• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Things get Dicey - Interactive PMD D&D story!

Kandykorn

Lion Apologist
Pronouns
They/Them
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Heroes. Made, not born. Heroes are normally forged through hardship. Through pain. But also through hope. And love. And truth.

You could be a hero.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Bright yellow void.

Quiet. For a second.

Then screaming.

Around you, three other people are dealing with the same situation you are. They’re far away, but you can make out some stuff about what they’re wearing. There’s a person in goth-y clothes, someone in a button down white shirt with suspenders, and someone in a yellow dress. All three of them are screaming.

You start to remember the weird invitation you’d got. A game of 'Dungeons and Druddigon.’ You accepted, being new to the Blueberry Academy, and wanting to make some new friends, you had accepted. You showed up in a room set up for the game with a bag of dice and a nervous sweat. The table, which was in a dorm of another student, was nice, and on it were battle maps and minis of lots of pokemon.

You remember the weird bottle in the middle of the table, and you remember the goth person picking it up and rubbing it.

You remember the golden toddler who popped out of it. A shiny hoopa, in it’s confined form.

Me.

You remember I threw up a golden ring, and shot you into my world to play my game.

And now you’re in my void.

You and the others, that is.

Seemingly, I’m gone, but you’re more than welcome to ask me a question if you don’t know what to do. Once we’re done here, you’ll be able to do seemingly anything. You say what you’d like to do, and I’ll roll a dice to determine how well you do it. If I get conflicting responses, I might combine them, or roll a dice to decide which one wins out.

To LEAVE my void, you need to answer me this.

What’s your name, and what class do you want to play?

Now, I know you have some questions. “What classes are there? What should I call you? Why did you take me?”

And to answer those questions, You may call me a Dungeon Master. I took you here because you agreed to play my game.

Now, as for classes, We are playing the Highly controversial seventh edition of D&D, but simplified, so your classes to choose from are as follows.

Barbarian
  • Angry boy who uses that anger to fight.
Bard
  • Music is your magic.
Fighter
  • You hit things with weapons!
Monk
  • You hit things WITHOUT magic! or Weapons! Just punching!
Rogue
  • Sneaky thieves.
Wizard
  • Magic from your years of study.
Bloodhunter
  • You need to sacrifice people to obtain your power!
  • I know this is from the podcast ‘critical wingull’, but it's cool.

Take as long as you need, but do remember you won’t be allowed to leave until you do!

I eagerly await your response, player!

Last edited:

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Having just crawled out of the dense reading of a certian music obsessed tale barer here i suggest (out of sheer spite) a tone-deaf rouge named sbarrio.

for double irony the names a spoof on a rude italian term for copper/polie officer. And gives us a heck of an alibie if we get caught doing amything illegal. "I'm a sbarrio see... No crimes just pursuing justice...)

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
smh kids these days are so spoiled with 7e, give me thac0 or give me death

punching my problems sounds fun. how about a Barbarian named Barry? given name Sir Bartholomew

Last edited:

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
barbarian bc he angy >:c

Waking up

Kandykorn

Lion Apologist
Pronouns
They/Them
You blurt out several answers all at once, but Frantically, the world hears Two:

"Bernarrio" is certainly an amalgamation of names, but as you sigh, you decide it's the one for you. As for class, You yelled out several, and multi-classing isn't available for another level!

I am as of current hearing four main options, so I took the liberty of rolling a d4 to determine your fate.

You, Bernarrio, will be a barbarian.

The void around you turns a light red color, and everything fades to white. You awake sitting in a field of light blue grass, a light yellow sky and brilliant red sun burn down over you. You also notice that you feel significantly... Smaller. As you look down, you see that you are a Mankey, but not just a mankey, a mankey holding an axe.

Statistically, as a barbarian (and a mankey), you will get advantage on any action done "through rage."

As you continue to look around, you notice, sleeping next to you, a croagunk who seems to have a hood on, a popplio who's cuddling a saxophone in it's sleep, and a blipbug with a book larger than it. In the distance to the north, there is a large tower, while to all other sides of you there is a vast forest. It starts to dawn on you a little that this feels... Real.

You feel like a mankey. A mankey in a strangely colored field.

"Die!" You hear a voice yell out. Two sableye holding bows confront you. one knocks an arrow and fires.

<9>

The wind rushing past your ears definitely felt real.

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
that Popplio fellow looks awfully cool. let's try to wake them up and see if they can help!

• Mewlulz
Reactions: K_S

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
We should try to angrily wake up the Popplio by yelling really loud. Surely waking up to an arrow flying by our face would anger us, right?

K_S

I see someones aiming for a rage boost. I mean some barbarians theres a social taboo about getting worken up early. Add to the fact were getting worken up by an ambush... I'd say this counts as a rage/noise enducing event.

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
> We're being ambushed and everyone is chilling? WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK ARE YOU ALL PLAYING AT
> Berserker State Engage: Wake everyone up

• Mewlulz
Reactions: K_S

K_S

And even if type status thwarts us... The ghost types weapons arent made out of ectoplasm.. Nor is thier gear at thier own camp... Or thier get away steeds. If physical damage fails we go for property damage ala pillage, then burn.

K_S

Hey we gotta camp fire and everything...

I suspect this adventure didnt innocently start with us chilling at a bar taking a quest paper off of the board by thr barkeep disdnt it? The fact you all really got into my ideas makes me think there might of been some arson among are disorderly conducts...

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
And just because I feel like taking a guess now, the Popplio is a bard who is clearly just the greatest person ever based on instrument choice, the Croagunk is a rogue that will pocket everything and sell it to the rest of the party, and the Blipbug is a Wizard who will be using Mage Hand a lot

Top Bottom