• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Legend has it [PLA Gen Week 2023]

ErazonPo3

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Hey there! This is my first post to the forum but I figured this would be a good series for it; I'm going to be posting a series of written pieces based on prompts from the PLA Gen Week on tumblr, which are part of my In Too Deep series (which itself is a worldbuilding one-shot series to expand the setting of my PLA webcomic, Way Out). The focus of these was to explore the charactersation & setting of PLA within my own setting, and should be easy to follow even if you're not familiar with the story beats or original characters.

I hope you enjoy reading!

Prompt: Introductions | In this moment

The calm blue waters and warm yellow sand of Prelude Beach is a welcoming sight. It welcomed the Galaxy Team, months ago, as a safe port to land and an ideal location for a settlement— leaving them to deal with the consequences. Irida glances at Adaman from the corner of her eye. The Diamond Clan Leader typically wears his heart on his sleeve, but his expression is unreadable now. She attempts to smooth out her face the same way.

The three representatives of the Galaxy Team make an… interesting first impression. The Commander’s sweeping kimono fails to cloak his strongman figure underneath, and the intricate embroidery on his sleeves reflect the wealth and status at his disposal. The two women flanking his sides somehow manage to be even more intimidating; the woman with cropped blue hair holds a bo staff, and it’s certain she knows how to use it, while the woman with curly red hair looks like she could deadlift an Ursaring.

“Diamond Clan Leader Adaman, and Pearl Clan Leader Irida, it is good to finally meet you in person. I am Commander Kamado, and this is my Adjutant, Cyllene, and Captain Zisu of the Security Corps,” the Commander says, and his group bows in turn. Adaman and Irida mirror the gesture. “We are familiar with the Clans’ history of conflict, and I would like to be clear that we have no interest in provoking it, neither between yourselves nor between us. I believe the Hisui region has a peaceful future, if only we can foster it,” he continues.

His words sound diplomatic, but Irida knows Calaba would probably see through him, if only she were here. She feels too illiterate to read between the lines on her own, but she needs Kamado to see her as an adult, too. Her father had taught her to speak with outsiders— merchants and explorers have visited Hisui for many generations— but nothing could have prepared her for peace negotiations with outsiders twice her age, with military experience and a desire to claim territory for themselves.

“You’re not the first group to land on Hisui’s shores speaking of peace. I’m sure you’ve heard news of what happened to the last,” Adaman says, folding his arms. Irida wouldn’t have been so bold, but Kamado remains unruffled.

“Yes. The Blindépique Expedition was reported as a total failure, and the Fleur de Lis family is no longer supporting their financial interests.”

The politics of faraway regions matters very little to her, but Irida knows it could be more important to the future of their home than Commander Kamado would ever let on. She watches the two women by Kamado’s side for any reaction to hs words, but Zisu appears unphased, and Cyllene’s expression hadn’t shifted a milimetre through their entire exchange.

“And how will the Galaxy Team be any different?” Irida asks, before Adaman can.

“It’s simple. We are not the fools that they are,” Kamado answers. It’s a refrain Irida knows well— our clan is smarter, our clan is braver, our clan is right, but as a leader it’s her responsibility to see through the bluster to see the reality of the situation. Kamado doesn’t elaborate, but he can see they aren’t fully convinced.

“How about I take you for a tour through our village?” he offers.

Commander Kamado leads them to the southern entrance, guarded by one of their members dressed in red. When the Galaxy Team first arrived, the walls were the first thing to go up. They were mainly built to keep Pokémon out, but stand as a symbol of both their fear of their environment and their claim on the space they have chosen. But perhaps there’s some merit to their caution, and the tangible boundary between what’s theirs and what isn’t. Only Sinnoh knows if the walls will come down with time.

Irida’s first impression of the inside is that everything is ordered and organised thanks to the luxury of a town planning on a blank slate, though the buildings are mostly rudimentary. The houses look different from their cises, but the construction is much the same. Each building is lifted off the ground on wooden stilts, and built with thin walls and angled roofs, able to withstand earthquakes and snow. Further down the avenue, there’s a group of people putting up the frame for a new house. A couple of older adults direct their younger apprentices on where to hold the timber slats and nail, while teenagers scurry back and forth delivering materials to whoever shouts for them. A woman dressed in a purple uniform that matches Zisu’s waves at them as they walk by, but soon returns to her scrutiny of the process.

“The Construction Corps are in charge of all our building needs, but everyone in town lends a hand to get the work done,” Kamado explains, and nods to an older man serving lunch to a group of workers on break. “It’s all about laying a good foundation,” he chuffs, and though his moustache hides most of his expression, the pride in his voice is clear.

Along the way, they walk past shopkeepers and craftspeople, and all their children— the last expedition didn’t have children. The clothes they wear look different, too, and she overhears snippets of conversations in all sorts of unfamiliar accents and languages. The Galaxy Team doesn’t fly the banner of a single region, but bears a logo of its own.

“Where do most of your people hail from?” Adaman asks, noticing the symbol as well.

“I myself am from Johto, not too far south of Hisui, in fact. Both Cyllene and Zisu lived in the Hoenn region,” Kamado nods at them, “but members of our Corps come from all over the world— some as far as Alola.”

“Many of the people here are escaping strife in their own land. When rulers trade blows, it’s often the innocents who suffer most of all,” Cyllene adds, though her voice remains as neutral as her expression.

Finally they reach the end of the road, stoppered by the Galaxy Building. The entire structure is massive, with at least three levels based on the way the windows are stacked, and there’s no telling as to how far underground it might go. The tiled roof has a gentle curve that lifts at the eaves, and on top are two empty pedestals that will probably have something on top when it’s all finished. The building’s facade is still surrounded by a wooden frame, and the earth around it is ruptured with a system of trenches.

Even unfinished it’s impressive, but most of all it speaks to the kind of resources the Galaxy Team has at its disposal. Whether they hope to build a home or an empire remains to be seen, but for the sake of peace they’re going to have to take Kamado at his word.

“You’ve built a good village, here. It’s been good to meet you, Kamado. I hope both the Diamond Clan and the Galaxy Team can benefit from a friendly relationship going forward,” Adaman says, and shit that sounds smart. Irida clears her throat.

“The Pearl Clan is open to building a new friendship with the Galaxy Team, and though we have our differences with the Diamond Clan, I believe the Hisui region is at its most prosperous when we all work together under Sinnoh’s guidance,” she says, and bites down on the immature but proud smile bubbling to the surface for pulling it off. Adaman mutters something that sounds a little too much like ‘false Sinnoh’ under his breath, and Irida kicks the back of his heel as subtly as she can.

“I’m very glad to hear that. The gates of Jubilife Village shall remain open to your Clans, and you may come see me if you ever need anything,” Kamado says, as if he’s doing them a favour. He and his entourage bow once more, and Irida and Adaman bow in return before leaving through the western gate together.

Whether they like it or not, the New World has arrived at their doorstep, and it isn’t going away any time soon. They’re on the precipice of some great historical event, though why Sinnoh has chosen now, chosen them, is anyone’s guess.

Neither of them need to say it, but they say it anyway.

“Truce?”

“Truce.”

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
I really like how you set Galaxy apart from any prior groups that have tried to come there. That's a nice touch (and playing into the Kalosian royal line too, from the looks of it). Showing that this group brought their kids is really a sign that a lot of them had nowhere else to go, something the leaders can see for themselves.

ErazonPo3

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Prompt: Family | In this Place

Charm glowers at the murky ground as it puddles and slides underneath her weight. The Crimson Mirelands truly is a shithole during the wet season.

“We need to get to higher ground. We’re leaving too many tracks in all this mud,” she says without turning to look back. Coin mutters something inaudible behind her, while Clover only trudges along in silence. Charm halts, and turns to glare at the both of them.

“Stop grumbling. If you have something to say then say it.”

“Why did you let them go? Me and Rani could have taken them!” Coin snaps, her fingers still twitching towards her Toxicroak’s pokéball as though she could still turn around and chase down those Galaxy grunts, if only she were given the approval.

“You’ll get your chance. Self righteous Galaxy Team brats like them will keep popping up like diglett, just you wait,” Charm replies. “I only figured it was fair to give them a warning, so that when they come back they’ll have no-one to blame but themselves for trying to mess with us.”

Coin’s scowl doesn’t lift, but it does soften with the promise of future violence.

“Alright, well. You owe me the next battle then,” she grunts. Clover’s face paint smudges as her eyebrows scrunch together.

“What’s a diglett?”

Their new camp up in the hills is a little too close to the Diamond Clan settlement for Charm’s liking, but their village had been built up above the flood planes for good reason. Dark clouds on the horizon promise a dumping of rain, and here a storm can carry on uninterrupted for days. Clover knows the lay of the land best, and had found them a cave with enough cover to start a fire. It should be too far out of the way for any annoying do-gooders to notice the smoke, and the incoming rain will bury their scent until not even Lord Ursaluna can sniff them out.

In the enclosed space of the cave, the air is cloying and sticky, trapping the heat of the fire; frostbite isn’t an issue, at least. Charm might almost find it relaxing, if letting her guard down were an option. Even all the dry firewood they could find is still letting off an excessive amount of smoke as the fire chugs through the wet insides, exhaling thick plumes. Clover doesn’t seem too bothered, at least, and she’s typically the most concerned about running into people out here. She tilts her head as she nudges the tinder with a stick, embers sparking at the touch.

“Hey Charm. I didn’t know you were so into poetry,” she says, big brown eyes boring into hers with open curiosity. Charm raises an eyebrow.

“It was a hobby of mine, back in Kanto. It certainly wasn’t anything of worth to the Galaxy Team, but those cultureless fools wouldn’t know art if it bit them on the ass.”

That much gets a laugh out of Coin, at least, though she doesn’t look away from the chopping board as she slices through a leek. Clover sighs and lies down, resting her head against her balled up jacket.

