• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon PMD: Bad Duck [Interactive]

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
GOD this is a somber scene- and yet the humor remains punchy and solid.
Love your writing style as always kyeugh :letsgorb::letsgorb::letsgorb:

(if Master Tibius is still feeling chatty)
> I think they might exile me.. do you have any recommendations where I should go?

(and / otherwise)
> Head into town early, and make your apologies as you pass the shopkeepers and those still willing to acknowledge you

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
I think they might exile me.. do you have any recommendations where I should go?
gLFKZu4.png
"Before you go, uh..." You tap your feathers together a little anxiously. "To be honest, I'm pretty sure they're gonna exile me. I have no clue where to go. If you were exiled too... do you have any advice?"

Master Tibius shifts his weight a little. "Hmph." Then he starts drawing something in the dirt with his bone. It takes him a minute or two to finish, and when he does, he puts his hands on his hips and gives it a long look, tail thumping.

"The village instructors don't see fit to teach their children geography anymore, eh? Very well. I have drawn for you a map of the surrounding area."

JWTkFKb.png

"Well, I know we're at Last Hill," you say.

"Your intellect slices."

You suppress a scowl. "What's all the swirly stuff?"

"That is the Mother Mountain Mystery Dungeon. Esinuculke. 'Beyond age.' It surrounds this village from all sides. To arrive here from within the mystery dungeon is quite easy. In fact, the challenge is ending up anywhere else." His face twitches from behind his skull-helm. "The dungeon twists and turns no matter which course you take within its bowels, and almost always its wayfarers are spit out here, at Last Hill."

"Did you really have to phrase it like that?"

"There is one way through," the marowak continues, ignoring your comment. "Zorua's Pass. Cúlamnenne. The Foxway. This follows the course of an ancient stream, now dry, which once emptied the weepings of the Mother Mountain into a great spring. Boiling Water. It is a far greater city than this. You will find people there who can guide you further." He bows his head.

"One more thing. If you become lost in the dungeon... Do not stop. Always be moving, or you will be left behind."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

The marowak doesn't answer you. He just peers up at the sun, shading his eyes with a hand.

"It is time for your trial. Go, little one."

"Goodbye, Master."

"Goodbye. Do not die."

Your trip up the great mound at the center of the village is... great. Did they really need to build this thing so fucking tall? Just seems like a pain in the ass for everyone involved.

Your lungs are burning by the time you crest the top. Looks like you're not the first one there—the ceremonial fire is already billowing a great column of smoke and ember into the sky, not unlike like a black tower of judgment if you were being poetic and shit.

There's a smattering of people here already—you spot Pot Monkey and Perry, sure as shit, and your mom. Even Master Tibius is here. How the fuck did that guy beat you? The rest is random towngoers, most of them wearing nasty scowls and pointing them at you. Some of them you certainly remember wronging. Some you don't. Man. You've done so much mischief you lost track. This town really will be better off without you.

Notably, the village chief is missing. Looks like you're off the hook for at least another couple minutes until he shows up. You could go chat around for a little bit to kill time, or you could just wait it out—maybe socializing before your life-altering trial isn't the best look, after all, but how much do looks really matter at this point anyway.

alczcR3.png

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
The return! :quag:

Master Tibius having a human skull helmet is so sweet but also so fucking creepy, lmao. Certainly hope we'll be able to catch up with some of these characters after we're exiled, somehow...

> Anybody you feel like you ought to apologize to before you leave for presumably-ever? Maybe go do that.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
You must consult with Pot Monkey. Someone as cool as him surely has some great advice to give you. Maybe some pot to take the edge off, too.

You're not sure you really want more weed right now, since you still have the joint Pot Monkey gave you earlier. But a little advice wouldn't hurt.

"Hey, guys. Thanks for coming," you say as you approach your pals.

"OHMYGOSH IT'S THE LADY OF THE HOUR! HI AGAIN ESHER!" Perry screams apparently at the top of his lungs. His voice seems to echo across the valley below. Some onlookers shake their heads at you.

"Hey, Perry," you say. "So I guess this is it, huh? I'm curious, what would you guys do in my situation? What do you think the right move is?"

"WELL, I WOULD PROBABLY SAY EXACTLY WHAT THE MAYOR WANTS TO HEAR TO GET MY SENTENCE LIGHTENED A LITTLE, PERSONALLY," Perry replies. "MAYBE YOU COULD SAY IT WAS ALL AN ACCIDENT. AND COMPLIMENT HIS BEARD FOR SURE. HE LOVES THAT THING! ALSO, YOUR MOM IS PRETTY FAMOUS, SO MAYBE YOU COULD CALL ON HER TO VOUCH FOR YOU. YEAH, THAT'LL WORK!"

"Uh-huh. And what about you, Pot Monkey?"

LhBlHR7.png
tUkHu2x.png

The monferno strokes his chin in consideration of the question, his bloodshot eyes looking into the infinite expanse for an answer. After a while, he throws up a mighty shrug and makes an inarticulate sound that kind of seems like it might be to the cadence of "iunno." It might be the most you've ever heard him say.

His lackadaisical attitude is truly aspirational. Even when faced with exile, he would simply be a chilled out relaxed guy. God he is so fucking cool.

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
"The village instructors don't see fit to teach their children geography anymore, eh? Very well. I have drawn for you a map of the surrounding area."
Love the map you drew here!! I'd wondered about the stylized tiled pattern, and OOOGH how you represent mystery dungeons is lovely

> Spend some time with Mom. Give her a hug.
> Tell Mom about trying to reach Boiling Water. Would she want you to write a letter when you make it there?

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
>Maybe some apologies are in order. Think everyone will accept them?
>Hey, you're the daughter of a famous chef, right? Maybe some cooking skills could be useful once you're on your way to Boiling Water. Asking Mom to teach you may be out of the question, but there has to be a way for you to learn.

Top Bottom