• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

That one scene...

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
You know that scene...

It either popped into your head as you were brainstorming and became an end point. Became the apex of your characters development, arch, or intro. Or it was the payoff for all that forshadowing and worldbuilding.

Or for those fly by the seat of your pants writers it was the instigating brainwave behind that monster of a fic or one shot that you're embroiled with.

I can think of two off the cuff and i look forward to yours...

Pokemon themed flavor via Roost for the "I was working my way up to it" type.

The fight scene between Green and her folks was the "begining of the end" of her arch of being a civilian. Whether she joins Rocket or just goes independent thief under the table is still up in the air but by chapter 17 shes out of even pretending to play nice with mainstream society.

She's tried so hard to make it work, being a good girl (by her folks standards) and ignoring all her trauma and shoveling herself into a mold and trying to reassimulate into a normal life..

And all that denial is not helping her at all.

Facing down her "Da" and those meant to institutionalize her... She snaps. Its bloodless, but a disaster property damage wise and i'd become less and less subtle about her distancing from norms until she flat out states "I gave you my trust to over see me. My brother(silver). And this part of my life and youve broke it." and so she breaks everything on her way out in retaliation.

Theres other but i habemt gotten to them yet in tale si i wont divulge to spare spoilers...

Alt fandom (aka legend of zelda linked universe idea)... Presently untitled it was a case of... This scene/idea inspired a fanfic.

Basically its Twilight Princess in game canon reimagined with the Links from the nes and snes joining in. As in "the links with canon established alternate forms".

Knocked down from being the saviours of thier regions and armed to the teeth.... Hero victim one, Hyrule (nes link) is trapped in the body of a fairy (inches big humanoid with wings) and Legend (snes) trapped in a body of a bright pink bunny.

And they join the story just in time for Kakariko Village from to be swarmed under by the big bads curse. Aka pernament midnight, foul luck, trapped in a small geological area, and cthullu esk shadow peoples spawning and taking victims to be nomed...

Then toss in this canon's Link, Twilight, plowing in trying to save everyone and shape locked into a wolf with a very dubious assistant Midna...

I basically was mapping out the tri-pronged rescue efforts in my head and realized i had a lot of story leading to it... But the finale of the fight was located in Kakarikos tavern... With Twi/wolf link herding the monsters (he was a goat sheppard) while fairy/hyrule is unscrewing the chandeler's bolts and brings it and a chunk of the roof down as a finishing move... While Mr. Bloodthiesty Bun-bun is taking stragglers orr outside by himself... Legend started the fight with Hyrule riding him like a horse helter skelter through the town and throwing themselves in the monsters faces to Hyrule can shovel concentrated light magic into them and off the beasts.

Anyway i hit two realizations. One i was gunna have to build up to this and two... So much upcoming world/lore building was in my future.

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
Okay, so, I'm still not fully sure what was the question, but uuuuh assuming it's basically something like "the scene that made you realize yes, you'll have to write your story" damn you non-auto-correcting outlines in this good year of Arceus of 2024?

One candidate would be the pivotal scene in As They Were where Virizion commands his acolyte Caolené (the Leavanny MC) to "explain this" when the caravan is standing before a railroad crossing... and the Leavanny nor the other retainers have any idea what's going on. I think I realized there that my characters were becoming deep enough that one story would soon not suffice to have them "explained", because Virizion is now thinking in more philosophical terms and Caolené is switching from the "human society" to the "Pokémon society". Both Caolené and Virizion would end up getting another story each so... yeah.

As for "that scene that became an end point", kinda like, the scene I had to write because I wanted to read it? There could be two there, the scene in A Good Year to Rawr that's basically Taverna doing the Bazelgeuse invader intro, which is something I desperately wanted to get to write considering I'm a Monster Hunter fan, or the scene in Dangerous Upgrade where Gamañel complains that Girng·neryá shouldn't show up in the story because the Gates roster is limited to Generation V. Taverna's scene still didn't came out the way I wanted to, because writing contest deadlines and stuff, but if there's ever an eventual rewrite that one's defo going to get some extra attention.

Top Bottom