• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokedex Match

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Think you can guess the Pokémon by their Pokédex entries? Then this is the game for you!

The rules:
I will post an entry for a random Pokémon, and you guess which Pokémon has that entry. Looking it up online or in your games is cheating! Also be aware that the entry could be from any game, from RBY to SV, and even the spinoffs.

If you guess correctly on the first try, you get 3 points. The second try is worth 2, and the third try is worth 1. If no one has gotten it right in three guesses, I will post the entry again along with the game the entry comes from. If no one gets it right after that, I'll tell you what it is.

The first person to 60 points wins.

Here's your first entry:

This gluttonous Pokémon only assists people with their work because it wants treats. As it runs, it crackles with electricity.

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
@FauxFox

Yes! That is correct!

Here's your next entry:

When it encounters something, its first urge is usually to bite it. If it likes what it tastes, it will commit the associated scent to memory.

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
None of the pokemon I associate with scent or memory seem to fit the theme of biting, and none of the pokemon I associate with biting fit the theme of scents, so I'm going with another dog pokemon, and the only one I feel like would bite something as soon as it sees it.
Shot in the dark here, is it Houndour?

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Hm I'm gunna guess gulpin?

Mirage

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
Is it Totodile? The "uncontrollable urge to bite" bit is giving me very strong Totodile vibes, although maybe I'm just thinking of Ash's from the anime...

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
@K_S @Mirage

Nope, and nope, still not right!

Here it is again, with the version it's from:

When it encounters something, its first urge is usually to bite it. If it likes what it tastes, it will commit the associated scent to memory. (Sword)

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
@Nekodatta

Nope, still not right! If no one gets it in two more attempts, I'll reveal the answer.

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
@K_S

Nope, still not right!

If we get another incorrect answer, I'll tell you what it is.

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
@TheCouchEffect

Yes! Someone finally got it!

Here's the next one:

While its movements out of water are sluggish, it can swim as fast as any Feebas.

Nekodatta

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. koraidon-apex
  2. miraidon-ultimate
I suggest giving more hints (like type, generation) in the future to avoid people getting completely stuck and stopping the game.

(Since when is Feebas fast at swimming?)
No idea, but if it's amphibian... Swampert? I kinda remember it being described as sluggish..

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
@Nekodatta

Part of the challenge is trying to guess from just the Pokemon entry alone, but I will give you the version the entry is from after three incorrect answers. If three more incorrect guesses happen after that, then I'll reveal the answer.

Bibarel is the correct answer.

Here's the next one:

It has underdeveloped electric sacs on its cheeks. These sacs can produce electricity only if it rubs them furiously with the pads on its forepaws.

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
@Mirage

No, that's not right! Keep trying!

Top Bottom