• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Large Dorms

Status
Not open for further replies.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
While they talked, Nip slipped past Cabot and circled his straw bed once before plopping sow, fur brushing comfortably against the plant matter. "Have you two heard about what happened in Chip's... Home yet? With the remains from that machine, and with Maple?"

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Nip let out a quiet hum while he decided where to start his explanation. "After Celeste and I picked out this room, I went to Chip's home because, uh. Becaus the badge thing said to come. Cynthian and um, the litten and the deino, Starr and Cuicatl, I think? They all showed up. Maple and Soda were both there. We were inspecting the remains of the machine because they thought it had to do with humans. Starr saw something that really freaked her out. Something about an "arr" that stood for "team rocket" or something like that. Human stuff, I guess."

He paused to scratch behind his ear feather before continuing. "Soda accidently let something slip. Something that I think Maple didn't want us knowing yet. Like a lot of us suspected, they're not from around here, either. We had to press her a bit, but we were able to find out that yes, she's not from here. She claims to be a Voice of Life, though how true that is, I don't know."

This was... Well, it wasn't exactly the most relaxing thing to talk about, but it certainly kept his mind out of thoughts he'd rather not dwell on.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot tilted his head as he listened to Nip's explanation. So the Shadow Machine was created by a group of humans called 'Team Rocket'? Given what the machine had done they sounded like a bad group for sure. Back home he'd heard of the great magic that humans were capable of, so a malicious group of them being behind all of the madness they'd seen so far would certainly be possible. Nevertheless, it seemed like a sign that things were only gonna get harder and harder from here on out.

As Nip continued on and mentioned what Maple had told him, Cabot paused in thought for a moment.

"So, Diyem was right then about them being from another world..." he mused. "Though, do either of you know what a Voice of Life really is? I know Diyem pretended to be one, but besides that everything I've heard about it is kinda vague."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Although Celeste's sentiment on Maple was similar to his own (albeit perhaps a bit harsher), Nip decided that it wasn't a direction he wanted to pursue at the moment. "She also claimed that her group was attacked when they arrived here, not long before we arrived ourselves." He paused, trying to recall the details. "If you want more information, you'll have to ask her yourself. She said something about gathering everyone up to tell them about this, and soon."

He paused, hesitating for just a second before addressing Cabot. "To answer your question... All I can really say is that I don't know. The bits and pieces I've heard remind me a bit of legends of the creator gods, but... otherwise I'm clueless."

Last edited:

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Fair enough," Cabot sighed as he sat down on his new bed. "Maybe I'll try asking Maple about it sometime later. If she's lying we'll surely find out when we ask enough questions."

R5 - Dorm picks with a Candle and a Mudkip

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix's dorm was a lot larger than she needed, with the piles of books she called her belongings neatly stacked on a desk, most of the room was vacant and unused. It was certainly larger than her room back home, which she shared with several other people. Made her wonder why she picked this one.

"Here it is!" Vix presented the dorm with a cheery tone to Shiron. "It's more space than I need, so help yourself."

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron stood there for a few moments, looking around the dorm in silence. It was really good to see everything in its proper places, a nice room to live in, that was certain.

"Neat!" the Mudkip laughed, staring at the place with a smile on his face. He soon gazed at one of the beds, approaching it and laying down. "Quick question, if you don't mind me asking, you're not afraid of burning those books?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"The librarian said they're element-proof. I can't burn them and you can't drown them, even if we wanted to," Vix explained, floating atop the desk. She raised one of the smaller books over her flame to prove her point; the fire brushed over it, but did nothing else.

"I've even melted over one of them and that books totally fine." She didn't mention what book it was or where it is, one misunderstanding was more than enough for her.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Ooh, that's nice! I don't know anything about this place, so I guess I'll read them later," he said with a yawn, rubbing his eyes.

"Say, are there more humans like me here? I don't really wanna be a Magikarp out of water." Shiron pondered, staring at Vix.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"There's a few, actually. They also had a pretty rough time getting used to walking on all fours. But we've been here for like, about a month, so everyone else got adjusted already," Vix said, skimming through a shopping book of fancy lanterns. "Most of them are pretty nice too, and since you're gonna be a part of the team, you'll have plenty of time to get to know them."

She put a few books on the other desk. "These are about Cibus and the different towns and villages here. If want a reading buddy, I wouldn't mind reading with you."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Cool, I enjoy making friends, bipedal, or not. In your case, uh, not having legs at all!" he blushed at that sentence and stared at the desk.

"Sure, we can read if you want. It's not as exhausting as walking around." his tail wagged a little. "This town is called Cibus, right? It would be better to learn about the place I'm living in."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Oh, this town is called Destiny Village, the planet is called Cibus," Vix clarified, smiling. "Diyem... really didn't fill you in on much, huh?"

This dog fish either forgot it, or we need to get in touch with Diyem's HR Department.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"He just... threw me here. I might be at fault for that, as I was focused on knowing why he could talk," he said, rolling his eyes. "And why does he send people and Pokémon here for? He said that it was to save the world or something, but it was kind of vague."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix shrugged all candle-like. "We're not all that sure ourselves. So far, we've had to fight Pokemon overcome with this 'Shadow' thing, and some of us have fallen under it's pull as well. I think we have to find it's source and stop it before the world is overrun by it."

"It's not, really, all that dangerous, but it's hard work. We're basically heroes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom