• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokemon Day Discussions - SPOILERS FOR THE DIRECT

Kandykorn

Lion Apologist
Pronouns
They/Them
GUYS HOLY SH*T POKEMON LEGENDS Z - A GUYS ITS REAL IM SO EXCITED HOLY CRAP

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
I was floored too--I'm hopeful this will answer at least some of XY's unanswered questions.

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Not what I was expecting for sure, but I'm here for it! Kalos felt criminally unfinished, so I hope they take the chance to give it the "third game" it really deserved.

There's not a lot to go on in the trailer itself, although it's weirdly futuristic if this is supposed to be set in historical Kalos! Some kind of time travel between different ages of history would be a lot of fun. If the game is supposed to take place in Lumiose as rumored, then it'll be interesting to see how they adapt the PLA mechanics to an urban setting. Or perhaps they'll change up the core mechanics--it would be cool if Gamefreak used the Legends series to explore different kinds of games rather than sticking to a particular genre.

K_S

yeah and only being in one city? It feels like a weird Legend spin-off since Arceus gave us a region and establishing historical timeline... this one seems much more modern? I'll hold my opinion and thoughts until more footage/data pops up but it seems a downgrade with how small it is and weird with the timeframe looking at casual glance to be bumping against kalos' mainstream canon...

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Ye, hard to say without more information. I think it would be possible for them to make an environment that felt as expansive as what we got in PLA without leaving Lumiose, provided they added a lot of features and more density to the city. I'd be here for it, tbh, if it was executed well!

Mirage

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
I was really blown away by it too, I don't think literally anyone was expecting a Legends Kalos (except Ramon apparently :mewlulz: ). I think it might be hard to make the game be primarily about collecting Pokemon if it's set exclusively in a city, so I'm wondering if catching won't be the primary focus in this game like it was in Legends: Arceus. Maybe a greater focus on battling or storytelling, if it skirts revolutionary era France and the many internal conflicts it had.

Another big question is, if the game is being developed for the Switch, or instead for its successor. I don't think they've said anything yet since even Nintendo hasn't talked about the details iirc, but given Game Freak's lackluster optimization performance recently, I'm really hoping they'll have the extra firepower from the new console to help make the game play well.

K_S

the memes have started...

So after posting i realized there was a swear so description of each panel was added for any sensitive to that. The original comic is behind the spoiler tag...

Panel one:
Female trainer
with partner delphox walking together.

Trainer looks at starter:
"Looks like we finally got all the gym badges!"

Second panel: huge shadow over casts them

Both mon and trainer are looking concerned

Panel three:
Source of shadow revieled. Arceus with puppy eyes and a kicked expression is looming over trainer and trainee... And says.

"Child, long story short... I "messed" up. How do you feel like going to the French Revolution?

tumblr_f7cfa6a726ba008303c09950da9c85a4_9f63a1c4_1280.png

Last edited:

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
I'll be fair I'd be totally go with going to the French Revolution but with Pokémon, given a few factors. It'd be able to host an interesting and more deeply contextual take on the fight for human rights - given it's considered the "end of feudalism" until its modern digital resurgence, compared to the (manga-like) depiction of Pokémon world as a pseudo-feudal system in the fandom - and on "eat the rich" and the general fights that stem from human needs - given how Pokémon are supposed to be more responsive about damage to nature than us (that Diglett episode for example). Additionally, it would be quite fertile ground to plant connections to eventual Legends: Paldea or Legends: Unova down the road.

Top Bottom