• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Natural Cure Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
A small cottage off to the side of the Main Hall has been converted into a homely Pokemon Center of sorts. The building resembles a cozy cabin more than a sterile hospital, and is attended to by a cheerful Nurse Joy and her Comfey and Audino. In the back is a little herb garden tended by a Leavanny.

There are a few private rooms are sectioned off in the rear, and there are a variety of soothing herbal and medicinal remedies available for any trainer or pokemon feeling under the weather, or pokemon tired from a battle.

***​

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
From a door in the back, an Audino emerged, followed by a Nurse Joy. She smiled brighly upon seeing Wallace.

"Oh hello! Can I help you?"

Audino's face creased with worry. She sensed something distressing the young man before her.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The Comfey with her chirped sympathetically and drifted closer to Wallace, a trace of a soothing scent drifting from its petals.

Nurse Joy smiled gently, without a trace of judgement in her eyes. "It was quite the trip here I understand, its okay if you're feeling under the weather. Why don't you and you lovely Milotic come to one of our rooms? You can rest there, and we can find you something to help you feel better."

She stepped to the side and gestured to the door she'd come from. Just inside could be seen a hallway lit with warm yellow light, the walls painted soft blues and greens and whites. Then she turned briefly to address her Audino partner. "Brea, can you ask Leavanny for some herbs?" Audino nodded and hurried off.

"Follow me," she said cheerfully. She led him down the hallway, past a few rooms to one at the end, and opened the door. It led to a dim room, with the lights switched off with a cozy bed, sink and small restroom attached. "Lie down in here for a bit, and I'll see when we can whip up for you."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Nurse Joy didn't seem put off or bothered by his sickness. "Don't worry." As she spoke, she took a bowl from a cabinet and began filling it with water. "It's fine to not be okay sometimes, no need to apologize for being human." She soaked a cloth in the water and squeezed it out before heading over to Wallace, who had lain down on the bed. She gently placed the cool cloth across his forehead. It was no miracle cure, but it would help a bit until Leavanny and Brea could prepare something more.

Meanwhile, Victoria slipped outside briefly to find that jar of Pokemon treats they kept near the front. There, on the front desk, sat a bowl with various colorful treats. Upon closer examination, the desk appeared quite neat and tidy. Nurse Joy clearly kept her area organized. There wasn't much to see. A few office supplies, a notebook, and a picture of her and Officer Jenny. It seemed they were friends. Other than that, there wasn't much else to see. On the desk was a sticky note that mentioned a favorite berry for a trainer's Scizor.

[[Foresight used]]

Brea emerged from the backyard and came into the room carrying a small cup. It seemed to be a pleasant smelling blend of herbs and berries. Nurse Joy dipped her head in thanks and took it, handing it to Wallace. "Here, drink this. It'll ease your headache and your stomach."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The sticky note seems to have been written by Nurse Joy as a reminder. It mentions a boy named Franklin and and his Scizor stopped by briefly yesterday to see if he could get some fresh Watmel berries, Scizor's favorite. The time note on it shows it was probably written after dinner yesterday. A box on a table nearby seems to contain a watmel berry, as if it was never picked up.

Nurse Joy tenderly swapped out the cloth for a fresh one, before slipping away to let him rest. Brea remained in the room and placed a paw on his hand, sending careful pulses of healing energy for him. It the effect would be subtle, but it would at least ease his sleep just a bit.

Pausing by the door, Nurse Joy turned to address Victoria. "You seem like you try to take good care of him. Let him know he can come back and get something to help is appetite if he ever wants to."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb walked into the infirmary with Zack's Ball in his hands. "Ah, yes, this has to be the Pokémon Center, right? Good thing I found this place."

He gave the Ball to Nurse Joy and, shortly after getting his Pokémon healed, he noticed a familiar Milotic nearby. "Hm?" He walked towards her, noticing she was laying her head on a bed with someone else. "Wallace. Uh, nice to see you again, I guess. All good?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Sorry if this is a bad time, mister," Seb said, lowering his head. "I just saw your Milotic and got a bit curious." He saw the cloth on Wallace's forehead. "Ah, a headache? Hope you feel better soon, mister."

Seb looked down to the Poké Ball in his hands. "Maybe a chat will help? And you never saw my other Pokémon, so I wanted to give him the chance to meet yours." He dropped it, and in a small flash, a small, humanoid Pidgeotto came out. "This is Zack."

Zack held his hands behind his head, puffing up his chest as he showed off his sleek muscles. "Hey there. Like what ya see?"

"He's a bit of a showoff, as you can see." Seb scratched his head awkwardly.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"A few months," Seb replied. He fidgeted his fingers for a bit. "I've been training him a lot since he always gets excited for a fight. It's kinda hard for me to make him chill, honestly." He really wished Jack was with him. He always knew how to keep the Pidgeotto under control.

"Ya can't stop this hero," Zack said, moving a wing through his flowing crest.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Oh, I'm definitely trying, mister," Seb replied. "Well, he seems to have respect towards Jack, my Farfetch'd. I bet you saw him during the bufeet?"

"Yeah, babe," Zack replied to Victoria, wings stretched open. "You got a hero in the making right here. Seb's helpin' with that."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Oh, geez." Seb looked worried. "That headache must be bad." He looked around for a bit. "Yeah, I remember that conversation was a bit one-sided. I think my question about the multiverse came outta nowhere, too, because the Wallace I remember doesn't exactly go on rambles about poetry and history."
"Gamó ton Drákou, are you flirting with Victoria?!" Wallace said.
Seb looked down at Zack with wide eyes. "Zack, please, cool it." He looked back at Wallace with an awkward grimace. He wasn't too shocked about him understanding Pokémon, having seen a few psychics communicating with them, so he saved that thought for later. "Sorry about that. He really wants a girlfriend."
("Zack, I'm... I'm not interested.")
"It's fine," the Pidgeotto responded, moving his head to the side as his crest swayed. "I'm still lookin' for the perfect lovebird. She has to be out there."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"What's... your universe's Wallace like, in comparison to me? Besides not going on rambles."
"Well," Seb began, looking up in thought, "my Wallace talks more about beauty, especially when it comes to Pokémon and battles. And... Sorry if this sounds kinda rude, but... He's not as, uh..." He hesitated for a moment. What if this Wallace took his words personally? "Sickly? Vulnerable? Well, being the last Gym Leader you gotta fight before taking on Hoenn's Victory Road seems to come with the confidence."

("I might be able to give you a few pointers with women, if you're interested.")
"I'm listening," Zack said as he smirked and leaned his head forward.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"I'm sorry, Seb," he whispered.
Seb was taken aback by the sudden apology. "What for?" He knew it. He must've said something bad. Something that reached Wallace's heart.
("Sure... First of all, you need to learn humbleness. You need to learn boundaries and when someone isn't interested. Aesthetics are important, but so are your manners.")
"Yeah, I always thought that was what made findin' the perfect chick so hard," Zack said. He tapped the floor with his talon a few times. "It's kinda hard not to jump the gun, but Jack's steerin' me in the right direction. Cool guy."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"When you met me, I was a Champion on a pedestal, a person you could look up to. And now to see that Champion falling from their pedestal, to see them as a pile of dust and stone, to see them as broken, flawed, imperfect, to see they have a myriad of problems... I'm sorry I'm not what I'm cracked up to be."
"What?" Seb had a worried look before raising his voice a bit. "Why are you saying all these things, mister?"

Zack suddenly turned to hear the humans' conversation. "What's goin' on?"

"You're still an amazing person in my eyes. Champion, Gym Leader, poet, whatever, you still have skills and talent for the things you do. No celebrity I've known would look down on themselves."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Yes, I know." Seb glared, not towards Wallace, but towards the ceiling. "The Galar League only shows the good parts, but I know that there's stuff happening behind the scenes. At least that's what I think. They try so hard to make their Gym Leaders and Champion into role models without acknowledging what makes them human. All that pressure and perfectionism can break anyone, even the greatest, but all you have to do to be liked is just..." He took a deep breath, relaxing a bit and collecting his thoughts. "Well, all you need to do is be yourself."

Zack listened intently, surprised by his Trainer's words.

"Be true to yourself and others. That's something I want more celebs to know because the media can be full of lies." Seb looked down at Wallace with a calm smile. "But I'm glad you were being honest with me. I'm glad I could be a friend to you; not just a fan."

"Dude..." Zack muttered in amazement.

"But you can be better than this, I know," Seb continued with determination in his expression and voice. "I don't want you to wear a mask that exudes confidence or sadness. I don't wanna idolize nor pity you. I want you to be a friend. A normal guy. Someone to have a chat with over lunch, or even someone I can trust in a Double Battle. Can you do that for me, mister Wallace?" He took a deep breath and sighed. "Man, I got carried away."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb was trying his best not to shout from all the excitement. Wallace, Gym Leader of Sootopolis, offering his hand to him? He quickly but gently shook it with both of his hands. "Yes, I'd be glad to practice with you, mister Wallace! I'm glad that all of this happened. Take care now, see you tomorrow!" With that, he ran out of the infirmary and back to his dorm.

"Thanks for the good times," Zack said as he waved a wing and flew outside with his Trainer.

<<<>>>​

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
After a moment or two, Audino Brea emerged from the hallway. "Oh hi! You're the Milotic from yesterday, right? Nurse Joy asked me to come see what you needed. Can I help you? I hope Wallace is doing okay. I heard that nice girl went missing..." she wrang her paws together, then shook her head to herself. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to worry you more. How can I help?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Oh! Leavanny can help prepare some medicine that will help with that." She paused as Victoria continued, her expression saddening again. "I thought everyone on the island was nice. But I guess they're not, not if something happened to that nice girl." Brea sighed and shook her head.

"I hope her and Franklin are okay. Anyways!" She did her best to smile cheerfully. "All we can do is persevere, right? We can't lose ourselves in worry."

Victoria is watching Brea carefully. Brea is telling the truth!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
("Well, that's good!... The medicine part at least.")

View attachment 3384
("Brea... what brought you to this island? As in, what made you want to work here? Do you know Xavian or Amara personally?")

Brea shook her head. "I don't know Xavian or Amara really well. Xavian seems really nice though! I did know Clink though, Clink is really nice, so if Clink likes Xavian, then I do too!"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Victoria cocked her head. ("'Did' know? Were you co-workers or something similar?")

Brea shook her head. "We were friends! Sometimes when Clink was tired they'd slip into the pokemon center I worked at to rest, and we'd talk. When Xavian decided to hold the festival, Clink suggested we ask for my partner Joy and I's help."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Brea smiled, happy to see Victoria looking a little more cheerful. "I'll be right back." She disappeared down the hallway and returned a few minutes later, a small bottle in her paw. "This should help your trainer. It has some Oran berry for flavor and the herbs will help him sleep without feeling drowsy."

She paused awkwardly, then added with a smile, "You're a good pokemon, Victoria. Wallace is fortunate to have you." It warmed her heart to know there were still such good pokemon around.

<><><>​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom