• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokemon Square - Whiscash Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Don't try to blame Bahamut for anything. It's not because of Bahamut that you disappeared. You can't blame him for not refusing to answer when Petram asked him a question he knew the answer to. It's also not his fault we saw your petrified corpse. Or do you think it would've gone better if one of us found it in person? Diyem was out cold by the time we found out, too."

Icetales huffed and shook his head. “I am not pointing tails at anyone, Sir Celeste. But I have seen his message, and once more he proved to not have any tact when it comes to breaking any important news, even less to a pup. The way he phrased that message made it sound like I just… squandered my life or something!”

The Ninetales rubbed his forehead with a tail, a ringing headache starting to form. By the stars, why were things always so complicated?

“…Look. I did not want anyone to panic. It was supposed to be a short trip, just to make sure that every dead comrade was safe and sound. I just… took longer than expected due to some unforeseen circumstances.”

"I just... I suppose I'm feeling selfish. If you helped them, good for you. But one night we promised we could count on each other, to be each other's reason to keep going. Then... suddenly you were gone, and I was alone. I felt lost. I can't really blame you for that, though. I shouldn't have allowed myself to become too attached."

In an instant, Icetales’s anger evaporated, and in his place regret settled in. The Ninetales knew what kinds of risks he was going into, but… he didn’t realize how much he meant to Celeste.

…Perhaps he was really a monster, if the folks that cared about him ended up wounded for a reason or another. But at the same time, he understood that him being gone would have just hurt them even more.

What a dilemma.

“I… I am most regretful for hurting thee like this, Sir Celeste…” stammered Icetales, wrapping a couple of tails around his body. “I… The thing is… I did not… mean to, I…”

No, that didn’t help the situation at all. The fox took a deep breath. Calm. He needed to stay calm…

“…The thing is… that it was a spur of the moment situation. When I went to visit Sir Diyem, I did not expect anything more than just a report. I merely wanted to inquire if he could connect with our comrades and eventually send them a message.

“Though, I guess he peered deep into my soul, and saw that I wouldn’t have been satisfied unless I could witness the situation with mine own eyes. As such, he made that offer — to send my soul to the Voidlands so that I could help our comrades.” Icetales looked away. “And… I was afraid. For them. I feared that a minute too many would have resulted in their psyche being broken even further. So… I went through with that.”

Icetales stared straight at Celeste, the sadness reflecting into his eyes. For a split moment, he thought he had seen Celeste’s shadow quivering, but he wondered if that was just his eyesight messing up with him.

“But it appears that while some comrades were safe and reassured, there was someone who ended up hurt because of my foolishness.” He sighed and leaned forward, giving a quick nuzzle to the Absol. “If there is something I can do to earn thy forgiveness, then tell the word. I shall do anything. I… do not want thee to be hurt because of me…”

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
For a moment, Celeste leaned into Icetales. "You shouldn't have to do anything... You did nothing wrong."

Shadows flickered around him, and he pulled back. His eyes became purple as his red irises burned from behind his contact lenses. "It's not your problem. We shouldn't have allowed ourselves to get that close to you. We let our urge for a partner interfere with our ability to function. Now we can't stop feeling that way. Can't overrule that emotion, like someone who claims they aren't feral should be able to..."

Celeste huffed, exhaling a shadowy mist. "You should leave us be. We are beyond the scope of what you can fix."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales was about to say that Celeste shouldn’t excuse his lack of foresight and should have done better than that, but his words got caught in his throat when he saw the darkness overtaking the Absol. His eyes widened and his fur stood on end, while the shadow underneath his body made a warning hiss and took a red tint.

That was very concerning, but Icetales stood his ground. He was darkness, and he would have tamed other darkness if he had to.

"It's not your problem. We shouldn't have allowed ourselves to get that close to you. We let our urge for a partner interfere with our ability to function. Now we can't stop feeling that way. Can't overrule that emotion, like someone who claims they aren't feral should be able to..."

Icetales narrowed his eyes, somewhat mystified by that comment. It didn’t really matter whether someone was a feral or a goodmon — nobody is immune to the whims of the heart.

“Sir Celeste. Some things cannot be simply ‘overruled’. They are simply… felt, like the wind blowing in thy face. Thou might be able to cover thy face with a paw or a cloth, but that shall not stop the gust nor the noises.”

Celeste huffed, exhaling a shadowy mist. "You should leave us be. We are beyond the scope of what you can fix."

Icetales stared hard, his tails flicking erratically and his ears swiveled forward. After a few seconds, he took a more dignified posture, a burning determination in his face.

“…I am not leaving.”

Golden glows sparkled on the Ninetales’s tails, and he stood there. Unyielding.

“Not anymore.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
After a moment of staring at Icetales, the shadows around Celeste sputtered out, his appearance returning to normal.

"S-Sorry. Something slipped for a second there. While we were fighting Joule, I ended up using more radiance than I'm used to..."

He took a deep breath, focusing to make sure his corruption wouldn't flare up again as he spoke. "Remember when I told you about my being feral by blood? I had always thought it made no difference... but here, I'm noticing radiance affects me differently from other people. Makes it harder for me to keep control, makes me act more feral.

"It was during that effect that I first let my feeling about our relationship develop into... something... not entirely platonic. I had been meaning to talk to you about it first. Now, my feeling about radiance, ferality, and you have all been tangled up into one knot I can't make sense of."

How would that feel for Icetales to hear? Celeste felt bad for putting him in this situation.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
After a moment of staring at Icetales, the shadows around Celeste sputtered out, his appearance returning to normal.

"S-Sorry. Something slipped for a second there. While we were fighting Joule, I ended up using more radiance than I'm used to..."

Icetales stiffened as his mind was instantly brought back to the topic surrounding that accursed battle, but he did his best to not show any sign of nervousness to Celeste. That happened, their comrades had been restored, and that’s what mattered.

He… would have dealt with the scars left behind by that experience another time.

For now, focus only on one memory: Celeste.

“Yes, I… recall thee using some kind of barrier to protect me from some attack,” mused Icetales, making sure to direct all his brain cells toward that one memory. “What about it?”

He took a deep breath, focusing to make sure his corruption wouldn't flare up again as he spoke. "Remember when I told you about my being feral by blood? I had always thought it made no difference... but here, I'm noticing radiance affects me differently from other people. Makes it harder for me to keep control, makes me act more feral.

"It was during that effect that I first let my feeling about our relationship develop into... something... not entirely platonic. I had been meaning to talk to you about it first. Now, my feeling about radiance, ferality, and you have all been tangled up into one knot I can't make sense of."

Wait. So, Celeste managed to craft the shield… for him? Forged from the deep feelings his heart was nurturing? And if Radiance removed inhibition, making someone unleash their wildest nature, and Celeste didn’t feel comfortable about his feral nature…

Icetales bit his lips and thumped his tails on the floor. Why didn’t Maple warn them about all those side effects? Did that mean that someone loving too much would be more prone to explode? Would he have exploded someday, if he let himself go too much?

‘Well, goodness! I wonder if Miss Astrid keeps exploding because she loves the thrill and sensation that come from detonating herself, at this point…”

‘Verily. Masochist much?’

‘Who knows. I should enquire about that when I get the chance to talk to her again…’

‘Well, then, thou womanizer. How to respond to Sir Celeste? He might be no woman, but…’

Icetales had to fight hard to not show an unimpressed expression. That surely would have given a very bad impression on Celeste. Instead, he took a deep breath to cool his mind and try to make a sense out of that circumstance.

“Well, this… is a lot to take in, Sir Celeste, and I would understand if the matter was something that made thee confused and uncertain.” He tilted his head, showing a pensive stare. “And I can somewhat understand thy plight. Even though thou might have seen me conversing freely with my darkness, I have to constantly hold back in order to… well, avoid some unpleasant and discordant states of mind, as well as my more, huh,” he looked away, “wild side.”

With that said, Icetales looked again at Celeste and placed a paw on one of the Absol’s forepaws. “Thou art abashed. Perhaps those feelings are new to thee, and they might appear fearsome and feral. But it is all right, thou art not alone. I am a novice when it comes to those feelings, too.”

He wagged his tails, while his eyes gleamed like the stars in the sky. “And I shall be there to help thee understand better those confusing feelings, just as I hope thou will help understand mine. Does that idea fancy thee?”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
At first, Celeste found Icetales' response was making him nervous. Icetales was talking entirely about corruption and ferality, while avoiding the part he'd been most anxious about. The suggestion of working through their respective feelings, though... That couldn't be bad. He hadn't hurt their friendship, at least. "We can do it together. Yes, I like the sound of that."

Celeste wished he hadn't pulled away from Icetales while shadowed. He placed his head on Icetales' shoulder.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales was delighted to hear that Celeste was considering that, so they could work through the issue together. Besides… heavens! Even though he had spent years in solitude and agony, somehow his previously cold heart was still capable of feeling.

If someone in his homeworld told him that it would have happened, Icetales surely would have considered that possibility the deranged thinking of some goodmon. So many feelings which he had yet to fully understand.

And then, Celeste leaned against him, the horned head on his shoulder. Icetales felt himself like freezing, but then he felt a warmth building up inside of him and he wrapped his tails on Celeste’s back to pull him closer.

“Good,” he whispered, giving a gentle nuzzle on the Absol’s cheek. “This is good to hear…”

The two stayed silent for a while, with only the stars and the calm lake as their witnesses. There was a long path ahead of them and they didn’t know what the future had in store, but at least they both knew they weren’t alone.

<><><>​

Last edited:
R11 ~ Leaves in the Breeze

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
A Bayleef with a red leaf walked through the village, taking in all the sights their uncle had told them about.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Ah, yes. Nothing was more refreshing that the clean air carried around by the pleasant breeze. Icetales inhaled deeply the lake-like scent, which reminded him of home and the last beautiful moments spent with Mother.

Yes. Good times.

Then, he perked up when he noticed the familiar Bayleef walking around the place, and he wagged his tails.

“Oh! Fancy meeting thee here, Mx Saltriv. I ma most delighted to see thee,” he greeted, walking toward his comrade and beaming a friendly smile. “What bring thee to such lovely place?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Hi!" Saltriv said, waving their leaf. "I just thought it'd be nice to come here. My uncle told me a lot about this place, at least how it is in my world."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Oh, I see. A place connected to thy memories, hm…” Icetales beamed a brighter smile. “Well! It appears we are here for similar reasons. I used to visit the lakeside often with my family, so I wanted to stroll around the place.”

He blinked and tilted his head. “Mind if I tag along? Thou could tell me more about thy uncle and his stories. I am most curious.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Sure!" Saltriv said, as they walked towards the lake.

"My uncle was actually one of the Pokemon who stopped the meteor in my world! They were partnered with a former human, and lived near here," they said.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
That detail piqued Icetales’s curiosity. “Thy uncle… stopped a meteor? Goodness, that is… incredible.”

Another Pokémon partnering up with a human to save a world… that seemed a fairly recurring occurrence in various universes. Hm… He wondered what was so special about humans.

“How did he manage to do that, however? Did he have legendary power, or…?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Nope! But he climbed Sky Tower with Lidequir and Sunrise to tell Rayquaza to stop it! They even managed to defeat Rayquaza in order to get them to listen to them!" Saltriv said, continuing to walk towards the lake.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Oh. So, it wasn’t the uncle himself who stopped a meteor, but Lord Rayquaza himself. Granted, managing to confer with that legendary dragon and convince him to help with a mission was an accomplishment by itself.

“Well, that is an astounding result. After all, they saved the world, and that was what mattered the most.”

The first glows from the lake came into view, bringing a wave of relief and comfort to the Ninetales. He glanced curiously at Saltriv. “And pray tell, how dost thou feel about thy role as a hero and help for another world? I reckon thy uncle would be proud of thy accomplishments so far.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I feel pretty proud of it! It's been difficult at times, especially after Joule sent half the team to the Voidlands, but we've accomplished so much!" Saltriv exclaimed with a smile, tail wagging slightly.

As they gazed towards the lake, the leaves around their neck began to softly glow.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales nodded in agreement. “I concur. We have gone through countless trials and ordeals, but ultimately we managed to emerge vict—”

The Ninetales blinked when he saw the leaves around the Bayleef’s neck glowing. Were they performing photosynthesis or something else?

“Hm? Mx Saltriv? Thy leaves…”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv looked down at themselves, mouth agape at their glowing neck leaves.

Then, suddenly, their neck began to lengthen, growing longer and longer. Soon, they towered over Icetales.

Their legs grew taller, too, and the tiny claws on their toes lengthened slightly.

Their torso grew slightly, too, lending them more energy to walk, to battle, to live.

Behind them, their tail extended as well, swishing back and forth with more force than ever before.

The hole in their head leaf sealed itself up, and the leaf drooped slightly, its flexibility from when Saltriv was a Chikorita regained.

Then, finally, their neck leaves unfurled, turning into petals of a beautiful autumn-red flower that encircled their neck.

The now-Meganium looked down at themselves in shock. "I...I evolved!"

unknown-13 (1).png

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales stared in stunned silence as Saltriv was enveloped in the all-too familiar warm light, which was strong enough to make the sun itself pale in comparison.

Saltriv grew, and grew, and grew, and then… the light faded. Icetales blinked with curiosity and stared intently at the newly-evolved Meganium, his gaze studying the various details.

“By the stars, Mx Saltriv! Thou… truly evolved…” he exclaimed, standing in front of the dinosaur. My, now he had to raise his muzzle a lot more to look into his comrade’s eyes. “Thou hast my earnest congratulations! Thou art looking… spectacular, especially with that lovely flower.” He wagged his tails and beamed a bright grin. “I am so happy for thee!”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv gave their leaf a few experimental waves. Yep, it was still there, and it was flexible again! Strange, they thought they'd lose it once they became a Meganium. Not that they're complaining, they very much enjoy retaining their leaf.

"This...this is so cool!" Saltriv said, a bright smile on their face. They extended a few vines, and wrapped them around Icetales in a hug. "Thank you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom