• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Your most crack/out there story idea...

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
and how did you make it work? For a scene, story, or tangential character monologue?

Feel free to share your example or anyone else's.

zoru22

Junior Trainer
This wasn't pokemon, but a few years ago, I was feeling really angsty and annoyed at the world and whatnot. So I did the natural thing and wrote a fic about Taylor (The main character from Worm) getting "powers" from the MTG eldritch goddess Em'rakul.

The story ends with Taylor consuming Worm's entire universe, and like... twenty? Total? Survivors? But the story was written off pure octane.

Reactions: K_S

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
"What if I combined my favorite video game with a silly '90s anime?" I never did finish Edgar 1/2, a combination of Final Fantasy 6 and Ranma 1/2, but it wasn't bad.

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile
I used to write myself and my friends into silly stories and dump them on Facebook when Notes was a thing. I've written so many! One such example is What? I'm a Pokemon?! (which I've brought back and re-written). The general premise was that everyone had been pulled into this unnamed PMD universe and had no idea who they originally were except the two main characters. This also included characters from other franchises - Death Note, Slayers... the ones I can remember anyway (they were my two big obsessions at the time.)

I have a soft-spot for this story, so I've revived it a couple of times to share with others. The most recent re-write has removed this cross-over idea somewhat, although I still deliberately drop cameo hints to some of the background characters. For example Rollo is a new addition who is deliberately based off Anai from Aggretsuko, and Pika the guild master was always meant to be Liszt from Ookami San and her Seven Companions (with a bit of PMD's Wigglytuff thrown in for good measure). I managed to find the entire original story (unfinished 'cos I never completed it) in my Facebook notes and I will be harvesting some of the ideas from it to recycle. I'd forgotten so much! The new idea is a little less crack-fic and more comedy with drama. I will try to maintain some crack-fic elements though because the original was a crazy random mess. This is more apparent in the first two chapters of the re-write since they're the most loyal to the original idea.

I also found another Pokemon 'fic I wrote for my friends called Pokemon Cracked Version, but it is utter cringe and will remain forever hidden in my long-lost Facebook notes :mewlulz:

Afterthought after proofing - Man I love using brackets huh...

Last edited:
Reactions: K_S
Top Bottom