• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Moonlit Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
R10 - The Search for Giovanni
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    It always seemed darker in the Moonlit Forest, even by the shoreline. Constant overcast weather led to dimmer skies, the constant threat of rain, and cool winds. During the winter, while not nearly as cold as Destiny Village, it was still enough to put a damper on Grassy spirits in particular.

The water was clear and a chilly blue. Behind them, the forest proper stood with dense trees and a thick canopy. Being near mountains, it seemed that there was always a shadow cast on the forest during the twilight--hence its name, as the moon was all that could keep the light when the sun hid behind the summit.

<><><>

Maple emerged from the portal first, followed by Cal and the others. "This was the impact site. You can still see some of the disturbances in the sand, there, but no sign afterward of where they'd gone. Some water in one direction, but the trail disappears quickly."

In the ground was a great gash. Something that Maple couldn't see, but the others very definitely could, were remnant sparks and Blacklight haze, even now. The place was contaminated by Blacklight... And that was only from a stray blast!

R11 - Come out and Play, Sword
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    "I dunno why I got signed up to come to this damn place again," Soda muttered. "What was it? Experience? That I'd been through it the first time? This is bullshit."

"Could have been worse," Shield said, arms crossed. "I don't want to know what the Worldcore would have in store for us. That's not my expertise either."

"And why the hell did they send you here?!" Soda said, jabbing a claw at Shield's arm. "You've got enough demons with a whole world falling on your shoulders, what the hell?! This forest's gonna eat you alive!"

"Maple turned out fine."

"Maple's fucking insane," Soda pointed out.

"And, by your standards, I'm not?" Shield smiled wryly.

"Don't give me that," Soda growled. "Ugh. You really are like her."

He stormed on ahead, toward the forest's edge, while Shield leisurely followed behind. His playful smile slowly transitioned to a serious one as he reminded himself of the mission. Signs of Sword, corruption, traces, revisiting things with a clear head. Moonlit Forest still held signs of massive corruption. If they could find a way to trace that back to Sword...

[RD13] When Your Pet Rock Wanders Off (Nate, Seyka, and Rocky)
  • Negrek

Play the Rain
    Staff
    Nate stared into the trees. It was nighttime beneath them, just like always. Supposedly the place was supposed to be clear now, without the "curse" or whatever the fuck that was. It was nothing more than a dungeon now. Which was still likely to be pretty fucked up, since all dungeons were, but at least they shouldn't have to deal with anything like the arceus that showed up last time. Which, thanks a fuckton for that, Soda.

It was a good thing Nate had been able to bring Seyka with him. Even if the forest still was doing its horrorshow, Nate was pretty sure the guy would've been able to handle it, no problem. "You ain't been to this place before, have you?" Nate asked the skarmory. He nodded at the trees. "Used to be it had some weird thing where it'd take whatever you were thinking about and twist it into something that would try to kill you. Supposedly it don't do that no more, but, you know. Want to be careful and all. Shouldn't take long to find Rocky and get out again."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom