• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Team Skull Recruitment Mafia (5th Anniversary Mafia)

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Chibi's plan relies on not saying who you'll heal]]
…[[I…missed this. I’m sorry. Okay scratch that plan I will NOT heal Pano lol]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"God DAMN you guys are the embodiments of 'getting shit done last minute,'" Guzma snickered. With a shake of his head, he stood up.

Votes:
tomatorade/Isaac - 6 (Starlight Aurate/Derek, HelloYellow17/Rui, FauxFox/Spencer, Flyg0n/Anubis, tomatorade/Isaac, Dragonfree/Jack)
HelloYellow17/Rui 1 (
Chibi Pika/Stracion)
Starlight Aurate/Derek - 1 (
Panoramic_Vacuum/Phoebe)

Guzma gestured to Isaac, lips pressed together in a sympathetic line.

"Sorry, man. Take your ass to the Dunce Room. GG."

tomatorade/Isaac was eliminated and sent to the Dunce Room. He was a Thug.

Night 3 Has Begun!
Countdown to Day 4

Day 4 New

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
There were no pancakes or brownies to greet the newest batch of this recruits. There was, however, a hastily-written note that read:

You idiots don't deserve this!

Along with an illegible signature scrawled beneath it. A trail of syrup and crumbs lead from the note, out the door, and into the Dunce Room.

--

Anubis waved to the group. "Good luck homies. Don't bark up the wrong tree."

Guzma had to laugh. "Well, shit. Didn't expect any of you little spitfucks to actually steal the food but I stand corrected. Anyway."

He turned back to the remaining players, a devious smirk playing on his lips. "And theeeennnnn there were five."

Starlight Aurate/Derek was eliminated and sent to the Dunce Room. He was a Homie.
Flg0n/Anubis was eliminated and sent to the Dunce Room. He was a Homie.

1. EonDuoLatios: Victoria Liu Xinlong (F)
  2. Panoramic_Vacuum: Phoebe Hawea (F)
  3. FauxFox: Spencer Roberts (M)
  4. Dragonfree: Jack Ray (M)
  5. ShiniGojira: Cygnus Plein (M)
  6. HelloYellow17: Rui Everlin (F)
  7. Chibi Pika: Stracion Decora (F)
  8. unrepentantAuthor: Sriracha (M)
  9. Starlight Aurate: Derek Cummings (M)
  10. Flyg0n: Anubis (M)
  11. tomatorade: Isaac (M)

Day 4 Has Begun!
Countdown to Night 4

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jack stepped out, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, blinking. "Oooookay. That's not great. Well, I'm pretty sure it's got to be Phoebe and Rui at this point? The more I look at how Rui was acting towards the end of things yesterday, the less I like it. Hold on while I review."

[[It's 3AM, so I will get into proper analysis tomorrow, but. Rui's EoD was pretty off, I think, and Phoebe's the partner that makes the most sense, besides that Spencer is almost-certainly-confirmed and I'm just very convinced Stracion is town at this point.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Leeeemme guess--Pheebs shot at Derek? Oof. Y'know, the instant that Isaac got flagged as a hater, my first thought was that Derek had to be a homie because he straight-up started that train. Buuuut that was after the doors got closed, soooo it's not like there was a chance to say it."

"Aanyway, uh. I mean there's not really much left? It's pure process of elim, bay-bee. Still feeling solid on Jack, plus he's the one who pushed that train when I was voting elsewhere, so I'm even more sure he's a homie. Spencer pretty much depends entirely on how likely you think fake rolecards are, simple as that. Phoebe's either a Vig or an SK but deffo not a thug."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Phoebe looked far less concerned about the food than she did with the fact that two people had been sent to the Dunce room that night.

"Before anyone asks, I aimed where I voted, and that was for Derek." And she'd been wrong.

She then looked at Spencer, worry coloring her face. "Stracion's plan didn't work. Weren't you supposed to protect Anubis? What happened?"

She hugged her arms to herself. "That's the second person you were supposed to protect who got eliminated that night. That has me worried that we either have two haters in our midst still, or Spencer can't be trusted."

"I don't like either of those options. Especially since we found one of the haters already."

[[Two eliminations... Strongshot? Roleblock? A lying doc? All of those imply different things.

If it's a strongshot, was it a *second one*? If it was a roleblock, that means there's *two* scum left. Those are not good odds...]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"I think there was like, a game where the thugs got two strong shots and where the same thug could kill and roleblock on the same night?" Stracion said, flinging the crumpled magazine onto the table. "Not the usual deal, but it's happened at least once, apparently."

[[4th Anniversary Vanilla Mafia had a low-numbers scumteam so they got some perks to help even things out, and those were the two perks.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Phoebe's eyes went wide, forming a small O with her mouth. "I didn't know that," she said in a tiny voice.

[[Welp of course there would be. I assumed the block and shot would have to be by separate people. Ughhhh. Is there some world where we still have two scum tho? All I'm saying is at this point we're getting low enough that a mis-elimination is not good, and even worse if we've still got two haters to deal with]]

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
She then looked at Spencer, worry coloring her face. "Stracion's plan didn't work. Weren't you supposed to protect Anubis? What happened?"

She hugged her arms to herself. "That's the second person you were supposed to protect who got eliminated that night. That has me worried that we either have two haters in our midst still, or Spencer can't be trusted."
“Dude I wish I knew what happened, I’m just as confused by this is you are,” Spencer explained. "All I know is that I'm a real doc, as is shown by myself saying Anubis was not a PGO back on day two since I visited him night one, and that I posted my rolecard at the same time as Anubis and Sriracha. I get that you still think that I may be suspicious because of the possibility of fake rolecards, but I promise that mine is real."

"Also, if I was a hater, why would I kill the people who I'm supposed to be trying to protect? That would pile suspicion on to me and call my claim into question, like my healing targets dying is now. Also, every time one of my targets died, it was only after I was told to heal them, so who I am healing has been public knowledge for a few days now. Anyone trying to take out some confirmed homies while putting suspicions on someone else would most likely go for the known doctor target."

"I think there was like, a game where the thugs got two strong shots and where the same thug could kill and roleblock on the same night?" Stracion said, flinging the crumpled magazine onto the table. "Not the usual deal, but it's happened at least once, apparently."
"That would make since with how many docs we have this game. Three confirmed docs who are already dead, one doc who's essentially confirmed but has also failed in every attempt he's made -that being myself- and then four more doc claims of which we lost one more, who flipped homie anyway. That leaves us with four doc claims in the final five, so an extra strong shot or roleblock would make sense," Spencer reasoned.

[[The one thing I noticed about Sriracha's elimination was the lack of strongman kill flavor by the GM. Granted this isn't a guarantee and probably varies by GM, but most (if not all?) of my TR Mafia experiences had specific flavor to hint at a strongman elimination, of which I missed several times! It's why I paid attention to it this time, specifically. This isn't foolproof b/c again, GM style varies, but lack of strongman flavor here suggests roleblock interference. and AFIK there is no swapping present in this setup per the sign up thread list of possible roles.]]
[Could the missing food and crumb trail be strongman kill flavor, then yesterday might have been a roleblock with the two scum?]
[[Welp of course there would be. I assumed the block and shot would have to be by separate people. Ughhhh. Is there some world where we still have two scum tho? All I'm saying is at this point we're getting low enough that a mis-elimination is not good, and even worse if we've still got two haters to deal with]]
[I don't think it would be three scum with two still remained due to the small game, but if it is then one wrong elimination means game over. I'm leaning towards this being the first strongman shot, with the previous night being a roleblock.]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rui’s eyes widened at not one, but two people now missing from the group. Derek and Anubis…she hadn’t gotten to know either of them very well, but they had both seemed like genuinely enjoyable people to be in company with.

She bit her lip and shook her head. “I trusted Anubis, but I have to admit, I really wasn’t sure about Derek. I…was wrong about him. I’m sorry about that.” She meandered over to the snack table and absentmindedly nibbled on some Doritos, but it was more out of a desire to keep her hands occupied than actual hunger.

“Here’s the thing, if we do think there’s two thugs left, then that means we can’t afford to be wrong today.”

"That's the second person you were supposed to protect who got eliminated that night. That has me worried that we either have two haters in our midst still, or Spencer can't be trusted."
Rui shook her head firmly. “I don’t know. I said this earlier that it’s possible Spencer is a thug doctor, but revealing his role that day still would have been a big risk since his letter would then not be identical to the others. I don’t think Spencer would take that risk if he were scum. He’d just stay quiet. Plus, he has a point! Why would he shoot the people he’s supposed to protect? That just makes him look worse!”

She then gave Phoebe an apologetic look. “I’m really sorry, but I just don’t know if I can trust you! You’ve managed to shoot two of our teammates, even with so many doctors around. And now you’re trying to say that it might be because Spencer is a thug, but he just can’t be.”

[Could the missing food and crumb trail be strongman kill flavor, then yesterday might have been a roleblock with the two scum?]
[[This struck me as odd, too. Did we even get death flavor for anybody else? Idk if it’s a hint or not, but if it is, I have not a single clue what it means, lol. Syrup??

Anyways, hi. Hello, all, I am starting to stress the heck out with how few of us are left. 😂 I see that several of you are not liking my play at EOD, but no reasons as to why, yet—I’d really like to hear those reasons so I can address them. And hopefully ease your worries? I will do the best I can, in any case.

Here’s the thing, I am feeling some type of way about Pano and I have since the beginning. It’s possible she’s a Vig who shot wrong, but are we willing to take that risk? We’re down to the wire here and one wrong elimination could lose the game for us, assuming there are two scum out there. Not only that, but the possibility of another death in the night?? This could very well be our last day phase if we don’t shape up. I’m not taking my chances.]]

VOTE: Phoebe

@Sinderella

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Stracion shrugged. “I just don’t think there’s two haters left. Having two shots coming from the same side in a chaos game is weird. I still think Vig or SK makes more sense. I get the logic of voting Pheebs out first as a safety net or whatever. One nightkill’s better than two, and all that. But after that it’s pretty obvious where we’ll be tomorrow.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma

[[4th Anniversary Vanilla Mafia had a low-numbers scumteam so they got some perks to help even things out, and those were the two perks.]]
"...Huh," Jack said, scratching his chin. "I'd been assuming there were definitely at least three scum players in play, one way or another. I mean, with eleven players, and so much healing going around...? Just two mafia and a town-controlled kill in this setup seems like it'd be pretty slanted. I guess if they had some really strong powers, like you're saying, it might work...?" He frowned. "But I'm really not convinced that we only ever had two anti-town players in all this. Maybe you're right that they're at least less likely to be partners, though."

Anyways, hi. Hello, all, I am starting to stress the heck out with how few of us are left. 😂 I see that several of you are not liking my play at EOD, but no reasons as to why, yet—I’d really like to hear those reasons so I can address them. And hopefully ease your worries? I will do the best I can, in any case.
"Right. There were two main things that struck me about how Rui was acting towards the end yesterday. One was that when Stracion suggested voting for her as an acknowledged sort of arbitrary pick, just the one vote, she got a bit weirdly defensive about it."

[[Well…ok then.

Do we really want to vote people out based on nothing but vibes this far into the game when we haven’t eliminated a single scum? We’ve lost 4 town members and will stand to lose another. If you’re going to vote me, at the very least give me a real reason beyond “vibes.”
"But okay, sure, townies get defensive sometimes, and sometimes I scumread that and the person turns out to be town anyway. What I found weirder was her progression on Phoebe."

Honestly though, it comes down to tomatorade or Pano for me. I’m not familiar with Tomatorade’s style, so I have no idea what to make of it, but it does seem very shifty and smoke-blowy and it’s setting off all kinds of alarms in my head. But maybe that’s just how they play?? Idk??? It’s still SUS AF though, especially since I don’t really buy that there’s a town aligned PGO in this setup. Idk. Is PGO normally a town role? Or can it be anything?

Pano is stressing me out lol. (Ily Pano.) Her defensiveness and aggressive pushing here reminds me a lot of when she was SK (or scum? Idr) a while back and the way she responded when placed under suspicion. But then again, maybe this is the way she always behaves when under scrutiny? She usually dies in the night instead lol. Which. LUCKY. Dying in the night is WAY less stressful than getting voted out in the day, LOL.

Anyway…HNGH I’ve made up my mind that it’s gotta be tomato or Pano today. They’re both setting off my alarms like crazy.
"Here she thinks Phoebe is super suspicious."

Chibi’s argument in favor of Pano is starting to make sense. I’m still sus as heck of Pano, but for now I think I gotta go with the bigger wild card. Pano is at least theorizing and trying to game solve and come up with explanations. Tomatorade…hasn’t really don’t that. At most they’ve just kinda waffled around, which—yeah, as I’m saying that, is a scum tell. Ok I’ve made up my mind.
"This is the next thing she said. Okay, Stracion's argument is starting to make sense, but she's still suspicious of Phoebe. Fair enough. But..."

[[Aight, how’s this: tonight, I will heal Pano. Odds are good she’ll get targeted being the vig which is a threat to scum.]]
"Suddenly, literally five minutes later, she wants to heal Phoebe because she's going to get targeted as a threat to scum. So suddenly she's just assuming Phoebe's town? That didn't seem right."

Jack tilted his head. "Actually that might also be an indication that they're not on a team together? Because suddenly assuming Phoebe's town near EoD sounds like a slip you'd make if you actually figure she's town? I guess I'd need to look at their interactions better to be sure."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"But I'm really not convinced that we only ever had two anti-town players in all this. Maybe you're right that they're at least less likely to be partners, though."
“Nah, I can totally see us still having two anti-homies hangin around, I just got doubts about them being on the same side is all.”

Stracion stretched widely and yawned. “Aaanywho, should go without saying but my vote last night wasn’t exactly vibes. It was, uh, math and shit. Yeah.”

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
[Before I post this, I would like to formally apologize for writing an essay in the game of mafia. There will be a tl;dr at the end.]
"If there are two scum remaining, then we shouldn't vote Phoebe out today unless we are confident she is one of them, which we are not. Even if there is only one, its better to keep someone who is most likely a homie around instead of axing them for being somewhat of a liability." Spencer tapped the table in front of him.

"We have five left, so if we have two scum then we lose today on a wrong guess, and we lose tomorrow if we have another double kill without the scum dying. If we have one scum, my money is on Rui. But if we have two scum remaining, then I'll bet that it is Jack and Stracion, since the two of them have been cooperating for a while. I've done some thinking, here's what I've come up with.
I’m not 100% town on Chibi, Free or Yellow, which I know makes me sus since everyone else reads them as hard town. Or at least, Yellow thinks I’m sus since I’m not hard town for Chibi when she is. Which makes me wonder if their doctor claims are untrue and they’re working together.]]
I just don't get why several people are determined that Stracion is Town? Rui is suspicious of me for this, but I don't feel like I'm overly fixated on Stracion, just that she doesn't feel particularly Town because I haven't seen many things that are super helpful from her, imo. I'll try to go back and read through while I'm at work/on break. But Isaac's defense of "yeah Stracion may be lying about being a doc but I trust her anyways" has me going HNGGGGG]]
"As you can see here, the recently eliminated Derek mentions suspicions of Jack, Rui, and Stracion. Derek also mentions Issac's statement about Stracion's role, but we'll get back to that in a minute."
He glanced at Stracion. “Why Rui? We have less than an hour left, you’re also not confident about Isaac. Are you just trying to prevent him being voted off until everyone else speaks up?”
"Here, the now departed from playing the game Derek question's Stracion's choice of voting Rui when Issac had been accused and evidence to vote against Issac was being posted without any evidence for voting Rui at the time. The same Issac who was, in fact, not one of the homies."
"I mean, I've got a feeling I know who most people are at this point [[*cough* the entire emergency ward *cough*]], I think Stracion and Jack are safe even if Stracion's not a doctor
"Notice here how Issac, who flipped scum when voted out specifies how Jack and Stracion are safe, and suggests that Stracion isn't a doctor, despite no once one having called into question what Stracion's role is, other than the usual commentary on every doctor claim this game. At this point, we have no evidence to assume that Stracion is not a doctor other than the late claim, and being called safe by a non-homie doesn't create the best look for someone who isn't confirmed."
“Both nights Jack. Yeah, I know, real original, add another to the fish-boy fan club. He was making sense day 1, and on day 2, I figured you guys had your little heal triangle thing going on, but if there was a second killer around, might as well protect the guy making the most sense who we already knew wasn’t a redneck.”
"Notice here, Stracion heals Jack. Of course, this isn't suspicious on its own, and sensible reasonings is placed alongside it. But the possibility of two scum makes Stracion -who is suspicious thanks to an endorsement from Issac- suspicious, and the possibility of three makes Jack suspicious by proxy." Spencer pointed from Stracion to Jack. "At this point I'm sure that this just sounds like the ramblings of an overthinker, but I'm not done yet."
"Likewise here she's clearly actively advancing theories she knows to be false if she's actually the vig who shot him. She's even hinting she's got a vig read on either Stracion or Victoria? I don't know. Generally townies tell the truth as they see it, but going out of your way to fake a read on someone else as having the role that you have? That's at least unusual."
"Here, Jack mentions suspicions of Phoebe in reference to her Vigi claim and previous mention of the possibility of a Vigi without claiming to be one. This aforementioned theories of Phoebe were from well before we learned that the roles of this game were supplied by a med school, so Phoebe may have been trying to divert attention while alluding to her role early game, as a Vigi reveal would be like wearing a sign that says "punch me" in a normal game of mafia. This doesn't mean I trust Phoebe, I'm just saying that Jack's callout here seems a little off. Maybe even, unusual. Jack might be a homie, I'm just bringing this up as something to keep in mind, especially since Jack is using Rui's mention of Phoebe being suspicious as evidence against Rui."
"Still really curious what you mean by this. If you trust Stracion, why not trust her doctor claim? I would almost think you're actually lovers except we were promised there wouldn't be any."
"I'm very curious what he means about thinking Stracion's safe even if she's not a doctor. So you think she'd be fakeclaiming but still town? What's that supposed to mean? Still wish he said more about his suspicions than just sort of vaguely throwing out that he's suspicious based on vibes."
"We can see Jack question Issac about trusting Stracion but not Stracion's doctor claim. Issac never elaborated [that I could find], so this lends some credence to Jack being town unless the scumteam is playing 5d chess here."
Free/Chibi: Pretty certain they're town. I fell like I've made it seem like I have some sort of concrete proof of that, but I don't. They've made the most sense to me so far. Free especially has done so much work this game and haven't to my knowledge said or done anything contradictory or suspect in my eyes. This does not 100% clear, but without absolute proof, they're my next reads as town.
"Issac, who again, was a Thug, brings up how he trusts Jack and Stracion when pressed for a readlist by Rui. Issac mentions a lack of proof, but believes they are homies while distrusting Phoebe, Rui, and Derek. As Jack has now said something contradictory if you recall my mentioning of Jack suspecting Phoebe and now using Rui's suspicions of Phoebe as evidence of suspicion, this contradicts Issac's point of Jack being consistent. Furthermore, why Rui push Issac for a readlist if Rui is scum too?"
"Anubis and Spencer trust each other so they heal each other. Jack and I trust each other, same deal. Haters might have a roleblocker or another strong shot, but it's our best bet. Now, if Phoebe's still here after the vote, then her shot's gotta go somewhere, right? Obviously at someone sus. Isaac's PGO claim makes him a bad call because if we're wrong our numbers go down by two, which is a big yikes. So it should obvs go to either Derek or Rui. Speaking of, Derek heals either Anubis or Spencer, Rui aims at me or Jack. Don't say who."
"And finally, we have Stracion's plan. A plan that specifically tells the Vigi to not shoot the suspicious person due to their fake claim, though of course it would be reasonable if the claim was true. A plan that set me up to heal someone who got killed anyway, took focus off of both Jack and Stracion, and put the chances of death on Rui and Derek instead of telling them to heal each other when they were both claiming doc too. Wouldn't three doc duos made more sense than two, especially if we wanted to figure out who the fake was? Now we have four doc claims and a vigi claim who can, at the very least, kill even if they aren't vigi, and no closer to actually figuring out who is scum."

"So long story short, due to being called safe by not-a-homie Issac and for coming up with a plan that caused the most night deaths so far this game, I'm going to vote Stracion."
[Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk]

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
"And one more thing I forgot to mention," Spencer piped back up, "Stracion never claimed to heal Jack until after Anubis did, possibly giving Stracion the chance to fakeclaim doc on someone who she knew couldn't call her out for it."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Stration leaned her head back and sighed heavily. "Easiest freaking day phase in the world, and now I have to actually work for it ughhh."

"Annnnyway it should be pretty freaking obvious why I didn't ask the other two docs to heal each other--one of them had to lying, duh. Like, mathematically, there was literally no other option. I know I'm legit, I trust Jack, you and Anubis were confirmed, who else could I possibly suspect? Aquaman?? By the end of the day, I was already starting to think Derek was legit and said as much, so there was literally just Rui left. I didn't want to risk Derek healing her."

"That's why my vote for her wasn't just vibes. Calculated all the way down. And it meant we'd get to see the reactions to it. It would've been the easiest freaking thing in the world to bus Isaac if I were a hater, but I went for the vote that'd get us more info."

"The problem now is that if Phoebe IS an SK, then she probably doesn't want to get the last hater voted out because that leaves her as the only sus person left, so this just went from being a guaranteed win to actually a bad time. So, uh, Pheebs... I guess I really really home you're a homie now, lol. Don't vote for Spence--if you really really think that fake rolecards are definitely a super real thing, lay it out for me, but like, otherwise don't vote for him."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Right, I see that Free listed out her concerns, so I’ll do my best to address those! Thank you for laying it out so clearly, I really do appreciate it.]]

"Right. There were two main things that struck me about how Rui was acting towards the end yesterday. One was that when Stracion suggested voting for her as an acknowledged sort of arbitrary pick, just the one vote, she got a bit weirdly defensive about it."
[[Yeah, I’ll be honest, I wasn’t at my best here. Hasn’t been the best week for me irl, I only remembered to check the thread when there was like 20 minutes left of the phase, and I saw a vote had been placed on me with no real reasons given for it. Considering the fact that I was a bit blindsided by this, combined with the fact that in my mind we had at least two or three other players who were far more concerning, I was frustrated. In hindsight, I know that my kneejerk reaction didn’t do me any favors; that’s easily one of my weakest spots in this game. I get easily frustrated when people throw votes on me without at least explaining beyond “vibes.”]]
"Suddenly, literally five minutes later, she wants to heal Phoebe because she's going to get targeted as a threat to scum. So suddenly she's just assuming Phoebe's town? That didn't seem right."
[[…Yeah, I can see how this looks really weird. If you’ll bear with me, I’ll explain my thought process here:

I did state that, despite voting for Isaac, I was still sus AF of Phoebe. But we were down to the wire and I needed to make a decision. Chibi made a decent-ish point about the probability of a town vig forced shooter existing, but it wasn’t enough to cast off my suspicion. The real nail in the coffin was when I compared tomatorade’s playstyle to Pano’s; Pano, at least, had been actively involved with theorycrafting, while tomatorade just kinda went with the flow and didn’t dive in as much. That struck me as the more suspicious behavior between the two, and I decided to vote for the greater of two evils. This never changed my mind about Phoebe, though, only convinced me that Isaac was a more likely guilty party.

As for opting to heal Pano, I said this because, in my skimming through the thread, it appeared that the docs had all agreed to cover one another to some extent. Pano isn’t a doc, and I didn’t see anybody saying they would heal her, so I offered to do my part. I didn’t want to offer to heal someone who had already been covered—which is ironic, because in my panic skim reading, I completely missed the part where Chibi asked me to choose between them or Free for heals. Lol. In my defense, that was in a textwall with no ping, the thread was moving fast, and I had 15 minutes to try to defend myself and decide who to vote for. It was a lot! 😅

That’s about all I have to say on that, and I think that covers everything? Let me know if I missed something. I have more thoughts to share regarding Fox’s vote on Stracion, but I’ll break this up into two posts to avoid a giant slog of text.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[…aight, I said that, but then got busy with irl family stuff and now I’m exhausted haha. Will post in the morning, promise!]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
“KAY I thought about it and can we just vote Pheebs and then if the game’s still going tomorrow we vote Rui? We literally have a perfect wincon right there because if we vote Phoebe the game literally freaking can’t end tonight because she has the second shot. And in the bizarro world where Pheebs somehow made both shots last night… well it covers that too.”

“If Jack is scum then he gets the Oscar forever and I’ve accepted my dunce hat. If you want me to vote Spence, give me a 10-page thesis on why fake rolecards are real. FRICK.”

Stration slammed back the rest of her energy drink, threw the can on the floor and crushed it.

Vote: Phoebe

Top Bottom