• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The Spell/Power Name Idea Thread

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Writing a story with magic/superpowers, and not sure what to name that finishing move? Want to think outside the same old Fireball, Ice Arrow, and Thunderbolt? This is the thread for you!

This is a collaborative list of cool sounding attack names from across media that could work as spell/power names in your fanfiction, grouped by elemental. Spell chains and finishing moves will be noted.

Some rules:

--All forum rules apply

--All ideas should be posted in this thread--I will compile them into a master list as I get them.

--This is just a list of spell/power names--but if you want to include a description of what the power might do in your story's world, you are welcome to suggest it.

--All media are welcome--anime, games, comics, or something else is welcome, so long as it could feasibly be used as a magic spell name or super power name.

--Spell names that sound similar may be grouped into a spell chain (eg. Spell name A->Spell name B->Spell name C, etc.) Spell chains can theoretically be as long as you like.

--if an idea could be used as a group attack or finishing move, they will be marked as (finisher)

--If you're not sure what elemental your idea would fit under, or you have an idea for an elemental, let me know.

--Suggestions should be no more than 4 words long, but ideally 2 or 3 words long

--If your idea came from media, be sure and cite where the move(s) originally came from, if you can.

--Don't stop with just the Japanese and English versions! If your native language had an interesting name, you can contribute those!

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
The Master List of Spell/Power Name Ideas

Earth

Fire

Wind

Water

Ice

Thunder

Cosmos