here than anyone."

"Howdy," Kora nodded to the new guy. "I'm Kora, this lil guy is Gen--" he gestured to the Oshawott in his arms, "--, and I call first dibs on the ferris wheel."

"Why?" Vix asked the Zoroark.

"'Cuz it looks cool," Kora simply replied.

Top Bottom