• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Thousand Roads plays Pokemon. [interactive growing fic]

Kandykorn

Lion Apologist
Pronouns
They/Them
. . .

{P R O L O U G E}

"So we're really seeing if a community in large can create one timeline? We're building an AI that has thousands of brains, each telling it what to do for only a moment."

"Are we sure this will work?"

"It has to. test subject TR-001 has been specifically designed to follow the rules."

"Okay, start the simulation."

"What region should we choose?"

"Sinnoh."

"Okay then."

And the simulation began.

. . .

Hello!

Welcome to THOUSAND ROADS PLAYS POKEMON.

This is a collaborative storytelling experience where we, the THOUSAND ROADS COMMUNITY(tm). will write a standard journeyfic set in the Sinnoh Region. anyone can participate! just write the next chapter of the story (following our lovely rules)!

RULES:
1.) CANNON - Try to make the next chapter make sense. and if someone posts a chapter that dosn't line up with what you though was going to happen, then it's still cannon, so you still need to respect it.
2.) COOLDOWN - When you post a chapter, you may not post another untill someone who is not you posts a chapter.
3.) R E S P E C T - The features, teachers, staff and me (lyrics), no, in all reality, just be respectful. I don't think there should be a limit on like, cursing, but also, you know. Be respectful.
4.) Have fun :)

I'm going to not write the first chapter, as I really want to not overtake this with only my ideas, so have fun!

Let the simulation begin.

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
YES another forumventure joins the fray, well, sort of~
hm, leaning towards trying to set down a fundamental premise, whether to go with a gym-based journeyfic, a contest coordinator, or something else entirely like a pokemon academy student on an international study program like Kitakami DLC. There's also the anipoke-only stuff like pokeringer or similar events.

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
No one else has set a first chapter, so here I go. I'm not going to write too much here, just a little introduction so that there is plenty of space for someone else to build up from. And did I see... Simulation? I wonder if we can break it. Anyway, now its someone else's turn, good luck!

The Sinnoh Region! A wondrous corner of the world that is home to plentiful possibilities, particularly for Pokémon trainers such as yourself! (Ourself?) Be it under the seas, over the skies, or throughout the forests, or across the mountains, there is no shortage of Pokémon to be encountered. Whether you would seek to be a capable coordinator or a skillful champion, there is adventure around every corner.

“Beep Beep Beep! Beep Beep Beep!” The alarm clock on the dresser blared, the sun’s rays beaming through the window and illuminating the room.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Oh, hey, this is interesting! I'm not as familiar with Sinnoh's map, but I'll still try my best to contribute with my character. Is it okay if I put in someone who's visiting from another region?

Kandykorn

Lion Apologist
Pronouns
They/Them
Sure! Litterally no one has established anything (I've been busy, others haven't contributed yet), so you could absolutely make anything happen! Just remember this is a growing fic, and not nessicarily a rp!

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
In the sky above, a visitor decided to come to Sinnoh today. A humanoid Pidgeot was flying around, showing off in front of a Staraptor beside him.

“Hey there! Bet you’re surprised to see someone as ripped as me. Wanna hang out for a bit?”

The Pidgeot flexed his muscles, but the Staraptor was not impressed. She flew away without a word.

“Cold.”

The Pidgeot landed, taking a break after having traveled so far. He stretched his wings up and sighed.

“Man, how did I not get tired until now? Kalos must be super far now.”

He perked up when he heard some beeping noises from a house nearby, looking up at it.

“Huh? Oh, guess that means it’s early in the morning. I must’ve slept while flying here.”

Top Bottom