• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The WiiU sat lifeless in its box. It came with no cords, but the ports seemed the same as those in the Wii.

Lee took the machine out of it's box, eyeing it over a bit before... attempting to put the wires where they were supposed to be. If they were colorcoded... well Lee was fucked.

After a minute or two of plugging things out of the Wii and into the U, and getting tangled in wires despite doing fucking nothing with them, Lee thought he got everything in the right place and put it down. "I think I got it? I've never tried to set one of these up before, and I'll be honest, that black box is the reason I won't try ever again." He glared at the PS3.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"P-play what?!" His grip on Jesse was starting to grow likely too tight for comfort.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Lee, is there any chance you could ask Mia right now about Nilam or Noc—"
Palkia cackled gleefully. "Do you really think she'll help us? What possible reason could she have to help us, the ones who banished her from the party!"
The WiiU sat lifeless in its box. It came with no cords, but the ports seemed the same as those in the Wii.
Palkia rounded up the Wiimotes, pressing the sync button on the front of the console. "Well, let's get to it, then!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"W-what's that?!" Drip, drop, drip, drop. Splish, splash, splish, splash.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Before I forget, I was thinking about asking Mia myself, but... really what Palkia said. She has no reason to tell me anything. I know for a fact that the innocents will tell the truth, but one of the killers?" Lee shook his head. "I know I wouldn't if I was her."

“₽|@¥ me ssssssssssssssss§0n&, 3.14159@!=man.”

Lee's eyes were fixed on the game system, still unsure about how to feel about it. "I think it wants me and you to play, Oshawott."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Before I forget, I was thinking about asking Mia myself, but... really what Palkia said. She has no reason to tell me anything. I know for a fact that the innocents will tell the truth, but one of the killers?" Lee shook his head. "I know I wouldn't if I was her."

Lee's eyes were fixed on the game system, still unsure about how to feel about it. "I think it wants me and you to play, Oshawott."
The oddish eye flung itself at the back of Lee’s head and returned to catch Gen’s tears. “Mmyu
Money
Get away
You get a good job with good pay and you're okay
Money
It's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team
Money
Well, get back
I'm all right Jack
Keep your hands off of my stack
Money
It's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit
I'm in the high-fidelity first class travelling set
I think I need a Lear jetusic.§0xg.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"S-sure, I'll play!" Gen stammered out, not truly wanting anything to do with this.

I don't really have a choice, though, do I?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The oddish eye flung itself at the back of Lee’s head and returned to catch Gen’s tears. “Mmyu
Money
Get away
You get a good job with good pay and you're okay
Money
It's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team
Money
Well, get back
I'm all right Jack
Keep your hands off of my stack
Money
It's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit
I'm in the high-fidelity first class travelling set
I think I need a Lear jetusic.§0xg.”

That was an eye. Lee knew what an eye felt like and, yes, that was it. An eye. It hit his head, the eye did. You know, the eye. The things that usually stay in someone's head.

"So I think Jesse is right about this place being purgatory."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"S-sure, I'll play!" Gen stammered out, not truly wanting anything to do with this.

I don't really have a choice, though, do I?
The eye’s smile faltered, as much as an eye’s smile could. “What play me a song, you’re the piano man—who’s that playing the guitar—all about that bass, bout that bass, bout that bass, no—first was the world as one great cymbal made. Where built the Organs City where they dwell—in the Garage where I belong, no one hears me sing—I’m John he is also John and all of us are wondering when you’re gonna die—name is Doctor Worm. Good morning, how are you, I’m play the drums?”

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
"Lee, is there any chance you could ask Mia right now about Nilam or Noc—"
"Couldn't she just lie to confuse us?"

"As for my gift, I have the Tsukyumori no Omamori. I have powers I can use at night. Once each. But I don't know what they do. I didn't use one the first night, I used one called Solar Eclipse the second night. Last night I used one called Blue Moon. The ones I have left are New Moon, Crescent, and Lunar Eclipse. Wikipedia compares it to an ability in a game some people play- a game that I find deeply disturbing, but that's not important- called Dreaming God?"

The WiiU let out a mechanical whine, untouched since Squirt packed it into his present for everyone. An eye appeared on the television. It didn’t blink. It didn’t move. It didn’t look human, pokémon, it defied any description.

Was it even an eye? It snapped to Lee. A tear formed beneath it, dripping down the television. Once the tear hit the bottom, it sprouted into another eye. Other eyes, human, oshawott, delphox, palkia, noivern, corrupted mew, arceus, arceus, all their children, beldum, rotom, all sobbing more eyes staring at Lee until they overflowed the television.

“T... ruth. Speak it,” whimpered the television. “Fou... r Truth. Fabricated? Four fals... e... truths.” An oddish’s eye fell from the television, and they all disappeared when it hit the ground.

All but the first. It stared still at Lee. “Pplay... me?”
"What is happening?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
IYouMeWeSheTheyYallUsHeIt said:
The eye’s smile faltered, as much as an eye’s smile could. “What play me a song, you’re the piano man—who’s that playing the guitar—all about that bass, bout that bass, bout that bass, no—first was the world as one great cymbal made. Where built the Organs City where they dwell—in the Garage where I belong, no one hears me sing—I’m John he is also John and all of us are wondering when you’re gonna die—name is Doctor Worm. Good morning, how are you, I’m play the drums?”
"A-a song? I-is that what you want?" Gen asked stammered.

What song could I play...maybe that one tune that's been popular in Goldenrod recently?

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Y'all, I am beyond weirded out by this," hissed Jesse, teeth clenching. How stupid of him to have forgotten that this was the place that chose to prod and poke him over Brisa the way it had. This was not a place of reason, or kindness, or justice. It was a place of vindictive mania.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
The PS3’s controller sat alone, untouched, on the couch. It... pitied? Or was it pitiable? No one had played with it since that squirtle left. Maybe it had no friends left. Who would play with a last generation console, anyway?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"It's not... the absolute weirdest thing I've come across," Lee said, but he wasn't fully sure he believed that statement. "But, yes, this is incredibly unnatural."

Lee noticed the PS3 controller, and glared at it. "If that's the alternative to making a song, then... fine." He grabbed the controller in his paws, a nostalgia that wasn't his filling his body. "I'm not making any promises not to break this. Assuming I even can."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Lee's eyes looked to Palkia, squinting. "Did you fuck with this?" he asked. Obviously he didn't think Palkia actually did, but maybe he'd get lucky and it really was a joke from Palkia and he wasn't about to participate in some cursed game with a cursed, omnipotent box.
Palkia put a claw to its chest. "Well now I wish I had!" The dragon proceeded to hand out wiimotes to Lee, Gen, and Jesse, keeping one for itself. "Got any 4-player games?" it asked the console.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"It's not... the absolute weirdest thing I've come across," Lee said, but he wasn't fully sure he believed that statement. "But, yes, this is incredibly unnatural."

Lee noticed the PS3 controller, and glared at it. "If that's the alternative to making a song, then... fine." He grabbed the controller in his paws, a nostalgia that wasn't his filling his body. "I'm not making any promises not to break this. Assuming I even can."
Disgusting. Fowlmouthed, empty, soulless sinner. A beast. The controller shocked Lee, at least, it felt like electricity. Yet, it seemed unaffected by typing at all. Still, it left behind the distinctive lightning strike-like smell of ozone behind.

Top Bottom