• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Tree of Life ~ Exterior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Not at all," the Skarmory replied.

After a moment, Seyka tilted his head in thought. "Weeelll, I am a big fan. I suppose you could say I consider myself like an intern for them. Ehehe."

"You're part of the team though! You're a shade. That's so nice, you know? Mm, I wonder if they'll make statues for the shades too..."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"Oh, so you help them with things? That's very nice of you!"

Raven hmm'd at his next comment. "Maybe, but I think us Shades will be staying behind, when most of the team gets sent back home. ...It would be strange to see statues of myself everywhere..."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Staying behind, huh?"

Seyka nodded. "I suppose so. But you were all part of Joule once right? Even if he didn't take you back, would he just leave a piece of himself here while he goes on to save other worlds or whatever? Personally, I would retire after this one, too much trouble." The Skarmory grinned. "Though, I wouldn't have bothered in the first place. Saving a world is divine so to speak- saving many is meaningless."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Seyka paused for a moment, looking sheepish. "Oops, that sounds cruel. What I mean to say is that if you're traveling through some space, saving any random world you come across; then if you're assuming a reasonably infinite void, then it's fair to say that there are five worlds you don't save every time you save one."

"Even then," the Skarmory continued, "What do you get for saving world after world? Unequivocal adoration must get tiring after awhile, and somehow I doubt anyone is really fueled by a bottomless well of goodwill."

Seyka shook his head. "But if there are so many worlds, then there's gotta be someone somewhere who can prove me wrong. But that sounds like just as much of a hassle. So if it were up to me, I'd travel to different worlds to try their food. Whether a planet lives or dies makes no difference to me."

The Skarmory paused. "Ah, I guess what I meant to say was cruel after all. But if I get a good meal out of it, then I can live with that."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven listened and nodded along with him, then to his last point replied;

"Of course, but one could visit other worlds to try their food, and if they need saving, save them as well. If they don't, that is even better. You would get food either way."

She glanced back down again, and still seeing no sign of Bahamut, opted for a different approach.

"I think I'm going to land and look for my friend on the ground. You are most welcome to join me! I would appreciate the company."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Fair enough, I just don't see why anyone has to oblige themselves in the first place." Seyka shrugged with his wings. "Doomed worlds or paradise, it's tourism all the same."

"I'll look with you for your friend though. Just tell me how you rate them as a friend from one to ten and I'll extrapolate the rest from there."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
There was a reason Bahamut was hard to find. He had dimmed himself the moment that obnoxious shade showed up.

“You have no way of proving your ridiculous theories true,” he growled.

“Perhaps not. After all, Eternatus is the only absolute no matter the universe.” The shade raspingly chuckled. “But you have a body with no soul and a soul with no body. One who is drawn to power like heracross to honey. Is it not plausible? Whether I’m write or wrong matters not. You have allies who will take up the soul’s offer regardless.”

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"-of course, numbers are simply numbers, and-", she stopped short, realizing that Bahamut was nearly right in front of her. What she did not expect was for the Shade that had re-manifested into what he was now, talking to Bahamut about something... She wasn't sure.

Her feathers ruffled and she approached, regardless of how uncomfortable she was.

"...I brought you something from Sahra Town.", was all she managed to say.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Huh?” Bahamut’s head swiveled around. “Just put whatever it is down somewhere.” He gestured vaguely with a wing, then swiveled his head back. “Do you have any alternate theories?”

The shade’s eyes flickered. “Don’t be rude to your guest. She looks as though she’s gazed upon Death. Which suitably describes your usual disposition.”

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Seyka watched the Charizard greet Bahamut and his sidekick.

"Seven," he said quietly to himself.

He stood slightly behind Raven and nodded. "From Sahra town," he echoed helpfully.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“The team was accosted by a bodyless soul when fleeing the Worldcore,” the shade rasped. “It wants them to get it more power. Which makes it a new development. A new hurdle for Cibus to strengthen its resolve.”

Bahamut frowned. “This fool thinks it’s the soul of the mewtwo under Giovanni’s control. I’m unconvinced.”

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow mentioned it. The strange ghost. She hadn't wanted to talk about it, something about it had unnerved her completely.

"...The... Mewtwo that's been dormant...? It wasn't one of those. ... Apparently, it used a very specific energy move. Not one that a Mewtwo is capable of, if her research was correct..."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Ghost, no ghost- it doesn't matter what it is if what it wants makes no difference," Seyka mused. "If team Spectrum gets stronger, and the ghost is evil, then they'll beat it, and it will be embarrassing because it asked for it. And if they stay the same, then the ghost will be embarrassed for being stood up like that. Those kind of emotional wounds run deep you know," the Skarmory continued, "Even if they won, it would be meaningless. At least for me. I'm not a ghost though."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Specific energy?" Bahamut didn't bother making eye contact. "Bah, that's hardly helpful. Every foe we've fought have managed bizarre techniques that don't seem to line up with what they should be capable of."

"Isn't it so interesting?" The shade practically disappeared and popped up right next to Raven, silver eyes glistening with an ethereal tone. "The enemies drive Team Spectrum to bolster their own power which, in turn, leads the blacklight to warp and twist those it ensnares in its grasp. It is a true back-and-forth. A powerful tug-of-war to point toward the future of this planet. For each struggle offers the chance for Team Spectrum to grow. To deepen bonds."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"No, it's not. Please don't stand so close to me.", Raven responded tersely. "What would be better would be if we put an end to this whole thing quickly so that nobody else had to suffer. I think beating up the ghost and winning would wonderful too, and it would be even greater if it underestimated us."

She said nothing else to the other Shade, instead she pulled out a few large crystals from her bag and set them down next to Bahamut. "These reflect light very well. They might be to your liking."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Struggle builds character. Simplicity makes things boring,” the shade wheezed. “Monotony breeds indifference. Those who are indifferent will never find their hope.”

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Seyka watched the back and forth wondering who to cheer for. The Skarmory's expression was blank.

"Struggle is... interesting, but simplicity means more time to relax. Mmmm, I think I'd be fine with either, it's too much trouble to want either one."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom