• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Pokemon Lightning Yellow

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Episode 13c: A Clash of Superstars (part 1)

Misty sighed as the bus made its way back to the Cerulean Gym. There's no way around it...and I've stalled long enough...I have to face Lilly and Violet now.

She sighed as she mentally rehearsed what to say, aware of Ash and Brock talking in the seat behind her. Lilly...for the millionth time, I an NOT interested in joining your idol unit. Dancing around singing cutesy lyrics in equally cutesy costumes is NOT my cup of tea.

After taking a breath to calm her nerves and the Beautiflies in her stomach, she next mentally rehearsed what to say to Violet. Violet...I will happily act in a play, but all your water ballets and spectaculars should be put on elsewhere--the Gym is not your private theater. If you want a theater so bad, the Wave isn't far from here, and it can accommodate aquatics easy.

She shuddered a little. That, and your scripts need serious work.

Her nervous smile turned hopeful. At least Daisy has my back should Lilly and Violet hound me to perform in ways I don't want to. If they've gotten wind of our chasing Team Rocket, and try to just give him a badge, I will be more than happy to battle Ash myself!

Now arriving at Cerulean Gym...
came an announcement as the bus came to a stop before the majestic crystalline building. Here we are...time to face my fear once and for all! Misty thought as she got up and followed the boys off the bus...

---------

"Wow..." Ash gasped as he glanced around the room housing the Gym's massive main pool. "Did we just walk into Zelda's Water Temple?"

"Nope! This is Cerulean Gym's main pool." Misty explained. "In addition to Lily and Violet's water shows, it's also used for scuba training and swimming lessons."

She tensed up as a familiar red haired girl and indigo haired girl arrived to meet the group. Speak of Darkrai...

"Welcome back, Misty!" Lilly smiled. "Maybe now you're interested in becoming Waves' fourth member?" She held up a poofy green blue, and gold costume with a two layer piano key skirt for Misty to see.

"Lilly...we've been over this before, I do not want to dance around in cute costumes singing cutesy lyrics." Misty sighed. "So please do not ask me again. For all I care, Waves will always be a trio act..."

Violet, meanwhile, was more interested in Ash. "Aw, is this a new boyfriend, Misty?" she asked, oblivious to the look of awkward confusion and shock on Ash's face. "He would be perfect to play the role of the prince in our newest water ballet, 'The Swanna Princess'!"

Misty happened to overhear Violet's comment. "Listen--Ash is a boy-that-is-a-friend, NOT a boyfriend! There IS a difference!"

"Lilly, Violet, knock it off!" a third voice called, bringing the shouting match to a halt. "If Misty doesn't want to participate in the unit or the water ballets, that is her choice, and her right." a blonde haired girl explained as she arrived in the room.

Thank you, Daisy! A weak smile formed on Misty's face as Daisy approached Ash.

"Um...Daisy...I'd like to battle for a Cascade Badge..." Ash awkwardly stammered as Daisy looked him over.

Daisy offered Ash a water drop shaped badge to Ash. "I heard about how you guys chased off Team Rocket at Nugget Bridge. You deserve a Cascade Badge just for that."

"No..." Ash replied as he waved away the badge. "I came all this way to battle for a badge, and I'm not leaving until I get a battle for one."

Daisy was about to object when Misty volunteered "I'll do it, Daisy! We'll battle two on two in one of the side pools so Violet doesn't get up in arms about 'ruining' the main pool. That, and I promised him a battle anyway..."

"Okay..." Daisy replied. "You can use the right hall pool to battle, since the left hall pool is being used for rehearsals of Violet's production of 'The Swanna Princess' at the moment. If your challenger wins, he gets a Cascade Badge."

"Deal!" Misty replied before motioning for Ash to follow her into a hallway.

"I know Misty is going to use Astra the Staryu and Pearl the Starmie--so how should Tintri and Wings do for a two on two match?" Ash asked Brock as the group followed Misty down the hall.

"Wings is a bit of a risk--what if Astra and/or Pearl know an Ice type move or two?" Brock cautioned. "The only Fire move that Butterfree knows is Sunny Day. That being said, Sunny Day does weaken Water and Ice moves, and powers up many Grass type moves. So the risk of using Wings might be worth it. Don't forget that Tintri knows a few Dark type moves, since Starmie is part Psychic."

[Misty's super stars won't be so super when I'm done with them!] Tintri bragged as the group arrived in the room with a dock-like arena floating over a pool, complete with a red and blue Poke Ball painted on the widest part of the dock.

"Okay, Ash--two on two match, first team to knock out the other side, wins, okay?" Misty reminded Ash as he and Tintri faced Misty on the blue side of the arena. "Astra and Pearl vs. Tintri and one other one of yours."

[Bring it, Lady Dragon of the Waves!] Tintri taunted.

"Okay!" Misty smiled before motioning to Brock. "Brock, if you would count us down, please?"

"All right--both sides are ready?" Brock asked as he hurried over to the line dividing the Poke Ball arena.

Both Ash and Misty cheered in reply. "Okay! Three...two...one..."

Brock's referee's whistle resounded through the room as Tintri stared down the small gold starfish Pokemon...

TO BE CONTINUED...

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Episode 13d: A Clash of Superstars (part 2)

Previously, on "Pokemon Lightning Yellow"...

"Okay, Ash--two on two match, first team to knock out the other side, wins, okay?" Misty reminded Ash as he and Tintri faced Misty on the blue side of the arena. "Astra and Pearl vs. Tintri and one other one of yours."

[Bring it, Lady Dragon of the Waves!] Tintri taunted.

"Okay!" Misty smiled before motioning to Brock. "Brock, if you would count us down, please?"

"All right--both sides are ready?" Brock asked as he hurried over to the line dividing the Poke Ball arena."

Both Ash and Misty cheered in reply. "Okay! Three...two...one..."

Brock's referee's whistle resounded through the room as Tintri stared down the small gold starfish Pokemon...

"Tintri, start with Thunder Wave!" Ash called.

"Astra, Confuse the Pikachu with Confuse Ray!" Misty called.

She winced as Tintri leaped over the orange ray of light, then fired a small thunderbolt at Astra, making lightning criss cross across her. [Misty...I can't move...] she groaned.

Horrified, Misty made a T signal with her hands, spurring Brock to meet her at the Red side of the arena. "Is it okay to use items on your Pokemon?"

"According to global League rules, Items are allowed, but it will cost you a time out to use them." Brock explained as Misty dug out a Paralyze Heal from the item closet near the Red side of the Arena. "If you already called time out, then you won't lose another for using an item. So you still have two time outs left."

"Got it." Misty smiled as she healed Astra's paralysis.

Okay--if paralyzing her directly won't work, new plan! Ash thought. "Tintri, try Thundershock!"

"Astra, defend with Light Screen!" Misty countered.

Ash grimaced as Astra surrounded herself with a purple glow, making Tintri's attack fizzle out. Maybe, if I were to use Disarming Voice, it would break the barrier Astra put up!

He grinned. "Tintri, use Disarming Voice!"

Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... came Tintri's tiny voice. The wave of electric music notes broke the Reflect barrier and sent Astra stumbling near the edge of the arena, falling in the water moments later.

A whistle blast got Ash's and Misty's attention. "Ring out! Astra is unable to battle." Brock announced as Misty scooped her fainted Staryu from the water.

"Ring out?" Ash was confused.

"In most Gyms and arenas, each side has a safety barrier to protect Pokemon, trainers, and audience members from particularly powerful attacks." Brock explained. "Should a Pokemon hit this barrier, or fall off the edge of the arena, it is considered a ring out, and that Pokemon can't battle for the rest of the match."

Misty smiled, unusually calm about losing one of her two Pokemon. "That was cool! I don't know how your Pikachu got Disarming Voice, but I hear it grows with the Pokemon, so as Tintri grows stronger, so will the attack."

She then heaved another Poke Ball skyward, revealing Pearl. "But you're not out of the stormy seas just yet!"

Okay, Starmie is part Psychic...so in addition to Tintri's Electric moves, he can also use Bite and other Dark type moves. Ash thought. That, and Wings' Sunny Day and Bug moves might be enough to weaken Pearl a little bit.

He whistled. "Tintri, come back!"

He next heaved another Poke Ball skyward. "Wings, let's go! Use Sunny Day!"

Misty smiled as she shielded her eyes from the bright sunlight Wings created--never mind the group was in a building. What an opportunity! Ash won't be so confident once his little Butterfree is a Butterfreesicle!

She called "Pearl, use Icy Wind!"

"Wings, fly over the Icy Wind and put Pearl to sleep with Sleep Powder!" Ash called.

[AHH!] Wings yelped as the blast of cold air hit him, making it hard to fly. [C-cold...]

That should've knocked Wings out in one shot! Misty thought, amazed the Butterfree was still able to fly. Then again, the Sunny Day is weakening all of Pearl's Water and Ice attacks...

A grin formed on her face. So let's show off Pearl's Psychic abilities!

She called "Pearl, use Psybeam!"

"Wings, counter with Energy Ball!" Ash shot back. Wings has a selection of Grass moves, so that's an option if Tintri falls...

He watched as a green ball of energy met the rainbow wave. At first, neither attack had any clear advantage for a moment or two. But after a few tense moments, the green ball of energy powered past the rainbow wave and impacted Pearl!

"Wings, return." Ash called, recalling his Butterfree. "Tintri, let's finish this with Disarming Voice!"

"Pearl, try Power Gem!" Misty called back. That should give the Pikachu a jewel of a headache, and allow me to finish his Butterfree too!

She watched in shock as Tintri darted away from the sapphire Pearl had created, leaped skyward, then loudly sang Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... sending Pearl flying all the way to the other end of the arena and into the water!

"Pearl is unable to battle! Blue wins!" Brock announced, spurring Ash and Tintri to cheer.

"Well, color me impressed!" Misty smiled. "Maybe you're a better trainer than I thought!"

She met Ash and Tintri on the pool deck, a familiar water drop badge in hand. "Here you go...as promised, a Cascade Badge to show that you beat me!"

"Thanks..." Ash smiled as he and Misty shook hands. "So, does this mean you're staying here, or continuing on with us?" he asked.

"Are you kidding? There's a wide world of Water Pokemon, and I want to meet them all!" Misty grinned before finding her PokeNav and opening CameraNav. "So of course I'm sticking with you! But before we go, a picture for the Winner's Wall, so Lily, Violet, and Daisy know you beat me!"

"Cheese!" Ash and Tintri smiled as he held the Cascade Badge high for the camera...

Top Bottom