• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Team Skull Recruitment Mafia (5th Anniversary Mafia)

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Hey!" Anubis barked, glaring at Siracha. "What's that for, sauce man? That's a terrible idea. How about I vote for you?" he paused. "Unless you're trying to get me to do that." Not even a day in and someone wanted to vote for him. That was bad. At least it seemed someone else voted for someone but... why was everyone in a rush to do things? Time was running short yes but they also couldn't resist making a grievous error.

"Cygnus huh? That the uh, dead air dead space thing or whatever?" He tapped his chin in thought. They did seem to be missing a few...

"Or we vote no elimination... Though I would like to see words from our quiet members."

[[I think Eon is the only one who hasn't posted at all? actually...]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[That is to say, if nothing changes I'm thinking 'no elimination, at least day 1, what with the nature of the game]]

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
"I get the feeling that Sriracha is trying to draw attention to himself, he could be a Mim-I mean Pisshead trying to get a day one win by getting everyone's aggro right off the bat," Spencer offered. "Besides, Anubis seems like a smart guy to keep around for a bit. Even if that assumption is wrong, it's better to be safe than sorry on day one, right?"

"I'm going to vote for no elimination if we are allowed to, I don't want to risk this ending so quickly. It's no where near as fun that way."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
The guttural laugh Guzma released took up all the dead space in the foyer. He'd only moved off his recliner a couple times to help himself to the snacks, and to mutter something incoherent to Tupp, Rapp, and Zipp. But now, he was sitting back in the middle of all the action, watching the building arguments with fascination.

"Whew, we got a mouthy bunch here, huh?" he said. "This is the best idea I've had in ages, ain't it?"

The lingering grunt trio were quick and eager with their nods. Guzma looked proud of himself as he scanned the group again. He wasn't expecting such an interesting turnout, let alone two dudes to show up in fucking costumes. Furries were wild, but he couldn't knock their SFX skills. He also wasn't expecting that fucking redhead from the last game he played to roll up either (for the love of gods he couldn't remember her name), and while he found himself scowling whenever she walked into his line of sight, he had to respect her nerve.

"Anyway...let's see what we got going here so far."

Votes:
Flyg0n/Anubis - 1 (unrepentantAuthor/Sriracha)
ShiniGojira/Cygnus - 1 (Chibi Pika/Stracion)
No Elimination - 1 (FauxFox/Spencer)

Not Voting: Flyg0n/Anubis, Starlight Aurate/Derek, tomatorade/Isaac, Panoramic_Vacuum/Phoebe, ShiniGojira/Cygnus, Dragonfree/Jack, EonDuoLatios/Victoria, HelloYellow17/Rui

He sent a pointed look toward the more silent players. "Also, just a friendly, loving reminder that I expect you to participate if you're here. I don't do human paperweights, ya feel?"

He took another bite of the brownie he was holding. "Also, how are the brownies, guys? I was--" He paused, a look of pure mortification settling over his eyes for the briefest of seconds before he cleared his throat. "One of the dudes was trying a new recipe and he wants to know if it's hitting or not."

[[A reminder that you should be making a minimum of two (2) posts per phase! You will be receiving a nudge from me if you haven't yet met that minimum :) ]]

Last edited:
So far, the bespectacled girl had not said anything. She had simply watched as the great variety of people in front of her had spoken, occasionally noting down a few notes. Upon hearing Guzma's call for participation, she looked up, before looking back down at her notes, and beginning to speak.

"No reason we shouldn't be aggressive from the get-go. Even if we hit someone we don't want to, it's still more information gained. Also, we have more allies on our side than they have enemies; and the proportions are much in our favour. Probably going for a gut feel first-shot elimination is a good idea here. I don't know who, though..."

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Sriracha looked around for the kid named Cygnus. "Oh right, that guy. Said something about... two thugs and a third party, or everyone's secretly a thug."

He frowned.

"Was that a joke? I'm not secretly a thug. Are you secretly a thug, Cygnus?"

The blaziken-hybrid clearly... struggled with humour. He was trying his best, though!
"Eh, it was just a guess really. I personally think it's more likely there'd one mafia and a third party but considering the possibility of what Jack said and how 'chaos' seems to be the goal of this game, it is highly possible that I'm wrong," he said, turning to the Blaziken hybrid. "'sides, wouldn't it be funny if everyone really was a thug? That'd make things truly chaotic if it was." [[Last bit is flavor post BTW, I don't actually think everyone is secretly scum or whatever]]

All of this was just a game either way, so it wasn't like Cygnus was in trouble if he lost for once. Though that didn't mean he'd like to lose in the first day because people was anxious to vote someone. "If there really is more than two or three different factions. I think it's safer if we vote no elimination, mostly because... well I'd do the math but I don't wanna bore people so I'll say this quick. Say we vote someone out, that leaves 10 left for the night. Now imagine if there's two mafias and a third party and each mafia faction has like two people, that would leave around maybe five or so homies after the vote and after the night, in the worst case scenario there could be probably three of four kills in one night (if my guess about the possible factions are correct), leaving I don't know 7 remaining (half of which could be mafia or TP)?.. Honestly, now that I said this out loud, I'm not sure if not voting would be a good thing. What do you folks think?"

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
[[Though I'm still voting No Elimination because I wanna see what will happen this night]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rui meandered to the snack table and picked up a brownie before taking a generous bite and chewing thoughtfully. “Ooh!” Her eyes lit up and she gave Guzma a thumbs up. “These are great!”

She took another bite and spoke around a mouthful of brownie. “I mean, to jump the gun without information feels like we’re more likely to shoot ourselves in the foot than not, right? So not eliminating is probably for the b—”

She’d barely gotten the words out when suddenly votes started flying around. Wait, what? Frankly, she was still wrapping her head around the Chinchou kid who said he was a Pokemorph (???) and she’d at least been hoping to get everybody’s name and maybe enjoy some more small talk first, but, well…maybe not.

“Wow, some of you are really going for it, huh?” She polished off the rest of the brownie before grabbing another. “Hmm. Well, I don’t want to eliminate anybody yet, but votes can be a good source of information, too. So, I’ll vote for…um, Phoebe! That was your name, right?” She threw a smile to the bubbly ghost girl. “Sorry. Please don’t take that the wrong way. Love your hair, by the way.”

Vote: Phoebe

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"Yup, that's me!" Phoebe chimed when she heard a vote for her name, giving Rui a smile. "It's okay. It's part of the game."

"Allllthough... I'm not sure how much information we're going to get from votes that we all know are completely random," she said with a shrug. "There's no real way to save yourself if it was all going to be luck anyway. Unless..."

She tapped her cheek with a finger, looking thoughtful. "Unless there's concern that someone might come along at the last minute and break the tie. That'd be miiiighty suspicious, though!"

"And thanks, by the way!" she said to Rui, reaching up to brush at one of the flowers behind her ears. Then, her face lit up with an idea.

Phoebe made her way over to the girl, removing a flower as she walked. "I don't really know anyone here, but I do want to make friends. Maybe this is a good way to start. May I?"

She leaned in and tucked the pink hibiscus in one of Rui's pigtails. Leaning back, she beamed wide. "It matches your jacket so well!"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Stracion idly twirled a loc of hair around her finger. “Yeah, see… fussing too much about third parties and stuff making it too dangerous to play when there’s nothing to go off yet… Just feels like something that’d be on a hater’s mind, y’know? The rest of us gotta deal with all of them the same.” She shrugged. “Not that it’s saying much, but I’m sticking with my vote. Maybe I’m wrong, who knows~”

The girl looked up from his notebook.

"I disagree. It is imperative that we get a good lead, I feel; and if the price is a single person being voted out, I believe that we can take the chance. After all, if there's the chance, not an insignificant one, may I add, to immediately put our opponents on the back foot, we should take it. As such, if only to break the tie, I will vote for Phoebe. Don't take it personally; but I have a slightly uneasy feeling about her."

She looked once again down at her notebook, making one or two notes on it, before looking up again.

"I'm terribly sorry to have not introduced myself earlier; I had simply been observing the happenings around the room. My name is Victoria."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
I will vote for Phoebe.

[[Hey Eon, was this an official vote or just flavor? If you are making a true vote, please bold “vote for Phoebe” or any future votes you make so I can see them easier when I count them up! Thank you!]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Sorry, yes it was; I forgot I had to put it in bold and posted it, remembered it later and then didn't know how to edit my message to put it back in. :( ]]
[[No worries! Posts in mafia threads can’t be edited once they’re made so in the future you can just make a follow up or something. ^^]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rui’s eyes lit up as Phoebe gave her a flower. “Oh! Thank you!” She reached up to touch it where Phoebe had tucked into her hair, then laughed. “Now I look like a proper Alolan tourist!”

Rui instantly decided she liked Phoebe. Which was a small problem when Victoria suddenly cast a vote for her. Her smile fell and she chewed her lip thoughtfully.

“If we had more information to go off of, I might agree with you. But since we don’t, I’m against the idea of eliminating anybody today, you know?”

She gave Phoebe an apologetic look. “Sorry again. But hey, if nothing changes before our day is up, I’ll make sure to change my vote!” Maybe Phoebe was a bad guy and maybe she wasn’t, but it just didn’t feel fair to boot her out at complete random. And, come on, they had just started to become friends. Maybe Rui selfishly wanted more time to hang out with her—was that so bad? The point of games was to have fun, after all.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
A second vote came in her name, quickly, and Phoebe's laugh came out ever so slightly hesitant. "Oh, well, guess it couldn't wait until the end of the day."

"I was kind of hoping to stick around for a little while." She smiled again at Rui, genuinely. The redhead seemed like a good soul, game or not.

Turning to the other girl who voted for her, Phoebe tilted her head to the side and asked, "Any particular reason for picking me? Or is it just my unlucky day?"

[[ @EonDuoLatios ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Sriracha gave Jack a slightly hurt look. "My name's not Sauce," he said, like an exasperated young boy who had to explain this all the time. "It's Sriracha! Which... It might be a sauce. But I'm called Sriracha."
Jack deflated a little, raising up his palms. "Whoa, hey, I didn't say that was your name. Just asking if it's spelled like the sauce."

But people were moving on already in squabbling back-and-forths. At least it was good to see some good discussion going on on day one. The more discussion, the more to go on.

All of this was just a game either way, so it wasn't like Cygnus was in trouble if he lost for once. Though that didn't mean he'd like to lose in the first day because people was anxious to vote someone. "If there really is more than two or three different factions. I think it's safer if we vote no elimination, mostly because... well I'd do the math but I don't wanna bore people so I'll say this quick. Say we vote someone out, that leaves 10 left for the night. Now imagine if there's two mafias and a third party and each mafia faction has like two people, that would leave around maybe five or so homies after the vote and after the night, in the worst case scenario there could be probably three of four kills in one night (if my guess about the possible factions are correct), leaving I don't know 7 remaining (half of which could be mafia or TP)?.. Honestly, now that I said this out loud, I'm not sure if not voting would be a good thing. What do you folks think?"
Jack frowned. "I mean, nobody's saying there's two mafias and a third party, right? That does sound like it'd be a lot to deal with. I was talking about two mafias, no third parties. Not saying that's likelier than one mafia and a third party or whatever, but just two mafias was what I was talking about there. And..." He squinted at Cygnus for a moment. "Why are you talking about everyone being secretly a thug like it's unlikely-but-possible? If you're town, you already know not everyone's a thug."

Jack looked around over the others once again, but kept glancing back at Cygnus. "Honestly I'm not a huge fan of Phoebe. She seems like she's been kind of resistant to the idea of trying to solve anything, really quickly agreeing with the first person to suggest no elimination and worrying about third parties and how eliminating anyone would just be vibes. But I'm not a huge fan of the votes on her right now either, and Cygnus has kind of been sowing confusion and overfocused on third parties too, and I feel like he may have just made a for-real slip here? Like, everyone's actually a thug is a crack theory you could come up with if you're one, but if you're town you already know there's at least one townie?"

He took a breath. "Yeah, I'm voting Cygnus."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Typed up a whole big defense b/c I genuinely don't know how I can be "resistant to solving" anything when I have nothing that's useful to solve anything, but I figured that would probably make me suspicious or something I don't know, so I'm nixing it in favor of something shorter. It's too early in the game to get this frustrated (yet here I am lol, mafia amirite?)

Justification on bringing up mimes: I'm not familiar with this role, it's new to me. I thought it was an interesting point to not forget about when the person before me mentioned eliminations (given that's typically the town's only weapon, and in this game it's likely the town is equipped with *other* weapons that aren't only day eliminations, so what an interesting twist it would be to give town a new weapon and put a drawback on their usual one).

Definitely not the first time I've made a wild guess using mafiawiki/list of possible roles in a game and been wrong about something in the early stages 🤷‍♀️ ]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Stracion waved a hand lazily. “Hey, Pheebs, it’s fiiine, anything sus at this point is sus by like, five percent tops. If you’re a homie, I doubt any of it’ll stick by tomorrow.”

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Phoebe rubbed at one of the flower petals behind her ear. "Hah, you're right, thanks," she said, clipped of some of her earlier enthusiasm. "Just have to make it to tomorrow first."

Then, suddenly, she clapped both her hands to her cheeks. "Snap out of it!" she coached herself, pumping both hands down into fists. "Positive thinking!"

The self-slap seemed to have done the trick, as her usual smile was back in place like it had never left. "Sorry," she announced, as if this was a perfectly normal thing to do. "I try not to let the negative thoughts take over."

Her gaze flicked to a shadowy corner of the room, and then back to the group at large. "Otherwise the spirits get restless."

Top Bottom