• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Fourth Anniversary Vanilla Mafia

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Just know that killing me leaves you with two killers still so.... Have fun]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
"If it makes you feel any better, Loaf, I'm dying tonight."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[But you don't have to. Voting no one still leaves a chance for you, heh]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I take it back, I still maintain the funniest ending is not killing everyone and putting the killers in a predicament. If you kill an extra vanilla their pool of people to kill is very low :ROFLMAO:]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
She smiled. "Nice try! Trust me, I've wondered what would happen if I got everything wrong and it was left with me and two killers. It's... not fun for me to think about."

[[I think that considering who the killers would go after between 1 or 2 townies is fun though lol]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[okay I'm glad at least someone agrees it would be really funny, bc doctor has to pick who to protect and killers have to weight between killing the killer and killing the town]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
, then killing scum should be the priority because I'm 99% sure that ends the game??? Nope I just checked mafiascum, if an SK is still in the game, apparently, the game WOULDN'T end
it doesn't??? Genuinely thought it was otherwise

SK wincon is "last one alive" so if it came down to an SK and a townie, would that be a draw???
I guess they just.... win tbh? at the point where there's only one non-town there's no majority left to vote them out, so it's a given conclusion that they'd just kill the following night anyway. At least if I'm understanding it, which I might not be,

either way if we actually do have an SK and they kill tonight, that's 3p win no matter how it shakes out I guess. (and it would just be mafia win if we killed SK instead, and wasting daylynch today is coinflip mafia victory unless mafia/SK manage to miraculously target each other, so that just makes me even more astronomically sure Tetra is flailing scum)

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ @Sinderella @espy we can still make it happen tho. A vote for no vote will override stars vote for me. Come on y'all :copyka:

Like I said there's no way in which town wins anyway unless we get the killers to kill each other
]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I mean unless Starlight literally played us all like fuckwits and is actually a killer (or a mafia doc somehow?? How would that work??? God i’ll commit arson LMAO) I’m still town. So that would leave Espy, which…..g fucking g i guess??? So we’ll see how this flips and what the standoff is in the next day phase if there is one.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[
[[I mean unless Starlight literally played us all like fuckwits and is actually a killer (or a mafia doc somehow?? How would that work??? God i’ll commit arson LMAO) I’m still town. So that would leave Espy, which…..g fucking g i guess??? So we’ll see how this flips and what the standoff is in the next day phase if there is one.]]
[There won't be a standoff from your perspective! You believe im scum, and you're innocent. Therefore after i supposedly turn up scum, the SK just kills the Doctor and you lose.

RIP town, we're bungled no matter how this goes
]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Which honestly, fair, I think I'd sus me too if it were the last day, not like there's many options but I still say the 4 night madness is infinitely superior to any lynching]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[See this sounds a lot like last ditch effort scum tryna make one last shot at swinging the game in their favor. I haven’t seen YOU switch your vote for a no-elim. Not to mention, I am STILL amazed by the absolute certainty that there is an SK in the game! Like I’m still not completely saying it’s out of the question but the COMPLETE ABSOLUTENESS OF IT just baffles me. Y’all can smack me upside the head with I Told You So if I’m wrong but my brothers in christ, lighten up.

Also, yoinked straight from the Mafiascum wiki…

In order to win the game, the Mafia must ensure that they are the last remaining faction; at least one Mafia member must remain alive, and everyone else must be dead.
If it came down to a standoff between a lone townie and a scum member, they haven’t completed the wincon. “Everyone else must be dead” so if I’m still alive, how does that work?

Same for SK:

A Serial Killer is a player whose goal is to be the last player alive.
If I’m still alive, how does that play out? Because they’re not the last one alive; provided Starlight is killed at night phase, I’m still around. Does it come down the tie rule, in where in the event of a tie, the first person who reached that tie number is in fact the loser? I think I was in a game like that once, where it almost came down to “who voted the fastest.” Which……..sucks but it is what it is.

The presence of a Serial Killer can often keep a game going even at numbers that would normally lead another faction to win immediately (e.g. 1 Town, 1 Mafia, 1 Serial Killer going into the Night). As a general guideline, if a Serial Killer is still alive, the game should not be called over unless the Serial Killer has won or some groupscum faction controls more than half the votes in the game.
Also to answer Espy’s question, this is straight from Mafiascum too. Basically it’s saying the game shouldn’t be called unless ANOTHER group (werewolves, cult, whatever other third party group there might be in any game) has more than half the votes to swing the game. Which is not the case in this game, so by definition, if an SK was active rn, the game should not be called even if it came down to them and another townie (or even scum ig).]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Gg everyone! (no sarcasm)

You got me.

I am the mafia rolecop. And then when chibi died all their powers went to me as well.

As you know rolecop can check for powers, but not alignment. Which means I don't know who the SK is. But I do know who has a role. And who I killed and how I killed them.

See, I checked everyone here. These past couple days. And I have two vanilla reads, and one role.

*Bulletproof*

A very clever gambit... I see you BP, trying to draw the shot. I read you last night.

Good luck everyone]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Wasn’t that just Jackie though???? What on GODS GREEN EARTH????]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Mew flitted about overhead, watching the showdown with absolute glee. She giggled at various arguments, formed bubbles and popped them over the players’ heads, and seemed to be having the time of her life while the participants argued with one another.

Then, as the clock wound down, she faced Loaf—or, sort of faced him, as she had decided to hover upside down for the time being. With a tilt of her head, she swished her tail and allowed him to give his final speech.

Loaf's expression changed and he regarded everyone present with a look of respect, and anger.

"Guess I'm toast," he said regretfully. "I had bun, even if my idea were half-baked. Guess I don't make for a good bad guy, I was crumbling at the end, but you sure got a rise out of me... and to the nice Absol who was my friend, I wish i could have played butter. Wheat have been good friends. Looks like my plans went a rye and I couldn't win for us. Maybe if I hadn't been loafing around, I could have made sure the good guys could crust me more."

He looked in turn to the other pokemon and people. "And to the two nice guys remaining who isn't the other bad guy, or if none of you are... I guess I bread you wrong.

But to everyone who played the game... don't bake things too seriously. You were a lot of fun and I hope I get to meet some of you again. At yeast we had fun everyone."

He had said his piece. He looked to the little creature called Mew, the trickster, the imp, the play maker. "I'm bready to go home."

Mew replied with a playful wink. Up Loaf went in the multicolored bubble, above the fountain and over everyone’s heads, until the bubble popped and he was gone.

Then, quite suddenly, the fountain erupted into a spectacular show, water shooting way up over the rooftops. A stream of rainbow bubbles burst from the fountain and filled the air, while fireworks fired from its center and exploded overhead, spelling out the following in the sky:

LOAF HAS BEEN ELIMINATED. HE WAS MAFIA.

ALL HOSTILE PARTIES HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED. TOWN WINS THE GAME!

Mew did one backflip after another, cheering and laughing. Oh, this had been delightfully fun, yes indeed! She swished her tail, and all the previous missing players returned, floating unharmed in their bubbles. She popped them all at once with a wave of her paw, some individuals landing more gracefully than others.

She faced the crowd with sparkling, mischievous eyes. Well, this had been a great show, and she hoped everyone else thought so, too! She congratulated the winners, sent another spray of bubbles, water and fireworks into the air from the fountain, then saluted and vanished, inserting her parting words into everyone’s minds:

Until next time!

[[And that’s a wrap for this game! Thanks everyone for playing, it’s been a great time! I hope you all enjoyed yourselves, too, and thanks for bearing with me in my first time GMing, haha!

I intentionally brought all the players back, as I thought I would leave the thread open for another day or so for anyone who wanted to RP a little more with their characters. No obligation, of course, just thought I would provide the opportunity for anyone who wants to use it!

Thanks again, all! I will be posting a log of night actions shortly, as well as sharing the role PM flavors!]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Well DANG I stand corrected.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Great game everyone! This was fun, even if I lost my partner right from the get go. RIP chibi. I wasn't even lying, I really did think there was an SK.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Whiskey clawed at his own face in dismay.

"Well, if there can be any redeeming benefit to my blinkered obsession with a rogue killer, perhaps it is that I duped the enemy into joining me in my fixation. Apologies to those I dismissed while I was in play. It was indeed... Lovers."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit