• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The Scp 914 GAME: Research simulator

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Attention: all incoming personel,

Condolances...

Welcome selected researches, d-class, and docters, to this alternate universe's scp fascility site # (redacted), you who join us today have the astute horror honor of being part of our newest trial run.

At location (redacted), (redacted) a renegade incident of scp 914 has occured. For saftey's sake we've built a facility for 914's containment and you were hired, coerced, or conscripted to both guard and run tests on it. This forum will be a focal point of your efforts.

Researcher Darby.

What is scp 914? (Description courtesy of the scp wiki)
SCP-914 is a large clockwork device weighing several tons and covering an area of eighteen square meters, consisting of screw drives, belts, pulleys, gears, springs and other clockwork. It is incredibly complex, consisting of over eight million moving parts comprised mostly of tin and copper, with some wooden and cloth items observed. Observation and probing have showed no electronic assemblies or any form of power other than the “Mainspring” under the “Selection Panel”. Two large booths 3mx2.1mx2.1m (10ftx7ftx7ft) are connected via copper tubes to the main body of SCP-914, labeled “Intake” and “Output”. Between them is a copper panel with a large knob with a small arrow attached. The words Rough, Coarse, 1:1, Fine, and Very Fine are positioned at points around the knob. Below the knob is a large “key” that winds the “mainspring”.

What does it do?

When an object is placed in the Intake Booth, a door slides shut, and a small bell sounds. If the knob is turned to any position and the key wound up, SCP-914 will “refine” the object in the booth.

So how is this game played?

Player 1 write a report.
Player 2 writes the result and reports what they are putting into the machine at what settinf...
Which is then hopefully picked up by player 3..
And so on and so forth.

Per Director Lucius Veritas there is a pernament ban on live animals, persons, or cadavar going in to 914... The results are horrifying beyond measure and tend to go feral or zombie in best case scenarios.

Test Log Format:
All test logs should be written in this form.
Name:
Date:
DD/MM/YYYY
Total Items:
Input:
Setting:

Example. I borrowed one from the scp forum and broke it down to show the games format.

Player one:
Name: Dr. Curtis
Date: 07/02/2016
Total Items: One pound of fully cooked [REDACTED] brand bacon, and one photograph of SCP-682
Input: As listed above.
Setting: Very Fine

player 2:
Output: One miniature replica of SCP-682, approximately five inches tall at the shoulder, made entirely out of cooked [REDACTED] brand bacon and photo paper. Object is fully animate and extremely hostile toward all life forms. It escaped containment, attempting to kill all staff present. It was unable to inflict any damage due to its small size and the materials used in its composition. Entity made a “sizzling” sound as it moved that several staff described as “pleasing to the ears.” Classification of entity as SCP-682-BAC denied.

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
So would I do this, correct?

Name: Prof. Lawrence
Date: 10/10/2023
Total Items: One makeshift Gigaremo Unit, a small figure in the shape of a gallade, and a pile of gears.
Input: As listed above
Setting: Fine

• Love
Reactions: K_S

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
more then fine thanks for dropping in!

Output: one miniture clockwork gallade... Gigaremo appears to have been broken down to make the mechanical parts. Serial number etched under foot reads dark gigamax gallade #475. Research shows nintendo/gamefreak have no present intents of making this mon. a small on off switch on back makes its eyes light up and a remix of dimsun theme to start playing.

Date: 10.10.2023

Name: Researcher k.s.

Input: one rubnix cube and one bouncy ball.

Setting: fine

(Cleaning out my desk amd found some odd and ends so why not?)

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
Output: A ball shaped rubnix cube. After Junior Researcher [REDACTED] got frustrated trying to solve it and chucked it against the desk, it was found to still retain the qualities of the bouncy ball used to make it despite still having the same solid feel of the rubnix cube, as discovered when it hit Prof. [REDACTED] in the chin. The output does not match any official product sold by the producer of the rubnix cube, further investigation required.
Note: Further testing required to see if this resulting device is more or less enjoyable than what was used to make it.
-Prof Lawrence
Note: When I get my [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] hands on [REDACTED], I will make him wish he was assigned to SCP-[REDACTED] instead! That [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] will need Class-C amnestics when I'm done with the [EXPLETIVE REDACTED].
-Prof. [REDACTED]

Date: 10.10.2023

Name: Researcher Faux

Input: A copy of a certain TTRPG's player guide, a flashlight, and an old laptop belonging to Researcher Faux.

Setting: Very Fine

Top Bottom