• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Team Skull Recruitment Mafia (5th Anniversary Mafia)

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Im at work and doing this on mobile so quoting is a pain and I’ll just do the best I can ^_^;

As far as no strongman flavour in the kill last night: good point, I hadn’t thought of that. I’m not 100% set on it since this is Sinds first time GMing a game on TR so I’m not ruling it out of possibilities.

I was *kinda* around EOD for day 2, but was just refreshing the page on mobile while I was at work 🥲 So I didn’t have the time or ability to keep up with the posts or to copy and paste my role pm at the same time; I could only watch lol.

I’m sorry you’re feeling frustrated, Pano! I think you’ve definitely been contributing and have made good points. Part of why I struggle with Mafia is that I don’t like accusing people and hurting other peoples feelings, and you and I have been scumbuddies before and so I don’t like voting for you XD It makes sense to me from your POV that Tetra and Fox could be collaborating scumbuddies for posting the exact same DM. Any Town who has the doctor role (which I know is not you) MUST KNOW FOR A FACT that those two cannot be scum because their role PMS are word-for-word the same as the doc ones. The fact that I received the exact same role and message is the biggest reason why I’m defending them so hard, so if you’re not one of the 5 million doctors here, then I totally get why you aren’t as solid on them.

For now, I’m keeping my vote where it is. I’m agreeing with what Free said about Isaac being smoke-blowey but am still ??? On her doctor claim. Could be a bluff to hide having some sort of info role or other power role.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"I dunno man, the more I think about it, the more mandatory-shot vig just makes sense. Multiple heals needs multiple kills for proper chaos. Only thing that's still bugging me is that it'd be stupid easy for an SK to fake being a vig, especially if you were an SK who had to shoot every night. Lemme reread some stuff."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Stracion waved a crumpled magazine in the air. "Also, like, the guidebook tells SKs to not go the vig-claim route, and Pheebs strikes me as the paranoid type who wouldn't go for a risky strat that the guidebook says to not try, y'know?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Wait, waaaaait I might've just found a solve, hear me out--"

"Anubis and Spencer trust each other so they heal each other. Jack and I trust each other, same deal. Haters might have a roleblocker or another strong shot, but it's our best bet. Now, if Phoebe's still here after the vote, then her shot's gotta go somewhere, right? Obviously at someone sus. Isaac's PGO claim makes him a bad call because if we're wrong our numbers go down by two, which is a big yikes. So it should obvs go to either Derek or Rui. Speaking of, Derek heals either Anubis or Spencer, Rui aims at me or Jack. Don't say who."

"So like. Some of the above are lying. Duh. But if Phoebe's a hater she would get locked into killing someone sus anyway, or else she'd look pretty bad. We know none of the homie docs are gonna heal those two. I guess a mafia doc could heal one of 'em. But like, they can't heal themselves, and would they seriously pass up a free kill?"

"Aaaaaand this is all forgetting that one of those four needs to get voted out. Frick." Stracion gnawed on the edge of her plastic cup. Apparently her foolproof plan wasn't so foolproof. Also the clock was ticking.

"Man, I dunno, I was sus of Phoebe but I keep thinking of reasons she might be legit? I get why people would wanna do a policy vote just to keep the nightkills down, but eh. Too easy. I guess I'm voting Rui?? Nothing obviously off, just a bunch of mashed potato, and that's all I got (yeah, I know she'd have to have a buddy so I'm stuck revisiting derek/isaac/phoebe eventually shut up)."

Vote: Rui

"Also side note but I think Guzma probs expected way more kills by now, like could you IMAGINE if Jack rolled PGO lmao."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Also like... is anyone else voting? I don't even care if no one joins me on this one at least vote for someone so we know who's really pushing for what. It'd be pretty damn convenient for the haters if they didn't even have to get caught on a wagon."

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
“Less than thirty minutes left and only two votes? So, with a tie… do we get an extension, or is one person being eliminated?”

He glanced at Stracion. “Why Rui? We have less than an hour left, you’re also not confident about Isaac. Are you just trying to prevent him being voted off until everyone else speaks up?”

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Phoebe chewed her bottom lip, deep in concentration. This was so messy. At least Stracion had some sort of a plan?

"It's so strange no one's voting, or talking about voting. Except you. That's good. What's not good is that at this rate, Isaac is the one who is going to be voted out." She glanced down at her rules pamphlet. "It says ties are lost by the first person to reach the tying vote amount."

Nervously, she looked back at Stracion. "I'm okay with your plan. There's nothing stopping Derek or Rui from healing each other if they're both doctors, although I guess in that case we don't accidentally lose another homie in the night. We also don't find any haters either."

Her lip chewing intensified. "I guess if I do hit one of them and they're protected, that works as a role confirmation, which is good."

"Hey, Mister Guzma? What counts as a last minute vote train? We have less than 30 minutes left... I don't want it to come to a tie. At least not with Isaac. If he's telling the truth, and he is a homie, then scum has to waste both a block and a shot to take him out in the night. That's resources they can't use to take out a doctor."

[[can PGO be blocked?? Either way, forcing the mafia to shoot at Isaac is a town boon. I'd rather not vote him out now when we definitely have an imposter doc in the group.

Also asking what a last minute vote train counts as? I don't really want an extension because I'll be asleep for most of it, and then I'll be at work for the rest of it.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"I don't want it to be unanimous with only two votes and no evidence. At least if I vote for someone else, we can see how people react and who they pick and try to read it."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
  7. chinchou
Jack flipped through more pages of his notebook, eyes straining. "Allll right, here's what I've got on Rui."

She took another bite and spoke around a mouthful of brownie. “I mean, to jump the gun without information feels like we’re more likely to shoot ourselves in the foot than not, right? So not eliminating is probably for the b—”

She’d barely gotten the words out when suddenly votes started flying around. Wait, what? Frankly, she was still wrapping her head around the Chinchou kid who said he was a Pokemorph (???) and she’d at least been hoping to get everybody’s name and maybe enjoy some more small talk first, but, well…maybe not.

“Wow, some of you are really going for it, huh?” She polished off the rest of the brownie before grabbing another. “Hmm. Well, I don’t want to eliminate anybody yet, but votes can be a good source of information, too. So, I’ll vote for…um, Phoebe! That was your name, right?” She threw a smile to the bubbly ghost girl. “Sorry. Please don’t take that the wrong way. Love your hair, by the way.”

Vote: Phoebe
"Originally she was on my radar because of the way her vote on Phoebe played out on day one. First, she places this pressure vote, but it comes with an 'I don't want to eliminate anybody yet' and no questioning or anything, so it doesn't really have any teeth as a pressure vote..."

“If we had more information to go off of, I might agree with you. But since we don’t, I’m against the idea of eliminating anybody today, you know?”

She gave Phoebe an apologetic look. “Sorry again. But hey, if nothing changes before our day is up, I’ll make sure to change my vote!” Maybe Phoebe was a bad guy and maybe she wasn’t, but it just didn’t feel fair to boot her out at complete random. And, come on, they had just started to become friends. Maybe Rui selfishly wanted more time to hang out with her—was that so bad? The point of games was to have fun, after all.
"And then next post, after getting another vote on Phoebe, she immediately explicitly said she was going to change her vote, but didn't actually change it - just kind of let it hang there. Still wondering what was up with that."

Phoebe had pointed a vote right back at Victoria with a smile. Which was fair enough, since Rui had been considering voting for her if nobody else did; pushing for an elimination this early had her raising a metaphorical eyebrow, but she wasn’t about to give her the boot over it—not so early in the game, anyway.

Rui shot her hand up in the air, even rising to her tiptoes for good measure. “Well, I’m officially changing my vote! I’m going neutral!”
"Then she says she was considering voting for Victoria, even though she'd only ever said she wanted no-elimination that day. All in all I didn't like that progression, and thought it seemed like she was trying to quickly distance from Victoria. But then Victoria flipped town, so that was definitely not it at least for that bit. Rest feels kind of iffy now, but would like to hear why she let the vote sit."

[[So…yeah. Y’all have no idea the sheer DREAD I felt when I returned to the thread and realized I’d missed the deadline and—I kid you not—TEN PAGES OF BACKLOG. Irl has frankly been a massive poo storm lately, and Sunday was especially busy, so by the time I remembered to check the thread, the day had closed and I’d missed everything. 🫠
"I do think she seems sincere about just missing most of day two. It didn't seem like a suspiciously timed absence, not like she disappeared when anything in particular was going down, and IRL can be like that. So I'll believe her on that one."

Rui furrowed her brow in thought and clasped her hands behind her back. “You know, I was having the same train of thought. But I guess we were both wrong if Phoebe’s claim is true!” She gave the other girl a grin. “I’m kind of torn. On one hand, I think Phoebe is telling the truth that she has a night power, even one that can take out other players. But I don’t know if I believe she’s a vigilante. In fact, I’m starting to wonder if she’s actually a third party—a serial killer, even?

“Think about it. If town really has four doctors (five, if Victoria was telling the truth, and even six, if Stracion is, too), then would they really need a vigilante? I mean, a vigilante could still shoot a fellow town member, true, but once the doctors started revealing themselves and working together, then town would be crazy powerful. I feel like it’s more likely that you’re a third party trying to blend in with town.”
"Mmmm. This does kind of make sense to me, with respect to town power - if the only killing apart from the mafia's one were town-controlled, and there's so many doctors around, that seems pretty odd? Although the mafia might have roleblocking and strongman or something."

Oh, and my reason for only placing Chibi as soft town and for why I’m leaning sus for Free: both of them have conveniently claimed doctor, and Pano makes a good point about the possibility of a scum doc. This is why Chibi isn’t totally in the clear for me—their reaction definitely cements them as doc imo, but that doesn’t mean they are town. As for Free, I’m waffling SO much because I don’t think I believe her doc claim, BUT she seems towny to me, aghhhh. screw it I’m throwing Free into neutral sus jail and leaving her there to think about her sins. 😂 I do wanna hear more from her and Chibi though.]]
"I'm not sure about the idea of mafia doctor reacting with surprise at the idea of someone claiming town doctor, honestly? Why would they? Unless I guess they were trying to feign surprise for the purposes of a fakeclaim?"

[[to be fair, that was only a mild reason for me side-eying you! I agree that Chibi shouldn’t be automatically trusted as town for their claim—technically nobody should be, though I think Fox and Tetra have pretty much cemented their standing. I mean, I guess one of them could be a mafia doctor, and just tweaked their role PM a little, but that still would have been REAL heckin risky and I don’t think either of them would have taken that chance if they were scum.
"I don't think they could've easily just tweaked it because they'd need to like, have the exact same wording for the town win condition, right...? I feel like the only way it can be them is if the mafia got fake PMs. Or at least a fake version of the town win condition? Maybe that's more likely?"

Pano is stressing me out lol. (Ily Pano.) Her defensiveness and aggressive pushing here reminds me a lot of when she was SK (or scum? Idr) a while back and the way she responded when placed under suspicion. But then again, maybe this is the way she always behaves when under scrutiny? She usually dies in the night instead lol. Which. LUCKY. Dying in the night is WAY less stressful than getting voted out in the day, LOL.
"Hmmm... It does kind of remind me of that too, yeah."

Honestly though, it comes down to tomatorade or Pano for me. I’m not familiar with Tomatorade’s style, so I have no idea what to make of it, but it does seem very shifty and smoke-blowy and it’s setting off all kinds of alarms in my head. But maybe that’s just how they play?? Idk??? It’s still SUS AF though, especially since I don’t really buy that there’s a town aligned PGO in this setup. Idk. Is PGO normally a town role? Or can it be anything?
"PGO's more often town, apparently. But like I mentioned earlier, not sure about this setup."

He shook his head. "Okay, I found myself doing a lot of just responding to stuff she said because there wasn't all that much there that really struck me much. The stuff that made me suspect her on day one didn't really continue. I don't know. I'm not sure about her, but I felt worse about Isaac reading back through his stuff, and I'm still not sure town PGO actually makes all that much sense in this setup, and my brain is melting, so I guess I'll go Isaac and be done with it."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Last minute vote train means if somebody suddenly gets an influx of votes within the last hour of the phase when they might not have had any previously,” Guzma replied.

tomatorade

The great speckled bird
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. quilava
  2. buizel
[[aaaaaaah I'm late and things have happened. I barely know what's happening but I'm fine voting a doctor. I'm kinda waiting to see if yellow will defend herself but time is slipping away.]]

Isaac reached out, hand scraping the bottom of an empty bowl of doritos. He sighed.

"Well, I can't blame you guys for the suspicion. I kinda get Stracion's plan and I thought weeding out a fake doctor was a better vote. So, sorry Derek, but my money's on you."

Vote Starlight

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Well…ok then.

Do we really want to vote people out based on nothing but vibes this far into the game when we haven’t eliminated a single scum? We’ve lost 4 town members and will stand to lose another. If you’re going to vote me, at the very least give me a real reason beyond “vibes.”

I was really hoping we’d have some additional insight before EOD, but I’m still torn on who to vote for so AGH screw it

Chibi’s argument in favor of Pano is starting to make sense. I’m still sus as heck of Pano, but for now I think I gotta go with the bigger wild card. Pano is at least theorizing and trying to game solve and come up with explanations. Tomatorade…hasn’t really don’t that. At most they’ve just kinda waffled around, which—yeah, as I’m saying that, is a scum tell. Ok I’ve made up my mind.

Vote: Tomatorade

@Sinderella

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
I'm kinda waiting to see if yellow will defend herself but time is slipping away.]]
[[I mean I’m happy to defend myself but there’s not much I can say against “I’m voting you based on vibes” 😂 ]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Phoebe thought more about Stracion's plan, and she made a small frustrated noise. "But what if the haters could just block me and claim they got protection to confirm a fake doc claim? I'll still follow Stracion's plan, but I don't think I can reliably be used to confirm anyone's role. Not if there's a roleblocker out there..."

She frowned. "I don't know who to vote. I don't like all the doc claims out there, so it's a coin toss between Derek and Rui at this point, for me. Maybe that's a fault trying to find usefulness in Isaac and mine's roles."

She squeezed her eyes shut. "Vote Derek (Starlight). I'm sorry. You're the one who pushed for the non-docs to claim roles and I don't know if that was to try to distract from your doc claim or not."

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
  2. vulpix
"Sorry, I zoned out for a second there," Spencer said, looking around. "Alright, here's what I've picked up from what you all have said." [I read everything, just grabbing things I feel I should comment on.]
[[I have to bury my shot somewhere, so wasting it to confirm a role claim isn't a waste. I'm inclined to believe Jack at this point that we have no traditional info roles, and a must-shoot Vig in a set up with all doctors/doctor claims works like a role-cop in a way.
"I guess that makes enough sense, and while I still don't trust you, if you are town then your role is one we need. Just uh, please don't shoot me again," Spencer chuckled as he turned his focus.
"Anubis and Spencer trust each other so they heal each other. Jack and I trust each other, same deal. Haters might have a roleblocker or another strong shot, but it's our best bet. Now, if Phoebe's still here after the vote, then her shot's gotta go somewhere, right? Obviously at someone sus. Isaac's PGO claim makes him a bad call because if we're wrong our numbers go down by two, which is a big yikes. So it should obvs go to either Derek or Rui. Speaking of, Derek heals either Anubis or Spencer, Rui aims at me or Jack. Don't say who."
"That sounds like a pretty good strategy, I'm all in." Spencer added.

"I don't have much time to say anything though there is a lot I want to comment on. I'll just say something tomorrow if I survive the night. It seems like our best bet is to vote Issac, so that's what I'll do. Worst case scenario, we don't die if we visit the wrong person at the cost of a homie, best case scenario we take out a scum."

Vote: Issac/Tomotorade

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Aight, how’s this: tonight, I will heal Pano. Odds are good she’ll get targeted being the vig which is a threat to scum.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
[[I have no one to blame but myself and my own forgetfulness, and for that I apologize to my homies lol

Vote: tomatorade

I'm so sorry, this is a super rush skim vote instinct. Good luck everyone, good game tomato, it was awesome having you, no matter how this goes.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
  7. chinchou