• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon The End: Rekindled (Now Complete!)

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Review blitz
Chapter 1

I realized despite working with you a few times i've never actually read something unrelated to the events you run. So lets fix that.

Looks like cleo's got a nice scenec march going on. Pretty, quiet, with a flavor of maze like. Are in a dungeon or out of one? The fear of attack and characters edginess makes me think in but theres nothing eldrich going on just yet.

Of course the cats paired with the mouse mon thst looks like a cat nip toy. The visuals worth a chuckle.

So we got a trio of trouble in the form of weavil one through three... I'd be worried between type disadvantage and numbers like that.

Or i guess no worries as spark is very op and knows thunder? Love how he's like "nothing but junk" and cleos like " theres dinner and a show in cash"

The come and go nature of the mon on the move is interesting to see in action. While weather ect. makes sense the Darkness making people move with such regularity its comparable to weather is a bit ominous.

Love the guild. Its layered and interesting. With little nods to the world and setting sprinkled in. The berry crop output for example.

As this mission report unfolds it sounds like a mess from first to last. Yes theres an enemy faction, of minors, acting out of character and civilians are in the cross fire. The fact that the guildmaster is... Almost encouraging of the extermination of a trouble prone population verses the kids welfare says a lot.

Also tinkers playing on cleos trauma says a world about thier moral compas. Appology nonwithstanding the fact that that level of low blow was acceptable enough to be imployrd by tinker. I'd be looking for work in another guild if possible after that. And i honestly wonder why cleo is staying.

And tinkers "get another member be more useful and do the job right" seems less an offer of "help" and more a gamble to place a plant. Especially with how theyre hoarding and using information as a weapon.

The walk through the map puts a good showing as to why tinker would view this as a war. The dark army has scalds of territory and is chewing through everyone else's and those weavile bandits seemed to be part of something bigger.

And fliping absols perspective. With all its justifications and ploting i dont think new town is safe much longer. He's clearly plotting poison and i wonder if halbringer is the poisoner tinker and cleo were talking about.

Last edited:

K_S

Blitz review
Chapter 2

And we are back with cleo.

I wondered how much spark knows what went doen between cleo and the guide head... From his chill reaction this morning i suspect nothing. Granted "quite a spread" from something the size of a yarn ball is like theee berries on a plate...

Wait fish as in water types or fish as in the animal version of a fish...

Love how you get dungeon goodies but you gotta deal with the merchants. And they dont wanna pay out.

And then you get yon opportunists.

Love how the thief inflicts confusion by being honest and whimsical. I'd almost suspect theure going to be party nber three... Or have a side quest i guess? Still i probably shouldn't be laughing at xleo and sparks blue screen of death over here.

Doesnt mean i'll stop as mischief proceeds to glue himself to the cast. And he's using plot mandated super glue.

I suspect cleo is never going to live this down.

After sparks line i am imagining a string of arcanine amd growlithe adventurers filing a complaint. Stereotyping much? Love how spark lasted less then a day by the way. Shes a critter with a short patience stock thats for sure.

I almost suspect that mischiefs "clean place" was a p.c. box... If so that adds some interesting layers to this tale. As it is an amnesiac who isnt a human transplants fascinating at the very least.

Sparks: no nononono no adopting..
We discussed this. (Pointedly ignoring thier whole dynamic to the outsider looking in looks like a sucsessful cleo adopting sparks situation)

Cleo: i'm not so mawkish as to adopt anything so helpless...

Mischief tries to chat at a tree that gave him an easy lunch of free berries...

Sparks: we dont have enough food...

Cleo: its just so helpless...

Sparks: and now we are gunna have less...

And so the adventure continues and the glues dried so the cast is ready to go.

K_S

Chapter 3 reaction
Review blitz

I doubt cleos peace and quiet hikes gunna hold up anymore....

yep. No sleep and no peace though for now mischief still seems benign tjier paranoia is costing them.

And i wager her chatters all day long to further drive them up the wall.

mischiefs word choice basically screams non-existant life experience... And tact. Calling a lady older is a gutsy move... And gotta love the challenges sparks got to deal with in just getting a drink

Yeah cleos never getting her peace and quiet... Ever... Between him being as heavy footed as a donphan and talking to clouds... You can almoat hear the teeth grinding.

And then comes the darkness. The multitude of murkrow but a souped up noivern.. I'd be clapping a hand over mischief's mouth and praying at this point.

Considering tinkerers ruthlessness earlier i dont think hostage status is going to work out. At all.

I'm surprised that many dark types didn't deaden espurrs abilities to a moot state. Glad it didnt but it throws thier immunity into question. And mischief deems insanely o.p. cleos go8ng to have a field day explainimg the battle back at base...

Yes i know he talks to trees but he moped a noivern into the forest floor. Theres dragon scales and gore smeared everywhere.

Although after his freak out i can also see cleo plotting her and sparks escape route too. Even odds of that after his colapse but i think.the forest fire is going to take immediate priority.

K_S

chapter 4
Blitz review

Just one worrying development? Why such a low amount? i'm sure spark and cleo can think of like nine at this point.

The first one that leaps into my mind... The area around them being on fire.

I suppose its an odd tangent but in irish mythology's cait sith was a hellish entity. Known to drive its victims mad and was a fey/fairy which dragons are natoriously weak against. And one of its halmark of its bargins, soulswiping for a wish/power/ drove its victim insane.

It felt like mischief was channeling that wavelength even if its a stretch.

I'm sure tinker will be thrilled. Unless he wakes up with his murder switch on "on" then its going to be a blood bath.

Cleo: hello Tinker do we have an issue for you...

Tinker: its a whimscot

Cleo: its a bazooka pretending to be a mon... I swear..

Mischief: batting butterflys humming off tune.

Cleo: youre calling a nursem

Tinker: that aint raspberry juice coming out of pores...

Cleo's playful shove was probably a paw digit poke. Not that i'm calling spark short or anything.

As a psychic could cleo's dream be foresight? Or just mental regergitated trauma.

I dont trust tinker at all at this point.

So we are going to learn about heratics now? Nice.

Huh pokerus is here too. And per reactions it isn't as benign as a trading tool.

So mischiefs a medical torture victim.

I think reawakening his trauma... Or god forfend his split personalty... Might be a very bad idea. Greys going to be walking a tight rope with this one.

K_S

Chapter 5
Blitz review

Tinker this might be foreshadowing... Maybe time to pack a getaway bag and... Oh wait tinker nailed you to mischief... Nevermind.

Cleo: you really can't stop eating, and must only eat your favorites... Because of this new confuz status.

Sparks: yep!

Yeah cleos relationship with tinker is going to be complicated...

So the heritics are mad science labs? I'd vote mischief was less discarded and more laid out as bait since he had a tracker on him. Wasnt the heritics fault the tracker broke. But my theroy is as questionable as tinkers.

So mischiefs a fairy type? And they dont know about fairy types. I smart move if the darkness culled them early. But this feels more like a totally new event from everyones reactuons and theres no legends about mythical dragon immune types floating about. I dont imagine the testing is going to go well but we willl see i guess. And yeah tinker is totally trolling at this point.

Interesting that orre tech is still kicking even now. I wonder what other tech is floating around and eho controls what. Also how does tinker know so much about something that feels heratic adjacent... And cleos doubts feel very real... Tinker is starting to push against some ugly moral areas. In wanting to see how far he can push Mischief into being a weapon (what the heritics are doing), i'm glad cleo and sparks were able to pump the breaks on that.

And funny how mischiefs innocent question is bringing that moral grey area to the fore of every mon present...

Last edited:

K_S

Chapter 6
Review blitz

Ohh we got a report hitting the bad guys desk. By strutting i am guessing yurliks a bird type. Possibly a serving dark type murkrow? A honchkrow actually considering it had to haul the dead bits and bodies.

That must of been an adventure.

So ghost types are serving the dark types? Interesting. It seems every stereotypical evil 'mon is in on the whole Darkness shebang.

Which is a shame as i'm a bit of a mikimyu fan.

So we do not have a wellnordered house of evil. With the heritics snapping up darklings for mad science and all i wonder if dark will turn on heritics in due time... I mean kidnapping someone for what... Six months? Would normally be constred as an act of war.

Hydreigons only holding on to things by how far he can shout and flambe things. And it looks like the salamance might of bucked the reigns.

A cocoon huh, wonder what thats about?

back with the guide poor mischief is getting an education. I think a lot ofnit is skipping over his head with how flipant he's being... But that might change as things go on. Poor cleo has now been stapled to mischief and is now wrangling a lot of moral issues on disclosure, freedom of choice, as well as being the poor 'mon's sanity checker.

Thanks a lot tinker.

As for cleos complaining about the mission. Shes missing a third factor. She may survive but with an unleashed hyped up mischief tagging along her sanity might not.

Last edited:

K_S

Chapter 7
Review blitz

And we are back to the baddie squad.

Hydreigon: "so like i know you think you're hiding but i can see your body sticking out of the wall... You only phased your head through... Its like a cat sticking its head in the shoe and thinking he's invisible... But he isn't"

Youd think enigma would be smart enough not to assume anything. Hyd's roar might seem angry but i'm getting a whiff of terror here. And the "dead dont talk" is ironic considering who hyd' is speaking to right now.

so question. If a ghost is shadow porting but someone throws a bag over thier head how does that effect things?

so Haraquin is a zorua... I'd wondered. I get this ones evil but the spiecies is so adorable... And such a neat nod to the changling tales...

Its interesting that the two are playful and bantering. They seem a mirror to say two adventures leaving tinker's clutches.

Love how harl's like. "yeah about traveling together... Theres gunna be swimming..."

Enigma wincing...

Harl': and a b.o.a.t...

Enigma: well i'll only go so far i guess.

Harl': un huh we both know youre getting on with me. And please do. My blackmail stash is getting looow....

And back to the goodies

Yeah a river noping out due to drying out during winter says a lot. Unsettlings one of many scary words tied to the phenomenom. I mean...at best we got a hardcore dam very far upstream. At worst we got global warming on fast forward or some act of mon terrorism that are going to make a wasteland of the immediate area.

As long as they dont pick a path over the dried river bed they should be fine to go forward.

Nice thing of having a tuft of fluff as a partner... Fluff floats. Its not as good as a flying type but with the wind being placid it works. I have to admit the idea of mischief giving spark an lift to thet both can scout seems like a good idea since while mischief might see he might not understand its import due to his mental issues.

Spark would have less issues.

Mischief: i can sense water because i am a plant! (Happy dance)

Cleo: ok we can work with that.

Mischief: its in, (flips through Cleos map...) Here. At death trap mc deadly cave system d.

Cloe: ok this is less useful

Love how the hikes the hell of it. Theres going to be no safe escape out.if things go bad. Its almost as bad as a mystery dungeon.

Mischief is one cliche line away from dooming the expedition ala "what could possibly go wrong"...

Ung rancid water is the worst. Theyre going to have the worst spelunking experience ever.

Love how Cleos regretting breakfast. Mischiefs regretting hopping in, and spark with the iron stomach is "eeew today is gunna suck". Until they get to the dam then its infinitly worse... A coagulation of bodies and matter that brings to mind the malice from tears of the kingdom.

All it needs to do to top itself is to rear up, crack open eyes and start moving.

K_S

Chapter 8
Review blitz

So we got a bunch of dead and tied up sirviper bodies. The waters gotta be tainted for sure...

Now torch as over the head illumination on a stick? Or the britishism of a torch... Like a us version of a flashlight? Because imagining spark held fisted in tinkers arm. Being swept back and forth is positivly hilarious...

Damage that might of caused, tink? We got the dead. Thier relations. The tained first gush of water. Water needing to be regularly tested after. Plus the trauma to the main cast for finding the bodies and the people who are going to have to clean up the bodies...

so harl' is team darknesses poisoner? Interesting. Thier ability makes it scarily viable.

I'd tentativly vote that since this area was considered safe per cleos map... And its near New. It cpuld be that the area and water source could be a back up for any refugees of New if they had to make a run for it. This might of been insurance to minimize survivors of escapees when New gets hit...

But thats just speculatoin for later. So harl is renting that boat. Enigma seems people starved enough to tackle thier hydrophobia to tag aling...

Huh so our honchcrow has orders to get a glowy plot device? Noibats got a point... If we cant notice it or know what it looks like, how can they find it? Yurlik's meh reaction of if you dont find it plan b and c will.... Not filling me with confidence that the cocoon will be found quick, but ah well. Perhaps the payout for the glowing artifact of doom will come to a head much later.

K_S

Chapter 9
Blitz review

Spark: so, just checking, but we're not doing what we were told?

Cleo: is water wet? (Before mischief can ask anything) we're just... Merging objectives... Thats all.

I can see.this going so bad. (Goes off to make popcorn).

To sparks complaint i would say cleos being more ethical than Tinker and giving mischief both an out and a chance to breath. Also cleos not making any promises that things are going to get easier... Which fits her candid personality to a "t".

And while mischief screws his head in cleo and spark start poking at what evidence they can.

And of course mischief finds the first body. The fact it was hidden screams theres more. And that the perpetutrator was trying to hide thier tracks. This might be something to flag to tinker. Wouldnt even have to tip much of a lie. Mischief just "needed a moment" plus "worst luck ever" are both equally true.

I have to admit i missed the relevence of no faction but then i dont remember reading that everyone had joined a side either. The fact that tinker discovers these are heritics... And the fact the encounter goes from reasonably cautious and lukewarm to the survivors being borderline feral qas a bit jarring. It shows how insame the us vs them mentality is and timker mentally realizing "crap we are.goong to have to work together soon" especially with the legendary absol poking about... I suspect that this is what the absol (i can not remember.the mons name, havok?) from earlier chapters was up too. Also his steely friends could of handled all the poison bits without endangering his hide... I wonder what his long term game is... Beyond offing heritics, paring off slights, and causing dispair.

K_S

Chapter 10
Blitz review

And we are back to the dastardly duo amd i called it enigma is the seasickest thing in a ninty mile radious.

Except its a river.

And beimg undead how does that work? Does he regirgitate the nightmared of days past?

Harl: i got easy as pie trolling, blackmail, a poisoning with a view with zero effort, and literal leverage. Todays great! How are you hurking up?

Enigma: attempts to look intimidating.

Harl: (pats enigmas stitching in a condescending manner) thats what i thought.

That rat is reaching.and likely only sharing because enigma save thier bacon...

Morpeko is dicing with its life here. And why would they sink the ship that theyre on? There be logic holes. The description of the terrain. Specifically the landslide prone part makes me think of the damned up river. Its a guess but i think if the absol is on the darkness' side we're going to know sooner rather then later.

The fact that harbringer tried to off the pair... Yeah not on the same side.

And we are back to cleo and co. Yeah this whole area feels like a trap and the dead body being moved by mad scientist land is ominous indeed. I'm thinking mischief moght be biting off more than they can chew joining the guide... But it makes sense for mr. Idealistic to take on issues head on... And by the attack i suspect cleo found absol and friends. This is going to get interesting...

K_S

Chapter 11
Blitz review

So our absol friend skimrished with cleo and co and then bailed? I bet that made a sleeplessness night for the three.

And of the three i vote mischief has the more accurate idea. And i kinda worry that cleos "leading them back" might be optimistic and their "stalkers" already know where New is at.

Cleo is guided as much by sparks insistent desire to get to food as much as her own sense. I'm surprised she didnt leave spark and mischief to it to report to tinker solo like last time.

Tinker: so your noivern news?
Cleo: yeah about that...
Tinker: headdesk. Why am i not surprised.

Oh so now tinker is whipping back the curtian. Mischief is going to have a bad time of this i think as this feels spiteful powerplay than a "we need to get mischief up to speed" sort of thing. Followed up with his tracker walkie talkie thing... (And where is tinker getting all this human tech from?) Its a very firm "i dont trust you" that cleo rightly calls him out on.

And with sparks description of guide probation membership i could respect scalds of people refusing to join guides just for that alone.

Love how at any oportunity spark can and will troll.

Seriously cloe should gove detective pika a run for his money. Its interesting fornher to put things together even if i agree with sparks that shes fitting things a little too tight for comfort and pressing plausability hard.

Too black a shadow.

Guessing it was "too black to be a shadow" and auto correct culled some words here and there?

And harl' caught up at long last. Wonder if enigma is tagging along still or not but with this surprise encounter we got proof for the goodies that hyd's got his scaly mits in this plot and screaming "mine all mine" with a side of revenge no less.

If harl' gets away they dark is going to have first hand confirmation of mischiefs capabilities. Still this newly disclosed prison better be super secure or Tinker and everyone is going to habe. Serious issues.

As it is cleos going to have the joyous effort of back breaking labor... I'm surprised she didnt tie the zorau up with his satchel straps or somethjng before the long drag to be honest.

K_S

Chapter 12
Blitz review

And so we begin the long drag part two. You can see cleos trying to make it work though insuspect harl' ittle trip through the brambles isnt something she grieves too much...

And of course we go from the pot and into the hound'line ran fire... Cant tell if harl's happy to see the dours or not... The fact that theyre frolicking around cleo's go to point is ominous to put it mildly and the fact that harl' as to start begging not to get killed, even worse. I get the darks dog eat dog to an extent but to this extent screams a fractured house...

And enegma is terrorizing random grovyles... Why? Much less revealing thenselves? Either this is the heritics hide out and theyre disregarding orders to be quiet in thier data gathering or something else is going on.

Huh well i guess we'll be visiting mischiefs clean place sooner rather than later...

And back to cloe the clumbsiest psychic in the area. You gotta admit shes probably hoping harl's pleas went well because that rises the chance mischief might be kicking. Maybe.

Though as the wildfires were an illusion i am surprised the dark type fell for it. And cleo dropping harl and the consequences of that due of it tinker playing keep away with vital data are going to bite everyone sharply in the rump.

Because harl was working towards mobile and was awake. And theyre up and murder happy and then some. I was initially worried that the collar was a shock collar, a move supressor doesnt seem as bad... The state of the dark types cells, denial of care harl's care, and hinjtings of the interegation to come kinda scream that tinker is not detached enough to be runing this joint but i dont see anyone else being willing to either.

I'm sure that if hyd' were offed the army would fall into a ravening mob, or at least get sucked into a power vacuum scenario that might grant tinker and guide some breathing room. Depends on a lot of things.

Lovely moral boost tinker. Gluing another (amoral) tag along to the team, twanging cleo's trauma first with immersive illusions then oh-so casually sating... Guess whats likely to be coming after you in force? The paety that set you on the run and made you go the guide as a kitten.

Someone please take leadership skills from this 'mon before he drives one of his subordanites into a stroke...

K_S

Chapter 13
Blitz review

Love how the guide is a sun burst and the heratics are a moon logo. Can you say they're pushing thier thematic differences as hard as possible.

I see what mint said about hearing it first. I'm sure Enigma is glad he doesnt have ears at this point...

Thats a gutsy lycan' taunting the berserk state tyranitat with human baby talk no less. Its ironic too (i mean, how many people tell thier canine din-din time?). And the fact they are experimenting on dark types isnt raising an alarm bell for enigma is a bit surprising.

Also danger? I mean enigmas kinda dead. He cant die twice. And the fact it feels like everyone inthe dark is just chatting about mischief at this point.

So fairy types are starting to come up in thier established lines (the water mouse being a hint of that) this is going to upset the dragon empire's strangle hold if it spreads. And the fact that enigma has to spell this data out to rio says a lot about the cats common sense being the size of an ant. Unless rio can confirm a weakness or defence to type 18 along with its existance he's dicing on the good will of a cranky meglomaniac with a pyro streak.

Well cleo didnt die due to a stress related stroke (thanks for nothing tinker)... And her mewling to sparks before she woke up was sweet. Of course spark is chilling with the food. You could find spark in a desert if you drop a nibble on a sand dune and wait.

the guards: is she (cloe) dying?
Tinker: nah
Cloe: yeah lets get to work before the fumes here carry me off.
Tinker: its not that bad...

At least the inmates are getting some treatment via rose... Figures the guards would be against that. I suspect harl' is still being neglected though.

And tinker sunk to a new low with this two foot experimental radias tech. Joy.

K_S

Chapter 14
Review blitz

So we're back with team baddie.

I'm imagining echo dancing around branches ect amd the swarm being less graceful plowing a path through the plants behind him.

Snorts, yeah with the bulk of them swirling ahead and having to loop back while innocently going " i meant to do that" i think my imagining isnt all that fanciful considering..

And theyre like "i dunno what we're looking fo do you know what we're looking for?" up and down the whole swarm like a bad game of telephone.

It takes guts to admit that hy' might not know what hes looking for. I'll take it a step further and argue its likely hy's fault considerong he burned down an archaic library. And i'm sure the outvasts are going to be thrilled when a swarm of noi's swing down into town screaming for the librarian, they got one hell of a search request.

(I doubt it'll be as peaceful but its a funny mental image)

Those heritics are in a rock and a hard place. Trapped between enigma, hyd' , miscjief running amuk, and the realities of tjier world, and outcastes seeing them as the enemy... A lot of this is self inflicted but i'd be plotting an escape route.

Project b is that raving tyranitar isnt it? I remember the two feeders.. This is getting worse and worse for rio and go.

And all this is aimed at poor cleo and co... I'm not surprised harl is fighting... Although i am surprised harl hasnt gone limp to make cleo have to physically drag them.

Cleo don't engage mini poison specialist... Theyre going to be a damger mo matter what. Honestly i'd jist get a gag on them... And a bell in a place they cant get it off.

The more harl talks and the more mischief interacts... Yeah we need a gag guys.

And tinkers mosying around investigating missing bodies and possible civilian hold outs. The nest might lead to a town or an outpost i guess?

Love how tinkers all sherlocking the scene still dogged on figuring out who was there. Tinkers methods are an interesting meld of anthropology, psychology and alien mon biology...

Wow tinker ordered it shot down before checking throughly... I mean lucky he saved the egg but still that seems a massive miss on perception... And the fact this is an unborn dragon type... An unborn dragon/fairy type... Thats going to cause one heck of a stir if tinkers lack of morals dont make him dash the egg or use it as colateral in an act of retaliation.

Arukona

A Scribe Penning His Brainworms
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. sceptile
Hello, hello! I happened to be wandering the forums for a PMD fic to review this Review Blitz, and this one I admit I've been curious about checking out for a while now. I saw this fic's name frequently on FFN back before I began writing in 2021, and more recently, I've seen it being uploaded on TR in the past year, including its finale. A commendable achievement, to finish a half-million word longfic like this one! :quag: The basic premise, too, seems quite interesting to me, and so I've put it down on my reading list, waiting for an opportunity to get a chance at diving in.

And now that time has come with Review Blitz rearing its head as it does every January. So let's dive in, and see just what this fic has to offer...

Chapter 1

I have to say I'm already intrigued by Cleo, the Meowstic protagonist, as one who loves the psychic kitties as a species. And a Dedenne protagonist really isn't something you see much, if at all. So kudos for the unique species choices.

Right away, there's a good sense of danger already, with Cleo and Spark having to evade those of the Darkness and immediately being cornered by assassins. And more is revealed here, that our protagonists might well be Outcasts in spite of their Guild status. Does that make any associates of the Guild in question Outcasts as well?

“You three have picked a bad day to start with us.” Spark shook her tiny fist. “I’ll have you know I’m hungry! And I’m not very nice when I’m hungry.

With that hangry behaviour, you'd almost think Spark was part-Morpeko.

“What did you just call me?” Spark dived off Cleo’s shoulder and rose up to her full five-inches of height. “Are you making fun of my size?!”

Oh boy, classic error, making fun of the small ones. No doubt Spark makes up for that short height with feistiness when mocked for that very thing.

And as expected, a retaliation from our little rodent. Although I'm surprised the shock was enough to take down three Weavile. How powerful is this half-pint?

“This coming from the meowstic who just laid waste to an army of jangmo-o?”

Cleo shrugged her shoulders. “They had it coming.”

And it appears Cleo's no slouch either. Makes me wonder if these two have a hidden aptitude or they're just very well-trained.

“Is there any gold?” Cleo ventured.

“Oh, there’s loads of that.”

Cha-ching, they got lotsa Pokés now. 💰 💰 💰

“Looks a little too… toxic… to be pecha juice.”

“That might just be the bad lighting.” Cleo popped it into her bag and stood up.

You claiming your vision's not good enough, Cleo? Wouldn't your species have night vision for this kind of thing?

The temporary nature of the settlement does bring to mind an interesting thought of mobile towns that move around. Curious that they're wooden shacks instead of tents; I would've expected the latter in a mobile settlement like this one. Though given the need to protect against the mentioned Darkness, or even just bandits in general (this world does give off a feel that bandits are present in them), it would make more sense to have shacks instead of tents.

He sported the same sun-shaped badge she wore on her satchel’s strap, indicating he was a member of the Outcasts Guild.

Ah, so the Guild's name is the Outcasts Guild. I see, I see; that makes sense now. Outcasts from Hydreigon, presumably.

the small crowd parted and a riolu trotted towards them. Tinker, the Outcast Guild’s current leader.

A Riolu as a leader? That...wasn't something I was expecting. Then again, I wonder if that implies something in the vein of a hasty replacement after the previous Guildmaster was killed by Hydreigon's forces or something. Especially given the presence of assassins.

So Spark's a Big Eater. I had a feeling that was the case, and I welcome that as someone who does enjoy this trope quite a bit.

The door was ajar, but he still needed to give it a shoulder barge to get it open.

Looks like a door in need of fixing, methinks. Does the need to give it a shoulder barge imply that someone previously may have been able to open it previously?

“Then maybe it’s about time Windflower packed up and moved on. They’re too close to the Shadow Lands as it is.”

An encroaching Darkness that swallows up towns? Is the Darkness's power a malevolent intangible thing, not unlike the Bittercold and Dark Matter from the games?

“Those dragons are hatchlings.”

“Hydreigon trains hatchlings!”

“Yes, in the Shadow Lands!” Cleo snapped.

Oh, so Hydreigon is affiliated with the Darkness. I was beginning to wonder if they might've been two separate forms of evil, but I suppose not.

“I hardly think Hydreigon will care. If he demands that village wiped out, then it will be wiped out. Just like your home.”

Yep, Hydreigon sounds like a right piece of work. And now we see that Cleo has a personal stake in all this with her home being wiped out. Hmmm...I wonder what the story behind that is.

A group of tiny dragons trying to burn down a food storage? They’re just hooligan kids trying to get away with something while claiming they have the authority because ‘their king said so’.

Sounds like ripe opportunism on behalf of vandals, which is commonplace in times of war.

The Outcasts, scattered across Estellis, struggling to survive in a world where dragon- and dark-type pokemon reigned, ruled over by a horrid pokemon who wanted nothing more than to wipe out every other type completely.

Ah, so it's type racism? Interesting concept, and quite a grim one, with no doubt many Pokémon being displaced during this time. And with Hydreigon being the dominant one, it seems like it's quite a struggle for the Outcasts and other people like them. :sadwott:

I fear you’ve become hardened to this world, Cleo.” He let out a small sigh and his voice softened. “What happened to the meowstic who’d run blindly into an army of Hydreigon’s soldiers just to take out their leader for the sake of a bounty?”

The old 'lost innocence' trope. Though from what we've been hearing about the world thus far, it wouldn't be surprising for Cleo to lose her vitality over time with how the Darkness has been encroaching on more and more land.

“I’m beginning to think you and Spark may need to consider taking on an extra team member.”

So we may have a trio of protagonists going forth on this adventure? :eyes: Interesting....I wonder who that third member might be?

With them out of the picture, the Winding Woods are safe for now.”

I figured the two were in a Mystery Dungeon-like place at the beginning, with how darkness gave way to light. and how the two were 'nearly out' before the Weavile accosted them.

She only knew of one pokemon in Hydreigon’s army who used poisons

Foreshadowing a future enemy, possibly a top commander or oily strategist of Hydreigon's forces.

Then where will you be off to?”

“New City,” she said.

I see the Pokémon of this world aren't super great at naming conventions if 'New City' is the best thing they can come up with.

“If anything happens to Windflower…” His voice was laced with warning.

An allusion that something may well happen to it, I bet.
635766661743640596.webp
Somehow, I get the feeling retaliation may well be due in the near future.

A worldbuilding dump of info, and now we hear of the Heretics for the first time. Those who want to be ruled by Hydreigon. An odd bunch, or perhaps an attempt on their part to be pragmatic? Recognising the gains our resident tyrant has made, and thus realising it would be more optimal to side with him than fight a losing battle like the Outcasts are doing? Part of me's wanting to guess that over the course of this story, at least one person's gonna jump ship from the Outcasts to the Heretics.

Only those trusted would be taken there, and those who lived there weren’t allowed to leave without reason. Not that most of them even wanted to. The pokemon were happy to live there, in safety. Unseen, hidden beneath the surface.

A safe refuge, though it seems lethargy is a problem amongst them. A lack of action against Hydreigon won't repel him, and to them, it might well only be a problem once his forces come knocking. I can't help but be reminded of the City from Xenoblade 3, with its similar 'refuge from the world at war' vibes.

And now over to an Absol named Harbinger, who seems to be burdened by the stigma of his species. Coupled with a pair of Pawniard (what is this, one of the Shadow Triad's team being isekaied?)

Those pokemon around the lake. He’d told them disaster was coming. He was going to make sure it did.

Oh damn, that's not good.
864557228606226442.webp
I didn't expect this either; an Absol that plays to the stereotype, instead of living under it? That's certainly an interesting way to go about things. Perhaps out of revenge to those that wronged him and believe in the myths of Absol being bad omens? It does seem to be that way...and woe betide those who wrong him. Looks that village is gonna become a memory in time.

Chapter 2
Back to Cleo and Spark, where our resident Dedenne is stuffing his face as will probably be usual in time whenever there's food.

Tinker didn’t often venture outside. He just sent out his own Warriors while handling affairs from his desk.

Does raise a question as to how capable Tinker is in combat. Is he just an armchair specialist, or has he proven his worth enough to be Guildmaster? The fact that he's a Riolu makes this all the more curious as to how he pulled this off.

Cleo has trust issues, huh? I guess that would partly explain why she's reluctant to take on a third team member.

Cleo also restocked her dried fish. Spark didn’t touch the stuff, but Cleo had been raised on it.

I see this fic isn't afraid to delve into ferals being eaten by the more civilised 'mons.

but the seller was deep in debate with a skarmory. The metal bird had recently shed some feathers and was trying to get a good price for the material,

So one can potentially make bank if they're a Skarmory? Perhaps a luckier 'mon to be transformed into in the case of an isekai.
581226968071274496.webp

Cleo shrugged. “I’ll take-”

She staggered forwards as someone bashed into her,

Oh dear, she's gonna be robbed. That's always how this goes.

“I think whoever bumped me robbed me…”

CALLED IT.

It didn’t surprise her. Even amid the Outcasts there were dishonest pokemon. Yet another reason not to trust so blindly.

A good point to make; sometimes it's every 'mon for himself, especially in scenarios like this.

So our thief's a Whimsicott? Another unique species pick that I don't see too commonly in fics. Then again, Whimsicott are known for their capabilities with Prankster...

I'm getting first impressions from the Whimsicott that he's not exactly the brightest in the world.

Oh, he's lost? Somehow I get the feeling that's not the entirety of the story...

My name’s Mischief by the way.

Rather on the nose with that same. I bet that name didn't earn him many favours growing up or in his current life.

It's only occurring to me just how fluffy Cleo is if Spark can hide deep within it. That, or Spark is just that small.

Rather sad that they only have overripe berries to eat without digging into their supplies. Then again, sometimes that's all folks can eat in dark times like these. :sadbees:

It felt wrong, and you two are really unhappy about it so… I’m gonna guess it’s bad?”

Perhaps Mischief more leans on 'overly innocent' as opposed to 'dim-witted'. Then again, not to say he's not the latter, either.
It appears Mischief has some memory issues if he just woke up in this 'Clean Place' he speaks of. Almost sounds like an isekaied human...which we seem to have no indication for existing in this world just yet.

Spark looked up at Cleo and said in a hushed whisper, “I think he’s had his memory wiped.”

Memory 'wiped' as opposed to memory 'lost'? Hmm, is this a thing that the Darkness and/or Hydreigon can do?

“You’re thinking of helping him, aren’t you?”

“Not so much ‘helping’,” Cleo replied quietly

Not that our dear Cleo would admit that, of course. :copyka:

“You can follow us for a bit,” said Cleo, “but we’ll part ways when we reach the moors.

Betting now that won't happen and instead Mischief's gonna be a valued asset of the team going forward.

“I’m beginning to think Mischief is less his name and something the Clean Place called him for being a nuisance.”

So what would his name become when he's helpful? Opposite of Mischief would be....Solemnity?

Chapter 3
Seems like this chapter will have batderg content.

And it seems Cleo's suspicions deprived her of sleep. Hmmm, how often's her unwillingness to trust going to bite her in the backside once it turns out it was all for nothing?

“Yikes!” he said. “You look older! What happened?!”

Had a good chuckle at this comment. :mewlulz:

With all the leaves fallen, it appears to be an autumnal time of year. Perhaps foreshadowing a dark winter once that arrives.

The curious nature of Mischief deepens, along with this 'Clean Place' that he mentions. A curious name to put on a place, and one that he supposedly woke up in with scrambled, if not lost, memories. Curious how the amnesia here isn't worded as a complete memory wipe, but rather one that leaves him in a more confused state. A bit different to the norm of PMD fics, and a subversion of that frequent trope.

Seems an enemy's closing in. And looks it was that Noivern that the chapter title alluded to. Are they a commander of Hydreigon's? They sure look like it.

And oh no, looks like our allies have been seen. Here's hoping they can find a way out.
648430510422622209.webp

A pretty exciting fight, I gotta say, regarding prose and the flow of it. Makes me wanna take notes for my own writing...
807809382981042206.webp

“But now I think I’ll kill you all right here! Then… I’ll have a little feast.” He inclined his head on one side and grinned. “I quite like my grass-types roasted.”

Going straight for making meals of your enemies, eh? This Noivern doesn't mess around whoever he is.

Though Mischief does appear to know a bit more about combat than we would've first thought. Maybe the gang will be able to repel him after all.

In fact, Mischief's running circles around this Noivern. Just what power does this Whimsicott have? Other than the power of Fairy which obviously repels the dragonfire.

And holy hell, he kills the Noivern? Damn, I was expecting the Noivern to bid a hasty retreat and he would become an enemy that cropped up over time. For Mischief to outright pulverise him highlights the dark tone this fic takes already.

Then again, not that I was in any doubt as to this fic and dark tones. Hell, the enemy force is literally called the Darkness!

Perhaps that madness in his eyes is like a trigger that comes up with battle instincts? This is the first time we've seen him in battle, after all. Although if he acts like this every battle, then there is going to be a lot of blood spilled in this fic by our resident Whimsicott.

Chapter 4

I mean, he stays holed up in his office most of the time, and rarely ventures outside. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him on the road travelling from Hall to Hall. He just… shows up.”

Oh hey, I was kinda wondering the same thing about the Guildmaster. Certainly, more scrutiny on him would be desired because of how odd a Riolu as a Guildmaster sticks out to me.

Any pokemon that could withstand a dragon pulse without even taking any damage?

They're called Fairy-types, Cleo. Your partner is one.

New typings didn’t just crop up like that.

Eh, in my experience, that's kinda what it was like in 2013.

No doubt not knowing what caused Mischief's sudden burst of madness is gonna prove detrimental to our gang's case. Here's hoping they don't get rejected from New City because of it.

Hiding him somewhere so he could come-to in safety.

'Come-to in safety'? I have to admit, that doesn't quite sound right now that I read it out loud.

Beyond them rose the rocky peaks of the Silent Mountains

Oh hey, that place where a calamity definitely won't happen in the near future. :copyka:

The very tips were usually coated with snow, but in the heatwave it had long since melted away.

I wonder if that was just the weather being the weather, or if the heatwave might've been an unnatural occurrence.

And it seems that Cleo and Spark may well have discovered the path to New City. How lucky for them. Though by the sounds of it, they're well familiar with this place, a bustling and busy underground burrow.

After a brief pause, Tinker replied with a cheerful “Come in!”

Dang, he sure got there fast. What's his secret? Is there a secret passage to New City that only he's aware of? Or is there multiple Tinkers and we're looking at an Anna from Fire Emblem situation?

Occurring to me that Mischief could well be a solution to find a chink in the Darkness's armour. But of course, he has to get approved to go into New City as well, and that's gonna prove a tough thing to sell with his unreliable madness.

I could see this being a thing with Mischief; the struggle to overcome containing that mad side of his.

He lowered his paws from his muzzle to absently toy with the everstone hanging around his neck.

Everstone? Now why would Tinker have an everstone? Most curious, and there probably is an answer for that.

Sounds like bad omens on the horizon, with the Noivern appearing during the day, Mischief suddenly showing up, and the incoming calamity in the Silent Mountains. Something's in the air, that's for sure.

Quite the vivid nightmare Cleo had. She could definitely use all the hugs.
737739606115483810.webp
(On another note, the nightmare was well-described prose-wise, I gotta say! Really does give that feeling of being trapped in a nightmare with all the terror Cleo's faced in recent times.)

It seems Mischief has struck a chord with Cleo, for better or worse. I get the feeling that in the case of him being thrown out of New City, she would be conflicted with that theoretical decision.

Oh damn, Mischief's a Heretic. That's not gonna go down well with folks if they catch wind of this.

And it seems we might have an answer for the vial as well? Figuring out lots of stuff today.
683426488720162935.webp

“That pink liquid,” he began, “has turned out to be pokerus.”

Pokérus? Now that's a word I don't think I've seen used in any PMD fic I can recall. Really new territory here, I think.

“Whereas pokerus would be a beneficial condition that could help a pokemon to grow stronger, this particular strain pushes a pokemon’s abilities far beyond what it would normally.”

So like a super-powerful virus with much worse side-effects. Oh dear, this probably won't end well for those it's afflicted...like Mischief, as it turns out. And if it does turn out to a booster for Hydreigon's army, then that is very much Not a Good Thing.
1172599062588035222.webp

“In more detail,” said Tinker. “Did Mischief transform in any way?”

Transform? Why would he transform due to the Pokérus? Can it do that?

A fight or flight response, perhaps.

It did seem like that at the time. And with the Noivern threatening to kill, that would've activated such a thing.

“Melody did, however, find something on your friend’s fur.”

The tone in Tinker’s voice turned Cleo’s blood to ice. “What was it?”

“A tracking device.”

Oh no. Oh dear. That ain't good at all.
864557228606226442.webp
Now his masters could well know where New City is, and that would endanger everyone there, possibly letting the Heretics determine their location.

And now we know more about our wayward Whimsicott...but it's not all good info. A fair amount of it is worrying, to say the least.

Chapter 5

Curious chapter title, when all of our protagonists are evolved. Maybe it has to do with Tinker and his everstone?

“You’ve put sweet berry sauce on your fish.”

Urgh...the worst mistake, when you put the wrong sauce on your food.

Here's hoping Cleo is off the hook, whenever this Grey person has determined just what kind of person Mischief is. Fingers crossed that it is a blessing in disguise, like Spark says.

So Grey's an Alakazam. Suppose that's not surprising he's a Psychic-type, given we are talking about mind reading here with determining Mischief's character.

Even more curious with Mischief having his memories outright tampered with. Presumably, if I had to guess, to remove the memory of the laboratory and thus prevent that laboratory from being tracked down. In a way, it's worked, now that the team don't know where Mischief came from other than it being known as the 'Clean Place' to him.

It’s as if they didn’t want him to come back to them, and went to great extremes to ensure that he wouldn’t. Cast off, left to go berserk like some ticking time-bomb of disaster.”

Maybe he was a failed experiment? Cast out and left to die after the experiment to inflict him with this mutated Pokérus failed. Yet he has the Pokérus...so perhaps giving him it with its current effects wasn't what they desired? Possibly a transformational thing, just like Tinker suggested earlier?

“Huh!” Spark stood up straight. “Maybe it’s because he attacked them?”

Another thought, yeah - perhaps he did to them what he nearly did to Cleo, only this time pulled off those murders successfully.

Oh, it's the other kind of evolution. The ones we humans are more used to, as opposed to the instantaneous transformations that Pokémon undergo (that some would claim isn't evolution at all, but those people tend to be not worth listening to, I find.)

Interesting thoughts about Pokémon gaining new types over time, and how new habitats can make Pokémon's type change. So that would explain Mischief resisting the Dragon Pulse, because they would not yet know about him adapting to become part Fairy-type.

Is it really crazy for a new pokemon type to arise? One that can actually help us stand a fighting chance?”

Oh, so Fairy-types aren't yet known in this universe. I see...what an interesting, if slightly outdated, concept to revolve a story around. (It still works, though!) I presume the strange sparkly attack talked about is either Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast?

“You’re going to put him in one of your crazy experiments?!” Spark gasped.

From becoming an experiment under the allegiance of one faction to an experiment in another. F in the chat for Mischief. :sadbees:

Good to see Mischief up and at it, at least. Though I get the feeling those truths haven't been broken to him yet...and they probably won't become apparent until a future Heretic encounter, I bet.

Only two moves? I know Whimsicott has a shallow level-up movepool, being a stone evolution and all, but that is more than a bit shallow. He be
looking like the average Trainer Pokémon post-Gen 6.

So Tinker's a science nerd... I see where he gets his name from, then, if he spends all day tinkering with gadgets.

It’s very much in its beta testing stages, although I’m the only one who’s tested it.”

That's all? You'd think a few more mons would've had a go, at least.

Mischief couldn’t have looked more confused.

For someone who knows not much else, I'm not surprised at his confusion. Even someone with a fully knowledgeable brain can find science confusing to wrap their head around.

I haven’t extracted any DNA samples from a living specimen.” Then he added under his breath, “Yet.”

Totally not sinister at all.
384521040006479872.webp
I have had a few musings up to this point that something's a wee bit off with Tinker regarding his somewhat tense relationship with Cleo and the everstone around his neck. Whether he's suspicious or not, there is no doubt a story to be had with him.

I wish to know how your… sparkly attack… affects dragon and dark-type pokemon. Having none in the Guild,

I do wonder if this might change in the future. Surely not all Dark and Dragon-types support the Darkness and Hydreigon? And come to think of it, there is a Zorua on the front cover...so hmm. That might be something to keep in mind for the future.

Some of the terminology used here can be a bit gamey, and while it can be fine. I've been generally told that in prose fiction, its place isn't quite as warranted. That being said, this is just a simulator Tinker's running with Mischief, so it's fine for now, by the looks of it.

Tinker looked back down at the monitor. “I… I want to check how it works against a hydreigon.”

Gearing up your Ultimate Weapon Against the Tyrant, are we, Tinker? How quick is it gonna be before Mischief'll be treated as the saviour of the Outcasts?

Tinker looked up at him slowly as though seeing him for the first time. Cleo and Spark followed his gaze, and it became increasingly obvious what it was that had struck the riolu.

That question…

Mischief had no memories.

That meant he had absolutely no idea of the state of the world he was living in.

....Oh dear. This...is going to take a lot of explaining, isn't it?

Chapter 6

Looks like we're getting a POV from the Darkness this time, and from a Honchkrow named Yurlik. One of Hydreigon's higher-ups, if I had to guess.

Being blind was one thing, but being stupid was another entirely. It was baffling to thing that Hydreigon had evolved from such a creature.

Well, in fairness, most of the pseudo-legendaries start off being not that great. *Casts a sideways glance at Dreepy with its absolutely awful stats until it evolves at Level 50*

An ominous building, the Shadow Lands Castle is. Most fitting for the ruling house of the Darkness.

I see Enigma's a teasing sort, willing to throw out all kinds of jibes at Yurlik.

“The boss isn’t going to be very happy when you march into his throne room carrying that.”

So Hydreigon's referred to by his underlings as 'the boss'? Gotta admit, I was expecting something a bit more regal, like 'His Majesty' or 'our ruler' or something along those lines.

“Don’t you dare address me like that, you insolent ghost!” The voice rumbled off the walls. “If you dare do that again, I’ll grind you down into dust!”

I had a feeling our resident Hydreigon tyrant would be an angry grump of a ruler. Funny, that's not the first time I've come across a Hydreigon tyrant during my reading of fics this Review Blitz...

“What is this?” Hydreigon spat.

“This is Boomer, my lord.”

"This is a sixtysomething-year old, my lord, known to give foolish opinions not pertinent to the generation of today."

Oh, Boomer's the Noivern. I had a feeling there was more to him than met the eye...

And it seemed he was involved with the Heretics, and had important info to relay to Hydreigon. Man, what's with the Heretics and their secrets? Gonna make it real interesting when our protagonists intrude on their territory and find out all sorts of juicy intel.

It seems a Salamence called Ripwing is a bit of a sore subject for Hydreigon. An old rival or enemy, perhaps?

“I need to have those three eradicated,” Hydreigon said quietly, almost to himself.

Welp, now those three have targets over their heads. How quickly will it take for them to be cornered?

“Enigma is the best at gathering intel,” Hydreigon said through a growl. “You know that.”

“But he’s neither dark nor-”

“Don’t question my motives, Yurlik.”

So it's not all Dragon and Dark-types in the Shadow Lands. Folks like Enigma, if they're capable enough, can have a home too.

We’re going to find that cocoon before this… incident… expands into a much bigger problem.”

Dang, he's not taking this lightly. Then again, Mischief is supposedly a threat to his rule, so understandable that someone like him would want to go all out.

And now back to our protagonists, where as expected, the explanation to Mischief took a lot and our resident Whimsicott has no doubt lost some of his innocence in the process.

You were snoring like an ursaring during the cold season.”

Look who's talking, Little Miss 'Loud Snores Unfitting For Her Small Body.'

Cleo heaped her plate with dried fish and berry toast, coating the latter with cheri jam.

Oh, good, she got it right this time. It wouldn't do if she coated her dried fish with jam two days in a row. :mewlulz:

Murkrow sighted in the Moorlands Forest, along with strange noises reported from deep within.

That's totally not ominous at all. No doubt that's an issue the gang's gonna have to clear up at some point in the future.

And now Tinker wants them in his office. Whatever for?

“Are you feeling any better?” Cleo asked, somewhat relieved her fears had been nothing more than just that.

“Oh yes!” Mischief closed his eyes and nodded. “I think I’ve understood it all.”

Good to see he seems to have cheered up a bit from last night. That wouldn't do, if he were to still be moping over the events of the night before.

“I sent out a search party to recover the noivern’s body. I wanted to be sure of the dragon’s identity, since… well, Hydreigon does have a noivern ace in his team.”

“Boomer,” said Spark.

Afraid that ship has sailed on your end, dear Tinker. There won't be any body to find because it's been pilfered already.

Guess the gang has to keep Mischief's previous killing a secret from him for now. Although I get the feeling the secret will be out before long...

Definitely caution needed when exiting and entering New City. How long before someone messes it up and Hydreigon's forces smell a Rattata, and in turn find out the existence of New City?

Cleo hadn’t marked it as a red cross on her map, since it was still safe for the Outcasts to step foot on. None of the Darkness had been sighted there… yet.

That's gonna change soon, given what we heard before about Harbinger. Although that then begs the question if he's affiliated with the Darkness at all. He's a Dark-type, so possibly likely, although there's no guarantee just yet.

Chapter 7

Seems like Harlequin's species isn't revealed to us immediately, other than them having a black tail. Guess we'll have to wait a bit to find that out.

“Apparently it was from some Heretics deep in the Moorlands Forest. I want you to seek out those Heretics and retrieve that information for me.”

So it appears that Enigma and our heroes are going to have an encounter sooner rather than later. And given what we've heard about Enigma's capabilities thus far....he'll be more than a handful for Cleo, Spark and Mischief, that's for sure.
1022006201795498075.webp
Even if Hydreigon told him to hold back, I bet any money he's not gonna follow through on his end.

And now we see Harlequin's a Zorua. Interesting...so this is the capable assassin that Hydreigon's sending? Between them and Tinker, there's definitely a case for pre-evolutions to ascend to high positions in this world. Still, it does beg the question of why they aren't evolved in the first place.

“That bell of yours might unnerve your targets,” Harlequin went on as they passed by beneath him.

Not too unlike Sirhan Dogen from AAI2, then, with how he used his bell in his assassinations.

“Sarcasm?” Harlequin raised an eyebrow. “Who bailed you out when we had to take out those outlaws?”

“I wasn’t expecting them to have an obstagoon in their ranks!” Enigma scoffed.

I guess that answers my question as to whether all Dark-types necessarily swore allegiance to Hydreigon. Which is to say, a resounding no.
Why does Enigma hate boats? What, did he have a bad experience with one sometime in his past? Maybe a jokester-type flipped over his boat for amusement sometime in the past and Enigma had to contend with the unpleasant river, or something to that effect.

Harlequin and Enigma definitely feel like a pair that share banter, although whether that's 'good friends' banter or 'rivals in the same organisation' banter is still to be determined.

And now back to our protagonists where there's a mystery to be had over the state of this dried-up river. They did mention there had been a heatwave some time back, so maybe it's related to that? Although more likely it's related to Harbinger's incoming calamity.

“I think we’re best trying to find the river’s source. That way, we can find out if something’s blocking it. It’s not entirely impossible there’s been a land slide.”

“How do we do that?” Spark asked.

You, uh, follow the river to higher ground. Were you not taught this in Geography class, Spark? (Though with the river dried up, it would be harder to determine where it's coming from.

All she knew was that something was blocking off the water supply, and it could go one of two ways - a natural accident, or malicious intent.

Well, hey - Absol are known to predict both...and 'bad omens' can be a pretty broad term.

Ah yes, the age-old trouble of scaling down a mountain. What a troublesome ordeal it can be.

'Just jump' can be good advice, particularly for those scared of heights. (Like me.
999476649072529409.webp
)

“What on earth is that? All right, I take back what I said. That doesn’t smell like stagnant water, that smells like somethin’ dead!”

Oh no, that's not a good sign. There's gonna be at least one dead body coming up in three, two, one...
1170777228464894031.webp

The rocks smoothed out, forming a perfect disk, complete with the Guild’s sun symbol.

Wait, what? What's that symbol doing here, of all places?

So...heaps of bodies dammed up the river. A gruesome image, and I don't blame the group for wanting to empty the contents of their breakfast. But now this is bad, very bad indeed.

Chapter 8

Another new face in Skipper the Marshtomp. (Funny, I could've sworn there's another fic that has a Marshtomp named Skipper, although it's not coming to me at present...) Also, I see he has a Scottish accent with his "Och aye" statement and further such statements that feels Scots-like.

This speculation seems to suggest that Harbinger (who's probably behind all this, if I had to guess) is not aligned with Hydreigon and is operating on his own devices. Also, the revelation here that Harlequin uses poisons? Interesting, interesting...I guess that's one way to get over their unevolved status as a Zorua.

But pretty much, whoever did it is clearly a vindictive soul."

Lines up with what we saw of Harbinger. That is a vindictive soul if I ever did see one.

"Could it have been a zangoose?" Spark asked, with some hope in her voice.

Come to think of it, there was a Zangoose back during that scene with Harbinger. Hmmm...perhaps Harbinger wanted to make this calamity personal to them in particular?

He'd only just re-learnt about the world, but to see this… it was like a wake-up slap. Reality dumped on him.

Poor Mischief. Imagine seeing something like this, not long after being told about the world in which the Outcasts live. :sadwott:

Whoever did this is clearly a crafty one. Seems Harbinger's a thoughtful soul to cover up his tracks like this.

"My orders are clear, Cleo," said Tinker. "That noivern poses more of a risk to us than this tainted water source,

Errrrrrr...you sure about that, Tinker? A heap of dead bodies and a poisoned river here, yet you still insist on finding a lone dead body that's long gone by this point? Makes me wonder if this guy should really be the one in charge...

And now back to our devilish double-dealers in Harlequin and Enigma, where they seemed to have lucked out with actually having a river on which to ride a boat on. Though now I wonder if they'll happen upon the same issue the Outcasts are having with no water on the riverbed.

"Ten gold to ride this boat under the protection of your crew?"

"Ten gold?!" the raticate wheezed. "I barely get one per crate!"

A fascinating insight into how money works, if only ten gold is enough to garner the Raticate's attention. Also it's called 'gold' and not 'Poké' like I've seen in other PMD fics.

"Sparin' us outlaws surely means your own death?"

Guess there is an outlaw problem in Hydreigon's domain. Not surprising, with the way he rules.

"I can't speak for him," Harlequin explained. "But I highly doubt he's going to betray me."

A sign that a betrayal might well be incoming? I get the feeling thus far that despite their similar enough personalities, Harlequin and Enigma aren't quite as thick as thieves, if our resident Zorua's coming out with remarks like this.

"How about I spare you and each and every one of your crew?" Enigma fixed the rat in a crimson glare. "You are traitors, after all."

A tremor ran through the rat from his ears to the tip of his tail. "V-very well."

Well, that's a bit more blunt. And somewhat expected of Enigma to come out with a threatening statement something like that.

"I don't get lonely," Enigma said bluntly. "I get bored."

And when one gets bored, that opens the door for...deeds of a nefarious kind to be committed.

Hydreigon's library had been burned down a long time ago, taking any manuscripts with it.

Alas, an in-universe equivalent of the Burning of the Libary of Alexandria happened. RIP. :sadbees:

And now we're introduced to a Noibat called Echo, along with his fellow Noibat companions. Does Echo have any familial relation to Boomer, I wonder? (Also, boy do these guys throw out questions one after another.)

"I need to spread them out as much as I can," Yurlik explained. "Estellis is huge, and this cocoon could be anywhere."

Cocoon? First thing to come to mind is the Cocoon of Destruction...aka Yveltal. Oh no, they're looking for the God of Death to get his power and take over Estellis, aren't they?
401076862924750848.webp

"Watch your mouth, Rumble, or you'll find yourself cleaning the guano pit."

Urgh...the most unpleasant of punishments.

This talk about Mischief makes me wonder if the Darkness will devise some counter for dealing with Mischief and other discovered Fairy-types. Perhaps when they discover Poison and Steel are effective towards them...

He deeply hoped Harlequin could make swift work of that whimsicott, before it became a huge problem.

A way to salt the earth before rebellious seeds sprout. Nip Mischief in the bud, and then there'll be no more big threats. Although there are more Fairy-types lurking about than just him...

Chapter 9
“Not ignoring them.” The caution in her voice was aimed more at her unsteady footwork. “Just bending them.”

Clever girl, Cleo. You'll be a master at interpreting words differently yet. :copyka:

They talk about heading into more danger, although to be honest danger was kinda always a part of this.

Aww, Cleo cares for Mischief. Perhaps the most trusting towards him of anyone we've seen thus far in this fic.

it’s pretty clear Tinker doesn’t.”

“Tinker wouldn’t trust his own nose if it wasn’t attached to his face.”

Ironic, then, that Tinker called Cleo out for being mistrusting when he himself doesn't seem to be similar to her in that regard.

All the damage done is surprising, and now I wonder if Harbinger has a more secret power behind them to be able to cause this much damage. In fact...I wonder if he might in fact have any power relating to the 'cocoon' that Hydreigon's seeking out...

Intriguing concept, the factionless Pokémon are. I suppose they would exist, 'mons who don't like any of what's going on in the world and just want to live their lives in peace. Hard to do, though, when a tyrannical Hydreigon's forces are breathing down your neck. And so many became Heretics or Outcasts instead.

And now Tinker and Skipper are cooperating. Funny, that wouldn't be the first PMD fic I've read where a Riolu and a Marshtomp work together.

“It’s entirely possible there ain’t a target,” said Skipper. “Some loony coulda just done all this because they can.”

You may well be closer to the mark there than you'd think, Skipper...

The desperate marks to block up the river feel oddly unprofessional. Did Scratch and Claw try and do this? Somehow I thought Harbinger was more professional than that. Or could this be the work of another?

“Glass half empty!” Skipper chortled.

“The world is in a dire state and you make jokes?” Tinker scoffed.

Hey, don't be a spoilsport, Tinker. After all, in dire times like these, the soul needs at least some form of levity, usually through jokes or something to that nature.

I swear, every time Tinker's everstone is brought up, I feel compelled to yell, "WHY. AREN'T. YOU. EVOLVED?!" :screm: There's a story there for sure, especially if he's not willingly discarding it.

Oh hey, it's the Zangoose from earlier.

An absol? Tinker exchanged worried glances with Skipper. It didn’t make any sense. Weren’t all absol wiped out years ago?

Huh, this is new. Absol were driven to extinction? And yet Harbinger remains....I think we've found where his vindictiveness might've come from.

Oh, so the dams were an effort by the Breloom and Zangoose here. That would explain the lack of professionalism about it all.

And now we get our first Outcast-Heretic conflict in this. Kudos to Tinker for being selfless in spite of the difference in allegiance.

Could those Heretics have been targeted for being Heretics? Is Harbinger an 'ends justifies the means' form of Outcast? Is he even an Outcast? So many questions, yet so few answers at this time...

Chapter 10

Enigma's hatred of boats is due to the travel sickness, huh? That would make anyone hate them. Can't say I blame him.

“You’ve gone the colour of an oran berry,” said Harlequin.

“Don’t mention berries,” Enigma groaned.

Is that how Banette look when they're sick? Blue instead of green?

A fallen sycamore? Not too unlike that fallen tree Cleo and co. encountered last chapter. I don't think it's the same one though - I imagine plenty of Pokémon would probably fell trees with the intent to use them as bridges like here and the tree we saw last chapter. Would be awkward for boat travellers like our resident outlaws here.

The fallen tree wasn't an accident, then. More of Harbinger's 'calamity'? It sure seems like it at first glance. And if he's targeting Harlequin and Enigma, along with the Heretics, then it feels like he has a death wish on every faction. The exception are the Outcasts, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wishes for their deaths too.

How ironic, that there'll be an assassination attempt on the assassins.
803821849384583219.webp

Normally, the dry river would be moving away from the crimson sky. Fleeing it. At sunset, the sky was always red over the Shadow Lands. A warning to any wandering Outcasts to go the other way.

I guess the saying 'Red sky at night, shepherd's delight' isn't a thing here. More like 'Red sky at night, Outcasts' blight.' (Kinda proud of that rhyme, not gonna lie.)

And now back to Cleo and friends, where bad feelings are all around. Understandable, when there's an Absol in the area.

He looked up and met her eyes, all spirit returning in an instant. “I want to join the Guild, like you two.”

Ah, I had a feeling he'd be saying this. Now that his innocence has worn away a tad, I guess we're getting to see a more serious side to him we wouldn't have before.

“The Guild’s leader went missing years ago, before we joined. No one has seen him since. Tinker never speaks about him either, so everyone else keeps it hush-hush.”

Well now. Isn't that an interesting drop of info? Tinker just so happened to replace the Guild's leader who disappeared a while ago. I had a feeling he was a bit suspicious, but now those feelings have heightened more than a little after hearing that revelation.
796822964019527760.webp

The Pachirisu body's gone? Oh dear, we may have a Romein LeTouse situation on our hands.

“Come on. We need to head back. I’m starting to feel very uneasy right now…”

No, you find out what happened to that dead body. Sometimes needs must, and unease must be thrown to the wind.

“I think,” she said quiet enough for only Spark and Mischief to hear her, “that it might be safer if we don’t head back at all.”

Oh? Cleo and the gang might well be doing a rogue arc? At least for now?

She was certain she’d seen something. The light reflecting in a pair of crimson eyes, or the fading light bouncing off a pokemon’s shiny hide.

Could that be Harbinger? But isn't he further upstream looking to deal with Enigma and Harlequin? Or...could it be the Zangoose? Curious...

And boy, that was a close call towards nearly being cleaved in two by that attacker. The fear was well captured in that last part, and I have to commend that much prose-wise.

Chapter 11

That attack was done by a pair? Mischief caught on quickly to that. In fact, I'm noticing now that he's usually the first to notice a few things, like how he was the first to notice the missing body. Seems he's sharper than he came across at first.

“I say we just grin and bare it.”

I think it should be 'grin and bear it' here instead.

What a coincidence that it's a pair of Breloom cleaning up the poisoned river, while there was also a Breloom among the village's survivors. I don't think this means anything, but it's an interesting thing to note regardless.

And now the gang are back to New City, where things are bustling and Tinker's nervousness over the whole ordeal has made everyone take up training.

the excited voices of hatchlings at play.

A stark reminder of the fact that children are having to live in these conditions in such a brutal world. :sadwott:

And now comes the interrogation over Cleo's oversight and Mischief's supposed allegiances. Man, am I disliking Tinker just a bit more now, especially when he won't acknowledge his own oversight in this matter.

At least he was brought around in the end. But hmm, I'm still miffed at Tinker for his earlier doubts. And he still wants to go after that long-gone Noivern? Get better priorities, man.

Communicators exist in this world? Huh, I thought that wouldn't be a thing here.

Cleo and Tinker coming more to arguments and protests speaks to me that there's gonna need to be an understanding at some point between these two.

Seems there's body-snatchers abound, with the Noivern and the Pachirisu both. The latter of which is still a mystery...

“He was going home,” she said as the idea formed in her mind.

Little does she know how right she is.

But what did he find? Maybe it’s important.”

“It might be. I say we keep retracing his path until we find it.”

And now the next objective falls into place. I imagine that it'll be a race to find that information, what with Hydreigon's troops wishing to figure out the same thing. And in turn, that may lead to our next Outcast-Darkness conflict.

“You know what’s funny?” said Spark. “If this were a salamence, no one would even be questioning it.”

What a coincidence, because didn't Yurlik and Hydreigon also bring up a Salamence, something which angered our resident tyrant?

Oh boy, a beeg Pokémon's approaching.

Oh no wait, it's just Harlequin. Although now it looks like our gang have a situation to prise themselves out of. Curious that they have a Horn of Death, seemingly. Just what is that thing?

Good thing Mischief has an edge against Dark-types like Harlequin, otherwise the team would be in a decidedly Not Good place right now.

Oh dear, the madness is breaking out again. That's concerning.
1170777228464894031.webp
At least Cleo and Spark were able to halt the madness in its tracks before anything could get out of hand.

Tinker describing the special location out loud? That totally won't lead to it being picked up by any enemy parties.

Chapter 12

Fire and Poison? Is a Salazzle gonna show up this chapter or what?

Kinda would make sense that Harlequin would work alone, given their status as only a Zorua. And clearly they're not the most able if Mischief was able to nearly make mincemeat of them last match.

The forest is ablaze again? At this rate, it's gonna be burnt to the ground altogether.

she realised she’d made a fatal error.

She’d dropped Mischief in all the chaos.

Oh dear. This is a certified Not Good moment. Whatever may happen to that ball of mischief and madness?
635766661743640596.webp

The grovyle

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: One of my favourite species detected.

So now we get a glimpse on the Heretic side of things. And judging by Mint's interactions with Enigma, they're evidently not all bootlickers to Hydreigon. Very much, it's made clear who the dominant one is in this relationship.

They mentioned a lab with Noivern, and now I'm curious if there's any relation between that place and the Clean Place that Mischief was in. Could it be the same location?

And now back to Cleo and Spark, where in the ensuing kerfuffle both of their targets were lost.

Oh, it turned out it was all an illusion? Come to think of it, has much been said about Harlequin's capabilities in regards to illusions? Because that does seem like a tactic they would pull.

And luckily and conveniently, our lost duo are right next to each other. Good thing too - that would be a shame if our resident ball of fluff disappeared on the spot without a trace.

“Makes you wonder,” said Spark. “I often think the Darkness aren’t scared of anything. They wouldn’t cause all this suffering if they were scared, right?”

Not quite, for fear definitely has a way of leading to aggression, to eradicate the threat at hand. A good few stories have the baddies fuelled by fear (Xenoblade X being one that comes to mind), and as a certain long-haired priest prosecutor once said, "A cornered frog will swallow even a snake." And fear will no doubt be one of the key reasons behind the brutality of future assaults courtesy of the Darkness.

Tinker certainly has some strength if he's able to lift Harlequin without much effort at all. A surprising amount of strength for that little Riolu body of his.

Quite a grim scene in the prison, and now I wonder more by the day whether all Dark-types are necessarily 'bad' in this fic.

The poison of a Nidoking horn...a potent poison, alright. A lucky escape Cleo and co. got from it.

So there was a Poison-type rebellion at some point, and now a lot of them have been wiped out. Morbid, but on the bright side, that at least means that Mischief, very weak to them, won't have as many enemies in that category.

Cleo found herself questioning the zorua’s age and gender.

I actually noticed that too, that Harlequin has been referred to as 'they' until now. Could they be non-binary, by any chance?

An intriguing mysterious item in Harlequin's bag. Whatever could it be?

Their eyes lacked that fierce fire, now angry and wet with unshod tears.

By that reaction, it could very well be a precious keepsake. Suddenly, Harlequin's looking slightly more sympathetic as a character.

This would be a prime opportunity to start thinking about moving in on Hydreigon and finally getting rid of him.”

Wow, already? But it's only been twelve chapters! I had a feeling we'd be playing the resistance game for a lot longer than this.

“If we found more of that new type, our armies would increase in strength significantly.

Yeah, like the little mouse that's been under your nose this whole time, Cleo.

Oh, so with Harlequin being taken as a hostage, I guess they're gonna become more acquainted with the Zorua in time. Which may make my theory of them being a more sympathetic type that may well turn tail become true.

And it seems Cleo has traumatic memories from the mention of Howlinger and the Wildfires. The lot that burned down her home, no doubt. Guess we'll have to contend with seeing just who they are in the near future.

Conclusion

In the meantime, I think that wraps this review up.

All in all, I really enjoyed this! An intriguing insight into a fic that's been on my list for a while, but I've never gotten around to reading it. And now that I have, I can report that I did enjoy these twelve or so chapters. There's a great feeling of sympathy for the plight of the Outcasts, with how they have to resist the Darkness day in, day out. There's an intrigue about the Darkness in that while powerful, some chinks in their armour are beginning to arise, and how the onset of fearful feelings could well be the reason behind their aggression. And while they didn't get a whole lot of focus in these first few chapters, the Heretics have their own nuances about them, with being supposedly pragmatic in serving the Darkness yet are looked down on by Hydreigon and his troops. It's a nice look on factionalism within a world ruled by a tyrant, examining the different attitudes that result from the rise of such cruel leadership, and I do enjoy stories of this nature quite a bit, watching that regime's cruelty be taken down notch by notch.

And the characters are great too. Cleo's slightly standoffish yet caring nature is endearing, and as a Meowstic lover, I am drawn to her a bit more than others in the cast. Spark's great too, with their quips and Big Eater nature. I like Mischief at first for his pure innocence and later on his resolve to help when matters get serious. Tinker's a curious one - there's definitely a deeper story behind why he has that everstone, I'm sure of it. And there's some intrigue on the Darkness's side, with Enigma and Harlequin standing out the most for their devious plotting and potential to possibly be lured away from the Darkness and become allies with Cleo and co.

Not really much in the way of faults, although the emphasis on some of the 'gamey' elements, like during the simulation with Mischief, can be a bit ill-fitting in prose fiction. Also, it's sorta odd reading a fic where Fairy-types are a new phenomenon when they've been around for some time in the franchise now. Though that's more an aging thing that probably wasn't as odd back when this fic was conceived.

This was a good read, and I'll definitely be recommending this fic to my fellow PMD peers. Good job, and I look forward to seeing what else this fic has to offer.

K_S

Chapter 15
Blitz review

Normally i'd say i feel bad for someone wrestling trauma triggered by terrain.. But as it is halbringer having these feels i'm less inclined to feel bad since i suspect he might of offed his folks and homeland. He seems the type.

More so as he muses that hes not a help type 'mon. Curious that his two pawniard seem more inclined to investigate and help. But absol can totally chill in his doom and disaster box..

Oh boy he jist found cloe and co... This is going to go bad unless he just stomps off and nopes out of the scene... Alrighty then.

"I'm not going to feed you, feed yourself": cloe... As she pushes the food bag at spark.

"Yep working hard for it" spark digs into bag for num nums. "Could you tip it?"

Cloe obliges.

The irony of master poisoner being forced to test the water... Now he might have some immunities per exposure and alterations if he has ties with the heritics... Not that anyones thinking it... I'm surprised they let zorau bathe considering they've been screaming and fighting every inch of this unwanted road trip.

Cleos got some morals. Doors would swing open wide if they dangled mr. Poison specialist on a rope and offer townspeople free licks. Spark seems a little disapointed they arent going that route but they do have a point. Without tinkers tech how are they going to find more like mischief besides flat put asking or making a show and dance out of mischief.

And frictions be rising courtesy of sparks which is both fitting and nominally ironic.

And so the speed walk to town to get a few walls between mr dark and his jailers commences... I think pwr the roars everyones gunna be here aka the heratics plan b is going to be coming front and center.

Its not a sirprise thengroupngets taken doen. Odds like that plus poison feathers they didnt have a chance... Harbringer just mossies over near the end to watch everything fall apart and is feeling very teritorial about his kill. Those heratics are going to have problems either enroute to thier facility or when harbringer starts tearing down thier walls out of sheer spite...

K_S

Chapter 16
Review blitz

I'm surprised tinkers partner in crime didnt sugest tinker sit on the egg all things considered. Though i wonder if the water type is aware of whats in the egg. Tinkers a mon to hold his cards to his chest and all that but this is a freaking dragon type here.

At least skippers kinda getting it and got some concerns... Tinkers motive of making the unborn inprint on an outcast to weaponize it screams amoral amd desperate (and tinker). Wonder if its been tried before.

And cleos wakong up in evil lab central. I wondered if theyd be intercepted en route but i guess not. (If inquire gets in first to rescue harl things are going to get messy fast) this probably is the clean place isnt it?

Yeah and this is why not gently breaking everything to mischief before capture was an incredibly bad idea... They had a chunk of time before setting out but everyone waited way too long so hes gettingnhis crash course here. Winces. Are there other mon bound here too? Besides the cast?

I tjink Hyd' s going to be more than mildly interested when who that zorau being held captive by sinks in...

I forgot rio was a meowstic loke cleo is. I wonder if thats going to complicate mischiefs relationship with cleo later on...

And cleos got her own trauma to wrangle out. I didnt gather she was rhe last ofnher kind... But having it subverted like this... Shes going to take some damage from that and be eaten alive wondering after the others isnt she?

And assuming rio isnt lying through his fangs hes taking pot shots at everyones moral. Though i wonder why harl was spooked about enigma?

And after all the drama spark wakes up totally oblivious. Love harls suggestion though i think her tail would be more useful in picking a lock...

And now we got a plan within a plan. Enigmas getting the left overs, we got a mysterious plan c, and mischief is off to the labs oh joy.

K_S

Chapter 17
blitz review

Should this be titled jailbreak? It feels like it needs to be titled jailbreak for everyones mental and physical wellbeing.

And we get to see what harbringer is up to. Knowing cloe and cos luck everyones going to be bareling down in this lab all at once. Wondering if the absol can trigger a disaster rather then fortel them... Or rather if he triggers them for funsies and to forward his schemes and pins his reputation on it.

Well my question got kinda answered. Though i'm shocked no one actually allied with the absol and employed them as warning systems...

I mean besides harbringer because personality alone yeesh...

Harbringer releasing the tyramitar is going to flatten the place. As well as every person around that place. I hope he can run really fast.

Or he could loosen the binds and make the staff freak out. Fair middle ground that gives his two steely asociates time to loot. He's definitly getting an eyeful and an education and the fact that these heritics are basically sittiing on a timebomb that makes him sweat is... Alarming.

Also meowstics wordage... Trainer.. Makes me wonder a bit.

Rio: (cheerily) log 2454. Progress! it is pernima locked into murder mode and killed and ate people but we drugged it! Only took 7 shots of drugs! Not worried about it developing imunity, not one bit!

Harbringer: (freaking out)

Rio: log 2455. So we gave it pernament outdoor privlages with chain accessories! Everythings fine! Composted the dead to help with food supplies.

Harbringer: ( pointedly looks at raging tyranitar outside, realizing what he almost freed). "Your kidding me"

rio: log 2456. ohh lets make more of these! Also, note, add someone on staff to hunt and kill women and children to get a steady supply of nom for subject b!

Harbringer: is presently setting out charges, disasters, and plans to start tearing everything down.

Rio: last page: and i passed my sanity tests. Dont know why the staff did that whole intervention thing and made me do them but...

K_S

Chapter 18
Review blitz

And we are back to the cleo cast. Thats a cheery sandslash... I'm sure spark is hissing swears into her whiskers while the rest are trying not to freaknout. Wonder who is going to eat the "maybe" poisoned berries that they got passed.

I'd argue that the pecha berry might neutralize any standard poisons... But spark is like: "Meh... I doubt theyre going to kill us now" and risks insta death for a bite. Harl is probably regretting not poisoning thier chow because that'd of offed spark, the biggest pain in his side.

At least no one is (coughHarlcough) isnt picking on poor mischief. Granted i dont think mischief is going to respond as theyve shut down altogether... But we will see.

Aw cloe, ms tactless and blunt, is trying to rally mischief. Yeah, pull a tinker excuse call cloe, very self aware.

How do whiskers short? Harl seems to know more than he suspects... And of course its the sause. It was the only odd thing out with the food besides its ripeness.

Rio of course comes in to seperate the team... But mischiefs clean so that might not go too well. But considering his depression maybe not. Cleos got the mother of all migraines coming on.. And harl has a reasonably dark outlook on everything.

Harbringer clearly is going to bri g the whole place down with a bell and whistle. Hes clearly literally going to be burning the whole place to the ground. Funny how steel types are portable lighters. And i can see rio dying on the inside if those were his only work copies. And probably dying literally, actually.

Winces and we are hitting cleos trauma button. Hinted at the illusion and now on full display here. Harl is going to have so much amunition i hope spark is aware enough to pick up on that and steady cloe.

Also they really need to find mischief, like now as hes highly flamable.

I'm curious how and why the pawn bros wound up joining with our absol amd thier history, will you be elaborating later?

As they are all flambeing i think cloes more that willing to set aside alliences to keep everyone (and herself) alive.

The more harl talks the more i am joining the gag the dark fox club. No offence meant towards to faux if he reads this ....

And in being decent cleos made more aliences then tinker. Hopefully if bkossom gets a fairy move she reaches out to cloe later...

Snorts you can feel the sibling love as subject b is batting everyone around and the canine sibs are laughing at each other as theyre getting batted about.

Well rio called it. Although i'm surprised with how sophisticated the heritics are that cameras arent a thing... And hearing the bell rios day went from bad to "oh dear gaia why? Levels of messed up.

Yeah i don't think anyones going to believe the absol line rio. Since the masses (minus tinker -per parinoia- and harbringer-per being the last ine more than likely-) think they're extinct.

Enigma is making a point, anything living can die, something that as a ghost type would know very well... And anything with organs can be offed by something that can go intangable and play with those organs. And rios lifespan got whittled down to days i wager after that line. Methinks rio needs to get all his note copied, send them to another ally heritic outpost, and get his final affairs in order.

K_S

Chapter 19
Review blitz

I'm sorta suspicious that rio was either a human, or encountered a human. He used not only the term pet but a few other terms that hint at a human expeirence.

Funny how emigma is following along that train of thought... Also mischief was proven to be non contagious but i dont know if project b was.... Or how well noncomunicitablity holds up to extream body fluid exposture (i mean enigma dug around in its organs).

And we have tree... Great cut off ro musing and plotting... Mother nature branch smacking you between the ears...

Well you see enigma... While highly morally questionable in character halbringers got a few scrupples and isn't willing to ignore probable rabbid/zombie "last of us" 'mon inspired armagedon here... That might be the deciding factor.

And enigma is going hunting i hope cloe and co milked that headstart hard.

Harl': (attempts to mindgame to undermine cloe.)
Spark: too hostile/hungey to care
Mischief: too depressed to care
Cloe: (posessing the teams sole braincell) i mean now, seriously, youre doing this now?
Harl': alright so bad decisioms were made and its all your fault but i will conceed you are right... For now...

Honestly i'm worried that mischief is sliding into the depressive (pre pernamently manic) stage of his pokerus journey

And in thier mad dash to escape crows they find... A shrine? Now might be a good idea to slide a sack over harl's head so he doesn't get any plot relevent information.... Just a suggeston.

Or let spark shock them sensless. For an assassin harl' makes the stupidist mistakes. Hasnt he realized winding up spark is bad for thier health?
And it takes two to tango and there be factions, discontents, ect. Harls got a point that everyones living in tunnel vision with thier immediate own people and a lot of the world state is due to that.

I'm guessing the mon on the hill is xerneas

And the mon everyone is fleeing is its avian oposite...

Harls protestation seem.rooted less in disillusionment and more in data wonder how much he knows. Definitly more that that "no" by far. And i'd almost suggest breaking into the heritics lab to resteal the zoroas stone
It seems that important.

As for harl's escape attemt thwarted by that sighting... I don't blame him.for sitting and staying after 'mon god gives him a scolding look for trying to slink off.

Wonder how many other legends are.going to benin this fic. Xern' and yv' seem.to be playing catholic god/satan analogies will the other legends be saints/ or other pantheons?

Top Bottom