• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Spinda Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“One more whaa…?” A moment passed. “––Oh! One more—yeah! I’m allll for pouring another.” And pour another she did.

Uh oh!

Icetales stared at his fellow Vulpix with unease and concern. He didn’t know the average alcohol tolerance of a healthy Vulpix — as he never tasted more than a glass of alcohol in his life, and that sufficed! — but he could tell that Astrid had abundantly surpassed hers.

“M-Miss? Are thee… feeling swell?” he asked hesitantly, before showing his tails and wagging them. “Pronto! How many tails dost thou count?”

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“I’m reminded of a friend who loved to partake in hard liquor.” Bahamut chuckled. “If I remember correctly, there were quite a few times he woke up surrounded by salazzle.”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Oh, it was onnnnnnnnnnn.

She tried to down this one like she’d downed the previous however-many-who-knew, but this time, her liver caught up with her, and it wanted its fucking lease paid pronto. She made it halfway through her drink before conceding, adamant on stopping there so she wouldn’t drink herself right back to Vivillon City or whatever it was called.

“Alright, alriiiiight, you win. You’re too cool for sch—burp!

She sighed once, leaning partway to the side again—this time into Curio’s shoulder. “Oop. Sorry.” After correcting herself, she fought off a fit of uncontrollable giggling and tried to put on an innocent face.

“M-Miss? Are thee… feeling swell?” he asked hesitantly, before showing his tails and wagging them. “Pronto! How many tails dost thou count?”

“How many what?” she chortled. “Uhm… sh-shall I count mine too?”

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Wow, it was quite forward of Icepix to shove his tails in Astrid’s face. “If this is one of those ‘love at first sight’ situations, you might want to take a more subtle approach, sir.” He tapped a temple. “Or is that how you express affection where you’re from?” He smirked, clearly amused.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Alright, alriiiiight, you win. You’re too cool for sch—burp!

She sighed once, leaning partway to the side again—this time into Curio’s shoulder. “Oop. Sorry.” After correcting herself, she fought off a fit of uncontrollable giggling and tried to put on an innocent face.

Curio didn't budge away from Astrid's pass at her. She was almost disappointed when she backed away. "Looksh like I'm the winner, again!" Curio swayed in her seat, having trouble staying upright. "You make for a good drinkin' bud, though!"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“If this is one of those ‘love at first sight’ situations, you might want to take a more subtle approach, sir.” He tapped a temple. “Or is that how you express affection where you’re from?” He smirked, clearly amused.

Icetales blanched in a second. Or, at least, his fur took an even paler shade of white… somehow.

“What the—sir! No. No. I-It’s not…”

Well, wasn’t that an uncomfortable situation to find himself in! He could feel some heat going to his ears and face, but that was only because he was embarrassed and not because of hormones… was it?

“I-I-I am not that kind of fellow! Sir!” he squeaked, wrapping his tails around his body. “And thee should feel ashamed for even considering that!” His lips quivered and his ears flicked incessantly. “I… was merely trying to help a miss in distress. No more, no less.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut offered a respectful golf clap for Curio before chuckling at Icepix. "T'was a jest, I assure you. But you should be careful, because that gesture could definitely be interpreted that way. Certainly when you're amongst company from other worlds."

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales sighed. He wasn’t going to live this down, was he?

“…Duly noted, Sir Bahamut,” he muttered, before exhaling a small cloud and letting off his internal steam. “For the record, the Tail Fan technique is not seen as preposterous in my world. Whenever a fellow Ice-type feels unwell, fanning them with our frigid tails can be helpful in accelerating recovery from booze, malaise and whatnot. I wanted to… eventually cool her down to see if she could get over her fuddle a tad quicker.”

He scratched his cheek with a forepaw. “Though, I guess the gesture could be interpreted wrongly by other Pokémon from other cultures, huh…”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I've never heard of cool air helping someone recover from inebriation." He twisted his head around. Which he could do, since he didn't have a solid neck. Now he was looking at the ceiling. "Perhaps a heal seed would be most helpful, but for all we know, Diyem's replica bodies might just have to wait the drunkenness and hangover that follows out."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"I've never heard of cool air helping someone recover from inebriation." He twisted his head around. Which he could do, since he didn't have a solid neck. Now he was looking at the ceiling. "Perhaps a heal seed would be most helpful, but for all we know, Diyem's replica bodies might just have to wait the drunkenness and hangover that follows out."

“Ah, well, must be something from my world, then. Where I come from, some fresh air is a valid first-aid procedure.” He shrugged. “Still got to get used to the rules of this whimsical world, I guess. I shall wait, then.”

He took a glance at the two females: Astrid seemed more there than here, from what he could infer by her giggling and swaying, while Curio had managed to handle the alcohol much better than her ‘opponent’. Probably Riolu’s bodies were naturally sturdier. He couldn’t tell.

He focused his attention on Curio, showing a thin smile. “Well, hmm… How are thee feeling now, miss? Feeling in higher spirits?”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
He focused his attention on Curio, showing a thin smile. “Well, hmm… How are thee feeling now, miss? Feeling in higher spirits?”

Curio ignored the previous whiteknighting from Icetales and smiled. "Sort of. Dunno. Can't tell, woo..." She let out a big yawn like a Luxray. "I usually get really... schleepy..." She slapped herself to stay awake. "Sho... what do you do where you're from?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Sho... what do you do where you're from?"

Icetales grinned so widely that he could have easily been mistaken for a Gengar.

“Ah! I’m so pleased thou asked!” He puffed up his chest and wagged his tails. “Well, it might not sound like much to thee all, but last month I got promoted to majordomo of Majaspic Mansion, one of the most illustrious buildings of my world. That is one of the greatest honors and accomplishments for someone like yours truly.”

He laughed with thinly-veiled mirth. “Poor Gafferine Delcatty didn’t appreciate that, however. She certainly didn’t expect that anyone could reach her level so quickly, most likely.”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
"Major... what now?" Curio blinked a few times, trying to stay awake. "So... what does that mean?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“The chief. The second-in-command. The head butler,” he explained with excitement, before taking a quick sip at his newly-arrived tea. “Basically, my job is to ensure that everything in the mansion is working adequately and to lead my fellow butlers in taking care of appointments, meetings and all that business. It’s a strenuous occupation, yes, but I do not mind that at all.”

He glanced again at the Riolu, while unconsciously readjusting the fur of his tails with careful strokes. “And what of thee? What dost thou do in thy world?”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“And what of thee? What dost thou do in thy world?”

Finally, she got to talk about herself. "Well, what am I-- hic! What am I not? I teach other Pokemon how ta' speak to humans. And, and, alsho, I'm an artisht. I make shtuff outta trash, and they're all in museumsh and shtuff!" Curio didn't have any proof though, nor did her stuff ever actually end up in a museum. "Thatsh not true. But I can dream..." She couldn't stay awake any longer. Curio closed her eyes and gently laid her head on the table. "I can... dream..." She sniffled, then snored, giving into her inebriation.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Oh, what was that? Bahamut slithered closer to Icepix. "Did I hear you right? You're nobility... but you're a butler? How curious."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Did I hear you right? You're nobility... but you're a butler? How curious."

Seeing Curio collapsing on the table shocked Icetales, but not as much as Bahamut’s words. Once again, chills went down his spine as old memories flooded back in his mind.

His mother’s last words…

His father’s indifferent scowl…

His siblings’ malicious smirks…

Nine tails striking his downed body…

…No. He could not think about that, no. He refused to dwell in the past. No. He needed to be strong. That was past, he needed to walk forward.

“…It’s complicated,” he said with a monotone voice. “But to put it simply… when thou are the last of ten siblings, the runt of thy family… thou don’t have many benefits. I… had no choice on the matter. I was forced to take what I could, and… well, becoming a butler was the least distasteful of all choices that were given to me.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"That would explain it, then." Bahamut didn't elaborate on what "it" meant. His lower wings wrapped themselves around his torso. "'Beware the silver spoons, for they can hollow out the soul.' Such was passed along to me by the stars. It would seem that even foreign worlds have such cases." The dragon's ethereal tail swished slowly back and forth across the ground. "A pity. Large families can spool the threads from which tight bonds spring. But, perhaps, that is too idealistic."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Oh, thou have no idea how truthful thy statement is, sir…”

Icetales stared at his tea, but the will to drink it was completely gone. Bitterness and disdain oozed from his voice, but whether those were toward himself or toward someone else was uncertain.

“…But more than that, dost thou know what makes me the most cross about my noble status?” He lifted his head and stared at the dragon, his muzzle scrunched and his tails flailing. “The fact that other ‘mons, the ones who don’t know anything… they spit at me. Sling mud at my persona. They believe that just because of my status I can have everything served on a silver platter.”

He lifted his paw and looked at it. “See? This silver fur. This isn’t mere fur, but a symbol. This ties me to my family, to my father, whether I like it or not. This here… is the sign of the Kyukon, allegedly a blessing from the deities themselves.”

And then, he laughed. But that was not of joy. It was empty, like his spirit. “What joke! That is no blessing! This here is merely a chain, and will forever be my chain. My curse.”

He took a deep calming breath and shook his head. “…Whatever. I do not care nor want to care anymore. All I want is to forge my path, in a way or another.”

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"The shackle of your fur color is naught but an illusion in this realm," Bahamut said, splotches of silver peppering his eyes to match Icepix's fur. "All here are strangers to the connotation behind it." Even though he found it... strange that Diyem would reconstruct Icepix's body with that unfortunate reminder intact instead of giving him a truly clean slate. "In this temporary life, we are your family.... in a manner of speaking. And I doubt it will be perfect, but I will do what little I can to see to it you can return home safely."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom