• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The actual story

WindiestBark165

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Plot: Sonic, an alien hedgehog, must navigate complexities of life on Earth after beign forced away from his home planet But, he must soo escape after accidentally alerting the villainous Dr Robotnik of his presence and he find shelp in small town Sheriff Tom Wachowski and his trusted Mightyena and they must reach Lumiose Tower before it's too late!​

Chapter 1​

He had to go fast. It was his only choice if Sonic were to escape Robotnik. Robotnik kept shooting his ship's laser weapon at Sonic. After he slides under a truck and Robotnik flies over it, the view freezes.

So, I know what you're thinking. Why is that incredibly handsome hedgehog being chased by a madman with a mustache from the Civil War?

The view then un-freezes and Sonic looks back at Robotnik as he runs and side steps to avoid running into various cars.

Well, to be honest, it feels like i've been running my whole life. Is this too much? Am I going too fast? It's kind of what I do

Sonic then jumped off of a couple walls, dodging more laser shots. He then takes a sharp left, Robotnik still following.

You know what? Let's back up.

We see a fast rewind of events to come in this story and eventually, the rewind effect stops on a blue sky.

We see a blue flash zooming around on an island that looks absolutely gorgeous.

This is the island where i'm from. It had everything. Cascading waterfalls, beautiful grass, sandy beaches, and even public access to loop-de-loops! I never had to catch a school bus cause I could run across the entire island in less than two seconds! Also, there was no school.I know, pretty sweet island, right?

We see the blue streak go through a loop-de-loop. Then, it goes up a ramp and does a pose in the air revealing the blue streak was none other than a Sonic as a young child.

And then there was me, a little blue ball of super energy. No family that I can remember, no past, just me living my life as I could.

"Yeah!" Sonic cheered as he went down a ramp across a gap from the ramp he went up

I was born with an extraordinary power and was told to keep it secret. And like any kid, I did the exact opposite.

Sonic, now curled up into a ball, rolls up some roped bridges into a hut and he bumps into an adult female owl.

After he lands on his back after un-curling, he laughs a bit. However, the owl seemed dissapointed.

This is Longclaw. She took care of me. She was like Obi-Wan Kenobi...if Obi-Wan Kenobi had a beak and ate mice.

"Sonic, someone could have seen you.' Longclaw lightly scolded

"No one saw me, i'm too fast." Sonic said. "And, I wanted to bring you this." Sonic added as he pulled out a sunflower he had picked earlier before getting back to Longclaw

Longclaw went to take the flower Sonic had gifted her until she saw a few Sandslash tribe members outside that had on tribal clothing, masks, and a few of them had bows.

"GET DOWN!" Longclaw shouted as she tackled Sonic and slammed the door to the hut closed before the arrows could hit Sonic.

A few arrows break windows on the hut as some more Sandslash pop up in the windows

Turns out with such great power, comes great power-hungry bad guys. And I led them right to us.

Longclaw saw an open gap in a window and took off flying carrying Sonic and knocking a few echidnas to the ground far below the hut. One of the Sandslash almost landed a shot, but caused a feather to come off. Longclaw then reached into a small leather bag and tossed out the gold ring she pulled out, opening a portal to over a wheat field on Earth.

When she went through, she had fallen to the ground but wrapped her wings around Sonic to keep him safe from the fall. She smiled a little and sighed when seeing he was perfectly fine.

Wasn't looking good, but Longclaw had a trick up her sleeve. She pulled out a magic ring and used it to escape. We barely got out of there. Longclaw knew my power made me the biggest target in the universe. The only way to keep me safe was to keep me hidden, and a whole other planet was the best bet. So, where did I end up?

Longclaw, still carrying Sonic, took off flying. The following night, they had set up a small campfire.

You guessed it. Earth.

"Listen carefully, Sonic." Longclaw said, setting the young hedgehog down on his feet gently. "This is an alien world. Danger could still be anywhere." Longclaw further explains. "We have to be extremely cautious."

Just then, Sonic took off running around the forest. Taking in the wind as he runs around and jumping over logs with ease.

This was my first run on this world, and it was amazing. Nothing ever felt so right. This is where I was supposed to be.

Longclaw, not wanting Sonic to get hurt, quickly flew after him. When she saw he was heading for a cliff, she gasped and flew towards the cliff.

"Uh-oh." Sonic said as he fell off the cliff

Longclaw hen flew down and caught the speedy little Faunus with her hands before going back up in the air.

Even if it almost killed me.

"You're lucky you have me, dear." Longclaw said with a slight chuckle as she flew

Ten years later, when Sonic was a teen, he ran up to the cliff, next to Longclaw and sat down next to her, looking at the ground below and seeing a bunch f people and Pokémon working together on some sort of small farm.

The thing is, the more I ran, the more there was to see. And before long, I discovered what was beyond the woods. People and Pokémon!

"We should say hello." Sonic states. "Maybe we could be friends."

"We can share their world, but never should let the humans see you." Longclaw stated

"I...don't understand." Sonic states

"Humans are like any creatures. When they encounter great and massive power, they want it for themselves." Longclaw stated. "And you, Sonic, have the greatest power I have ever seen."

"So with great power, comes with great boredom." Sonic says as he looked down

"I believe you have this power for a reason, and some day, we'll find out why." Longclaw says, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Until then, we MUST stay hidden."

Longclaw then pulled out a ring.

"These rings are our most important possession. If you are ever discovered, use one. A single focused thought can take you anywhere in the universe." Longclaw stated, tossing out a ring, opening a portal to a planet of nothing but mushrooms. "If you must leave Earth, this is the next safe world."

"That's a lot of mushrooms." Sonic stated

The portal then closes. When Longclaw went to go elsewhere, she nearly fell but Sonic rushed over and caught her.

Longclaw took care of me when I was young.

That night, Longclaw was laying down by a small fire, Sonic having lit said fire and putting a warm rag on her head.

And when she couldn't take care of me, I took care of her.

Longclaw looked at Sonic, taking her final breath as her eyes closed, Sonic trying not to cry, having just lost the only mother figure he's ever known. He then puts out the fire and laid elsewhere in the cave to sleep.

She was my only friend.......

Chapter 2

A few months later, by a sign that said 'Welcome to Green Hills!' on it, there was a cop car. In it was the sheriff of Green Hills, Tom Wachowski. And sitting in the passenger seat was his Mightyena. Tom as there for possible speed limit breakers. However, no one was coming by, bot to Green Hills, not even coming out of Green Hills.

"Come on, one car?? Tom quietly said before sighing an shaking his hand a little since it hurt from holding the blockily built speed radar gun

Tom then went back and forth, acting as if cars were zooming past, eventually hitting himself in the chin with the radar gun.

"I'm bored. Tom said, his Mightyena yawning a little since both of them were bored

Just then, Wayde, someone else in the Green Hills Police Department, spoke over the radio.

"Tom, you read me? re you there??" Wayde asked

Tom grabbed the walkie connected to the radio and said, "No, Wayde, i'm actually on a yacht, in Alola. With Rihanna."

"Omg, thats amazing, please send pics." Wayde responds

"No, Wayde, i'm at the speed trap." Tom said, turning off his radio for now

Tom mounted his speed radar gun onto his dash and took off his sunglasses. Just then, a blue zip rushed by, making the speed radar beep and clock in the source of the zip going at 296 mph.

"What??" Tom whispered

Mightyena sniffed the radar gun, neither of the two noticing that Sonic was watching them, or mainly trying to see what the speed radar gun clocked his speed at. Tom resets the speed gun and looking out both windows, Sonic being out of sight again.

Just then, the blue zip rushed by again. Confusing both Tom and his Mightyena as the speed radar gun clocked in the speed at 300 mph this time around. The two got out of the car, Mightyena finding an unknown scent and following it, Tom following Mightyena. The scent led them over to the grass as Tom kneeled down.

What Tom found really confused him. It was a quill fo some sort. But not like any he had ever seen. It wasn't from any Pokemon, not any he had seen at least. This quill was blue and sparking with some unknown energy.

"Tom, we need you down on main street, there's been violent gang shootout." Wayde spoke over the walkie as Tom and Mightyena got back in teh cop car and it headed back for Green Hills, Wayde laughing a bit about what he just said. "Just kidding, a Farfetch'd stole a bagel, but they do need it back."

An Eevee, minding it's own business on the road trying o get somewhere, didn't notice the truck coming it's direction. As the truck was just about to run the poor Eevee over Sonic immediately ran by, picking up the Eevee and saving it, holding it as he stood by the road.

"Whoa, buddy, you almost got yourself killed out there." Sonic said, brushing the Eevee's fur down a little, this specific Eevee being one he adopted during his time on this world, but not having a way to really use a Pokeball since he has no access to one. "Since i'm in a good mood, let's go for a run."

Sonic then started running, seeming to head somewhere while holding the Eevee as he ran.

"Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!! Have you ever felt so alive??!?!!??" Sonic asked as he held the Eevee like a small plane toy. "This is great, you're doing amazing!"

Just then, the Eevee went rocketing back after Sonic lost his grip.

"Oh, jeez!!!" Sonic exclaimed, going back and grabbing the Eevee before it could hit the ground as he resumed running and brushed off the Eevee's head. "Good recovery!"

Once in the woods, Sonic sat down the Eevee in it's own little separate side home.

"Okay, remember the deal and keep this between us, ok??" Sonic stated, patting the Eevee's head. "Pretend you never saw me and I was never here."

Sonic then ran off into elsewhere in the forest, hopping into his little hideout cave, brushing down his quills and pretending the brush was a microphone as he sung into it. Then, he grabbed an inflatable guitar and pretended he was playing a real guitar as he swung around on a tire.

So what were you expecting? A dirty little hedgehog eating berries and struggling to survive? Well, think again because I am living my best life in the world. Even have a Pokemon of my own even though I don't have Pokeball for him.

Sonic then hops off of the tire, setting the inflatable guitar down as he sat on a bean bag next to some comics. He started reading the comics, chuckling a little.

I got a library.

Sonic then started reading all the comics one after another within the span of one microsecond for each comic.

Then, we see Sonic running in an unused clothes washing machine to get a bit of a workout.

A home gym

Sonic then is seen with a headband on, spinning some nunchucks in the air,practicing self defense if he needs to use it.

And a state-of-the-art security system.

However, Sonic ended up hitting himself in the head, knocking himself over.

"Ow." Sonic said to himself

Next thing we see is Sonic playing table tennis, or ping pong, whichever it is called, with himself using a sign that said 'Hill Top Rd.' as the table. In the process, Sonic ends up nicking his ring bag off f the wall spilling the rings and the map onto the ground.

"Oh no." Sonic said as he went over and pushed the rings back into the bag

And if I am ever discovered, i'll follow Longclaw's instructions and use my rings to go to a planet filled with only mushrooms.

Sonic holds the ring over one of the planets on the map and tosses it making a ring portal to a mushroom planet open up

Gross, smelly, mushrooms

"I hate mushrooms." Sonic said as he sighed

But enough about that, this is Green Hills. The best place in the world

Sonic walks up to the edge on a cliff. He then takes off running leaving a blue streak behind him as he runs. He then runs through Green Hills as he lays on top of a stone sign that says 'Green Hills Sheriff Department' and he seems to be watching something or someone.

These are my people! And dare I say, I am their lovable space creature. So what if they don't know I exist?

In the street, directing traffic, is the Sheriff, Tom Wachowski as he eats a doughnut. He was directing traffic so some Ducklett could safely pass by.

My favorite person is the Doughnut Lord. Protector of this town and defender of all creatures big or small.

Tom smiled as he looked at the group of Ducklett passing by.

"Good morning, Donald, Dasiy, Daffy." Tom greeted

Outside on the back porch of Tom's house, a woman roughly Tom's age, was in a yellow tanktop and yoga pants and set the mac book she had down on a coffee table and started doing yoga. This woman's name was Maddie Wachowski.

Doughnut Lord lives with Pretzel Lady. She is super nice to animals and strangely, was born without bones.

Sonic was watching from a bush remaining hidden.

"Ow, ow, ow!" Sonic said somehow not getting heard as he mimicked the yoga position Maddie was doing.

Chapter 3

After a long day of work, Tom finally gets home and sighs after getting out. His Mightyena yawning as he went inside. When in the house, Tom hung his utility belt by the door.

"Maddie, as Green Hill's most respected Pokemon doctor, what is the fastest way to get a Zigzagoon to leave someone's trash alone?" Tom asked as Mightyena lays down on the couch

Maddie then walked into view, holding a letter.

"Is that what I think it is?" Tom asked

"Uh-huh," Maddie confirms, handing him the letter. "Open it."

Tom grabs the letter and looks at it.

"It's kind small, is that bad?" Tom asked

"Just open it." Maddie urges

Tom opens up the letter to read it.

"Dear Thomas Michael Wachowski, we have reviewed your application to the Lumiose City Police Department, and while pending a background check, we are happy to inform you that you have been selected to join our team." Tom read out loud. "Wow."

Maddie hugged Tom, excited and pleased the application got accepted. That's when Tom noticed an apartment rental website open n the laptop on the table.

"What's this?" Tom asked

"Just some apartments for rent I found on Zillow." Maddie answers. "Houndour and I were gonna head down to Lumiose City and check out a few neighborhoods."

"I see." Tom replies

Maddie went into the kitchen and came back with a cake box before she opens it. "Ta-da!"

Tom looked at the cake with a smile and said, "Never had a doubt, huh?"

"Of course not." Maddie said with a smile

Tom took a deep breath as he sat down.

"Is something bothering you?" Maddie asked

"It's just that all of this is happening so fast." Tom replied

"it's crazy right?" Maddie replies with a hint of sarcasm. "You apply for a job, you get the job."

"Well, pending a background check." Tom comments

"Oh, I hope they don't find out about that tie you used the neighbor's WiFi." Maddie stated as she sat by Tom

"Correction, I am STILL using the neighbor's WiFi." Tom comments, getting a chuckle from Maddie.

"Thomas Michael Wachowski, what did you do that entire tie I was in Pokemon medical school?" Maddie asked

"I worked a second job to pay the rent and a-" Tom starts

"A third job to pay the bills and take care of the house." Maddie finishes. "You sacrificed for me, I am absolutely happy to sacrifice for you. Are you sure you are okay with this whole thing? There's been at least one or two Wachowskis protecting this town for 5o years almost at this point. This is a big change."

After some silence, Tom stood up and said, "I'm sure of it. I love Green Hills and the citizens, but it's time I get out there and prove myself. I want someone else to turn to me in a life or death situation and i'd be there for them."

The next day, next to the 'Welcome to Green Hills' sign, Tom was practicing his goodbye speech.

"It has been a hard tie for me to say this, but I have been gifted a position at the Lumiose City Police Department. Effective immediately. It'll be tough to leave my home town and all my heartships." Jaune stated. "But I must do it in order to grow as both an officer, and as a man."

Tom smiled a little, having practiced the speech with a doughnut he named Sgt. Sprinkles.

"What do ya think, Sgt. Sprinkles? That wasn't so bad, right?" Tom asked in a joking manner. "Now all I gotta do is tell everyone who isn't a doughnut."

Chapter 4​

Late at night, Sonic was on a baseball field. The lights all switch on one by one. Sonic looks around amazed and sees a baseball bat, a couple of helmets, and a baseball and gets an idea. He grabs one of the tennis rackets and stands on the home plate.

"Bottom of the 9th, tie score, and exactly who you want at the plate with a game on the line, Sonic!" Sonic says as if he was the baseball game's announcer before rushing over to the pitcher's mound

"And staring him down from the pitcher's mound, the most fearsome soft-ball in Green Hills, ALSO Sonic!" Sonic quickly added before running back to the home plate

"Okay, focus Sonic, if you win this game, you'll be the most beloved kid in Green Hills." Sonic said to himself

Sonic then instantly ran over to third base and prepped himself a little, and said, "Hit it to the guy in left! He's a real space case!"

Sonic then ran to 2nd base, blowing some bubble gum till it popped. Then, he went to 1st base.

"Ugh, I can't with that guy." Sonic muttered

Sonic then ran to the catcher position, fully geared up and everything.

"Hey, batter Sonic. Hey, batter Sonic." Sonic taunts himself. "SWIIING batter Sonic."

Sonic then ran over to the pitcher's mound, once again looking like he would if he was a pitcher and threw the ball. Then, he ran back to the home plate and swung the baseball bat, hitting the ball towards right field.

He rushes over, acting like a right fielder.

"I got it, I got it, I got it!!" Sonic calls out, missing the ball and hitting the ground. "I don't got it."

He then went back to the three bases, running along first and second base.

Back in left field, he picked up the ball and threw it to third base. However, the ball missed, allowing him once as the batter again to slide past the home plate, scoring and missing the catcher's glove, safe.

"SAFE!!" Sonic, now pretending to be a baseball umpire

Sonic got up, thrusting his fist into the air victoriously.

"I did it! I did it!" Sonic said before looking around, realizing he's alone

"I really am alone..." Sonic said as he took off the baseball helmet and set it down next to the bat an started running around the field

"All alone....forever....." Sonic said as he got faster by the second the more he ran around the field

Slowly, Sonic started getting faster and faster as he staticed with blue electricity and leaving small indents in a few spots on the field.

"Aaaah!!!" Sonic screamed as he jumped in the air and caused a huge surge of blue electricity causing somewhat of an explosion

The electrical explosion set off a huge surge of energy, effecting almost all of the Northwest of Kalos, Green Hills unfortunately getting caught in the range of the EMP explosion, the power in the effected area getting knocked out.

"I'm sure no one noticed that giant blue explosion, right?" Sonic said before running off

Back at his house, Tom was having to use his phone to look around and see where he was going. Out of nowhere, he was getting a call from Wayde, so he answered.

"Hey." Tom answers

"Hi, Tom." Wayde responded

"The power seems to have gone out." Tom said

"Well DUR, the lights are out. The whole town is going crazy." Wayde responded

"Okay, just relax and call Zim to see if he can locate the down line than call Gill and tell him to get his generator to the main power of the town so everyone's food stays fresh." Tom said, seeing a small blue glow coming from the quill he found earlier

"Call Zim BEFORE Gill?!?!? Tom, wait, was that the end of the instructions-" Wayde started

"I'll have to call you back." Tom stated, hanging up

Jaune then grabs the quill, confused about why it was lightly glowing.

Later, at The Pentagon, a meeting had been called.

"40 minutes ago, that giant energy surge knocked out power across the entire Pacific Northwest. What do we know?" Commander Walters said

"Well, our first instinct was it was an EMP. But an Electro-Magnetic Pulse doesn't have that kind of power." A government agent with grey hair stated

"And the power company said it wasn't a system failure." The female agent added

"Well, it sounds like we are really good at figuring out what it WASN'T." Walters said

"This could be a predilude to a larger attack. We should ready up our army forces-" An agent started

"No no no, this needs someone who can figure out exactly what we're dealing with." The general states

"You want to send in a lab rat?" Another agent replied

"Not just any lab rat. A lab rat with teeth." Walters said

"You're not suggesting who I think you're suggesting." One of the other agents replied

"I know, he's a little weird, but-" Walters started

"Weird?!?!? He's a madman!!!" An agent interrupted

"I know, but his drone tech is revolutionary He has a 300 IQ, and a perfect operations record. Remember the Parlagastand incident?" Walters said

"That's not even a country." The agent who mentioned EMPs earlier said

"Exactly, and you can thank Robotnik for that." Walters said

"I can't believe you're bringing that madman into this." one of the other agents said

"Neither can I. But....we have no choice." Walters said

Chapter 5​

Back at the baseball field, several military their major(named Bennington), and people in hazmat suits. A large black truck and a few SUVs pull up.

"What the?" Major Bennington whispered

The large truck pulled up, a side door open, and the one who was in the truck stepped out but not fully out of the truck just yet. He was a white Caucasian male in his 50s, black hair slicked to the side, he also had on a black suit, black pants, black shoes, and a back cape with inner red lining and some rare to the public type of sunglasses. Oh, and he also has a robotic arm hidden under one of his sleeves in place of a real arm.

This was Dr. Ivo Robotnik. More commonly called Dr. Robotnik or just Robotnik. In secret, he was one of the highest ranked members of Team Rocket and was working as an undercover Team Rocket member in the government for years. He stepped onto the ground from his large truck as Agent Stone, his assistant, got out of an SUV and followed Robotnik as he walked up to the Major. Robotnik took off his glasses and looked at the Major.

"Are you in charge here?" Robotnik asked

"Yes I-" Major Bennington started

"NOPE!" Robotnik interrupted

"My name-" the Major started

"WRONG!" Robotnik interrupted again

"is Major-" Bennington tried to add

"I'M IN CHARGE!" Robotnik interrupted yet again

"Is Major-" the Major tried to say again

"ME!!! I'm in charge." Robotnik interrupted again before Stone waked up and held a strange device

"You ever seen anything like this before? It says i'm the top banana. In a world FULL of hungry little monkeys." Robotnik said as Agent Stone put the device away

"Allow me to clarify. Tzzt. Tzzt." Robotnik added as he looked to his left, held up his left hand all while making robotic noises

"In a subquentinentally ranked hierarchy based on level of critical importance, the disparity is to vast to quantify." Robotnik said. "Agent Stone?" he added before walking off

"The doctor thinks you're basic." Stone clarified

"I'm initiating a sweep sequence. Ten miles in every direction should suffice." Robotnik said as he pushed a button combination on his left gloves as drones came out of the truck but not yet launched. "Is he still looking at me funny?" the doctor asked to his assistant

"Yes he is." Stone answered

"Tell him to stop or i'll pull up his search history." Robotnik said

"If you don't stop looking at the doctor, he'll take a closer look at-" Stone started

"I'm not deaf." the Major intercepted

"And tell him his men report to me now, blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah." Robotnik said

"Listen, pal, i'm not sure you realize-" Major Bennington stared

"I'm sorry Major, what was your name?" Robotnik asked

"Benninng-" the Major started

"NOBODY CARES!!!" Robotnik interrupted

Major Bennington rolled his eyes.

"Nobody cares. Listen, Major, nobody cares. You know why nobody cares who you are?" Robotnik as he walked to the Major

"Cause nobody cares about your feeble accomplishments. Nobody cares how proud your mommy is that you're now reading at a third grade level." Robotnik added. "Have you finished Charlotte's Web yet? Spoiler alert: she dies in the end but she leaves a big creepy egg sack." Robotnik added as he looked at his drones having been launched and waiting for a command

The drones looked a little bit like eggs. Little did Robotnik know the nickname he would get later cause of this design choice.

"Oh, my babies." Robotnik said. "Look what came out of my egg sack." he added as he stepped in front of the Major.. "You know what I love about machines? They do what they're told, they follow their programming! They don't need time off to get DRUNK and PUT THEE BOAT IN THE WATER." Robotnik added as he pointed at the Major. "And YOU, do what you're told. Go over there and stand on the edge of your personal abyss....and watch my machines do your job." he added as he turned to his drones and the Major waled off

Stone walked towards the doctor as Robotnik started pushing a button combination on his gloves and the drones flew off.

"Can you feel it, Stone?" Robotnik asked as he kept pressing the needed button combination

"I can feel it, Doctor." Stone answered

"It's evolution Stone, IT'S EVOLUTION!!!" Robotnik said as he finished the button combo

The drones had one goal. Locate the source of the blackout and if it was a living being, trap it and bring it to their creator known only to them as Robotnik.

In his mobile lab, Robotnik was sitting in front of his computer typing away on his keyboard as an image picked up by one of his drones is on screen. Agent Stone then steps in.

"Agent Stone?" Dr. Robotnik asks

"Yes, Doctor?" Stone responds

"Do you see anything useful in this image?" Robotnik added to his question

"Nothing at all, doctor." Stone replied

"Of course you don't." Robotnik replied. "Your eyes weren't expertly trained to spot tracks by the Native Vereshadian Mangetsu." Robotnik added as he switched to a clearer image of the footprint and just the footprint

Stone looked at the screen's picture of the footprint. He was amazed.

"That's extraordinary." Stone said

"No. What's extraordinary is I have managed to determine the exact weight, height, and spinal curvature of this creature." Robotnik said as he stood up and waked over to Stone. "But my computer can't find a single match for it, ANYWHERE, in the Pokedex. This blackout was not a terrorist attack, and THAT'S no baby Squirtle." Robotnik added, pointing at the footprint

Robotnik then walked up and leaned against his computer.

"This guy, is SOMETHING ELSE.......entirely." Robotnik said, devising a plan. "Divert all search units to the sight of the footprint."

Stone then left the lab to do as he was ordered.

"That's one small step for man....one giant leap for me..." Robotnik mutters to himself, looking at the footprint

Chapter 6​

In the forest, Sonic's Eevee was cowering and hiding, scared by all the army soldiers and drones. Sonic was hiding behind a rock.He looked in multiple directions. Army soldiers and drones. Everywhere. Everywhere he looked, he saw at least two drones and 6 army soldiers.

"Okay, you played some baseball, got a little upset, LIGHTNING SHOT OUT OF YOUR BUTT, and now they're coming for you." Sonic said just before he zoomed off to the cave he had been staying in

"Okay, this world isn't safe anymore. Time for plan B, Mushroom-ville." Sonic said as he ran around the cave collecting things

"Okay, essential items only. Toothbrush, toothpaste, hair gel, this funny hat, this half eaten cantelope, my ENTIRE comic book collection..." Sonic said as he was putting anything he felt like he needed into the dufflebag and backpack he had

"Bean bag...can a Bean bag even fit in a backpack or dufflebag? No of course not, that's stupid." Sonic added as he zipped up the backpack and dufflebag

"What else?..the rings! Yes, of course!" Sonic said as he grabbed the ring bag and pulled out a ring and prepared to throw it but he heard barking and drones just outside of the cave

Sonic had now figured out he had to go somewhere else to leave the Pokemon World. He headed for a secondary exit to the cave he never thought he had to use making sure not to forget his ring bag, his backpack, or his dufflebag. He looked back at the cave and sighed.

"Goodbye, cave......." Sonic said as he left the cave

Back at his home while his Mightyena was eating some Pokemon food, Tom was busy figuring out the quickest possible path to Lumiose City. At some point, his phone started ringing and he answered it.

"Hey." Tom greeted

"Hi." Maddie responds

"So, what are you up to?" Tom asked

"Just coloring with Jojo and Rachel." Maddie

"That sounds...half fun." Tom said, setting his marker down. "Hey, exciting stuff here, we had a power outage. Whole town went dark. Felt like a sign telling me to get out of dodge."

"Wayde must have lost his mind." Maddie stated

"Yeah, and he does not have much to lose." Tom replied. "So how's your sister? She convince you to leave me yet?"

"No, but she did tell me to check your phone for dating apps." Maddie states

"Only apps on my phone are the ones that came with it." Tom states. "And the Olive Garden."

"Ah cause when you're there....." Maddie starts

"You're family." Tom finished

A crashing was heard outside by Tom's garage. When he looked out the kitchen window, the trash cans he usually had by the garage were knocked over.

"No way....Zigzagoons are back." Tom says, searching through the drawers. "This time, they are in for a surprise."

"Your 'surprise' better not be my tranquilizer gun." Maddie said. "The poor things are just hungry. Also, those darts are for Bewear"

"Good, now I know it'll work." Tom said. "Just kidding, i'm just gonna use it to scare them."

"Tom-" Maddie started

"Love you honey, bye!" Tom said before quickly hanging up and setting his phone back down on the counter

In the garage, Sonic had broken in through a window and hopped to the floor in the garage.

"Okay, i'm in." Sonic whispered. "With minimal damage to Doughnut Lord's property. It didn't work out on Remnant, but that's okay, you're going to a safe world. A nice, safe world filled only with mushrooms. Mushrooms that'll be your only friend."

Sonic hesitantly pulled out a ring.

"No, I can't, that's stupid." Sonic said to himself. "You have to do it, there's no other option."

Sonic takes a deep breath and held up the ring, ready to throw. However, something stopped him. Tom kicked the side entrance to the garage open, holding the tranq gun and a flashlight.

"L.C.P.D!! Pending background check, paws in the air!!!" Tom shouts before the flashlight and tranq gun aimed right at Sonic

The two stood there silently, staring at each other.The first one to eventually speak up was Sonic.

"Uh.......meow???" Sonic said, trying to seem innocent

Out of instinct and the fact he's seeing something he's never seen before, not even in the Pokedex, he screamed, which made Sonic scream. And his body acted out of instinct, pulling the trigger on the tranq gun which shot out a tranq dart that hit Sonic in the leg.

"Ow..." Sonic comments, looking at the Lumiose City shirt Tom had on. "Lumiose.....City???"

The ring fell out of Sonic's hand and it rolled along the ground, opening a ring portal to directly above the Lumiose City Gym, a whole roof area having been added six months ago. The sight had Tom at a loss for words.

Sonic ended up tripping, dropping his ring bag through the portal and it fell through the portal, and onto the Lumiose City Gym.

"No....." Sonic groans, crawling slowly towards the portal

Before Sonic could get to the portal, though, the ring portal closed and Sonic passed out.

Things were silent again in the garage.

"What???" Tom questioned, unsure of how to react to all of what he just saw

Chapter 7​

Later, Tom had gotten Sonic out of the garage and onto a counter. He grabs the quill and compared it to Sonic, realizing that the quill was Sonic's.

"Huh...The Blue Devil." Tom said as he set the quill down on a small side table

Tom sighed as he had his back turned, not noticing Sonic getting up. When Tom did turn around, he dropped his phone out of surprise which he planned to use to call Crazy Carl and tell him about this whole situation.

"Doughnut Lord?" Sonic asked, having his hand on his head

"You can talk?" Tom questioned as his Mightyena growled a little. "You...you aren't here to abduct me are you?"

"You abducted ME!" Sonic responds

"Okay, that's a fair point." Tom comments. "Who are you? Why were you hiding out in my garage?"

"I-I-I needed somewhere safe, and you were the first person I could think of, Doughnut Lord." Sonic answers

"Why do you keep calling me 'Doughnut Lord'?" Tom asks

"Because you talk to doughnuts, and then eat them if they get out of line." Sonic answered

"Again, fair." Tom said

"Wait, wait, wait, where are all the mushrooms? Why am I still on this world?" Sonic asked until remembering what happened in the garage. "Oh no! I lost my rings!"

"What?" Tom questioned

Mightyena's ears perked up when a loud rumbling was heard outside. Tom looked out to see the large 18-wheel black truck that belongs to Robotnik pulling up.

"What the?" Tom mutters

Sonic jumped a little and quickly looked at Tom.

"They're coming for me!" Sonic exclaimed

"Who's coming for you? What's this got to do with me?" Tom asked

"I don't have time to explain, but you HAVE to help me!" Sonic responded

"No I don't!" Tom quickly states. "Why?"

"Well, my legs, which NORMALLY would be classified as lethal weapons, feel like spaghetti." Sonic answers. "You have to help me, please...it's life or death."

After some silence, Tom decided to actually help Sonic.

"Fine, come with me." To said, heading for the attic

When Sonic went to follow Tom, he simply fell right on his face.

"Uh...a little help?" Sonic called out

Outside, Robotnik got out of his vehicle and kneeled down to what looked like another footprint. He held a hand over it, scanning the footprint and revealing by effect that that specific glove had some enhancements. He then looked at the screen that was on his other arm and wirelessly connected to his glove.

The screen displayed some data, confirming this footprint was made by the same creature that made the one he found earlier.

Tom then walked out onto the porch, saw Robotnik, not knowing who he is, and asked, "May I help you?"

Robotnik looked over and walked over, holding up a hand, seeming as innocent as possible at first as he walked over and says, "Good morning, my rural chum. I'm from the power company, investigating the blackout."

Robotnik then lowered his hand as he said, "If you don't mind, I would like to take a few readings inside your house."

"Oh, you're from the power company? You must know my buddy Spencer, we played softball together." Tom said, not buying Robotnik's act for one second

"Ah, Spence...he's a good man." Robotnik responded rather quickly

Tom then walked up to the door as he said, "Come in and take all the readings you need..."

However, before Robotnik actually could get into Tom and Maddie's house, Tom stood in the way.

"Except, doesn't the company usually take the readings from outside the house of their customers so they can check if there's a chance the customer isn't home?" Tom asked. "Also, my buddy Spencer works or the gas compan and he was always more of an ultimate frisbee type so you wanna tell me why you think I am dumb enough to let you in my house?"

Robotnik put an arm behind his back and started pushing the buttons on the glove in a specific sequence.

"I'm sorry, Mr..." Robotnik starts

"Wachowski. But everybody calls me Tom." Tom states. "Except my dentist, he calls me Tim. But it's gone on for so long, well, it would just be weird if I corrected him."

"Well, Tom, who's dentist calls him Tim," Robotnik starts. "You may have noticed this entire town has been experiencing a power outage."

"Yep, no lights, picked up on that." Tom says

"20 minutes ago, I tracked an energy pulse with a signature similar to the one that caused that disruption." Robotnik states

A few drones come out of Robotnik's truck and enter Tom's house from several ways, Sonic now having to hide behind a shelf in the attic. Back on the porch, Tom was still trying to get Robotnik to leave.

"Listen, uh, Mr...?" Tom starts, wanting Robotnik's name

"Dr. Dr. Robotnik. But my dentist calls me Rob." Robotnik states

"Look, uh, Dr. Robotskies, i'm sure what you're here for is very serious, but it's got nothing to do with me, you can ask anyone in town." Tom states. "Everyone knows me."

"I bet they do." Robotnik responds in an instant. "I'm sure you're hella popular with the Jebs and Murels and Billy-Bobs of this glorified gas station rest stop."

That alone got Tom to tilt his head, not noticing his Mightyena coming into view and growling quietly.

"I bet you go way back to the days of tipping Miltanks and playing in a jugband." Robotnik adds as he does something rather odd for someone with his occupation, this action even confusing Mightyena. "And maybe some day, you'll achieve your dreams of getting a Costco Card, or encountering Ho-Oh."

Robotnik got closer, almost invading Tom's personal space.

"But the reality is, I surpassed EVERYTHING YOU'RE EVER GOING TO DO!" Robotnik adds, getting in Tom's face. "Before I was a toddler."

Tom pushed Robotnik back a little and said, "Ever heard of personal space?"

Ignoring Tom's request for personal space, Robotnik continued on with his tirade with, "I was spitting out formulas while you were still spitting up formula."

"I was breastfed, actually." Tom comments

"Nice. Rub that in my orphan face." Robotnik responds. "Mr. Wachowski, are you familiar with Law Enforcement Code 904 Title 10 Article 104?"

"Yeah, it-" Tom starts

"ANYONE, who attempts to aid an enemy of any of the regions governments shall suffer DEATH." Robotnik said, holding up a finger. "And if i'm the one that catches you, it'll be even worse."

"Worse than death?" Tom quietly questioned, sarcasm and doubt present in his voice

In the attic, Sonic was now hiding as a ball to hide from the drones.

"Okay, i'm a ball. Just a normal ball. Be quiet Sonic. No you be quiet Sonic!" Sonic said to himself

The drones were still scanning around the attic.

"I hope they aren't scanning me for X-rays. I have kind of an embarrassing lunge." Sonic said

The drones scanning ranges were getting closer to him.

"Don't freak out. Don't freak out. Don't freak out.' Sonic said

The scanning ranges for the drones were almost to Sonic.

"I'm freaking out!" Sonic screamed

Sonic then rolled out of the pile of balls he was hiding in and knocked the entryway stairs to the attic down and bounced down them and rolled into the kitchen.

"Why don't you have your staircase carpeted?!" Sonic said as he hit the counter in the kitchen knocking a few pans around

Back on the porch, Robotnik stopped his tirade and looked at what little of the kitchen he could see.

"Old pipes." Tom said, trying to cover up what is actually there

"Yeah, probably just the house settling." Robotnik comments before turning to his truck. "NOTHING TO SEE HERE!"

Robotnik then shoves Tom and Mightyena out of the way and stormed into Tom's house only to see a Zigagoon was eating the cake Tom had left out.

"Here's the thing....i'm never wrong." Robotnik said, holding up a finger

"Welp, first time for everything, I guess." Tom said, patting Robotnik's shoulder before walking over to the cake as the Zigzagoon run off. "Would you like some cake? I heard Zigzagoons have the cleanest mouth of any Pokemon that routinely eats random things"

Robotnik went to leave until he saw something. He kneeled down and grabbed Sonic's loose quill off of a side table as he turned back to Tom.

"Look at that, I was right." Robotnik said, having no trace of surprise on his face. "Note the lack of surprise. Shall we try this again?"

Robotnik then began whistling in a ominous manner as an egg drone came down from the attic and aimed at Tom and Mightyena.

"I'm going to give you FIVE SECONDS....to tell me where it is." Robotnik states. "5....."

"I-I-I don't know what you're talking about." Tom said with a stutter

"4......" Robotnik added

"Hey tough guy, you're threatening an officer." Tom said as he held up a badge

"How can you threaten somebody who never existed? 3......" Robotnik responded

Tom and Mightyena looked at the drone and then Robotnik again, this whole time Sonic was secretly hiding under a counter.

""COME ON!!! RUN YOUR BRAINS!!! You might be able to come up with some lame excuse to keep on living. In 2......" Robotnik shouted

Tom then quickly looked around.

"1......" Robotnik added

Sonic, the moment Robotnik reached 1, he ran out from under he table holding his hands up and said, "Wait, don't hurt them!!!"

When seeing Sonic, Robotnik screamed like a banshee practically. Tom then punched Robotnik in the face and grabbed Sonic, ducking behind a counter with Sonic and Mightyena as the drone then shot at them, but missing.

"This feels excessive!" Sonic comments

The drone eventually goes into a reload mode.

Tom looked at the drone and said, "Stay behind me."

Tom and Mightyena looked back and saw Sonic was gone. When looking back at the drone, To shook his head, seeing Sonic about to jump off a shelf and onto the drone. However, Tom's efforts didn't stop Sonic from jumping onto the drone and it spun around and began shooting, Tom ducking back behind the counter.

"Don't worry, I got it right where I want it!!" Sonic called out. "Cn you believe Amazon is gonna deliver packages with these things?????!!???"

As the drone went into another reload mode, Mightyena hopped onto the counter.

"This was a horrible plan, what was I thinking?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?" Sonic questioned as the drone kept spinning around. "I'm gonna puke!!"

Mightyena then used Tackle and destroyed the drone, Mightyena landing safely. Tom runs over and picks up Sonic.

"We gotta get out of here!" Tom said as him and Mightyena ran out of the house and got into Tom's truck

Tom then speeds off in his truck. The S.U.V. Agent Stone was in had arrived just as Tom's truck took off driving and Agent Stone got out and rushed inside Tom's house and saw Robotnik on the floor.

"Doctor." Agent Stone said as he rushed over and helped Robotnik up. "I just saw some people race out of here and thought that I-" Stone started

"That you should have stopped them?" Robotnik interrupted. "Open your mouth....and say that you thought you should have stopped them."

"No I thought that I should come and see if you were okay. cause they kind of were in a hu-" Agent Stone started to clarify until Robotnik grabbed him by the tongue and pulled him close

"You wanna know the problem with being the smartest person in the world?" Robotnik asked

"Everyone else is stupid." The two said at the same time

"That's right, way to go, you got it." Robotnik said as he let go of Agent Stone's tongue and rubbed his hand on Agent Stone's suit to dry off the saliva from touching his tongue.

"Whatever this creature is, our job is to SECURE it, neutralize it, UNCOVER THE SOURCE OF IT'S POWER." Robotnik started, getting a smirk on his face. "And if it resists, we take it apart....piece by piece...."

Robotnik then put on his shades, not realizing they were crooked at first.

"....and see what makes it tick." Robotnik added, realizing his shades were broken. "Stone?"

"Yes, doctor?" Agent Stone replied

"Call Optical Illusions. Tell them I need new frames. They know what kind I like." Robotnik said as he took off his glasses and tossed them to the side and walked to the door. "Oh, and bring that quill." he added as he pointed at the quill from Sonic he had dropped

"Yes, doctor." Stone replies as he kneels down to pick up the quill

Chapter 8​

Out on the highway, Tom had been driving for a while with his Mightyena in the back seats of the truck with Sonic in the passenger seat.

"Okay pal, you need to start talking." Tom said, demanding an answer from Sonic. "Who are you? WHAT are you?"

"I'm a hedgehog, I felt like that was obvious." Sonic comments. "And i'm in big trouble."

"Oh, you think you're in trouble??? You aren't the one who punched some sort of Government weirdo back there." Tom stated in response

"You think you're worried about this whole thing??? I lost my rings!!!" Sonic snaps

"Ring?? What are you talking about???" Tom asked

"Okay, rings are how ll advanced cultures travel between worlds and now MINE are on a pointy building i've only ever seen on your skin-tight tee-shirt." Sonic said, looking right at Tom. "So I want you to take me to Lumiose City so I can get my rings back and use them to escape to the mushroom planet."

"Mushroom planet?" Tom questions

"YES!!!!" Sonic responds

Tom mumbled to himself a few times before pulling over to the side of the road ad opening the passenger door and saying, "Okay bud, out ya go."

"I'm sorry, what?" Sonic questions

"Look, this is the WORST POSSIBLE time for me to get myself into trouble, okay???" Tom responds. "You asked me to save your life, I saved your life. Now, please, go find your rings and your mushroom land and hopefully i'm gonna wake up in a bed and realize that this was all a dream, okay? So, goodbye."

However, Sonic didn't leave as he looked around confused.

"Why aren't you leaving?" Tom asked as Mightyena also looked confused

"I don't know where Lumiose City is." Sonic said

"It's west." Tom states

"West?" Sonic asked

"Straight shot, can't miss it." Tom replied

"Okay. That' good. I'm TOTALLY COOL with saying goodbye now." Sonic comments

Sonic then bolted off in the direction the open door was aiming. Within seconds, he came running back and a Magikarp was on his head, lopping around.

"So, as I crashed into the cold, dark waters of the coast off of Kalos, I realized a few things. A, I have no idea where i'm going. B, Salt water stings!!!" Sonic stated. "C, I shouldn't even be on this planet right now, but I AM! Why? Because YOU shot me."

"I know." Tom commented quietly

"YOU SHOT ME!!!!!" Sonic shouted

"I heard you the first time, you don't have to.....pile it on." Tom comments. "Good grief."

"I'm wet, i'm cold, THERE'S A MAGIKARP ON MY HEAD, and clearly i'm not gonna be able to do this on my own." Sonic said

Tom looked at Sonic as the Magikarp fell off of of his head.

"Alright, get in the truck." Tom said after some silence

"Really? You're gonna help me?" Sonic asked, shaking off the water and seaweed which caused his head quills and fur to poof up into an afro.

"I guess it is a little bit my fault that all this is happening to you." Tom responds

"Not a little bit, entirely." Sonic states in a correcting manner. "It is ENTIRELY your fault."

"Okay, it's entirely my fault." Tom comments. "You coming or not?"

"Yes." Sonic comments, drying himself off and putting his head quills back down properly and climbing into the car, putting on his seatbelt, and shutting the door. "Road trip?? Whoop-whoop!!"

"What am I doing??" Tom mutters

Later, on the drive, as Mightyena was laying in the back seat, Tom had to set down some ground rules for the trip. After fully deciding hat they were gonna be, he had to bring them up to Sonic.

"Okay, on this trip, there's gonna be a couple of rules, alright?" Tom starts. "Rule 1, do exactly as I say the entire time."

"Got it, Doughnut Lord." Sonic said

"Would you please stop with that?? I have a name." Tom states. "It's Tom."

"Well, i'm Sonic." Sonic replies

"Sonic....Sonic...Sonic....." Tom mutters to himself. "So you've been spying on all of us for years??"

"I mean, i wouldn't really call it spying, it was more like there was a big party only I was never invited and no one knew I was there." Sonic stated

"Wow, I can't believe that blue zip that made my speed radar gun go nuts was an alien." Tom stated

"You should give that thing some sort of nickname to point out how super observant it is." Sonic replied

Later, at a gas station, it had gone dark and Tom parked outside and got out, putting on a cap and looked back at Sonic.

"Okay, I want you to stay in the truck for now, when I get back, we're gonna take a stop in that diner and get a meal." Tom stated before gesturing to a phone booth. "I'm gonna go check in with Wayde, see what's going on."

"You're gonna see Wayde in that glass thing? What is it, a teleportation box??" Sonic asked in a joking manner, knowing it wasn't a teleporting box but didn't know it was a payphone booth

"It's a payphone, mostly for drug dealers and fugitives from the law, which we happen to be." Tom replied, walking over to the payphone booth

Tom pulled out some spare money, put it into the payphone, and called up the Green Hills Police Department. Nor answering after a few seconds.

"Hi, Green Hills Police Department." Wayde said on the other end of the line

"Hey, Wayde, it's me, Tom." Tom started

"Hi, Tom, i'm so glad that you called." Wayde started, seeming nervous. "So, some guys from Atlas came in asking some questions."

"What kind of questions?" Tom asked

"I don't know, something about arson and terrorism." Wayde states in response. "I instantly told them that I have gone camping with you before. The most fire you can light is a small campfire."

Tom rolled his eyes and said, "Okay, listen, this is VERY. IMPORTANT. Do not tell them we talked, okay?"

After some silence, Wayde spoke again.

"I think they already know." Wayde responded

After some short muffling, Robotnik's voice came over the phone.

"Mr. Wachowski...." Robotnik said

"It's Tom.....for the love of the god, just call me Tom." Tom stated

"I'll have you know the only other person to punch me in the face was a school bully. He hit me in the cafeteria causing a blood-forced contusion surrounding my orbital bone." Robotnik stated. "And you know what I did in response?"

"I assume you reported him to the person running the school cause you know, that kind of behavior is really unacceptable." Tom responds

"Wrong!! I examined a deficiency in a world where braune trumped brain and used technology to resolve that deficiency. In fact, it's how I have a robotic arm." Robotnik said. "The teen ate his meals through a straw, for a year!!! And I never lost a fight again, until today."

Well, hooray for me then." Tom said, secretly smirking

"No, because you're about to become the bully with the straw!!" Robotnik snapped in response

Tom got a bit of a concerned look on his face.

"I'm coming for you, Mr. Wachowski....and when I find you, i'll-" Robotnik started

At this exact moment, Tom immediately hung up and pressed the refund button, getting a few money back before he went back to the truck to get Sonic.

Chapter 9​

In the diner, Sonic and Tom had gone and sat at a table, waiting for their menus to be given to them. When they did get their menus, they first opened them to the appetizers page.

"Welcome to The Grayford Diner, what can I get y'all to drink?" The waitress asks

"I'll have a Mello Yellow." Sonic replied

"Get me a Bud Lite." Tom says

"Okay, one Mello Yello and Bud Lite coming right up." The waitress says as she walks off

"So....gonna check off going to a diner off the ol' bucket list?" Tom asked

"What's a bucket list?" Sonic asked, not knowing what a bucket list was

"Well.....it's a list of things that someone wants to do in life before they....well.....kick the bucket." Tom explains

"Oh, i've never kicked a bucket before! I gotta make my list!" Sonic exclaimed, running off and coming back with a paper and pen as he started writing

However, he stopped when he looked down, realizing that once he leaves Earth, he'll never be able to fulfill half of the things on his bucket list. This prompted Tom to ask if anything was wrong.

"Yo, bud, what's wrong?" Tom asked

"There's so much stuff i've never done." Sonic answers. "And now that i'm leaving Earth forever, I guess I missed my chance."

Tom looked around the diner.

"I'm sure some of the stuff on your list is in this diner." Tom replied

"You won't regret this, I assure you." Sonic said

When they started doing things around the diner, the first thing they were doing was Sonic riding a mechanical bull.

"This is easy!" Sonic said

Tom then slipped some money in the machine and made the mechanical bull speed up, nearly knocking Sonic off until he quickly stood up on with ease.

"I've got it!!" Sonic exclaimed

Next thing they did was play some basketball with one of those basketball arcade machines. Tom made a few shots until he tossed a ball that was really Sonic curled up in a ball. Sonic uncurls when he lands on the rim of the hoop and stepped on the score trigger multiple times.

"Ha-ha! New high score!" Sonic said

Next thing they did was playing some pinball. Before Sonic started playing. He pulled out a necklace of some sort with a blue colored emerald on it and put the necklace around his neck.

When he then started playing pinball, he managed to get up to 98,678 points before they decided to give up and go back to their table right as their drinks were delivered.

"Whew! That was fun." Sonic said as he took a sip from his drink

Tom smiled a little before noticing some bikers and asking, "Can we help you??"

"We don't like your kind around here." The lead biker answered, seeming to look more at Sonic than Tom

"Our kind? And what kind is that?" Sonic responds

"Hipsters." The biker responds

"How dare you." Sonic responds as he grabbed an empty glass soda bottle from a nearby table

"We were gonna leave after our main meal anyways." Tom started, grabbing Sonic's arm

"No, no, no, I got this." Sonic states, gently pushing Tom back a bit before looking back at the biker and clearing his throat. "Pop quiz, hotsot, you've just picked a fight with a hedgehog who's seen WAY TOO MANY action movies. What do you do? What do you do?"

Sonic then hopped up and slammed the bottle against the biker's head, only for it to not break

"I'm crazy, this is supposed to break, right?" Sonic stated, trying a few more times, the bier getting more and more provoked

"Uh, Sonic...." Tom said

The biker went to punch Sonic only for Sonic to duck out of the way and the punch to hit Tom, making him stumble back a little. This caused a diner based bar fight style fight.

"NICE GOING!!!" Tom yelled at Sonic

Sonic realized what he did and was now doing his best to defend himself, but admist the fight, the biker from earlier pulled him to the side as he popped his knuckles.

"Why you-!!" Sonic started

The biker ran at Sonic only for him to brace for impact but time completely froze for him when he had opened his eyes, smirking at the biker.

Sonic then took off, going to do various things around the bar while time was still frozen for him.

First thing he did was walk past a boot that had come off of someone's foot and gone into the air.

Next, he took the chance to grab a phone out of the air, take a selfie with it, then put it back in the position of the air it was in before he grabbed it. When spotting that Tom was practically cornered, he ran over, pulling the bean cap down over their face and pulled them away from Tom.

Sonic then pushes back the other biker that had Tom and grabbed their underwear and stretched it out and hooked it on a large model of a falcon that was hanging over a pool table.

He then shoved Tom over to the counter of the diner and ran along the counter, causing a bottle of Bud Lite to slide right into Tom's hand.

Sonic then came up behind a waitress as she was looking as if she was falling when Sonic froze time for himself, and several chili dogs were sent into the air. Out of curiosity, Sonic ate one.

"Hey, these are actually pretty good." Sonic commented, eating the rest of the chili dogs

Sonic ran over, doing several more things like squirting ketchup and mustard on two random dudes' heads, wrapping a few people with toilet paper, and re-seating people in chairs.

He then ran over, grabbed a bear mask off of a wall, and put it on the first biker's head, grabbed a cloth, and then took a position as time began to slowly unfreeze for him.

And with that, time unfreezes for him, people falling over, getting knocked out, and the biker still running right at Sonic.

"Ole!!!" Sonic called out, stepping to the side, causing the biker to crash out the window

Tom looked around confused, not only by the fact he was in a different position, but how everything throughout the diner. That's when Sonic quickly ran back over.

"So, think we should get out of here now?" Sonic asked

"Yeah, I think it's time we go." Tom replied, running out of the diner

While running towards their truck. Sonic got a quick little idea.

"I always wanted to do this!" Sonic said, sliding right along the hood of the truck and slipping into the passenger side window and landing in the seat just as Tom got into the driver's seat. "Nailed it!"

Just then, Tom drove off. Heading for a motel. When at the motel, Sonic lays down on one of the two beds, Mightyena laying on the floor asleep.

"Good times." Sonic stated as Tom held an ice pack on his forehead

Tom sighed as he grabbed the remote for the motel room's TV remote.

"So what do we do now?" Sonic asked as he sat up

"I'm gonna pass out watching TV. I think you should as well." Tom replied. "We gotta get to Lumiose City before we're found, still."

"But this is literally my last night on Earth." Sonic states. "I wanna enjoy every last second."

"Well, go ahead and do everything you can in this room." Tom replied

Sonic then ran around doing various things such as flicking through the TV channels, running back and forth along the head of the bed he'll be sleeping in, and balancing on a dresser. Then, he ran into the bathroom, used the toilet and sat back on the bed in a couple of towels.

He burped a little, the smell of the chili dogs being present.

"Ugh, what did you eat back there at the diner??" Tom asked as he lays down

"I think it's called a......chili dog." Sonic states

Tom took a deep breath and stared at the ceiling.

"So, what's this next planet you are supposed to go to like?" Tom asked

"It's no Earth, I can tell you that. Just a bunch of mushrooms. No people or Pokemon." Sonic replied

"At least look at it like this, you won't be the only Fungi." Tom comments as a pun

"No. Don't ever do that again." Sonic stated

"Heh, I thought it was funny." Tom scoffed

"I know I have to leave Earth to be safe, but what if Longclaw was wrong?? What if I could have a life here?" Sonic comments

What Sonic said just then really made Tom think. He was silent for a minute.

"We should get some sleep." Tom finally spoke as he got up and walked over to a knocked over lamp

"You sleep." Sonic replies. "I'm gonna stay up all night enjoying Earth while I can."

"Sure bud." Tom replied with a smile as he fixed the lamp. "As long was we're on the road by Eight."

Tom looked back and saw Sonic was passed out on his bed. So, he walked over and carefully put the blanket over him. He then noticed Sonic's bucket list on the ground so he picked it up and noticed all but one thing crossed out. He moved his finger to see what was left un-crossed.

MAKE REAL FRIENDS

Before Tom could say anything, he looked back over at the TV, seeing a news report stating he was committing an act of domestic terrorism. He sighed and shook his head and turned off the TV, realizing who had made the apparent claim of him being a so-called 'terrorist'.

The next day, Robotnik had his truck parked outside of the diner, Robotnik and Agent Stone being in the diner and talking to people trying to figure out where Tom and Sonic went.

"Did he say where he was going?" Stone asked, showing the biker who ended up breaking a window a hologram of Tom

"Maybe, maybe not." The biker replied, shoving Stone back a little. "Like i'd ever tell you."

"Stand down, Agent Stone." Robotnik said as he pushed Stone to the side. "This well meaning citizen obviously doesn't understand the urgency of the matter."

The biker stood up, looked at Robotnik and scoffed, "Really?"

Robotnik smirked a little.

At least one minute later, Robotnik, after having gotten info about Tom's location, had used his robotic arm to chuck the biker out of the window which was recently fixed.

"Now that's what I call Good Cop Bad Cop." Robotnik said as him and Stone left the diner and headed back towards the truck, holding out a hand for Stone to attempt to high five only for Robotnik to hit Stone in the gut with his robotic hand before they went into the truck. "Left yourself open."

Once in the truck's main computer, Robotnik typed away.

"Their obvious end goal is Lumiose City and with the approximate speed of their vehicle and local weather conditions....." Robotnik started. "They should be just....about....here."

The computer screen then showed a little blip on a map of Remnant, the blip heading for Lumiose City.

"That's impressive." Stone comments, impressed by Robotnik managing to pinpoint Tom and Sonic's exact location

"Thanks." Robotnik replied. "For nothing."

Chapter 10​

While driving, things were mostly silent cause things were calm. However, at some point, SSonic finally spoke.

"So, what's on your bucket list?" Sonic asked

"Me?" Tom asked

"Yeah." Sonic replies. "We all have a bucket list."

"I mean, you are right, but, well, you're the one leaving the planet." Tom states. "And I don't intend on dieing anytime soon."

"Don't be so sure, with me around, I am a danger magnet." Sonic comments, looking out the window

Tom chuckled a little.

"I guess you have a point." Tom states. "Well, one thing on my bucket list worth noting is that, in Green Hills, i've always felt more like a babysitter more than a real cop, you know? So, my wife and I are gonna move to Lumiose, and i'm gonna become a street cop an...I don't know, see if I have what it takes."

When Tom looked back at Sonic, Sonic was making a sort of 'what-the-hell-did-you-just-say?' face.

"What's up with your face?" Tom asked

"You're LEAVING Green Hills???!?!?!?!??" Sonic snapped. "Why? Why would you do that?"

"This may be hard for you to understand, but Green Hills is a small town, it's a very small town." Tom replied

"It's not small, there are hundreds of citizens!" Sonic responded

"That's a small town, dude." Tom quickly responds

"It's a perfect town, and the people need you!" Sonic lashes out

"Oh, please, I clean up their yards, clean out their gutters, and jump-start their cars in the winter." Tom states. "They could call literally anybody to do that."

"Sure, they could call anybody to do that, but they don't." Sonic responds. "They call you."

Mightyena's ears perked up, hearing something in the distance they didn't.

Meanwhile,. in his truck, Robotnik walked up to the two keypads that can control practically all of his tech. He then pushed a button on one of the pas and saw a series of holograms he could use to get Tom and Sonic into his clutches.

"Hm....Eenie Meeny Miney......Mayhem." Robotnik said a he selected the hologram of some sort of tank

Back with Sonic and Tom, they were in the middle of their argument.

"Would you calm down??!??" Tom snapped

"You live from a great town, with great people, and by my count, ZERO BAD GUYS TRYING TO KILL YOU!!!" Sonic states. "Besides, what could POSSIBLY be more important than protecting the people you care about?"

Before Tom could really say anything, a harpoon from the tank that he just noticed in his side mirror shot through the back windshield and got stuck in the dash So, Tom tried to get it unstuck by steering around as Mightyena tried to chew through the rope.

"You know what??? I was wrong about you! You aren't the Doughnut Lord at all!!!" Sonic snaps. "You're more like.....The JERK Lord!"

"Have you noticed the harpoon stuck in our dash!?!?!???!!!!??" Tom quickly questioned

While trying to get the harpoon unstuck, Tom ended up hitting a side railing and Sonic flew out onto the hood of the truck as he sparked a little with the blue electricity.

"Sonic!!!!!" Tom called out

"I was FORCED from my home. Your home is perfect and you're leaving it. Why would you do that??!?!?" Sonic questioned

"Your body!!!" Tom added

Sonic looked at himself and said, "No, no, no, no, no, not again!!!"

"Hold on!!" Tom says

"Why?!?!???" Sonic asked

Tom then hit the breaks on the truck, which flung Sonic into the air, off of the truck and he curled up into a ball, this being possible, once again, since he IS a hedgehog and he rammed right into a white and black tank, making it fall to it's side on the road.

Tom then turned the truck around and looked at the wreckage as he saw Sonic curled up in a ball and no longer sparking.

"Sonic, are you alright????" Tom asked, genuinely concerned about the speedy blue Faunus

Sonic uncurled and got up, clearly dazed.

"Guess I had a bonus life." Sonic comments, still dazed but quickly snapped out his daze and smirked when seeing the wreckage of the tank and break-dancing a little. "Oh, yeah, baby!! Sonic 1, Big tank 0! I'm sorry did we get that on camera?"

"How are you not dead?!??!??" Tom asked

"I have no idea!!" Sonic answers, not sure how he's alive either. "Did you see me dancing?"

"Yeah, I saw you dancing." Tom replied

Sonic then looked at the tank and scoffed, "Is that all you got??"

"No, but thank you for asking." Robotnik's voice replied, coming over the speakers of the tank

Just then, some gear shifting was heard in the tank.

"Uh-oh." Sonic stated

"Sonic....get back in the truck!" Tom said as he turned the truck to drive off

"You go, I'll catch up!!" Sonic said

Tom then drove off. So Sonic ran and got back in through the passenger side window.

Just then, a smaller vehicle came out of the wreckage of the tank and raced after them.

"I think that tank just had a baby." Sonic comments

The strange vehicle shot out some EMP discs but completely missed the truck. Sonic then climbs out and hangs off the back of the truck.

"Where are you going???" Tom asked

"Just drive the car, i'll take care of this." Sonic replied. "And if I don't make it, just ditch me, you seem good at that."

Sonic then hopped off and ran along the road as three more EMP discs were shot out. Sonic rode on two of them as he grabbed the third one. He then hops up, causing the two he was on to crash into each other as he lands on top of the strange vehicle and looked at the lense Robotnik could see through.

"Hey everyone, welcome back to my live stream. Today, we're destroying robots." Sonic said, holding up the EMP disc. "Step 1."

Sonic slammed the EMP disc onto the vehicle then jumped down to the road and ran back to the truck as it crashed on the side of the road as Sonic got back into the truck.

"We did it!!" Sonic exclaimed

Out of pure spite, another drone came out, this time that was on one wheel as it chased after them.

"We did not do it." Sonic says. "Who is this guy?"

"Ever wonder where your tax dollars are going?"Robotnik's voice stated, coming over the drone's speaker

Tom climbed into the back seat as Sonic got into the driver's seat.

"Just keep the truck going straight." Tom orders Sonic as he pulled out his police grade flashlight

Tom opened the back passenger door that was on the same side as the one wheeled drone. He kept swinging but just barely misses each time. He took a deep breath and made one big upper-cut like swing and managed to cause the drone to take severe damage and fall over.

"Yeah! Whoo!!" Tom exclaimed as he gets back in the truck

Back in his truck, Robotnik wasn't very happy about the several successful escape attempts the two had made.

"Ugh!!! Give me a big. Fat. BREAK!!!!" Robotnik shouts

Back at the crash site of the one wheeled drone, a smaller done pops out and chased after the two, flying up to the passenger side window.

"Aw...this one's cute, let's keep him." Sonic said, chuckling

Just then, the drone started cutting around the top of the truck, making Sonic jump a little.

"Oh, come on!!!" Tom snapped

"How can something so adorable be so terrible??" Sonic questioned

When it was mere seconds away from making a full circle, Sonic poked his head out of the passenger side window.

"You got car insurance, right?" Sonic asked

Just then, the top part of the truck went flying after being cut off, prompting Sonic and Tom to both scream.

The drone then flies up to Sonic and aims at him.

"Buzz off." Sonic says as he grabbed the drone and took off the spinning blades with ease

However, it started beeping as if this was it's plan.

"That isn't good." Sonic says, trying to throw the beeping and likely gonna self destruct drone only for it to not come off, being stuck to his hand

"No, beeping is bad, get rid of it!!" Tom shouts

"I'm trying!!!" Sonic replied as he tried to get it off of his hand but to no avail

"Throw it out the wind-throw it anywhere!!!!" Tom suggests

"I can't get it off!!!" Sonic clarifies

Tom then pulled the truck into a small clearing and Sonic got out, running around the clearing trying to get the drone off. When it finally came off of his hand, it had stuck to his forehead even though he didn't notice at first.

"Did I get it?" Sonic asked

"No." Tom said as he ran over with a napkin

Sonic tried to push it off, but Tom picked it of with the napkin and threw it far, far away.

"It's going, it's going...." Sonic stated before seeing the drone was now stuck to Tom's hand. "It's still here."

Tom shook his hand, trying to get it off. Out of instinct, Sonic grabbed a stick, ran over to Tom, grabbed the drone off of Tom's hand and ran over to a rock, prying the drone off of his hand and onto a stick and setting the stick on the rock.

"Haha! Nailed it!!" Sonic said, holding up a hand

Just then, it blew up, destroying the rock, and sending Sonic, Mightyena, and Tom flying back a bit. When the smoke cleared, Tom got up and saw Sonic unconscious and ran over to him, checking various things like bones, his pulse, and his breathing.

"Come on, bud. Wake up." Tom quietly pleads

Back in Robotnik's truck, Stone was behind Robotnik as they both wait for the result of the explosion.

"Did we get them?" Stone asked before the display revealed the two were still intact and alive, Robotnik not being very happy."Oh, nope, there they are. Man, they are real survivors, those three."

Robotnik turned back to Stone and asked, "Can we have a moment?"

The two then walked to elsewhere in the truck.

"Pin yourself to the wall." Robotnik ordered

Stone sighs and does so, Robotnik positioning as if he was pinning Stone to the wall.

"You know, I won't miss you when you're gone. Human beings and Pokemon are un-reliable and stupid and I care very little about them." Robotnik scolds. "But my machines are diligant, relentless, THEY'RE EVERYTHING TO ME!!!"

Robotnik then noticed a blue glow in Stone's jacket, so he opened it a little and pulled out the quill, the quill glowing.

"面白い" Robotnik spoke in Japanese

Robotnik then touched the quill on his tongue which made his head jolt around a little bit. He then turned to Stone and offers him the quill to try putting in his mouth to taste.

Chapter 11​

In Lumiose City, Tom finally arrived to Maddie's temporary apartment as he picked up an unconscious Sonic and held him as if he was carrying a box and ran up to the door of the temporary apartment and knocked, waiting. When Maddie answered, he quickly pulled Tom in and shut the door behind him.

"What is going on with you, Tom?? I've been trying to call you, you're all over the news-" Maddie started, extremely concerned

"Look, I haven't been able to respond cause of the fact me and this guy I have on my back have been getting chased by a guy from the government." Tom explained, setting Sonic on the couch

"I'm just glad you're okay." Maddie replied, quickly hugging Tom

Tom hugged back.

"Uncle Tom!" A young voice, belonging to Jojo, spoke as Jojo walked up and hugged Tom

"Hey, Jojo." Tom said with a smile. "Wait, where's Rachel?"

"She went to go buy some spare clothes. A friend of her's should get here in a few minutes." Maddie answers. "Anything you want from the kitchen, Tom?"

"I could use a glass of water." Tom replied

In his truck, Robotnik put on some headphones and scrolled through his saved playlist. He landed on one he named 'Tunes of Anarchy' that started with a remix of some sort of song he had made by someone wh willingly did it for him, for free, even.

Robotnik spun his chair around. He then took the quill out of a mechanical claw he had it in and rolled over to a tube and typed on the keyboard in front of it and some small lights came on. He put one end of the quill in one end of a jump-starter cable and grabbed the other end. The moment the other end came into contact with the quill, all the power in Robotnik's mobile truck lab went out

SONG PAUSES

Robotnik turned on a lighter built into his robotic index finger and looked around as he opened the fusebox in his truck and flicked a few switches and with that, the power was back on as he turned off the lighter by closing his finger up and he resumed his music as he gave the quill to a mechanical claw.

SONG RESUMES

Robotnik then started doing some over the top dancing as the claw put the quill in the tube and an analysts started. He then pressed a few things on his control panes and acted as if he was skiing down a mountain. Then, he pressed a few other things and was acting as if he was running from a T-Rex. He then tossed his headphones in the air and turned to the holographic display. The dinosaur bot down and it looked like it actually bit off Robotnik's head off but his arms start going side to side as he walks forward a bit he then stops and turns around and lifts up the sides of his coat.

The moment he dropped the sides of his coat, he did some more over the top dancing. What he didn't notice was Agent Stone had shown up with a couple of lattes. Once he did notice Stone was there, he screamed and the song cut off.

SONG CUTS OFF HERE

"I just thought you might like a latte with steamed Habereran Miltank milk." Stone says

"What do I look like, an imbecile?" Robotnik started as he walked over to Agent Stone. "Of course I want a latte. I LOVE THE WAY YOU MAKE THEM!!"

They then heard a ding-ding-ding and Robotnik looked over in the direction the dinging came from and walked over and saw the quill analysis was complete. The UI was a bit glitchy though

QUILL POWER LEVEL: INFINITE

"Ready the prototype." Robotnik said

Stone simply nodded and went to do what he was told.

"With this kind of power, my machines can finally reach their full potential." Robotnik stated

Back at Maddie's apartment, Maddie had sat Sonic up properly and was checking various things to make sure Sonic was not dead or had any broken bones.

"Well, Tom, he doesn't have any broken bones, he's just really banged up." Maddie said, noticing the damaged and old shoes and taking them off and noticing the hurt feet. "Poor guy's feet."

Jojo checked the shoe size and went off somewhere else in the apartment.

"His pulse is still going, he's still breathing, i'm just really concerned about him, ok? I don't want that guy from the government that's after us to get to him." Tom stated.

"i think I have some smelling salts in my handbag." Maddie stated

Maddie reached into said handbag and pulled out some smelling salts and used them. Sonic woke up in a split second.

"Gotta go fast!!!" Sonic said, before he ran around and stopped on the back of the couch.

"Whoa, buddy, calm down, you're okay." Tom said

Sonic noticed Maddie and said, "Hi, Pretzel Lady."

"Hi." Maddie responds. "Sit down, let your legs rest, Tom and I have to talk for a second."

While Maddie was talking to Tom in another room, Jojo came back with some red shoes that had white straps and gold buckles. She then kindly offered them to Sonic as he hopped to the main seat part of the couch.

"They're for so you won't hurt your feet anymore." Jojo said with a smile

Sonic grabbed the shoes, smiling.

"No one's ever given me a gift before." Sonic said with a slight chuckle. "Guess I gotta cross that off the ol' bucket list."

Sonic put the shoes on. Smiling and happily accepting the gift.

Back at the front door of the apartment, Tom got back in from checking on his truck.

"So, my truck still runs, but it's basically totaled." Tom stated. "Any ideas?"

"I'll think of something." Maddie stated as she dug through her handbag

In Maddie's temporary apartment's living room, Sonic was having a staring contest with Houndour, Jojo sitting nearby.

"So, you're supposed to be Tom's best friend he won't shut up about." Sonic said. "I don't see the appeal."

Houndour then started licking Sonic's face much like how a dog would lick it's owner's face. This alone got Sonic to start laughing.

"Stop!!" Sonic said, still laughing as Jojo chuckled a little as well. "That is very gross."

Tom walked into view and spoke, "Hey, Jojo, can Uncle Tom get a minute alone with Sonic?"

"Sure." Jojo replied as she got up and walked off. "Come on, Houndour."

Houndour followed Jojo without too much hesitation as Tom sat on the couch.

"Cool dog, no wonder he's your best 'Pokemon friend'." Sonic comments

"Come on, have a seat." Tom said. "I wanna talk to you for a sec."

"Ok." Sonic replied as he sat on the floor

"Up here." Tom clarifies, gently patting next to him

"Right." Sonic said, getting up and sitting back down next to Tom

Tom took a calm and deep breath.

"So....back on the highway, what was with that whole crazy lightning display we saw?" Tom asked

"I don't know. It's only happened to me one other time. At the baseball field." Sonic replies

"Tennis field?? That's weird." Tom comments. "What in the world were you doing there?"

"Just....playing baseball." Sonic said, getting a look from Tom. "Okay, okay, there may have been some light crying involved. My power gets weird when I get emotional."

"Well, emotions can be powerful things at times." Tom comments. "It's a regular thing to struggle with."

"Never seen anyone else shoot lightning out of their butt." Sonic stated

"Well, I guess we can say that's what makes your own little superpower." Tom stated. "With enough time and practice, who knows what you can do?"

"Fair point." Sonic replied. "And i'm sure it's a tough decision for you to leave Green Hills. I'm sorry I was so hard on you."

"So, we good?" Tom asks

"Yeah, we're good." Sonic replied, hugging Tom in a way as if Tom was his father before hopping off the couch

"We better hit the road." Tom replied

"Hey, Tom, our best bet would be to call a Taxi." Maddie called out from another room

Tom looked at Sonic and said, "You wanna pick which Taxi service we use?"

Sonic smiled, nodding a little.

Chapter 12​

In Lumiose City, a taxi pulled up outside of the Lumiose City Gym. Sonic looked at it, tilting his head.

"So that's the place?" Sonic asked

"Yep, that's your pyramid." Tom replies

"So, now what do we-" Maddie starts until Sonic rushed off and tried to run up the side of a building. "Oh, he's gone."

Sonic then came back since the sides of the building were too steep to run up.

"Running up is no good. I saw a door up there but it needs a special key." Sonic states

"How do we get up there??" Maddie asks

After some thinking, Tom got an idea.

"Time to abuse the power entrusted to me." Tom states. "Probably gonna hate myself for this, though."

Later, once going into the Lumiose Gym, Sonic was hidden in a dufflebag as Sonic zips it closed, Sonic feeling a little cramped and hardly able to breathe.

"Stay in there and be quiet." Tom whispered to Sonic

Tom and Maddie walked up to a receptionist as Tom pulled out his officer's badge.

"We've got a jumper up on the roof, we need to get up there otherwise we'll have a human pancake on our hands." Tom stated

The receptionist looked at the badge and asked, "You came from.....Green Hills?"

"Yeah." Tom stated as he put his badge up. "That's how serious this situation is."

After some silence, the receptionist handed Tom the keys to the roof.

"You just saved a life." Tom said as him and Maddie walked off to the elevators

Maddie called the elevator and when two employees got nearby, Sonic whispered from inside the bag. Mightyena scratched himself behind the ear.

"How much longer? I can't breathe in here." Sonic whispered

"Do you have your child in that bag?" The female employee asked

"No." Tom answers. "I mean, yes, it's a child, but, it's not mine."

"It's not your child..." The male employee responded as the two employees walked off

"Smells like body spray and an old ham sandwich." Sonic comments

When actually up on the roof, Tom set the dufflebag down and unzipped it, Sonic springing out and coughing.

"What were you keeping in this bag??!?!?!?" Sonic said as he got out

"Okay, okay, what are we looking for?" Tom asked

When Sonic spotted his ring bag and ran over, grabbed it, hung it over his shoulders, and pulled out a ring before running back to Tom, Mightyena, and Maddie.

"This." Sonic said, looking at the ring

"So that's it? We did it?" Tom asked

"Yeah, we did." Sonic said before looking down

Tom looked around a bit, kneeled down next to Sonic and asked, "Not sure you wanna go?"

"I don't wanna go, but I can't stay." Sonic says, tearing up a little before wiping away the tears. "As long as i'm here, everyone here is in danger."

"Well, one thing is for sure. I'm gonna miss ya, you blue speedster." Tom states

"I'll miss you too, Doughnut Lord." Sonic says, walking over to the edge of the roof as Tom put an arm over Maddie's shoulder

Sonic gently pet Mightyena before sighing.

Sonic took a deep breath and threw the ring only for it to bounce off of one of Robotnik's drones and land back in the bag somehow, preventing a portal from opening. Just then, more and more of the drones showed up and surrounded the three.

"Okay, did someone leave their 'Find My Phone' on??" Sonic asked

Tom pulled Maddie closer as in the distance, Robotnik's Bullhead showed up. When it levitated in front of the three as if it was staring them down, the cockpit opened revealing Robotnik in a red, black, and grey flightsuit with some goggles. The flightsuit even had a bit of a red R logo on the left shoulder.

"Welcome to Lumiose City, Mr. Wachowski." Robotnik starts. "Are you enjoying the clam chowder?"

"That's the government wack-job that keeps trying to kill us." Tom told to Maddie. "UNSUCCESSFULLY!! Nice of ya to swing by on your way to Poke-Con."

"Yeah, what are you wearing, sir??" Maddie asked

Robotnik looks at his flightsuit before saying, "It's a flightsuit!! Designed to modulate my body temperature and reduce drag."

"Yeah, and yet you are still one." Tom spoke

"Oooh! God one. You are catching FIRE, Thomas." Robotnik states. "And speaking of heat, I see you've taken a lover. Does she have a name or should we just call her...collateral damage?"

"Hey, watch your mouth unless you want some more of what I gave you earlier!!" Tom snaps before turning to Maddie. "I hit him in the face."

"He hit him right in the face, it was AWESOME!!" Sonic adds

"The time for talking is over!!!" Robotnik snaps. "It's time to push buttons."

"Your flying eggs are pretty impressive, Mr. Eggman." Sonic scoffs. "But let's face it, you'll never catch me!"

"Confidence....." Robotnik said with a nod before his face quickly changed. "A FOOL'S substitute for intelligence."

Just then, all the drones opened up, aiming at Sonic, Mightyena, Maddie, and Tom.

"Uh....Sonic, I know you have that super speed everything but Maddie, Mightyena, and I....." Tom starts

"Totally defenseless? Probably gonna get blown up?" Sonic asked

"Pretty much, yeah." Maddie responds

"Don't worry, I know exactly what to do." Sonic states

Within seconds, he shoved the three off of the roof of the building, them screaming as they fell, Robotnik looking over the side of his ship fr a second or two before looking back at Sonic.

"I was not expecting that," Robotnik stated. with a mild touch of shock. "But I was expecting not to expect something, so it doesn't count." he added with a shrug

Just then, all of the drones shot at Sonic, only for time to slow down for Sonic.

Sonic looked at his wrist, pretending he had a fitbit on.

"Look at this, I took 9,000,000 steps today." Sonic scoffed

Sonic then grabbed some missile, knocked some bullets own out of the air, then slammed the missiles on a couple of drones, destroyed a few more, before destroying one as he slides under it.

Just then, a button in Robotnik's ship glows blue and the cockpit closed and the ship took off, escaping Sonic's time manipulation.

Sonic then goes down the side of the building, aiming some drones at each other. However, he went wide eyed when he saw Robotnik's ship flying right at him and aiming a shot He tried to get away.

"Ah!!!" Sonic screamed as the shot then hit the side of the building, nearly

Just then, Sonic blacked out shortly, leaving his time manipulating state as he fell as well, his rings being all over the place around him. He only woke up at the sound of Tom and Maddie's screaming.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on!!!" Sonic mutters as he reached for a ring he could use to save the two

Eventually, Sonic just gives up and pulls a quill off and uses it's extra reach to obtain a ring. He then resumes running on the building and throws the ring, opening a portal below Tom, Mightyena, and Maddie as they fall through it and land on a series of haybales by a road somewhere else in Kalos.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!!" Sonic gasped before falling through a tree since the portal closed, and landing face first on the ground

The rest of the rings, along with all the dead drones, landed all around Sonic as he slowly got up with a groan. When he got up, he looked over at Robotnik as the large ship the crooked doctor was in floated there.

"Can I give you one GENIUS piece of advice? Don't run, it'll only hurt more if you do." Robotnik states with a smirk. "And it's bad for your joints, they proved it."

"Alright, Eggman, wanna get fast?? Let's get fast." Sonic responds, running around and picking up his rings and putting them back in the bag

Once Sonic had picked up all of the rings, he took off running into Lumiose City.

"The hard way, it is." Robotnik states, putting on his goggles as his ship follows Sonic not being too far behind

He had to go fast. It was his only choice if Sonic were to escape Robotnik. Robotnik kept shooting his ship's laser weapon at Sonic.The chase eventually has the two taking a hard left.

"That was an illegal left, by the way." Robotnik says, trying to shoot at Sonic again, but hitting a car instead

When Sonic dodged the explosion, everything freezes again.

So, here we are again. We've been through so much together. Now you understand why there's a psychotic robot doctor employed by Team Rocket chasing a super-sonic blue hedgehog. Wanna know how it ends? Yeah, me too.

Once everything unfreezes, for whatever reason, Robotnik's sped up ship spun around, still shooting at Sonic.

Sonic jumps up onto a long exterior windowsill, then jumping and making a pose to dodge another shot, then sliding back down to the ground, all while leaving a short blue streak behind him while running. He quickly slides under a truck, narrowly avoiding an explosion as Robotnik's Bullhead is still not far behind.

"How is this possible?!?!??!?!??" Sonic questioned as he pulled out a ring, unsure as to how Robotnik is able to keep up with him. "No one's ever caught up to me before."

Sonic opened a ring portal to somewhere random in Kanto, running past a few random citizens, and even the general but not noticing while running.

"Coming through!!!" Sonic shouts

Just then, Robotnik's ship soars through the portal, going right over some random male, missing him by a few inches, no, centimeters.

"Excuse me, sir." Robotnik said with a chuckle

Just then, the chase led them to a long wall in Hoenn.

"Here we go, room to open it up!!" Sonic says as he grabs yet another ring

While running along this large brick wall in Mistral, he noticed he's failing to lose Robotnik.

"I can't lose him!" Sonic said as he opened a portal ring to Sinnoh, jumping past a shot

He came to a sliding stop, dodging three shots and getting an idea when the sand was kicked up a little and Robotnik flew right past.

"If you can't beat 'em," Sonic states, smirking. "Blind 'em."

Sonic then started running in circles below Robotnik's ship, kicking up a spinning cylinder of sand surrounding the ship.

"Lost...visual...contact!" Robotnik says, seeing through his cockpit windshield, he saw Sonic running up the side of one of the mountains nearby. "You're not allowed up there. IT'S ONE OF THE SEVEN WONDERS!!!!!!!!"

Robotnik flew his ship right out of the sand tornado, right at Sonic and aiming his laser gun at the speedy alien hedgehog. Sonic threw a ring portal, this time one to Green Hills.

Sonic was getting closer and closer to the portal as Robotnik pulled the trigger.

Chapter 13​

The laser weapon hit right behidn Sonic's feet doign damage and propelling the speedy blue alien through the portal.

Sonic came flying out of the ring portal and landed hard on the road, the ring bag still holding rings in it landing by the sidewalk. Tom and Maddie got there just as Robotnik's ship came through the ring portal and his laughter was heard.

The cockpit on the ship opened as Robotnik said to the nearly passed out hedgehog, "You're an astonishing little creature. It'll be fun to take you back to my true boss in Kanto for a litinay of invasive exploratory procedures."

Tom saw the ring back and quickly picked it up, secretly pulling out a ring.

"Any last words?" Robotnik asked, taunting

"Guac.....that's a funny word......." Sonic mutters before passing out

Robotnik popped his neck, not noticing Tom hopping through a ring portal and onto the back of Robotnik's Bullhead as Robotnik stated, "I can't begin to tell you how many scientific breakthroughs have been made possible by animal and Pokemon testing. You're being very selfish."

"Going my way?" Tom asked

"WHAT THE---?!?!?!?!??" Robotnik starts, having not noticed Tom until now

Before Robotnik could finish what he was saying, Tom decked Robotnik in the face. Tom and Robotnik were decking it out in Robotnik's Bullhead

"Who the HELL do you think you are?!?!?" Robotnik asks as he held Tom against the front of his Bullhead

Tom then punched Robotnik in the face and held him over the side.

"I'm the Doughnut Lord, you son of a bitch!" Tom said before Robotnik elbowed Tom in the gut

Robotnik then got to the controls and shook Tom out of the Bullhead, Maddie ran over to Tom's aid. This whole time though, Sonic was still on the ground.

"Why would you throw your life away for this.....thing?!???!?!??" Robotnik questioned, gesturing to Sonic

Tom grunted little

"That's why I don't have friends. Next thing you know, you're somebody's best man, they wanna have the wedding out of town, like nobody has ANYTHING BETTER TO DO!!!!!" Robotnik comments. "Anyways, where were we? Oh yes, you were about to die."

Suddenly, a bullet ricocheted of the side of the ship, causing everyone awake to see Wade standing there with his pistol, armed and ready. And he had a whole army of citizens with various things to double as weapons, practically the whole town and it's law enforcement ready to fight if need be. Even Crazy Carl.

"That's our sheriff you're messing with." Wade comments

Maddie looked back at Sonic, shook June's shoulder and simply said, "Tom...."

Tom looks back at Sonic, really wanting him to get back up, but doubting he will.

"I don't mean to be indelicate here but.......someone should get some ice...keep the body fresh." Robotnik states

Tom looked back at Robotnik before looking back at Sonic and looking down.

"He's just a silly little alien." Robotnik comments. "He didn't belong here!!!"

Tom looked back at Robotnik as he managed to finally get up, Maddie staying by his side the whole time.

"That little alien knew more about being human than you ever will. His name was Sonic, this was his home...." Tom starts, gaining a glare from Robotnik. "..and he was my friend."

Suddenly, Sonic's eyes burst open, glowing with bright blue electricity and Mightyena, who had gone to check on Sonic, jumped back as Tom and Maddie looked back at him as a whole onslaught of blue electricity was hitting him directly as he stood up..

Mightyena stepped back as to not get shocked and Sonic glared down the center path of the road straight at Robotnik. Pissed the hell off.

When realizing who Sonic was glaring at, Tom says, "He's all yours."

Everyone got out of the way and danger zone as Tom shouts, "Everyone get back!!"

Sonic continued glaring at Robotnik.

"I think you have something that belongs to me." Sonic sternly comments, holding out a fist and drawing energy from his quill in Robotnik's ship. "This is MY power. And i'm not using it to run away anymore. I'm using it to protect my friends!!"

Robotnik lowered his goggles and closed the cockpit and armed the ship's weapons and Sonic just stood there, getting ready to dash at the ship in front of him. Everyone proceeds to watch as Sonic dashes at Robotnik's ship, bouncing off of walls and light poles, hitting the ship and dodging missiles and rubble.

He bounced off and damaged the ship nearly 51 to 53 total times, causing a damage alarm to go off in Robotnik's ship.

"Oh, NOW you've done it!!!!!!!" Robotnik snarled

"Guess what, Eggman??!? I'm not leaving Earth, YOU ARE!!!!" Sonic comments as he slid back and looked at Tom. "Doughnut Lord???!????"

Tom nodded, knowing what he had to do, running down the sidewalks he pulled out a ring. Taking a quick deep breath, he chucked it right behind Robotnik's ship, opening a portal to the mushroom planet Sonic was meant to escape to, Robotnik boosting at Sonic, Sonic continuing to dash at Robotnik.

As Sonic hit Robotnik's ship, cutting off the side engines and destroying it's force-field, and slowly doing all sorts of other damage to the ship. Even the side engines fell off. And it was then that the ship got launched into the portal, Robotnik screaming as he shot further and further into the distance on the mushroom planet.

Tom and Mightyena ran over to Sonic and said, "Told ya you got this."

"Hey, WE got this." Sonic replies, breathing heavily before catching his breath

Tom held out a hand for a high five, Sonic smiling brightly before running in circles and quickly high fiving Tom.

Tom then holds out the ring bag and says, "Think these belong to you."

"Thank you very much." Sonic replies

"No more pushing people off of buildings." Tom states

"You know I can't promise that." Sonic said which got a quick little chuckle from Tom before he handed Sonic the ring bag

Tom smiled and patted Sonic's head gently.

"Did pretty good, space-hog." Tom comments

"You too, Doughnut Lord." Sonic replied

"You gonna explain this.....Doughnut Lord thing?" Maddie asked

"Nah, sorry, that's for me and the speedster." Tom replied, getting a nod from Sonic. "I feel like i've checked the save a life box off my bucket list."

Tom then looked back at Maddie, gently holding her hands.

"Now all I wanna do is spend my life with the people I care about." Tom stated. "I wanna check that box."

"I'd like that." Maddie said as the two hugged

Wade turned to the crowd and said, "Alright, everyone, time to disperse. Just another ordinary day in Green Hills."

Tom and Maddie then headed back for their home, ready to sleep for the night Sonic following so he could safely store his ring bag.

"Come on, you act like you've never seen a fight between an intergalactic space rodent and a robot with a doctorate." Wade added as the crowd finally started dispersing

Chapter 14​

The following day, after Tom's truck was repaired, Tom and Maddie were in the middle of fixing up their house.

"You sure you got enough there?" Tom asked, jokingly almost getting Maddie with his paint roller, getting a small chuckle out of her

Just then, they herd some knocking on the front door. So, they set their paint tools down and walk over to the door. When they opened the door, they were surprised to see that it was Commander Walters.

"Mr. and Mrs. Wachowski." Walters comments

"Yes??" Tom responds

Walters reached into his suit and handed Tom an envelope.

"A bit of a token of appreciation from your government about keeping quiet about the recent events." Walters responds

Tom looked at the envelope and was a bit confused yet excited.

"Wonder what it is." Tom comments

"I'm hoping it's money to fix the house." Maddie says

"Oh, on that topic." Walters starts, clapping his hands

A couple of soldiers brought a massive check and handed it to them carefully. It was a check for around 20,000 bucks, enough to fix the house and still have some to spare.

"Wow!" Tom comments, impressed as he set it carefully down. "So I guess I could have the GHPD close our file on that Robotnik guy, huh? He sorta just vanished."

"As long as you continue to keep quiet, do what you please about your police department's knowledge of him." Walters comments

"Okay." Tom comments, setting the envelope down

The soldiers that handed the check to the two then walked back to the SUV they were standing by.

"By any chance, have you two been in contact with a blue colored space creatures recently?" Wakters asks

The two looked at each other before realizing who the general meant.

"Oh, you mean the little blue guy?" Tom comments. "No, haven't seen them for a while. Doubt we'll hear from him again for a while."

Walters nodded before walking off after closing the door, Tom finally opening the letter and it was a bit of a 'Thank you' letter from the President of Hoenn considering some of the damage Robotnik did to Hoenn during the world wide chase, adn a gift card for a world wide french restaurant chain.

"hm. guess he ended up going across Hoenn when chased by Robotnik." Tom comments, setting the stuff down for later usage. "Heard that restaurant chain is pretty good, too."

Sonic poked his head up over the couch and asked, "So, you guys wanna watch a movie or what?"

"Sorry, bud, it's a school night. Time to head back to your cave." Maddie says

"What?? But it's 3 in the afternoon!" Sonic responds

"You know how you get when you're tired. Come on." Tom said, gesturing to the attic stairs before noticing Sonic heading for the front door. "Hey, where are you going?"

"You said Ii had to go back to my cave." Sonic responds

"We did." Tom said, looking at Maddie before the two both opened the attic stairs

When going up into the attic, it was a beautiful and lovely sight for Sonic. Everything from his old cave had gotten moved from the old cave and placed around the attic as if this was now a bedroom.

"Oh.....my....are you kidding me?" Sonic whispered with pure joy and amazement. "I-I can't believe it. It-It's....It's all here."

Tom and Maddie stepped up into the attic with smiles just as Sonic ran around the attic, looking at everything that had gotten moved over. Eventually, he fell back first onto his race car bed.

"I love it, I love it, I love it!!" Sonic said as Tom and Maddie sat next to him on the bed

"Well, bud, welcome home." Maddie says

"Thank you......so much." Sonic replied as the three shared a family like hug

Now, birds were all chirping, flying around, things were now somewhat back to normal for Sonic. No more crazy scientists, no more over persistent robots, and not even any echidna tribe hunters to try to kill him. It just makes him miss Longclaw a little more but his mood got lifted when the Eevee appeared and ran over and hopped into his lap.

"Hey, buddy!" Sonic comments

"We got one more surprise, Sonic." Tom says, reaching into hsi bag

Sonic watched as Tom pulled out a Poke-ball and handed it to him.

"You actually have a Poke-ball for your friend there now." Tom comments

Sonic smiled brightly, absolutely joyous he now had a Pokemon of his own properly.

Epilogue

WindiestBark165

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/Him/His
On the mushroom planet, Robotnik had grown a large mustache. He was shaving his head as he looked at his reflection in some dirty water.

"My grasp on sanity remains.....absolute." Robotnik said

Robotnik then turns to a rock that has grown moss and looks like Agent Stone's face and said, "Isn't that right, Agent Stone?"

Robotnik picked up the rock and said, "Why don't you get a head start."

Robotnik then threw the rock as hard as he could.

"Do some ROCKconnisance!" Robotnik said as he chuckled a little. "ROCKconnisance. Come on, that's hilarious! What's the matter with you?" he added as he slapped one of the nearby mushrooms

He picked up the screen strap he had set on the ground and put it on his wrist.

"Here's the sitch: Un-inhabited planet." Robotnik started

He then put on the metal chunk he was using as a carrying bag that had a few bagged things on it.

"No resources, no supplies. No apparent way home." Robotnik added

Robotnik scoffed a little.

"A lesser man would die here." he stated as he pulled up the canister still with Sonic's quill in it. "I'll be home by Christmas."

Robotnik then lowered his goggles and started walking and made robotic noises while he walked. He came to a stop by where the rock he threw earlier and he picked up the rock and threw it again. This time, it got over to the next giant mushroom.

"ROCKCONNISANCE!!!" Robotnik shouted as he laughed more, still not even hearing a slight chuckle. "Come on, cheer up!!"

Atop a cliff edge, birds were chirping and things were relatively normal.

BACK ON EARTH

The wind started picking up on the cliff edge. That's when a ring portal that seemed to come from Sonic's home planet opened up. A extra tailed anthro shiny Vulpix with red shoes, white gloves, blue eyes, and had a advanced looking device. For writer's sake, let's just reveal hsi name here, Tails

"If these readings are accurate, he's here. I've found him! I just hope i'm not too late." Tails said as he prepped his tails and jumped off of the cliff then rose up flying

He then took off for Green Hills, leaving a light orange streak of sorts behind him.

Top Bottom