• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon The 1K Words Oneshots

Last ‘Mon Standing
  • Cresselia92

Gym Leader
    Pronouns
    She/Her/Hers
    Partners
    1. ho-oh
    2. sneasel-nyula
    3. rayquaza-cress
    4. celebi-shiny
    6852FCFF-11AE-4993-8232-A69F23783269.png

Thousands of unknown faces are staring at us, looking from every corner of the stadium. Roaring, cheering, waiting to see who will win this fight.

Our final fight. Against our rivals.

We’ve come so far. I remember when we first met, a year ago. When you looked at me. When I looked back at you. When destiny made us meet each other.

We’ve faced many challenges. Met new friends. Battled other humans. Seen our team become stronger. And… lost many of our teammates. I still miss them. I know you miss them, too.

But now we’re here. Our dream is finally at our reach. Our friends have sacrificed everything for us. Only us two remain now.

It’s time to become legends. Champions.

I won’t fail you, my friend.

Your rival shouts something. I see the cannons of my rival filling with water, before shooting enormous streams in my direction. With a flap of my wings, I fly high and away from the jets.

“Air Slash,” you shout.

I adjust my trajectory before flapping my wings with all my might, sending sharp blades of wind toward my rival. However, he reacts quickly by hiding inside his impenetrable shell. The blades clash noisily on its surface, dissipating in clouds of air.

You look thoughtful, and from the look you are giving me, it seems you have an idea.

“Dragon Pulse,” you say, and point your finger toward the upper hole of the shell — straight to the head.

I nod and gather a powerful energy in my jaws, the destructive essence of a dragon. I swoop down and unleash the blue wave into the hole, letting out all my fury.

My rival cries out loudly. That shriek fills me with pride — the attack succeeded.

Your rival shouts a new command, and before I can react, my rival rams into me. I hear a crunch in my chest, my ribs struck at full force. I roar in agony as I’m sent reeling backwards. Then, I hit the floor.

My rival rushes forward and pins me to the ground with a foot. He aims his cannons at me, more water starting to flow into them and readying to shoot a point blank blow.

No… I need to get up. I must get up. For our fallen friends. For us.

I feel my throat becoming incandescent as the fire on my tail becomes brighter and bigger. I roar on my rival’s face, releasing an explosive stream of flames, strong enough to make him stagger back in shock and allowing me to wriggle out of the way.

My rival retreats in the shell and whirls like a spinning top, racing toward me at top speed.

I hear you shout “Catch with Metal Claw,” which I find odd. But I trust you, so I do as you commanded.

I spread out my arms while my claws become as hard as steel, before digging my claws into the spinning form of my rival. I let out a strained growl — my rival is spinning way too fast — and I feel the corners of the shell scraping at my skin and arms. However, the rotation slowly comes to a halt, and my rival wriggles in my grasp, trying to break free.

I won’t allow this. I gather more fire in my mouth and spew another stream toward my rival, encasing both of us in a twister of flames. The anguished roars of a burning beast echo around the stadium, but they are stifled by the uproar of yelling humans, rooting for their favorites.

You smile at me. We are about to win!

However, your rival… has that unreadable expression. Dark, almost twisted.

Your rival shouts another command and I feel myself like freezing. I notice an orb of ice forming inside my rival’s jaws, aimed straight at me.

I panic — my claws are stuck into the shell. I won’t be able to get out of the way.

And then, a chilling energy invades my whole body, snuffing out the heat I had been radiating until now. I try to roar, but only a wheeze comes out from my throat. Even my lungs are frozen, after that powerful attack.

I fall to my knees. Attempt to breathe, cough, shiver. I can feel my flame fading.

Your rival looks at us, almost with pity. It’s hard to tell underneath that smug expression. You, however, have a different expression.

Shocked.

Terrified.

Hopeless.

Your rival points at me, then looks at my rival. The last command.

My rival takes a few steps back, just as two enormous towers of water erupt from the cannons and form a massive tidal wave. I try to flap my wings, but they are covered in thick ice, making it impossible to escape by flying.

I look at you. You look back at me. We both know what’s about to come, but we’ll push through the deep end.

Together.

You mutter your command.

“Blast Burn.”

Glaring defiantly at the tsunami, I gather all the firepower I have left in my body. I send every single bit of energy into my mouth. Then, I let it all out. A raging inferno races through the arena.

Fire and water clash together in a glorious explosion of steam and scalding liquid, two mortal enemies trying to win against each other.

My rival and I are caught in the chaos. But out of both, I took it worse.

With no energy in my body, I hit the ground. I feel numb, my sight is darkening.

I hear you calling me by my name. The name you’ve given me when we first met.

You lift my head and look at me. I can see you as a bit more than a shadow now, but the gleam in your eyes is unmistakable.

You beg me. Implore me to not go. To hang in there. To stay with you.

But this is a promise I can’t fulfill.

I’ve failed, my friend.

My flame goes out.

I’m sorry…

Top Bottom