• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Tarnished Lands - Realm of the Golden King

Broken Throne
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    Inch by inch, all pressed forward. Each step seemed to grow heavier, the air denser and an overwhelming pressure on all sides. And finally, despite the sense that the land itself was trying all it could to hold them back, they stood before the shadowy throne. And it was... unimpressive. Broken, rusting and falling to pieces. Yet more consuming of ones attention was the figure upon the throne, blanketed in such darkness it was unnatural.

A humanoid figure.

Darkrai paused, but Clink drew closer, peering at it...

And then the figure rose from the throne, movements jerky and unnatural, limbs twisting, the angles all wrong. Puppet-like.

“Xavian!” Clink shrieked. They rushed forward, but Darkrai shifted and held out a clawed hand to stop them. The look in his gaze was unmistakeable. Wait.

The figure smiled, mouth too-wide and red eyes flashing as it cocked its head. It was unmistakably Xavian, but only in body. His clothes were tatters, and his face gaunt and exhausted.

“Darkrai... and friends. What a pleasure,” he leered. The voice sounded both like Xavian, yet completely wrong.

“You monster!” Clink shrieked, rage coloring their voice. “What have you done? Let him go!”

Orzo-Xavian laughed, his laugh, but mocking. He continued in an almost playful tone. “No, I don’t think I will.”

Chef Flygon’s tail lashed side to side, and his wings tensed. He looked nearly ready to say something, but Darkrai cast him a look before drifting forwards and facing Orzo.

He spoke calmly, tone filled with restrained yet righteous wrath. “Orzo, Once Golden King, we have come to demand the release of Xavian Montorzi and the kidnapped trainers from Kunolo Island. Relinquish them, now and surrender, and perhaps some minor degree of mercy shall be awared to your fate.”

A dark chuckle dripped from Orzo’s mouth. “No, it is you who must surrender, Darkrai. For so long I waited and planned for this day. How grand it is that you will be one of the first I will kill. I believe your predecessor was the one that first led the crusade against me, milennia ago. Then I shall tear apart that sniveling little hedgehog. She always was too keen for her own good. And then I shall move on to all the rest of you pathetic mythicals. You, who stole my realm, my power and everything that rightfully belonged to me." The room, and even the air itself vibrated with rage.

"And once all of you are dead for good, then the world will be right again. My world.” His voice deepened to an unnatural, malicious hiss.

The smile Orzo-Xavian wore shifted again, this time to a broad, cheerful grin. Yet Xavian's eyes didn't match it. Stepping forwards, Xavian’s arms spread out in an unsettling approximation of giving some kind of speech.

“However... I am a merciful king. I am willing to spare the lives of your partners, silly humans. All you must do is kneel.”

His red gazed danced across the assembled trainers. Amusement twisted his tone. “Kneel and you shall be spared. Resist and face annihilation.”

With each word he spoke, the air seemed to tremble and a great, horrible presence grew. A crushing pressure, closing in on all sides, crushing, overwhelming, almost unbearable. Yet at the same time, there was a sense of peace. Resolve. As if the pressure were there, but being repelled by a force.

The shadows in the roomed deepened, rising around him. Orzo spoke again, with a voice that drowned out thought.

“Kneel.”

Top Bottom