• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Prison Realm

Chains of the Mind
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    Hoopa nodded. "Okay" Their voice wavered with fear. "I'll use the power of this realm to try and project you into the mind of a trainer you have a connection with. Once you're seeing into their mind, you can reach out if you need me. I can try and project something into their minds to help. Otherwise, just... try to connect with them."

They took a deep breath and swallowed. "I'll try to make this quick." Steeling themself, Hoopa closed their eyes and reached out with their hands. The air around them began to hum ever so slightly, and human and pokemon alike would feel the slightest tingle in their heads... They squeezed their eyes harder, gritting their teeth. A soft pulse of energy expanded from their body, and for a split second, faint glowing light could be seen from each trainer, extending outwards to one of the kidnapped trainers; though it almost seemed a trick of the realm...

One from Mightyena to Reena, from Odette and Odile to Noro, Wes and Neo to Sigmin, and Steven to Irene.

The trainers and their partners would a feel a tugging sensation, soft at first, but growing stronger, more urgent. Vision would blur slightly, and the sound of a strange rushing noise, like wind. Then in the blink of an eye, everything shifted, and each trainer was greeted by a new sight.

Reena sat alone, in the midst of a dark void. No wind, no stars, no sky or earth, just emptiness. Coldness. Her knees were pressed against her chest and her arms wrapped around her legs. Soft, quiet sobs could be heard from her. A journal, like the one from her room, lay open on the ground next to her, pages unfilled. Everything around her seemed so dull...

Curled nearby was the real Drampa, eyes downcast as he watched Reena. “I’m sorry,” he rumbled to himself in his deep, melancholic voice. “I couldn’t help...”

Sigmin and Salandit wandered down an alley, fenced in by shadowy buildings and dark nondescript walls. Sigmin’s hands were shoved in his pockets and his eyes glued to the dirty pavement as he wandered along. He paused at the end of the alley, which spilled onto a city street. Shadows of people moved along the sidewalks. Specific shapes or faces seemed impossible to discern, though they seemed to pass by Sigmin without a second glance, or perhaps forgot him entirely. Salandit’s stomach rumbled. In an almost trance-like daze, the pair watched everyone drift by them without taking any notice at all....

Noro stood before a plain, nondescript house on a block. Well-kept, but unmemorable. Alakazam waited placidly behind him. Noro seemed to be steeling himself, then he reached out and opened the door, stepping inside. “I won the last gym, I have all the badges.” He was speaking to a silhouette of a figure, in the kitchen, busy preparing a meal. Whoever it was, didn’t seem to hear. Or perhaps simply didn’t respond.

“I also got a mega stone, and taught Alakazam to mega evolve.”

The silhouette spoke, its tone uncaring. “I should hope so! Wouldn’t be a very good trainer if you didn’t. How do you expect to make anything of yourself if you always act like everyone else?”

Noro nodded, his body stiff. “Of course.”

“I hope you have something else more impressive to share than just mega evolution.”

Noro didn’t respond.

Never ceasing her preparations, the figure continued. “You said you wanted to be strong. Train more, come back once you've done something worth talking about.”

Face unreadable, Noro made a noise of acknowledgement, and left, still followed by Alakazam.

“We better get started,” he said simply.

Alakazam sighed, then nodded. “Very well.”

Irene sat on a park bench, flanked by Roserade. She seemed to be intently watching the people of the park, sharp eyes scrutinizing each. She whispered to herself, taking mental notes. ‘Oblivious; looks too strong; not enough money; wait until she’s more distracted.’

Roserade placed a bouquet on her hand, and Irene pulled away. “Stop. I’ve made up my mind. Either help me or go home. I need to focus,” she said sharply.

Her eyes leapt from person to person, taking them in. As if searching for a mark. The shape of something like a young child wandered by and she jolted and looked away. Her hands clenched into fists.

“Cut it out,” she hissed to herself. “This is who you are. You never had a conscience before, and you ain’t gonna start now... Never gonna be anything else...”

Last edited:
    Wes and Sigmin's Dennys Date
  • HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Partners
    1. suicune
    2. umbreon
    3. mew
    4. lycanroc-wes
    5. leafeon-rui
    At Hoopa’s command, the landscape around Wes changed and he felt an odd floating sensation, almost as if he was being teleported somewhere, but not quite. He managed to swallow his initial alarm and stand firm as their surroundings morphed into a busy street in some random city. Not that he didn’t trust Hoopa (well, this Hoopa, anyhow), but for gods’ sakes, he was very ready to be done with all the teleporting and visions and dimension hopping. He’d had enough for a lifetime. Hell, a dozen lifetimes.

Neo pressed close to Wes’s leg and looked around, flicking his tail nervously. He looked much smaller than before, wings tightly folded and ears back as though he was trying to shrink himself.

Wes frowned and placed a hand on the top of his head. “I thought you were all excited to come to the rescue, with your fancy new form and all.” He inserted a light and teasing tone into his comment, though Neo was bound to pick up on his concern anyway.

Neo looked down at his paws. “I am…not strong here.” He looked up at Wes. “This place stole my powers. I can’t feel them at all!” His voice rose higher in distress. “I can’t feel anything! Or sense anything! It’s scary! Like you’re not even here! And I can’t protect you if I’m not strong!”

“Woah, woah, hey—” Wes knelt until he was eye level with the Espeon. Normally he could scoop Neo up into his arms, but now he was far too big. Wes settled for holding Neo’s head in his hands instead. “Look, it’s all right. It’s okay. I’m right here even if you can’t hear my thoughts.” He paused, momentarily relieved that Neo couldn’t pick up on his emotions. He couldn’t say he was surprised that Orzo had some sort of power blocker for security, but it was alarming to hear nonetheless.

He looked back into Neo’s eyes. “Powers or not, you’ve got your teeth and claws, yeah? And wings, to boot. Plus, you look badass as hell. And you know I’ve always got my knife on me.” He smirked. “Neither of us are pushovers, with or without your powers. We’ve worked with a lot less before, and we can handle this just fine. Together.”

Neo’s eyes brightened a little and he relaxed out of his nervous posture. “Y-yeah…yeah! You’re right!” He straightened and partially unfurled his wings. “We are strong! And I look badass! I AM badass! Badass as hell!”

Wes choked out a small, surprised laugh. So much for not teaching Neo more curse words, he supposed. He smiled and rubbed Neo’s ear. “That’s more like it.” Thank the gods Neo had always been quick to bounce back.

He stood back up and glanced around the rather dreary cityscape. “All right. Hoopa said this is where we’ll find that trainer…Sigmin, I think. And his Pokémon. Do you happen to remember their scent?”

“YES!” Neo flared out his wings so suddenly he nearly knocked Wes over. “Oh! I am sorry. But I can smell them! They are this way!” And without another word, he tore down the street.

Wes let out a sound that was somewhere between a laugh and a groan and followed suit. More running. Again. He supposed this was the price to pay for giving Neo a pep talk—but he’d give it ten times over and run twice the distance if it meant keeping his companion in high spirits.

Neo abruptly skidded to a stop in front of a rather shady looking alleyway and beamed. “Nox! I have found you! We are here to rescue you and your human!”

Wes pulled up beside him and paused to catch his breath. He nodded at Sigmin. “That’s…yeah. Hi. What he said.”

Hope Blooms
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    A gentle breeze blew through the void. It carried with it the scent of new grass, flowers, and spring. And then, a voice. Soft and sweet and full of hope.

"I hear you, Steven Stone."

Overhead, the sky grew lighter, soft colors rippling across the firmament. A single beam of light formed around Steven, still holding the gracidea. "You cared for my flower, tended to it like your own, and restored it. Now I shall restore you and your friends. Hold on to hope, you are almost at the end... just a little further."

And then, from the darkness underfoot, a tiny patch of green. A bit of moss and grass, straining against oblivion. Then, like sun after a storm, the darkness receded, fought back by green. By determination, by life. The carpet of grass grew, slowly at first, then faster and faster, and faster, sweeping across the darkness. And with the grass came life giving energy, seeping into the bones of the weary and exhausted trainers, granting them back a degree of their strength, both mental and physical.

Hoopa grinned in delight, spinning the golden ring in his hands before tossing the ring out ahead of the wave of green. It grew, bigger and bigger, big enough for all the trainers. Just beyond the ring, the scarred battlefield was visible. Vibrant green poured forth and through the ring, spilling out, out across the field beyond...

And then, beside Steven, stood Shaymin herself, eyes alight with determination. She gazed up at Steven for a moment, smiling. "Thank you, Steven."

Then, flanked by all the freed trainers, she charged toward the ring.

Top Bottom