• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Marowak Dojo ~ Hidden Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...Didn't think you'd show up," someone said, and it seemed like the voice was coming from nowhere in particular. It was in the room, somewhere, perhaps. But no sight nor smell nor sound seemed to give away any specifics...

"So, what's got you coming here?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa's head whipped around as he tried to discern the source of the voice, or anything about it. Masculine? Feminine? Even where it was coming from. But it seemed impossible to tell.

"I came for tea," he said sarcastically. "You must know why I've come. I heard about your offer at the Worldcore. To join you. I want to know more." His voice projected a level of confidence he didn't quite feel, though he also wasn't scared. Instead, he felt a burning curiosity, a conflict inside him. The spy was dangerous, but based on what he'd found out... were they evil? Hadn't... Hadn't the spy saved some of his teammates?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Really, you want to know more?" the voice asked back. "Alright. I guess the first thing I'll say is that I don't plan on having anyone hurting for longer than they need to. Once I get what I want, I'll get that all taken care of, then put everything back where it's supposed to be. Easy, simple, nothing bad. People are just going to be nervous that I have all that power at the start, is all. They won't trust me. And I get that. So that's why I need to do this all... sly-like. Makes sense? It's not like anybody who's a god would trust another with that same power, after all."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa narrowed his eyes. "What do you mean, hurting? Is your plan going to hurt people?" Still no sign of where this person was. If they were even in the room. As he spoke, he continued to search for any tells. Shadows, the way the sound echoed, even if there was any other secret spots one could hide.

"And what do you want? I might be interesting in leaving and working with you but that doesn't mean I want to help someone destroy a world or control a legendary or something. How can I work with something or someone I don't a thing about?"

Did he really want to help this mysterious entity? He only wanted to understand. That was all, nothing more.

Are you sure?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"If you're too scared to take that step, then I dunno if I should be trusting you with that kind of info anyway. You look like you're just here for curiosity's sake. And curious people don't always like the answers they get. But y'know, how about I ask you a better question...

"Ever saw something about a world that you just wanted to... change? ...Because with the power I'm about to get, I'm gonna be able to do that. And I wouldn't mind doing some charity work for your world, too."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
A growl rose in Koa. "I'm not scared," he said, tone sparking with icy anger. "But I'm not stupid. You're complaining people don't trust others with power. I don't have a problem with power or someone having a lot of it. My world has legendaries and tons of powerful forces. Powerful people even. But I've seen plenty of evil too."

He clenched his jaw, his frown deepening. Something he just wanted to change? The insinuation of those words scared him a little. His instinctive response was to say no, deny it. He didn't want that power. That was wrong and he knew it. Wrong wrong wrong-

Liar.

But... charity work? He wasn't sure he trusted this beings tone. Or him, yet. Still...

"...Yes," he said.

Just like him.

His heart beat a little faster but he forced himself not to waver. Not to cower from the words he spoke. "Who doesn't want to change something? I want..."

He didn't want to fix his world. That thought was horrifying enough to him. But too many times, in the dead of night, alone, he'd made private, ridiculous wishes and thoughts. Things that wouldn't be possible, not really. Not without power like the legends. "I don't want to change the world," he said finally. "But I have wanted to change things about myself."

Koa didn't look around again. No point. "So now I'll ask again. What do you want to change?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Silence again. Maybe he was considering it. Or maybe he was just toying with Koa. "I want to change who's in charge of someplace far away," the voice replied. "But I can't do that without power that can trump him. That's really it. And maybe when I'm done, I can also restore a lot of other things that were broken along the way. There are a lot of folks on your side that are hurting because of the decisions of gods. That's no fair, isn't it? I can even the playing field."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
After a long moment Koa finally relaxed, though only slightly. Not because he felt at ease but only because he at least had an asnwer, or a fraction of one. And.... admittedly some part of him was disappointed by the one he'd gotten. Someone else who wanted to be a god. To be in charge. Like everyone else. Yet he also knew that given how worlds upon worlds seemed to exist that were nothing like his own. With legendaries who were not good, and powers in charge who definitely we not.

What if he could help Brisa, or Icetales? Make the world better for them, end their suffering?

"How could I know you'd keep your word though? You have to know how crazy you sound - I mean, thats why you're slinking around like some leader of an evil cult. What assurance do I have that you'd fix my world, or anyone elses?"

He sat down, his vision drifting as his thoughts did. How many times had he heard empty promises? Power trip filled statements of making the world a better place, only to decide to just... use it all for themselves? For a moment, several faces flashed through his mind. Brisa, his mentor and friend. Someone who seemed to tormented when she was clearly so good. Icetales, a pure soul, who seemed so weighed down by his past. All those they cared for as well. Starr. Shiron. Miles. Dave. Owen. All those of Team Spectrum he'd come to know. The shades, so strange yet no less important in their own right.

"Tell me who you fight for," he said quietly, certainty in his tone. That was what mattered to him. It was the only way to know someone. He needed to know what drove this voice, to know if... if perhaps they weren't so different.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...I fight for all the people who've been wronged and had no recourse. For people where gods have cast them aside and the Overseers don't bother with the fallout. And here's the thing... you don't have any assurances that I won't go back against my word. But I'm just going by basic logic that if you're with me, I'm probably gonna prioritize your needs over the ones who were against me. Seems pretty simple, doesn't it?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Inside, Koa found himself perking up. Outwardly, he remained aloof, but some part of him began to shift. If this entity truly were being honest, that was something he wanted too. To fight for justice. For everything that was wrong that he could fix yet... Inwardly he shook himself.

No. No he couldn't let himself be drawn in so easily. Lies were easy to give, to say something that sounded good. How many wanted something good and did horrible things to achieve it? Life wasn't something that could be fixed in a snap.

But he couldn't ignore a chance to do something either. For a moment, he wavered severely. Torn between what he wanted and things he knew to be right. Knowing that the truth was simple yet so much more... His desire to help Team Spectrum, to help Cibus. What happened if this spy had that power and turned into a Tyrant? Had he not feared the same thing of Cola, the strange little Arceus split from Pop?

"What you want... will it hurt Team Spectrum? Or the people of Cibus?"

He hadn't come across worlds to answer Diyem's call only to turn against his team and the very world he wanted to help. "And what are you planning to do with people who don't quite agree with you? Who don't agree with having another super-powered pokemon in charge? If you're just exchanging one god for another?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Heh." The voice seemed to laugh, but still his location was impossible to discern. "You've got quite the heart. Yeah. This is gonna hurt them, especially if they're fighting against me. I'll have to defeat them. That's just how it goes. But when I get all that power, it's not like they'll be gone for good. Everyone that I need to use to get what I want, I'll put it all back when I'm through. Everything will be right, it'll all be okay, and even the ones who tried to stop me... No hard feelings. They just don't get it."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Emotions roiled inside Koa at the entity's words. A hundred desires, wants, fears and other feelings. Needs, duty, beliefs... The team, Cibus, all the possibilities.

"What do you even need me for then?"

It was the one final question that had been boiling in the back of his mind ever since he'd come. "Why offer us to come join you?" For what? Did this being truly have some twisted sense of goodwill or...

Could this all be a manipulation, a long game? Did this entity need something from Team Spectrum?

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa regarded his words carefully. There was so much to weigh, so many factors. "What is Blacklight really anyway? Do you know how to use it better than us?"

And maybe.... if this entity knew more about Blacklight. Perhaps there was something that could be done. "Can you help me learn to control it?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...Control it, huh..." He laughed again. "I'll let you in on a little secret, I probably know about as much as you guys do. I just happened to get a head start. Maybe I know a thing or two extra since I've got a few more powers than just Blacklight... but really, that's not really important right now. Dunno what I can do to train you that you can't get from everyone back at your team anyway."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa barked out a laugh. "So you want us to join you, to help you take over the world or something, using this 'Blacklight' when you barely understand it?" He lay down now, relaxing a little more.Shaking his head, he sighed. "How do you even know what you're messing with then? That Blacklight can even give you enough power to do what you want?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa shivered. He did not appreciate the voices tone much. Maple... had Blacklight? How long had she had it for? What else was she hiding from Team Spectrum? A irritated growl rumbled in his throat for a moment. He hated secrets. "She already has Blacklight? For how long now?" He huffed, doing his best to hold back his exasperation.

"And should we be worried about Maple then? Can we trust her, or any of God Squad? Are they all using Blacklight secretly?"

That lie alone annoyed him enough to almost want to side with the voice, whoever they were. Yet he still didn't trust it yet either.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The voice laughed at that one. It was a rumbling laugh, perhaps intentionally disguised. "Maple has always had Blacklight... ever since her world was destroyed. That's my guess on what's going on with her. For the rest of God Squad? Who knows? ...But you definitely should be worried about Maple. A Voice of Life without a world to protect... That's no different than a rogue god on the loose, don't you think? Who knows what she'll do if she loses control over it after all that's happened..."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
A thousand thoughts tumbled through his mind like a rockslide. But he didn't focus much on any of them, instead blurting "Aren't you trying to become a rogue god?" It was less of an accusation, more of an ironic observation. He snorted, half amused half nervous, half unnerved. The more he talked to this entity, the strange mix of ill at ease and relaxed he felt. This guy was smart and cunning and manipulative but he also didn't make sense sometimes, which was amusing. For all his talk this entity seemed to be trying awful hard to look big and mighty, to disguise himself and appear mysterious.

"So tell me..." he said slowly, gathering his thoughts. "You claim Maple has always had Blacklight. Ever since Telum was detroyed. Yet I heard back at the Worldcore that Telum isn't destroyed. Were you lying about that?" A frown formed on his jaws. "What really happened when God Squad showed up here?"

After all, if Telum was dead, or if he lied, what was to say this entity might not lie about much worse? Maybe if this entity would give him some aspect of truth... why did he find himself wanting to trust them? He almost pitied them in a way, yet felt a kinship as well. Someone who just desperately wanted to do good....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom