• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Team Skull Recruitment Mafia (5th Anniversary Mafia)

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rui’s stomach dropped at the disappearance of yet another teammate. It’s just a game, remember, she chided herself. No guns or anything here. Nobody’s being harmed.

Still, it stung quite a bit that they’d lost another—a doctor, at that—and voted out a teammate the day before. Gods, Victoria probably had been a doctor too, like she’d claimed. Rui felt bad for side-eyeing her on that first day.

She took a breath and tipped her chin up. Well. Nothing to do but keep moving forward. They’d close in on the scum sooner or later, surely!

He turned to Rui. She’d been standing so shyly off to the side. He wanted to hear from her, but didn’t want to make her feel uncomfortable. Giving a welcoming smile, he said, “If you have any thoughts on this, it could be very helpful to hear them! I think you should speak up, if you have something to say.”

Rui returned his welcoming smile. “Sure thing! I do have something to say, actually.”

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a note, then waved it around for everyone to see. “I’m…a doctor, too.” She shook her head and laughed. “And here I was thinking I had a unique role!”

Yo! Thanks for coming out. Congrats, you’re a [B]Homie Healer[/B] (also known as a [URL='https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Doctor']Doctor[/URL]). You are aligned with the [B]Homies[/B] ([URL='https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Town']Town[/URL]). You win when all threats to the Homies are “dead” and there’s at least one “alive” Homie player left. So, you’re one of the good guys. But, you’ve got hella responsibility on your shoulders, my dude. Each night phase, you can pick another player to protect from a single “nightkill.” However, you CAN’T protect yourself. Please gimme a “thumbs up” to let me know you looked this over. There will always be a grunt nearby to answer any of your pressing questions. Guzma OUT.

[[So…yeah. Y’all have no idea the sheer DREAD I felt when I returned to the thread and realized I’d missed the deadline and—I kid you not—TEN PAGES OF BACKLOG. Irl has frankly been a massive poo storm lately, and Sunday was especially busy, so by the time I remembered to check the thread, the day had closed and I’d missed everything. 🫠

I know that this probably makes me look sus. I also know that my role claim and sharing my role PM doesn’t mean much at this point, but I figured I’d share what I know to the best of my ability. Please believe me when I say I truly did have irl reasons for being absent at the end of day last phase. Unfortunately by doing so I missed my chance to officially prove my claim, hhhhhhhh

I just…really really hope you guys will believe me. I’m sorry I can’t really offer more than my word on this. Y’all have no freaking idea how aggravated I am that of all the times I was unavailable, it was RIGHT when things exploded. I swear these games take five years off my life every time.

Anyway…for my heals, I healed Tetra the first night, and then Chibi the second night.

I will offer up some readings later but it’s past midnight here and I’ve had yet another crazy day so that post will have to come tomorrow.]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
"Before anyone says anything, I healed Sriracha last night. This was either a strongman kill or two people with the same target," Spencer declared, holding a paper plate with some pancakes.
"Is that how it works? If someone is the target of two kills, then that pierces any blocks or heals?"

[[also oops, completely missed that starlight posted before fox. ignore some element of my previous posts sorry xoxo]]
[[lol I was thinking "heeeyyyy" when I read your first post]]

"Call it a vote of protest. I thought it was strange that, despite everyone pretty much agreeing that Victoria was not scum before that, now we were all clear to dogpile because they claimed doctor. probably just pressure on everyone else's part, to be honest. Only got a couple hours left, and the two original suspects in Anubis and Sriracha are suddenly clear, so you gotta vote the first sign of suspicion you have."
"I thought it was strange everyone was dogpiling on Victoria, too, and I didn't like it."

"Anyway, I thought they were telling the truth about being doctor and I voiced that I thought it was messed up after [[in ooc]], given we got three doctors right before, and I suspect there being a potential three or so more. I missed the whole reveal fiasco [[you can go back and read the logs, I say when I'm stepping out]]. My vote wasn't changing anything. Putting it on somebody else would've been suspicious, so I shot myself."

[[besides, it's kind of funny to vote yourself if it's not going to do much.]]
[[Tbh I believe you did it for the lulz more than anything haha]]

Derek grimaced. "I'm... not sure what to think of this. You were in-and-out during the reveal without much to say. Granted, I think everyone was so baffled by what was happening. I don't feel great about you."

“Both nights Jack. Yeah, I know, real original, add another to the fish-boy fan club. He was making sense day 1, and on day 2, I figured you guys had your little heal triangle thing going on, but if there was a second killer around, might as well protect the guy making the most sense who we already knew wasn’t a redneck.”
[[DAMNIT]]

Rui returned his welcoming smile. “Sure thing! I do have something to say, actually.”

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a note, then waved it around for everyone to see. “I’m…a doctor, too.” She shook her head and laughed. “And here I was thinking I had a unique role!”
Derek inhaled deeply.

"Well... we don't have a way to disprove you. But, like I said, anyone who claims doctor but didn't do it during the big reveal has no way of being proven or disproven."
[[So…yeah. Y’all have no idea the sheer DREAD I felt when I returned to the thread and realized I’d missed the deadline and—I kid you not—TEN PAGES OF BACKLOG. Irl has frankly been a massive poo storm lately, and Sunday was especially busy, so by the time I remembered to check the thread, the day had closed and I’d missed everything. 🫠

I know that this probably makes me look sus. I also know that my role claim and sharing my role PM doesn’t mean much at this point, but I figured I’d share what I know to the best of my ability. Please believe me when I say I truly did have irl reasons for being absent at the end of day last phase. Unfortunately by doing so I missed my chance to officially prove my claim, hhhhhhhh

I just…really really hope you guys will believe me. I’m sorry I can’t really offer more than my word on this. Y’all have no freaking idea how aggravated I am that of all the times I was unavailable, it was RIGHT when things exploded. I swear these games take five years off my life every time.
[[That's totally okay! Real life absolutely takes priority, and we all need to step away sometimes. Take care of yourself! *Hugs*]]

Anyway…for my heals, I healed Tetra the first night, and then Chibi the second night.
[[Okay so Chibi is also NOT a PGO, which is good to know (unless Chibi and Yellow are in cahoots but I hope it's not that).]]

"Okay," Derek sighed. "We've got a lot of claims and pretty much no information... Here are my perspectives on everyone so far:

Panoramic_Vacuum (Phoebe): Person I'm the most suspicious about. Hasn't offered up any information, other than that she also believes there's more than one killing power at play. Was freaking out during the big reveal but didn't offer up anything helpful, just expressed surprise.

FauxFox (Spencer Roberts): Town, Homie Healer

Dragonfree (Jack Ray): Feels town, like everyone else said, and has offered various possibilities and perspectives. But also hasn't offered up any concrete information, and nothing on night actions. Definitely not a PGO.

HelloYellow17 (Rui Everlin): Hasn't been able to say much, but I do feel like her Doctor claim is genuine.

Chibi Pika (Stracion Decora): I've felt off about Stracion this entire recruitment gig. She's also claiming to be a doctor, and it checks out with her surprise at Anubis's claim before anything else. But it could be a bluff, since claiming Doctor is easy at this point. If Rui's claim at healing Stracion is true, then she's definitely not a trigger-happy redneck.

Flyg0n (Anubis): Town, Homie Healer

tomatorade (Isaac): Still don't feel good about him. He only offered a vote for himself to avoid voting for Victoria and not look suspicious by not having a vote. Hasn't had any information on night actions.

"I'm most concerned about you two--" Derek pointed to Isaac and Phoebe--"and still uncertain of you three," he added to Stracion, Jack and Rui.
  1. EonDuoLatios: Victoria Liu Xinlong (F): Doctor/Homie Healer
  2. Panoramic_Vacuum: Phoebe Hawea (F) Sus
  3. FauxFox: Spencer Roberts (M): Doctor/Homie Healer Town
  4. Dragonfree: Jack Ray (M) Neutral
  5. HelloYellow17: Rui Everlin (F) - claimed Doctor Neutral
  6. Chibi Pika: Stracion Decora (F) - claimed Doctor Neutral
  7. unrepentantAuthor: Sriracha (M) - Doctor/Homie Healer
  8. Starlight Aurate: Derek Cummings (M)
  9. Flyg0n: Anubis (M) - Doctor/Homie Healer Town
  10. tomatorade: Isaac (M) Sus
  11. ShiniGojira: Cygnus - Doctor????

"Guzma, what the heck? When you advertised wanting 'former medical school students,' for your team, I didn't think this was the reason why! I thought I'd be healing POKEMON, not trying to throw other people into a dunce room!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jack waved awkwardly at the gathered players. "Yeah, uh, hi. I'm a doctor too, who could've guessed." He threw a small smile at Stracion. "I healed her both nights. Like I said, we just kept vibing. Last night, I was already pretty sure she was also a doctor and that the mafia might've figured that as well, and since the three confirmed were going to do their heal circle thing, I figured the mafia might try to be clever and dodge that by targeting a doctor who might not be protected. But it was a slim chance anyway. A setup like this has got to at the very least have something like a strongman shot for the mafia, and if they had that, of course they'd go for one of the apparently confirmed townies, and there was nothing we could do about that."

He took a deep breath, looking at the gathered players.

"Okay, look. I think the mafia slash PGOs or serial killer or whatever are pretty likely to be some of Derek, Isaac, Phoebe and Rui. I still don't think it's Stracion. Last night I was mulling it over and remembered that on day one Phoebe said this:"

Phoebe giggled. "I know I'd like to stick around! It's more fun that way, and I'm pretty sure I could be helpful, too. But only after the night happens..." She trailed off, realizing that meant they'd have to wait to see what sorts of powers people might have. "It's probably that way for most people here."
"Which is a pretty generic inforole softclaim, but now that we seem to have a better sense of the setup I'm feeling a lot less sure that we even actually have any inforoles. So that got me thinking instead this might have been bait. What happens with inforole softclaims? They get targeted, not just by the mafia but by doctors wanting to protect them, and by other inforoles that want to see if they're legit. I think Phoebe's our paranoid gun owner. And if so I think she's mafia-aligned, or at least third-party, because if you're a town-aligned PGO, this is just as likely to get you targeted by other townies, especially when pulling it early on day one when as far as you know doctors don't have much to go on other than this sort of softclaim. Plus I'm not sure townie PGO would actually make a lot of sense in this setup? Everything's full of doctors - townie PGO's just going to be super likely to hurt their own team unless they immediately claimed, right? And if you expected them to just immediately claim, that'd kind of defeat the whole purpose of the promised chaos, and then all the doctors would just really skew the setup against the mafia?"

He shook his head. "I don't know, but that's the most concrete thought I have. I'm also still pretty paranoid about what Sriracha said yesterday, about the mafia maybe getting fake rolecards to show. In that case it could still be Spencer or Anubis but I'm not sure that's where our attention should be focused right now. I might still think back over what they've been saying just in case."

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
"Is that how it works? If someone is the target of two kills, then that pierces any blocks or heals?"
“Yeah that’s what it says on the wiki invite,” Spencer said. “A number of doctor protections equal to the number of kills is required. So either two different people hit Sriracha last night, though it’s unlikely, or we’ve got a strongman. That, or a scum-aligned role blocker, which is a possibility with the role list.”
I'm not sure townie PGO would actually make a lot of sense in this setup? Everything's full of doctors - townie PGO's just going to be super likely to hurt their own team unless they immediately claimed, right?
“It wouldn’t be great for town, but we can’t rule it out. That would create some chaos though, if on night one we had a bunch of doctors go to a PGO and all turn up dead in the morning. Though I guess at this point it wouldn’t be likely.” Spencer took another bite out of a pancake. “Yo Guzma, these pancakes are wicked good man!”

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[sorry for the absence thus far. Hockey game last night and at work now. Won't be able to properly post until I'm home, so in ~8 hours. Just wanted to explain any silence on my end as irl obligation and not sus]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[actually, might be able to post at lunch, so ~4 he from now]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[At work atm so my activity will be sporadic but my passing thought is highest wariness on tomatorade and pano...

Yellow's claim is surprising but not really, at this point I expect any scum or townie will claim doc.

I don't necessarily disbelieve it, but I am hesitant to believe it, just because at least one outside the confirmed set will be lying. Rather unfortunate timing though, it is is what it is. My sus isn't really on timing so much as probability. Many sympathies though yellow!]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[at work so no time for flavor but kind of a bummer I don't get to be a cool kid and claim doc too.

I'm a Gun Crazed Redneck. I knew there had to be two killing powers in play because I am one.

I shot Cygnus night 1, and FauxFox night 2.

I hinted at being an info role because it kind of is by proxy. The more nights go on, the more info gets revealed, the more useful I can be, or so I figured with a Mafia doctor possibly in play.

I made a comment the first day about either maximum chaos or no chaos the first night, because I have a caveat to my role that states I *must* shoot someone every night. (Something something gun crazed). With this I assumed there would either be a ton of protection out there, with PGO on the role list as well, or they're would be minimal and there was the chance for multiple deaths per night, even on night 1.

So I guess the award for least valuable townie goes to me. Also if I had a nickel for every unusual role designed to cause maximum chaos I got, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it's happened twice.

I will say at this: there is at least one other killing role out there, because I did not shoot at Sriracha last night. And there is no listed redirection role in the game.

I chose to aim at FauxFox because I still am/was leery of Anubis. Yes, Anubis protected FauxFox last night, but we have no way of knowing if FauxFox actually protected Sriracha.

I feel with my role, and with so many other (claimed) Doctors, someone on the scum team has to be a healer, either as cover or for protection with myself and maybe a PGO out there.

While I think voting me out today doesn't really help town, I can understand why you'd want to do so.

I would hope that with this info you'll want to take a harder look at the rest of the group, because someone else is also a killer.]]

tomatorade

The great speckled bird
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. quilava
  2. buizel
[[Seems everyone is busy lol. On a weekday? wtf? Anyway, Pano, you don't gotta worry about being the least valuable townie lol. I'll just come out and say it.

I'm PGO.

I've been kind of sitting around, waiting to see if someone would claim to have poked me at night so I could finally call someone out and be useful, but Starlight is the only one who hasn't claimed role yet (unless I missed a post again) so it doesn't look like I'll be getting anywhere anytime soon.

I haven't had much night info to share because I've been lazing around and not really capable of doing anything. I actually do believe Pano is gun nut, it makes a lot of sense for the kills we've got. Being forced to kill is maybe a little sus, but the deeper mechanics at play are new to me and Sind is a devious mastermind so it's entirely possible.

I'm also sus of all the doctor claims. Eon was almost certainly another doctor, I think Shini, even, may have also been doctor and either got me or, as Pano says, got got (or both). They definitely weren't pgo if what Pano says is true.

I still stand by Chibi being safe even if no doctor. Free's been making a lot of sense. I don't doubt the confirmed doctor claims, though if there's a way it's possible they lied I'm all ears.

At this point, there's not much I can do. I figured nobody would be doctoring me after night one with so many safe options to protect, and the mafia obviously has some doctor workaround to kill despite protection, so they're not going to target me either, so I think my role is pretty much up. I'll echo that if you have to vote out somebody, I would probably be one of the better choices.

Now I just want to hear what Starlight claims, because at this point they're the only one without one (once again, unless I missed a post). ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jack pinched the bridge of his nose. "Okay, uh... Sorry, what?"

I'm a Gun Crazed Redneck. I knew there had to be two killing powers in play because I am one.

I shot Cygnus night 1, and FauxFox night 2.

I hinted at being an info role because it kind of is by proxy. The more nights go on, the more info gets revealed, the more useful I can be, or so I figured with a Mafia doctor possibly in play.
I made a comment the first day about either maximum chaos or no chaos the first night, because I have a caveat to my role that states I *must* shoot someone every night. (Something something gun crazed). With this I assumed there would either be a ton of protection out there, with PGO on the role list as well, or they're would be minimal and there was the chance for multiple deaths per night, even on night 1.
"Paranoid gun owner is normally a passive role. You'd just kill whoever targets you in the night, automatically. Usually you wouldn't know who you shot.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
(Oops posted early, hang tight)

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Wait, no, Gun-Crazed Redneck is vigilante, Trigger-Happy Redneck is PGO. I was confused on what Pano was actually claiming. Goddamn it Sind]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jack blinked hard. What had just happened?

"Okay, so. Phoebe says she's vigilante, only a variety who has to shoot someone every night, and she's the one who killed Cygnus. Isaac says that he's PGO, but I guess hasn't caused any kills yet? Like I said I'm kind of skeptical of the concept of town PGO in this setup. Going to have to think about it a bit but for the moment I can't say I'm feeling great about either of them."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rather unfortunate timing though, it is is what it is. My sus isn't really on timing so much as probability. Many sympathies though yellow!]]
Rui shrugged with a wry smile. “No offense taken! It is what it is, right?”

"Which is a pretty generic inforole softclaim, but now that we seem to have a better sense of the setup I'm feeling a lot less sure that we even actually have any inforoles. So that got me thinking instead this might have been bait. What happens with inforole softclaims? They get targeted, not just by the mafia but by doctors wanting to protect them, and by other inforoles that want to see if they're legit. I think Phoebe's our paranoid gun owner. And if so I think she's mafia-aligned, or at least third-party, because if you're a town-aligned PGO, this is just as likely to get you targeted by other townies, especially when pulling it early on day one when as far as you know doctors don't have much to go on other than this sort of softclaim.
Rui furrowed her brow in thought and clasped her hands behind her back. “You know, I was having the same train of thought. But I guess we were both wrong if Phoebe’s claim is true!” She gave the other girl a grin. “I’m kind of torn. On one hand, I think Phoebe is telling the truth that she has a night power, even one that can take out other players. But I don’t know if I believe she’s a vigilante. In fact, I’m starting to wonder if she’s actually a third party—a serial killer, even?

“Think about it. If town really has four doctors (five, if Victoria was telling the truth, and even six, if Stracion is, too), then would they really need a vigilante? I mean, a vigilante could still shoot a fellow town member, true, but once the doctors started revealing themselves and working together, then town would be crazy powerful. I feel like it’s more likely that you’re a third party trying to blend in with town.”

I chose to aim at FauxFox because I still am/was leery of Anubis. Yes, Anubis protected FauxFox last night, but we have no way of knowing if FauxFox actually protected Sriracha.
Rui tilted her head at this. “Hm? This doesn’t totally make sense, though. I know you were testing Anubis to see if he’d actually heal who he said he would, but even if Anubis is a bad guy, why wouldn’t he? He’s definitely a doctor because he couldn’t have faked that claim. So of course he’d follow the plan that they all agreed on to avoid suspicion. That said, I do think he’s actually a good guy.”

Rui shook her head and paced back and forth. “I dunno. I’m not saying you’re lying, Phoebe, but I don’t know if I totally believe it either. But you’re not the only one I’m unsure about. Isaac and Derek aren’t convincing me, either.”

[[don’t wanna make this post too long and I’m currently running errands so I’ll get back to this in a bit—but yeah, currently I’m side-eyeing Pano, Starlight, and Isaac. I’m pretty skeptical of Free’s doctor claim, too, it’s just a bit too convenient…but then again, people could say the same thing about me. And Free’s been making good arguments and seems very town, but SHE PINGS ME AS TOWN EVERY GAME AAAA so I don’t freaking know. I don’t dare put her as hard town. She’s too sly. 😂 I’m sorry, Free, you just make me so freakin paranoid lololol]]

Free: Neutral, leaning sus
Chibi: Soft town

Tetra: Hard town
FauxFox: Hard town (it’s possible they didn’t actually heal Jackie like they said they would. But that doesn’t really make much sense imo, for the reasons I mentioned above.
Pano: Moderately sus
Starlight: Moderately sus
(the focus on Chibi doesn’t make much sense to me)
Tomatorade: Moderately sus
Eon: Town

Jackie: Town
Cygnus: Town

Victoria: Town

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Wait, no, Gun-Crazed Redneck is vigilante, Trigger-Happy Redneck is PGO. I was confused on what Pano was actually claiming. Goddamn it Sind]]
“Lmao yeah I had literally the exact same ‘isn’t redneck PGO??’ moment.”

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
“With Sriracha dying, it does make it seem like I didn’t protect him. I am very aware of that. But I am a doc, if my claim earlier didn’t prove that to you then I’m not really sure what will. But if I was a thug, it wouldn’t really make sense for myself or my team to kill Sriracha, since that would call my claim into question anyway. Anubis was pretty much confirmed yesterday, so the only thing you would possibly gain from shooting me is confirming that another already confirmed doctor is, in fact a doctor,” Spencer started.

“Shooting one person who is an almost 100% confirmed townie -to test if someone else who is confirmed too is a townie might I add- doesn’t seem like the best strategy. At best, you confirmed known knowledge, and at worst you kill another townie. Either way, it’s a terrible play that sounds best suited to be an excuse.”

Spencer took a deep breath before continuing. “Now, unless the scum have a strongman, I am certain that I was visited last night. Because I healed Sriracha, but as you can tell by the fact that he’s not in the game anymore, I believe that I was roleblocked. In fact, I’m willing to bet that Pheobe is a scum-aligned roleblocker trying to cover for her teammates night 1 kill and also attempting to excuse their visit in the off chance that they were tracked last night. I may be wrong, but this is my current train of thought.”

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
“Shooting one person who is an almost 100% confirmed townie -to test if someone else who is confirmed too is a townie might I add- doesn’t seem like the best strategy. At best, you confirmed known knowledge, and at worst you kill another townie. Either way, it’s a terrible play that sounds best suited to be an excuse.”
[[I have to bury my shot somewhere, so wasting it to confirm a role claim isn't a waste. I'm inclined to believe Jack at this point that we have no traditional info roles, and a must-shoot Vig in a set up with all doctors/doctor claims works like a role-cop in a way.

Maybe I'm the one taking crazy pills, but I'm kind of surprised a doc claim is a get out of jail free card right now. With both myself and a PGO in this game, I feel very strongly there's a scum doctor hanging out in the bunch. Of course, only the scum know for sure right now.

I can very much guarantee I am not a roleblocker, nor scum. Of course the only way for anyone to trust me is to watch me flip, but you'll be right back in this position tomorrow, trying to sort out the 85 doc claims. My advice, use the rest of the time today to figure out which doc is lying.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Mmm see, I don’t doubt your claim because it’s a risky one to use as a fake claim (I think? Idk maybe it’s not). BUT I’m not really buying town vig vs being a TP, especially in a game with a ton of doctors. Even if some of these doctors are scum (and that’s looking likely), there’s still a super high number of town docs, which makes a town vig a little OP in my opinion. Uh I hope this makes sense.

However Comma, Tomatorade could ALSO likely be a TP. I mean, PGO (assuming their claim is even true, but I’m inclined to believe it is, because PGO is a rather odd/risky fake claim as well) could be any faction. But I feel like a PGO is just as likely to be TP as a Redneck is.

TLDR I’m pretty convinced ONE of you two is scum/TP. I don’t think we have two TPs in this game, but one of you very well could be scum while the other is TP.

Meanwhile, I’m still not seeing a claim from Starlight, but I think she said she’d be busy today so I won’t pressure her just yet.

Oh, and my reason for only placing Chibi as soft town and for why I’m leaning sus for Free: both of them have conveniently claimed doctor, and Pano makes a good point about the possibility of a scum doc. This is why Chibi isn’t totally in the clear for me—their reaction definitely cements them as doc imo, but that doesn’t mean they are town. As for Free, I’m waffling SO much because I don’t think I believe her doc claim, BUT she seems towny to me, aghhhh. screw it I’m throwing Free into neutral sus jail and leaving her there to think about her sins. 😂 I do wanna hear more from her and Chibi though.]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Hi hello, it's afternoon for me, sorry I took so long to respond this day phase, had a VERY unexpected morning in real life]]

"Yeah, uh, hi. I'm a doctor too, who could've guessed."
[[GRRRRR]]

"Which is a pretty generic inforole softclaim, but now that we seem to have a better sense of the setup I'm feeling a lot less sure that we even actually have any inforoles. So that got me thinking instead this might have been bait. What happens with inforole softclaims? They get targeted, not just by the mafia but by doctors wanting to protect them, and by other inforoles that want to see if they're legit. I think Phoebe's our paranoid gun owner. And if so I think she's mafia-aligned, or at least third-party, because if you're a town-aligned PGO, this is just as likely to get you targeted by other townies, especially when pulling it early on day one when as far as you know doctors don't have much to go on other than this sort of softclaim. Plus I'm not sure townie PGO would actually make a lot of sense in this setup? Everything's full of doctors - townie PGO's just going to be super likely to hurt their own team unless they immediately claimed, right? And if you expected them to just immediately claim, that'd kind of defeat the whole purpose of the promised chaos, and then all the doctors would just really skew the setup against the mafia?"
Derek tapped his chin. "I could see this being the case. Inforole softclaims are a very risky move to make, and it would make a lot of sense if someone who made it would feel confident they're essentially bulletproof."

"I don't know, but that's the most concrete thought I have. I'm also still pretty paranoid about what Sriracha said yesterday, about the mafia maybe getting fake rolecards to show. In that case it could still be Spencer or Anubis but I'm not sure that's where our attention should be focused right now. I might still think back over what they've been saying just in case."
[[I'm choosing to not dwell too much about the possibility of mafia being given fake rolecards because I think it just makes everything more convoluted and me more paranoid. It is a possibility, but I don't want to rely too much on thinking this particular "what if" scenario.]]

[[This is why I'm more wary of you since you claim to be wary of Anubis. I am 100% confident in Flyg0n and FauxFox (and uA before dying, RIP) because their role PMs match EXACTLY what I've got, down to the letter]]

I feel with my role, and with so many other (claimed) Doctors, someone on the scum team has to be a healer, either as cover or for protection with myself and maybe a PGO out there.
[[I'm disinclined to agree with this because there's no heal clash at play and there are a high number of doctors on Town. Yes, not EVERY doctor that has claimed so far has to be town, but without heal clash, I don't think there'd be as much utility for a back-alley doc.]]

[[Seems everyone is busy lol. On a weekday? wtf? Anyway, Pano, you don't gotta worry about being the least valuable townie lol. I'll just come out and say it.]]
[[Heeeey I'm sleeping/working when everyone else is available in this thread ;_; (that was said in good humour lol I'm not actually offended)]]
I've been kind of sitting around, waiting to see if someone would claim to have poked me at night so I could finally call someone out and be useful, but Starlight is the only one who hasn't claimed role yet (unless I missed a post again) so it doesn't look like I'll be getting anywhere anytime soon.
[[Yep, I'm claiming now, which is why I 100% believe uA, FauxFox and Flyg0n]]

Jack blinked hard. What had just happened?

"Okay, so. Phoebe says she's vigilante, only a variety who has to shoot someone every night, and she's the one who killed Cygnus. Isaac says that he's PGO, but I guess hasn't caused any kills yet? Like I said I'm kind of skeptical of the concept of town PGO in this setup. Going to have to think about it a bit but for the moment I can't say I'm feeling great about either of them."
"If Phoebe killed Cygnus, then who was the other original target for N1, if there are multiple kill parties as she claims? And then who killed Sriracha last night?"

If town really has four doctors (five, if Victoria was telling the truth, and even six, if Stracion is, too), then would they really need a vigilante?
Derek smiled wryly. "Eight, if we think Cygnus was a doc, and if you guys believe me, too."

Isaac and Derek aren’t convincing me, either.
He shrugged. "That's fair. I haven't been around too much and was late to claim. If I go down today, I'm just going to contribute to this discussion and trying to take down the real thugs as much as I can."

He smiled. Maybe, after all he had failed with helping Team Magma achieve their goals, he could finally set some things right, and give his life for solving this mystery.

[[... Oh, right. Nobody dies this game lol. Sorry, Derek. No martyrdom for you.]]

Starlight: Moderately sus (the focus on Chibi doesn’t make much sense to me)
[[Tbh it is mostly just vibes and feels 😅 I'm not trying to FOCUS on Chibi, just 'everyone pings you as hard town but I don't feel quite as confident.']]

“With Sriracha dying, it does make it seem like I didn’t protect him. I am very aware of that. But I am a doc, if my claim earlier didn’t prove that to you then I’m not really sure what will. But if I was a thug, it wouldn’t really make sense for myself or my team to kill Sriracha, since that would call my claim into question anyway. Anubis was pretty much confirmed yesterday, so the only thing you would possibly gain from shooting me is confirming that another already confirmed doctor is, in fact a doctor,” Spencer started.
"That's okay, Spencer. I believe that you tried to protect Sriracha, and were just overpowered," Derek said kindly. "I think your claim was just as strong as Sriracha's and Anubis's, given that you claimed at the exact same time."

“Now, unless the scum have a strongman, I am certain that I was visited last night. Because I healed Sriracha, but as you can tell by the fact that he’s not in the game anymore, I believe that I was roleblocked. In fact, I’m willing to bet that Pheobe is a scum-aligned roleblocker trying to cover for her teammates night 1 kill and also attempting to excuse their visit in the off chance that they were tracked last night. I may be wrong, but this is my current train of thought.”
Derek's eyes widened. "Interesting! I hadn't thought of a roleblocker--" He checked Guzma's list. "AND a 'customized roleblocker' is also an option! Maybe we have something like that going on?"

[[Oh gosh, what if one of the claimed docs is also a roleblocker]]

Maybe I'm the one taking crazy pills, but I'm kind of surprised a doc claim is a get out of jail free card right now. With both myself and a PGO in this game, I feel very strongly there's a scum doctor hanging out in the bunch. Of course, only the scum know for sure right now.

I can very much guarantee I am not a roleblocker, nor scum. Of course the only way for anyone to trust me is to watch me flip, but you'll be right back in this position tomorrow, trying to sort out the 85 doc claims. My advice, use the rest of the time today to figure out which doc is lying.
[[That's totally fair, and I definitely think one of the docs could also be lying. That's why I was freaking out so much when people were claiming while I was at work, because I was watching it happen on mobile and didn't have the time or ability to copy my role and include it XD Stracion's freak-out at Flyg0n's claim makes sense to me, so I'm more inclined to believe her.

The only thing I really don't get is suspicion towards Flyg0n or FauxFox, because their role PM's are the EXACT same as my own. If any of the other players really are town docs, I don't think they should be suspicious of those two at all.

I still disagree with the possibility of a scum doctor UNLESS it's a roleblocker-doctor as a sort of specialized roleblocker. That, I would believe.]]

Meanwhile, I’m still not seeing a claim from Starlight, but I think she said she’d be busy today so I won’t pressure her just yet.
[[Nah, feel free to pressure me all you want. I am fairly busy today, but that's okay and I'll contribute where I can lol. I know I'm on peoples' scum lists now, but I also ALWAYS read scummy in these games and I've only been scum once XD I'm happy to take correction where it's warranted!]]

As for Free, I’m waffling SO much because I don’t think I believe her doc claim, BUT she seems towny to me, aghhhh. screw it I’m throwing Free into neutral sus jail and leaving her there to think about her sins. 😂
[[Oh? Why don't you believe Free's claim? I'm not disagreeing, just curious as to what your reasoning is.]]

[[tl;dr:

I believe Fox and Tetra are Town.
I don't think there's a mafia doctor.
I think Phoebe and/or tomatorade are TP or Mafia.
I'm not super sus of Chibi, just not super town either.
I feel more town about Free but also accept her doc claim could be fake.
I don't feel suuper sus about Yellow, I do think she just arrived a bit late to the game.

Oh, and if anyone asks... I also healed Free both nights, which is why I was annoyed when Chibi confessed doing the exact same thing XD I healed Free the first night because I thought, "Chibi will be first to die, so the mafia would expect a doc to go after Chibi, so they'll ACTUALLY go after someone else, which will likely be Free, therefore I'll protect Free" and it turns out everyone else had the same line of logic lol. I protected her again N2 because of the claimed-doc-heal-triangle going on but mostly because I knew she wasn't a PGO and was afraid everyone else was XD ]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[have we tossed the idea of fake role claim info being given to scum teams to blend in with the 90% doctor claim rate? Genuinely curious because again, I have a hard time believing *everyone* has the exact same role in this game and all on the exact same team. B/c ngl it feels like if you *didn't* get the doctor role you're automatically sussed and there's literally nothing to be done to protect yourself. Which... feelsbad? I dunno. I know I'm gone, so uh, good luck everyone.]]

Top Bottom