• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

present competition, 6/31/2022 to 7/1/2022

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
so.... how is everything going with the present event? Any snags, hang-ups, things you want to brag abound, fail boating, or railing, it's an open space to do so.

Obviously, we can't post our tales, but snippets, ideas, etcetera are welcome unless the powers that be disagree or something.

Shrugs.

I'm presently chasing idea number... five... into the dirt and trying to get something coherent stapled together and on its way. Hopefully you guys are having an easier time of it.

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
I'm admittedly still trying to solve if I might be able to enter or not, since I have only one (1) (una) idea and it's kind of a dangerous and complex one, in terms of presentation.

Admittedly the contest is not my priority, at least not with the selected theme. I already have issues with two fics and a poem I'm trying to lift off the ground, and while on the one hand I welcome the change of subject, on the other one it still means one more thing to lowkey stress about.

Reactions: K_S

K_S

I honestly was ready to hang up the towel after my fourth plot bunny went so far astray (like word cound 5000 and straying so off theme I renamed the story spinda) and one through three fizzled so bad they metaphorically resembled blobs of words... Not stories... Just blobs that were twitching like bad zombie wanna be's in text format.

Number five seems to be working alright so far... Granted I descided to play with a new genre, we'll see how it goes... I'm just looking for a nice cut off point then attempting to edit the thing and send it off...

TheCouchEffect

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/His
Oh god, I haven't even started mine. It's one of those things that I know I should probably start doing... but I can't really justify taking the time away from the main story to do it. If I'm lucky, I'll have enough time to do it before the deadline.

K_S

I'm admittedly still trying to solve if I might be able to enter or not, since I have only one (1) (una) idea and it's kind of a dangerous and complex one, in terms of presentation.

Admittedly the contest is not my priority, at least not with the selected theme. I already have issues with two fics and a poem I'm trying to lift off the ground, and while on the one hand I welcome the change of subject, on the other one it still means one more thing to lowkey stress about.

Oh god, I haven't even started mine. It's one of those things that I know I should probably start doing... but I can't really justify taking the time away from the main story to do it. If I'm lucky, I'll have enough time to do it before the deadline.

Hey, its more than fair, if you do join, then great, and if not, no worries. It's meant to be fun and all, so no pressure and feel free to release random thoughts/plot bunnies if you find any into this feed, might inspire those of us wrangling with plot paralysis.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
I'm not even sure if mine will be accepted since it's during somewhat of a redemption arc. It also is going to seem WILDLY out of character for anyone who hasn't read the manga I'm setting it in. So I'm apprehensive.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
The good news for me is that my outline came together easily and is totally done and I feel very enthusiastic about writing the story. The bad news is I won't have much time until the last two weeks of June 😅 Going to TRY and put it together, since I'm excited about it! Really hoping everyone else can pull through, too. Looks like a lot of good competition this year!

K_S

So this probably is better post event but i dont want to lose the idea...

Idea/suggestion list.

What was your favorite transition in a story?
Yours
Someone else's
(imagine these two prompts on every question that's relevent.)

Most surpising plot twist?

Best ending

Best intro

Best intro to a setting or character.

Favorite character?

Favorite setting?

Which story really feels like it needs a sequel.

If you could rewrite a plot point which one and why?

Which tale would you like to see art for?

What werent you able to use/ do that you really wanted to? Aka what's your cutting room floor look like?

I mean technically we could our tales here and hide things behind spoiler tags via the honor system and wait until result time to tavkle everyone else's....

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Ok screw it I'm starting a new story the old one wasn't grabbing me

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Will probably submit the "completely different" story tonight. Still in the same mangaverse though.

K_S

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Sent it in!