• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
* cue airstrike sounds *

Of Sand and ShadowsPenHellowYellow1713402N2
Little GodPenNegrek21772Y2
The Alola PokedexPenPersephone3431Y2
Of Sand and ShadowsPenHellowYellow1720562N2
Find A Way HomePenEquitia9431Y2
Of Sand and ShadowsPenHellowYellow1714332N2
Death Is LonelyPenNamohysip9002Y3
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Eternal ShadowsPenifbench31245Y6
SeirenPencanisaries3571Y2
giphy.gif

had this one nice and prepared
see, the spoons are a symbol for reviews, and in this image they come out of nowhere

662 words for gods kNow how many chapters
+2 poiNts
edit: oops this one can come too

Last edited:

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Was hoping to do another one tonight, but let's just say that this evening hasn't gone how I would have hoped! So: a review for "The Meaning of Gifts," one chapter, one point, 901 words.
sneaking in in the nick of time!

week 2 is officially closed. week 3 is open!

Week 3 [12/27 - 01/02]: Spreading the love! Review a chapter (or oneshot) that had fewer than 2 reviews on TR prior to the start of this week. This refers specifically to an individual chapter, not the total number of reviews on the fic, and can be claimed once per fic. Note that unlike other weeks, offsite reviews are ineligible for this bonus (but can still be logged for regular points during this week). Material posted during this week is valid for the theme bonus.

Rainfall

minVP ADC atomic step action potential
Pronouns
he/they
Partners
  1. minior
Sorry! Once again reporting this late. But I actually did the other two reviews earlier in the afternoon! Wanted to try to get another one in but was too slow at the end.

Using wordcounter.net

Three one-shot reviews, no theme bonus for week 2.
Hmm, a lot of world and worldbuildy themes, go figure.

1point each (3x), 4 points from before, so total 7 points now?

Stellar's The Tale of Origin (a short mythos scripture piece, with accompanying reply addendum in post #3)
- I believe it came out to about 500 words, but I'm not sure.

Umbra's Of the Earth Far Below (one description: worlds in strife)
- Approx. 790 words.

The Walrein's The Butterfree Effect (one description: time travel comedy)
- Should be 868 words.

Last edited:

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola

Wrote 333 words for one point

zion of arcadia

too much of my own quietness is with me
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. marowak-alola
Last edited:

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
oh my freakin goodness i actually read and reviewed something within a day wow

A Very Rough Day
+1 chapter
+1 theme
total change: +2
blitz total: 16

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Another review of Eternal Shadows. This one is 3 chapters and 942 words. Unless I really bungled things up and missed someone when I went through all the reviews, I seem to be the second person to review up to the end of the fic, to my surprise. (With Amby being first.) That's a +1 for me. Yep I missed Nav.

Last edited:

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola

1 word and 268 words for 1 point, plus the week's bonus for two points

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Reviewed EoE again cause I can't help myself - two chapters, 1409 words

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
About 800 words and just the one chapter. I think it falls into the theme, though, so that puts me at four points for this. Hopefully. Math was never my strongest subject.

Flaze

Don't stop, keep walking
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. infernape
All right, week 3 let's goooo!

To start of, I wrote a review for New Smells. The review was 331 words long which comes down to 1 point, which means I get 1 point either way.

Next we have a review for Of the Earth Far Below. This one was 406 words long, which also comes down to 1 review. Also since this oneshot had only been reviewed once I can add the bonus making it 2 points.

Next we've got a oneshot by good old Persephone about one of my favourite ghost types (almost made me cry). It was a review for Room 817. The review came out to 633 words long which comes down to roughly 2 points, however it's just a oneshot. That being said, since there was only one more review before this I can also count the bonus which brings it to 2 points anyway.

Then I did a review for A very Rough Day, a very interesting PMD oneshot. This one was about 502 words so 2 points. It was a oneshot so it'd be 1 point but since there was only one review before mine I can use the bonus and get 2 points.

Next, a review for chapters 3 and 4 Of Sand and Shadows. I've really been getting into this story even if I'm going at it really slowly. The review amounted to 1039 words which comes down 4 points, but since the review was only for two chapters I only get 2 points.

And laaaaastly, a review of chapters 1 and 2 for love's Those Who Will Inherit the Earth, a fic I've been meaning to get into lately. This one was 857 words long which is 3 points, but since it's only for two chapters I only get 2 points.

And that'll be my spree for the day...boy I'm tired, assuming the count is right that's 11 points which should bring my count from 44 to 55.

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Sorry! Once again reporting this late. But I actually did the other two reviews earlier in the afternoon! Wanted to try to get another one in but was too slow at the end.

Using wordcounter.net

Three one-shot reviews, no theme bonus for week 2.
Hmm, a lot of world and worldbuildy themes, go figure.

1point each (3x), 4 points from before, so total 7 points now?

Stellar's The Tale of Origin (a short mythos scripture piece, with accompanying reply addendum in post #3)
- I believe it came out to about 500 words, but I'm not sure.

Umbra's Of the Earth Far Below (one description: worlds in strife)
- Approx. 790 words.

The Walrein's The Butterfree Effect (one description: time travel comedy)
- Should be 868 words.
ur killing me smalls
(if you could manage to log during the correct week I'd really appreciate it! would love to include you in the wrapups for this week, but I start doing stats when I close the week, so you never make it in D:)

Wrote 333 words for one point
yup
I did a review of "Touch my Tail"

Here's the link, The LINK

Word counter was at 300 words.
looks good!
Reviewed 2-5 of Fighting Nature.

1287 words

Reviewed The 1K Words Oneshots

+1 theme

409 words

New Smells

+1 theme

439 words

Princess IM-Peach?

+1 theme

376 words

(I had to get sweaty for this one, lol)
I see no sweat here, only hard work
oh my freakin goodness i actually read and reviewed something within a day wow

A Very Rough Day
+1 chapter
+1 theme
total change: +2
blitz total: 16
looking good!
Another review of Eternal Shadows. This one is 3 chapters and 942 words. Unless I really bungled things up and missed someone when I went through all the reviews, I seem to be the second person to review up to the end of the fic, to my surprise. (With Amby being first.) That's a +1 for me. Yep I missed Nav.
you are correct--but good work here! 3 points!

1 word and 268 words for 1 point, plus the week's bonus for two points
Reviewed EoE again cause I can't help myself - two chapters, 1409 words

gotchu
Reviewed two chapters of Bench's Eternal Shadows for 1075 words.
:quag:
About 800 words and just the one chapter. I think it falls into the theme, though, so that puts me at four points for this. Hopefully. Math was never my strongest subject.
This got explained on Discord, but it's choose lesser between: [word count/250, round down] OR [number of chapters], so with the theme you get 2 points for this one.
All right, week 3 let's goooo!

To start of, I wrote a review for New Smells. The review was 331 words long which comes down to 1 point, which means I get 1 point either way.

Next we have a review for Of the Earth Far Below. This one was 406 words long, which also comes down to 1 review. Also since this oneshot had only been reviewed once I can add the bonus making it 2 points.

Next we've got a oneshot by good old Persephone about one of my favourite ghost types (almost made me cry). It was a review for Room 817. The review came out to 633 words long which comes down to roughly 2 points, however it's just a oneshot. That being said, since there was only one more review before this I can also count the bonus which brings it to 2 points anyway.

Then I did a review for A very Rough Day, a very interesting PMD oneshot. This one was about 502 words so 2 points. It was a oneshot so it'd be 1 point but since there was only one review before mine I can use the bonus and get 2 points.

Next, a review for chapters 3 and 4 Of Sand and Shadows. I've really been getting into this story even if I'm going at it really slowly. The review amounted to 1039 words which comes down 4 points, but since the review was only for two chapters I only get 2 points.

And laaaaastly, a review of chapters 1 and 2 for love's Those Who Will Inherit the Earth, a fic I've been meaning to get into lately. This one was 857 words long which is 3 points, but since it's only for two chapters I only get 2 points.

And that'll be my spree for the day...boy I'm tired, assuming the count is right that's 11 points which should bring my count from 44 to 55.
New Smells had 0 reviews at the start of week 3, so you get a bonus point there--a nice 12 points for you!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit