• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Oneshot Idea Help

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
I'm plotting out a oneshot appraisal (Volo/Adaman) fic and I'd just like a little help in working it out

Not concerned about length. Just want to get from point A to point Z (I suppose) lmao

I also like worldbuilding lol so I'll definitely be trying to add as much as I can within the oneshot

If you're interested just dm me or reply to this :3

Having an interest in appraisal would be nice as well

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
All right, lay it on me

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
All right, lay it on me
Why do u not alert me of replies you stupid forum lmao

OK so the gist is: Volo gets injured during a merchant run in the Icelands (broken arm) and trapped in an underground ice cave for five days with an alpha zoroark. Ginter eventually asks for help after not seeing Volo return for a few days (highly unusual) and Rei and Adaman agree. Use Ursaluna to find Volo, get him help, and Adaman agrees to shelter Volo as he recovers
Early game (circa Mirelands area), every section is having it's own strange enviornmental issues for a reason I kind of want to tap on (small adventure?) And Volo being a good egg and dragon dad lol

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
Why do u not alert me of replies you stupid forum lmao

OK so the gist is: Volo gets injured during a merchant run in the Icelands (broken arm) and trapped in an underground ice cave for five days with an alpha zoroark. Ginter eventually asks for help after not seeing Volo return for a few days (highly unusual) and Rei and Adaman agree. Use Ursaluna to find Volo, get him help, and Adaman agrees to shelter Volo as he recovers
Early game (circa Mirelands area), every section is having it's own strange enviornmental issues for a reason I kind of want to tap on (small adventure?) And Volo being a good egg and dragon dad lol
I feel like this one-shot is turning into a larger story with the ride pokemon becoming frenzied, Sabi giving a mysterious warning to Volo, strange happenings in each sector (droughts, floods, tsunamis) that may or may not be caused by Arceus

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Ok so what do you need my help with?

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
Figuring out how things should go tho now that I feel like it's becoming a small story I'm gonna have to outline and figure out the larger plot lmao
I can never write oneshots for these two lol

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
Ok so what do you need my help with?
Actually well more like I have ideas and want to see what you think lmao
1. Disasters portending the Frenzies; ie rockslides for Sneasler, tsunamis for Basculegion
2. Rei getting hurt so he's out of commission, requiring Adaman and Volo to stop the Frenzies in his stead

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Sounds good. And this is mid-game?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
All right. Yeah so he's still inexperienced and also doesn't have access to where Volo would be

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
All right. Yeah so he's still inexperienced and also doesn't have access to where Volo would be
TECHNICALLY Rei cheats and gets Alabaster Icelands early lmao
He uses Ursaluna to sniff out Volo’s location. Ginter holds onto Volo’s necklace whenever he goes on his merchant runs as he's promised to give the necklace to Cogita should something happen to Volo

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Oh interesting! I can see that.

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
Oh interesting! I can see that.
And now that Adaman and Volo are dealing with the Frenzies, Ingo apparently is also joining them because he feels guilty after Rei gets hurt defending him from Frenzied Sneasler

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
If Rei goes there early it's no wonder he gets hurt too.

So what are you looking for as far as ideas? It looks like you've got things pretty well ironed out.

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
If Rei goes there early it's no wonder he gets hurt too.

So what are you looking for as far as ideas? It looks like you've got things pretty well ironed out.
Hmmm well
Obviously the reason Volo agrees with the frenzies is to obtain the plates as he figures out that's how Rei is getting them....but he needs to change his mind about the world as he gets closer to Adaman so taking care of the frenzies should take a while (longer than game)
Maybe 2/3 months
So I guess I need ways to keep it that long (outside travel distances, obviously)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
So you need something to keep him with Adaman for a while?

At first he's going to be pretty badly wounded and that's going to take a while to recover from. To say nothing of how Togepi and Gible will be fairing.

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
They're much better than Volo lmao
Gible didn't fall in the hole and actually ran back to get help
Volo cared more about keeping Togepi fed and warm than his own health (he's a very good and dumb egg dad)
They probably wouldn't travel for a week until they hear about Rei’s injury and even by then the only bad injury Volo has is his arm which can be healed on the road

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
where did Gible run to?

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
Jubilife! He knows Ginter is there and Ginter might be able to help
Rei makes sure no one attacks Gible, believing it to be wild. Gible has a teething necklace around its neck and Rei knows that it's Volo’s Gible from that alone

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
I mainly just need like....beats? I guess
-take care of one frenzy then move on to the next nearest one
-stuff happens as they travel that gives them more insight into each other
-frenzy quelling two electric boogaloo
-travel again to next frenzy, rinse and repeat with ways to get Adaman and Volo closer Emotionally
-final battle area scenes (red sky, Kamado pinning blame perhaps on Volo since Rei is out of the picture, dialga and Palkia, etc)

Top Bottom