• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz III: General Chat & Hype Thread

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2
Weekly Fic Rec!

I Walk Through Your Dreams and Invent Your Future - zion of arcadia

This threeshot (two-thirds complete) is replete with atmosphere and striking imagery. Our protagonist, Tobin, is a ranger taking a cruise-ship to Castelia--a fact she's not very happy about--when a rotom begins to wreak havoc on the ship. But there's more going on than meets the eye, and as Tobin investigates the mystery before her, she also has to face her personal demons.

Tobin's an unusual protagonist. She's experienced, married, and almost thirty--I found it really refreshing to hear from a character who's not just starting out, but rather has seen a lot--perhaps too much--of the world. This fic also features the absolute best pokemon, a bronzong who speaks only in motivational slogans and fortune cookie aphorisms and a cheeky, emoji-spouting Rotom who wants to play detective. There's a lot of incidental pleasures here, from the ins and outs of ranger school hazing to a muk card-dealer with golden grillz. If you're in the mood for something different and have a hearty appetite for imagery and allusion, consider adding this one to your list!

Content warning: surrealism ;)

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
oh boy raffles; the things i never win

Weekly ref: @SparklingEspeon 's Crashing Fate

I like legends being portrayed as more than just big kaiju that roar and stomp around angrily, so a story that seems to be all about them (and their possibly poor, conspiracy-related management of the world) is naturally going to be right up my alley. Points for incredibly snarky mew character who gets first-person POV and laying the foundations for a certain genetic pokémon we all know and love to appear. And, without spoiling too much, I know TR loves it portrayals of Giovanni, and so far Espy's doing a good job of writing him from his business acumen to his scheming. I'm pretty sure everyone's read it already, but just in case you haven't, you should. :P

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Weekly Rec: pcb0000 by @Bluwiikoon

This story would is more of a visual novel, I suppose, because it's hosted on a different website, but DAMN is it worth a look. Although it's a relatively short read, it packs a damn hard emotional punch, and I'm still thinking about it even days after reading it. The format is something I've never seen before, and it's absolutely fantastic. It really adds to the effect of the story being told, and really engrosses you into the issue at hand, as you help Porygon figure out what might be going on with them. If you want a quick read that really leaves you with something bittersweet, read pcb0000!

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Weekly Rec: Shadows Cast By Time

Read this on a whim because I like kyeugh's grimdark epic about Joe Biden confronting the forces of fascism, communism, and malarkey. It's really good. The main entry is a xenofic horror story about the humans starting to escalate in some terrifying ways. Later on it makes you have feels over things you have not previously had feels over. It's surprisingly emotional for a set of bingo prompts and it has good worldbuilding in the main entry. Not actually a drabble collection, although the later entries are a bit short. Solid prose style. I recommend giving this a look since it's not that long.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Weekly Fic Rec

I had the loveliest experience earlier today reading Making It Big, a chapterfic about a kid from a poor background and her rattata friend, who set out as trainer and partner in Unova to earn money through pokémon battles. It's an older fic, but the crossposting to TR is pretty recent, and it looks like it'll be new to most of you! Alas, it's too late to get the week one theme bonus, but it's still worth taking a look, both because the chapters are so short and pleasant that you'll breeze through it in no time, and because it's an absolute delight. The characterisation of this scrappy, well-intentioned, defiant kid and her delightful teammate are a continual joy, despite the challenges of their life, and the story is extremely moreish, with economic storytelling and oodles of charm. I had a pretty rough start to my day, and the warmth of this fic cheered me considerably. I would certainly recommend it to y'all! Perhaps for week four? Good luck!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Weekly Fic Rec: Different Eyes by @unrepentantAuthor

I knew a lot about the premise and characters going into it, but I was still not prepared for just how much I was going to enjoy it. The prose is absolutely excellent and arguably some of the best I’ve ever read. The characterizations are top-tier, and oh boy do not get me started on Salem. Salem is an absolute GEM and I could not stop grinning in the chapter where she “officially” makes her debut. It’s impossible to resist how charming and lovable she is. Dusk is also an excellent character with fantastic one-liners.

Beautiful fic, gorgeous chapter art, excellent writing, a really unique and intriguing premise. Do yourself a favor and check it out. 💛

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Weekly Rec: White Swan, Black Swan by @Sinderella

White Swan, Black Swan is quick to set up its mystery in a way that makes me desperate to know more. There’s enough revealed that I feel the desire to speculate, but not so much that the mystery is given away. It has a lot of dark themes – something to be aware of if you decide to check it out – but those themes are handled maturely. And when bad things happen, I have a physical gut reaction. I liked the fact that all of Odette’s pokemon feel like they have a personality and like they’re their own characters, something I’m always on the lookout for in trainer fics. I’m eager to read more.

While I enjoyed all the fics I read this week, honorable mentions go to Once a Thief by Fobbie and Making it Big by Pen.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
If any of y'all would like a one-shot to read for week 2, try some Find Your Way! :D I made it and it's good I promise

Summary: An aggressive flock of Zubat proved to be too much for his poor Aron. Without his companion, a young boy must figure out how to leave the pitch-black cavern without alerting any more wild Pokemon.

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
Hi! I am Phoenixsong, eternal sufferer of the malign wizard's curse of Only One-Shots Forever (and Not Even Actually All That Often, :Sadwott:). This is deeply tragic for my wild and flighty longfic pipe dreams, woe is me and et cetera, but it is a blessing in disguise for everyone else because I come bearing Two or More Whole and Entire Tiny Things that are worth Delicious and Nutritious Half-Points just for you, the discerning Review Blitz Week 2 Participant! It's like my entire Thousand Roads bibliography exists solely to provide easily-obtainable special bonuses during this Exciting Limited-Time Offer!

Stronger (of flight, and freedom, and knowing your place) ~3100 words
The story of Mewtwo's flight from Cinnabar Island. An excellent selection if you like angst and defiance, or if you enjoy a fine blend of flavors such as:
  • edgy cat
  • edgy cat not understanding how Outside works
  • edgy cat who is Fine and is also in fact better than Outside

A Glimpse Across the Threshold (flash fics featuring fae friends) - ~200 / ~350 / ~1100 words individually, ~1650 words total
A series of flash fics written for the 2021 TR Anniversary's bingo prompt challenge, loosely set in a PMD-style world with a dash of the faerie. It's three entire stories for the points total of one! Choose this from our menu if you like quirky cuteness, slightly surreal fae-ness, or otherwise have a palate tending toward:
  • learning how to make friends with fairies
  • learning that sometimes fairies are scaries
  • little girls who are Very Clever and to whom nothing bad will happen, I promise

The above two are our sweetest and freshest batches of Delicious Half-Points, and the only ones for which we are actually looking to receive feedback. However, we also have the following questionably-aged delights in our specialty menu, and if they happen to move you to words (or you just really really want one more Delicious Entire Point), you are welcome to sample these as well!

The Pokémon Trainer's Guide (the Guide would help take care of the scary stuff.) - ~2700 words
A budding trainer from Pallet Town, nervous about his new journey, clings to a guide for inexperienced trainers. Admittedly the Deliciousness of this Half-Point may vary depending on how nostalgic you are for the delightfully unhelpful instruction booklets that came with RBY, but anyone who experiences a sense of wonder or utter confusion at the start of a new adventure should enjoy. If any of these might sate your hunger, check it out:
  • a small child in way over his head
  • weird, semi-meta-ish attempts to poke at a real-world book in an in-setting context
  • you're an old fart like me

The Best Game (Morph Revenge II is Blue's favorite game.) - ~1800 words
A pair of tiny friends enjoy a nice afternoon of definitely-fair video-gaming, and then they even get to make a new tiny friend! Have a taste of this if you like seeing famous canon trainers before they were famous or trainers, but while they are still extremely adorable, as well as:
  • young children enjoying video games
  • young children being frustrated at video games
  • young children being frustrated at other young children
  • more details than are strictly necessary about fictitious hyperviolent SNES games that aren't actually the point of the fic

("The Best Game" does contain brief mentions of blood, but it's just fake pixel blood in a poorly-animated fake video game and is not remotely realistic, so it should be safe to read!)

Come and get Two Whole and Entire Delicious Points by sampling this collection This Week Only!!!!

Last edited:

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Getting in one of these myself, starting with recommendations from a Week 1 post-mortem. If you got a review from me but don't see yourself listed here, don't worry, it doesn't mean I didn't like what I read of your stuff. I just don't personally know enough about it to feel confident giving a recommendation just yet:

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rebirth - a dark fantasy flavor original setting PMD, in which a bookwyrm, an alcoholic, and a Charmeleon with paws crippling amnesia try to make their way through a world quite literally coming apart at the seams as they get sucked into a struggle with malign presences beyond their wildest imaginings. Very, very strongly recommend this one if you used to be a fan of Knightfall's writings in the ancient eras when he was an active writer, or else if you are a fan of Roman history and want to dork out over little flourishes here or there that someone with a keen eye and knowledge of the topic will pick out.

Do Psychic-Type Pokemon Dream of Electric Sheep? - a Super AU PMD story that aims to do a broad-strokes retelling of the plot, but focused around a merger of Espurr with the Player Character along with tweaks to deal with some of the less solid parts of the canon plot and to bring in elements from more recent generations. Has been giving me me strong PMMM vibes thus far with an sometimes outwardly cutesy presentation along with fairly dark/horror-based elements. Starts out slow, but it's been a charming ride thus far and I've been having fun with it.

Places We Call Home - an original setting PMD that sets itself up as a character and morality study that poses the questions of "how do you do what's right when you have to harm others to live?" and "can someone who's done heinous things still become a good person?" with a lovable cast of characters, and a world that feels cozy and well-thought out. It just started updating again after a long hiatus which is good, since things have been building up in the plot for the narrative gas pedal to get punched in pretty short order.

The Legendarian Chronicles - a mainline story following basic average kids who get roped into infiltrating Team Rocket as the fate of the world hangs in the balance. Haven't gotten far enough in the story where things are supposed to start really going sideways, but such is life when poking an organized crime syndicate that dabbles in gun-running and illegal genetic experimentation in the eye. Things happen, and not always good ones. Has the best integration of human and Pokémon perspectives I've seen in any mainline fic I've read thus far, and in a way that feels natural and believable.

There's some other stories here on-site that I can vouch for, but I'll be waiting until I can belt out a review for them before I add them to the shill list. In the interim, since it's now one-shot week, I'll take the moment to do some relevant self-advertisement with a piece of my own that's not too long, and good for the Week 2 review bonus:

[NO AUDIO] - a gift fic one shot that I wrote for @Umbramatic 's birthday last year in which I played around with a piece of headcanon of his and made some pretty unsubtle video game homages while dragging an experimental fic built around the premise of being written with zero dialogue out of development hell. Dunno how well it turned out, but hey, I tried, and I had fun with it. So might as well plug it. :V

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Alrighty, I figure it's high time I shared a few of my reading goals!

New Reads:
OSAS
Legendary Adventures
Weaversong
Making It Big
Whine-Yelp

Catching Up:
Eternal Shadows
Hands of Creation
Salvage
Fledglings
Broken Things

And I suppose I better let people know that after falling behind on posting for a year, I'm going to be updating The Legendarian Chronicles to catch up with the other sites! And also revising the first five chapters. And actually writing new chapters for a change. Want to read about child soldiers in way over their heads against a vastly stronger foe? In the mood for characters dealing with trauma, mortal peril, and crippling guilt?
Or are you a fan of Animorphs and want to read something else with identical themes/writing style? Consider giving LC a try! Going strong after 20 years and 13 revisions~

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Hey!

Do you like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? Do you think middle stage starters deserve more love? Have you participated in or read Blacklight, and find yourself wanting to see more of the adventures of a certain former human mud fish?

Then I present Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Heroic Dreamers, by @Navar!

Heroic Dreamers stars Shiron, a human who winds up as a Marshtomp in a world of Pokemon. He meets many Pokemon, and is in shock that they are actually nice to him, a stark difference to his former life. How will Shiron manage in his new life, and will he learn to believe that he deserves happiness?

Includes:

- Hidden identities!
- Kidnapping!
- Runaway royalty!
- And more!

Don't miss out on this fantastic fic! Read Heroic Dreamers today!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
I'm going to drop some links to my fics here for good measure since honestly you wouldn't really know they existed before:

Butterfree (one-shot)
Trainers aren't supposed to have favorites, but you were my favorite. And then you started losing.
A story about Butterfree, a trainer, avoidance, guilt, communication, and forgiveness.
Eligible for bingo fills: One Shot One Review, Wait, there are non-PMD fics on this forum!?, The New Ways, Around The World In Eighty Four Reviews (Kanto), Beat The Elites (Bug-type for Sinnoh Elite Four/Flying-type for the Alola Elite Four), Putting Things In Perspective (1st person), Xenoreview

Morphic Bingo (three shorts/one-shot)
Dave peered at the X-rays of Mia’s arms. There it was – the unmistakable bright metal edge along her ulna, brighter towards the elbow. Fuck yes.
Three vignettes from David Ambrose's life as a Pokémorph dad-uncle. An extra for my 2007 Pokémorph fic Morphic (not posted on TR).
Eligible for bingo fills: One Shot One Review, Wait, there are non-PMD fics on this forum!? (assuming 'trainerverse' includes universes that have trainers but are explicitly not any of the canon universes), The New Ways, Putting Things In Perspective (3rd person)

The Quest for the Legends (77 chapters, completed, posting in progress)

The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
The trainerfic that I started when I was twelve, rebooted when I was fourteen, and completed at 28. It's very silly but it's fun! Also I believe every chapter will be eligible for weekly theme in week 3 as well as 4. (Downside: no serious critique requested)
Eligible for bingo fills: That Wasn't Even My Final Review, Caught Up, Wait, there are non-PMD fics on this forum!?, One-Review Mon (although it would be a challenge), The New Ways, Does Espeon Count For This One?, Beat the Elites (there are Pokémon of every type in it honestly), Putting Things In Perspective (3rd person), 99 Reviews On Chapter Two Syndrome, Xenoreview

Morphic: New and Improved (April Fools' Day one-shot)

“We’re Pokémorphs,” the girl said, her face and voice still unsettlingly nonchalant about the situation. “Team Rocket injected Pokémon DNA into us and now we’re half Pokémon. It’s weird because that’s not how DNA works. I tried to ask Dave about it but he was very evasive.”
The Better(tm) reboot of my Pokémorph fanfic, now with more 2006-era clichés.
Eligible for bingo fills: One Shot One Review, Wait, there are non-PMD fics on this forum!?, The New Ways, Putting Things In Perspective (3rd person), A Totally Normal And Serious Review

Go (one-shot)

I blinked at it, hard, expecting it to be some kind of early-morning hallucination. Obviously. I mean, Pidgey weren’t real, right? It was a game, a stupid little mobile game that I’d installed when I was bored.
What if Pokémon Go was secretly created to prepare Earth for an interdimensional accident where Pokémon are warped into reality? 2016 nostalgia made manifest.
Eligible for bingo fills: One Shot One Review, The Old Ways, Beat the Elites (Flying-type for the Alola Elite Four), Putting Things In Perspective (1st person)

Sutoraiku High (Scyther dating sim; counts as one-shot for Blitz purposes)

A visual novel about drama, friendships, prejudice, bullying, total societal upheaval, and high school romance.
Have you always wanted to date a Scyther? Overthrow authority with a revolutionary-minded Scizor? You have come to the right dating sim. Originally an April Fools' Day joke but then took itself pretty seriously.
Eligible for bingo fills: One Shot One Review, The Old Ways, Beat the Elites (Bug-type for Sinnoh Elite Four/Flying-type for the Alola Elite Four), Putting Things In Perspective (1st person), Xenoreview

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Weekly Fic Rec!

Overlord by Venia Silente

A little one-shot of life in Team Rocket as seen from the top cat in the organization. No, not Giovanni. Quite literally the top cat in the organization. @Venia Silente has always had a thing for Xenofiction, and cats, and Overlord melds the two quite well to show glimpses of a past in Team Rocket that is normally only shown in fleeting glimpses through a fresh set of eyes as the master of the universe and Team Rocket as a whole catches glimpses of a future yet to come. One in which humans and Pokémon alike bow to their feline masters, but... who will have the honor of claiming that throne?

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Weekly Fic Rec!

Pitch Meeting: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - by The Walrein
Hey fellow kids, ever have that struggle where you really want your fanfic to be intricately woven and full of FACTS an LOGIC, but you also enjoy laughing and having fun? This is a story formatted after Screen Rant's "Pitch Meeting" series, so it's a little tongue-in-cheek about questioning the general plot holes of the franchise we know and love, while still explaining why we know and love it. I think it straddles the line of parody really well, in the sense that it both creates something new and reminds us why the original thing is valuable, even while it's still poking gentle fun at the original. Read if you like laughing, PMD, interesting script fics, the apocalyptic threat of meteors, or worldbuilding questions.

---

look I really like oneshots okay. these are sorted roughly in order of most cheerful to least cheerful, depending on your mood.

Delivery Deferred - by unrepentant Author
Back in the dark days, before modern memory, before Amazon Prime ... there was Gil. A golett who's a hundred years late in delivering a package meets up with a spiky loner. This is a really cute story that's mostly couched in two people walking back and forth, but it's chock-full of good character moments and environmental descriptions, and the resolution will probably make you feel very warm inside. Read if you enjoy unique takes on PMD environments, character interactions, non-standard species protagonists (golett!! in this economy!!), and the inexplicable joy of watching an incredibly earnest individual try to convince other people that the world is still beautiful.

Restarting - by Ambyssin
Gladion's got a lot of issues, but this one's focused on his teammates--when he left Aether labs, Lusamine and his past weren't the only things he left behind. Everyone knows about Gladion and his famed beast-killer Silvally (who is of course the best boy), but you might notice that when you fight him later he actually has other pokemon. This is a heartwarming story about learning from your mistakes and earning forgiveness. And also helping your childhood dog become friends with a seven-foot fish-tailed chimera.

The Last Con - by Pen
Pen writes PMD and it's really good, y'all. Pen actually writes a lot of oneshots but I'm not bold enough to put all of them in this post. Midnight Silk, notable con artist, dies. Rather than accept this, she tries to cheat death himself.

This is a heartwarming story about death, life, forgiveness, and acceptance. I understand that "heartwarming" doesn't really match those words on paper but I stand by this description; it reminds me that fables and things shaped like children's stories often still contain incredibly valuable lessons for adults. It has some really good takes on Yveltal-as-a-death god in a sympathetic way, some beautiful prose, and a lot of funny jokes. Read if you want PMD, cats, cats with scarves, scarves, and "death being a simp" [phrasing credit to canis]. Fun fact, Midnight Silk was also in Blacklight!

Stronger - by Phoenixsong
Mewtwo is angwwy and wants you to know. Can't say much else without spoiling (this one's short and sweet it's good but I can't really call it sweet by any definition; mewtwo is vewwy angwwy), but this is a really strong character study with some lovely metaphors and language. In particular I liked how this focuses on a very young-feeling Mewtwo; we aren't quite to the point of making speeches that'll one day get quoted in presidential campaigns or anything, but we're a lot closer to exploring the world through a newborn's eyes. In particular I thought the language here was very powerful and you can definitely learn some tricks about how to make natural phenomena appear big, wondrous, and imposing. Read if you like Mewtwo, character-focused shorts, descriptive language, and cats seeking friends.

Decoherence - by Negrek
"kint but actually it'd be horrifying if N ended the world that has pokemon and humans living together" it totally would, and here's a great look at why.

Ballast - by WildBoots
A fic I liked so much I've apparently never reviewed it, which if you think about is actually a sign of high praise. Also, it won third in the oneshot competition, so stay tuned if you want to think about friends and partners.

When Jenna's childhood best friend dies, she finds herself on a journey to Lake Valor. And like any good young adult in Sinnoh on a journey, she goes straight there with no interruptions of coming-of-age moments--haha jk. This is a story about grief, specifically in the ways that those ugly and foreign bits can leave and return to us. There's a ton of beautiful descriptions of forests and landscapes, as well as art. Read if you want LGBT content, unique takes on pokemon religion, unique takes on your very best friend a squishy balloon, and advice for charcoal drawings.

Wandersword - by kyeugh
i'm kidding this isn't a oneshot GUD FIC PLEASE UPDATE

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
unknown.png

infinite meme potential tbh

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2
Weekly Fic Rec

Okay, so Kint totally went and stole what was going to my fic rec, Walrein's glorious PMD pitching sketch but NEVER FEAR because now I have a second Walrein fic that the world deserves to know about. Hitmontop Saves the Day by The Walrein is the touching story of a spunky hitmontop and a fighting dojo full of individualistic martial artists who come together to protect their home against a evil band of mind-controlling psychics. This fic answers burning questions you might have always wondered, such as, who wins if a hitmontop and a malamar get into a contest to see who can stand longest on their head? Why were fighting type pokemon given hands? I laughed and I cried and you will too.

Top Bottom