• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Third Anniversary Reviewing Challenge

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Third Anniversary Reviewing Challenge

For this year's anniversary, we're focusing on taking the time to catch up with fics we enjoy--those that had an overwhelming number of chapters to begin with, or those that we've just fallen a little behind on. With that in mind, this year's challeng is simple: review either five chapters of the same fic or three chapters of the same fic if that gets you caught up to the end! You can post a single review covering all chapters, write one review per chapter, or write them in any number of combinations so long as they total five chapters' worth or at least three to get caught up with a fic and you include at least 100 words per chapter. After completing the challenge, simply post in this thread with a link to your review(s) to claim them!

You have until the end of the anniversary event to claim your review(s)--countdown here. Good luck, and enjoy some reading on a fic you've been meaning to get stuck in on for a while!

Completing either this challenge or the anniversary writing challenge will qualify you to add a forum companion to your profile!

Last edited:

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3
No word-minimum this time?
(Like the usual 3 chapters == 750 or more words ; 5 chapters == 1250 or more words)

Reactions: K_S

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Yeah since my writing fic i am working reviewing cover to coveratthe moment has wildly has variable chapter length definitly need to know the word limits myself...

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Mmm, I was going to keep it casual, but enough people have asked me about this that I guess it would be better to set a hard line. So: 100 word minimum per chapter. Length of the chapter reviewed does not matter.

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Hello, I'm done and wanted to share. My thoughts on Obsession, though the chapter counter is wrong (my word kept "auto-correcting" and scrambling the chapter headings among other fun things when I transferred the forum to word to do line by line) I did complete the requisite chapters 5 chapters and the whole thing is now done.

MY THOUGHTS:
From the closing to avoid spoilers since I did to a line by line reaction to every chapter...

So far it's been a fun ride. A wonderful story with a deeply flawed protagonist who is relatable despite his flaws, and a lush world seen through distinctly odd eyes and vantage it almost seems unfamiliar. Despite that, it's not an unwelcome tour at all. The ominous build-up of politics and warring interests and self-discovery, as well as potentially fracturing relations, add a certain zest, and your attention to detail in the galleries, scenery, and whatnot has been quite a treat and been getting better as your tale progresses. Thank you so much for sharing.

The link.

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
I was supposed to do this last year week but I procrastinated so hard that I was successful again, apparently? Chapters 2-6 of Hey, Space Cadet! + one meme.

many thanks for hosting!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hello, I'm done and wanted to share. My thoughts on Obsession, though the chapter counter is wrong (my word kept "auto-correcting" and scrambling the chapter headings among other fun things when I transferred the forum to word to do line by line) I did complete the requisite chapters 5 chapters and the whole thing is now done.
These are fantastic! Congrats on being the first person to complete this year's challenge!

I was supposed to do this last year week but I procrastinated so hard that I was successful again, apparently? Chapters 2-6 of Hey, Space Cadet! + one meme.

many thanks for hosting!
Fantastic! I'm glad this gave you a good opportunity to catch up on your reviews!

Reactions: K_S

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
Does the "100 words per chapter" part mean that there must be at least 100 words concerning each chapter or just that the total word count of the review has to be the amount of chapters x 100? Like, for example, would a three-chapter catch-up review of 400 words not meet the requirements if there were 150 words for one chapter, 80 for the second and 170 for the last? Obviously it wouldn't count if the word counts were 0, 0 and 400, but if each chapter has at least something said about it, can an individual chapter have less than 100 words dedicated to it as long as the average word-count-per-chapter is 100+?

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Total review length should be 100 * number of chapters. The individual chapter content does not have to reach 100 so long as all chapters being claimed are addressed.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Five chapters for Once a Thief, which also happens to bring me up to date, I guess.

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Just finished up the last of five chapter reviews of PWCH, which puts me in a good spot to catch up with what's left before when a little bird told me that the next chapter will drop.

Every review is at least 2000 words long excluding quotes, and it's been a magical experience catching up on the story to the point where I'll be running into brand-new content. Very strongly recommended if you haven't already read the story for yourself.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Five chapters of Hey Space Cadet! reviewed! I am officially caught up. Wrote a little over 1000 words for the whole review so I think that qualifies me for the completion if I read the rules right (cuz lord knows I'm illiterate)

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Caught up to Weaversong! Highly recommend it for anyone who's a fan of PMD!

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Reviewed chapters 5-9 of Of Sand and Shadows! It's about 585 words for five chapters so hopefully that should count.

Top Bottom