“Kanto must be nice,” she says.

Anywhere would be nice if it meant never having to see Irida’s stupid face again,” Coin scoffs. Charm closes her eyes and exhales, softly.

“I’ll get us there one day, girls.”

She’s met with a pensive silence, only interrupted by the thunk of metal greeting wood as Coin continues chopping the vegetables for their curry.

“Hey Charm?” She asks, knife halting midair for a pregnant second before it returns to the board.

“Yes?”

“You seemed a little… spooked, earlier, when they made us give that stupid slab back. What was that all about?”

Charm frowns, and scans Coin’s face. She’s studiously focused on dicing the cheri berries, but her curiosity is plain even behind her facepaint.

“I thought there was something familiar about one of those brats, is all. The Galaxy Team can be more dangerous than they want the Clans and their villagers to know, so it was prudent to be cautious,” she replies evenly. Clover scoffs from down on the ground.

“I find that hard to believe.”

Charm shoots her a sharp glare, which goes unheeded behind closed eyelids.

“It’s true,” she says. “We’re lucky we don’t have Kamado’s pet assassin chasing our heels, after what we did.”

What?” Coin pauses chopping again. Charm sniffs.

“The old slouch at the Wallflower isn’t as decrepit as he likes to act. He’s a trained ninja from one of the exclusive John schools.”

“No way!” Clover pushes herself up, staring incredulously.

“You don’t have to believe me, just be thankful I haven’t had the misfortune of being proven right,” Charm replies. Coin tilts her head, and carefully sets a pan over their smouldering fire.

“If that really is true, then maybe we need a bit more firepower up our sleeves.”

The small flames lick at the cast iron, until tiny bubbles of oil begin to cling to its edges. The orange light flickers in Charm’s eyes as Coin’s words ebb and flow in her mind like a haiku.

“Firepower… there’s an interesting thought.”

“What are you thinking?” Clover asks, sitting up properly now.

“I’ll get us to Kanto, girls. But in the meantime, we should be carving out a place for ourselves here— a place that isn’t beholden to the Clans nor Commander. Now, there’s a missing Noble in the Coastlands, isn’t there?” Charm says, a plan already formulating in her mind.

“Yeah. Palina won’t raise Lord Arcanine’s heir, and Irida’s too starly-shit scared to make her. It’d be a pretty big problem, if I actually cared,” Coin shrugs.

‘A pretty big problem’ certainly is an understatement.

“But the Coastlands needs a Noble on land, the fish simply won’t cut it. And something is going to rise up to take the late Lord Arcanine’s place, and whatever it is, it might not be so friendly towards humans as the Clan’s pets. If the Pearl Clan won’t solve this issue, I don’t see why we shouldn’t,” Charm explains. Clover and Coin share a discreet look, frowning slightly, but neither dispute her.

“…So, you’re saying…?” Clover asks first. Charm grins, feeling bolder now than she’s felt since the day they’d skipped Jubilife, leaving a trail of chaos in their wake.

“How would you like to take your rightful place as Wardens, girls?”

IMG_3761.jpg

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Ooh nice! I like the camaraderie and deviousness you show off here. Planning to be wardens is a neat take on their goals!

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3
ooooooh I'm in love. Can you give me a few more links? What's up with that tumblr event?
I'm always open to do / share some pla worldbuilding. I love doing it, but I get often stuck and tumble over my own thoughts.

Last edited:

ErazonPo3

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
ooooooh I'm in love. Can you give me a few more links? What's up with that tumblr event?
I'm always open to do / share some pla worldbuilding. I love doing it, but I get often stuck and tumble over my own thoughts.
Thank you! The event is ongoing right now but the rules are pretty lax and it's more about encouraging PLA fanworks that don't revolve around a specific character or ship than it is about strictly adhering to the prompts every day.

The link to the tumblr is here but I'll also put down the list of prompts just for the sake of having it here too! Anyone is welcome to use them for any reason, the event was just a way to motivate people (I put it together so I can give the okay) :yes:

1. Introductions / In this moment
  2. Family / In this place
  3. Secret / On the other side
  4. Traditions / Fragments of history
  5. Dreams & Nightmares / Glimpses of the future
  6. Gratitude / Therefore we are
  7. Festivities / All lives touch other lives
  8. AU / Bonus free day

ErazonPo3

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Prompt: Secret | On the other side

ac7a34d702caac7388b9c0aead3d51308a4c9837.pnj

The first time it happened was last winter. A ripe pomeg berry sat on a crisp bed of snow, and Sabi had wandered over to pick it up, none the wiser. The moment her fingers touched its hard skin, the sun seemed to flicker, and the world around her spun circles. For a second her vision went black, until her head was split by a searing white light and a shrill whining noise.

When Sabi opened her eyes again, she was still standing in the same place— but not necessarily the same time. The shadows were bent in the wrong direction, and the sky was the wrong shade of blue. And in the tree there sat a rufflet who hadn't been there before, biting at the stem of a pomeg berry. Despite its valiant efforts to peck through the skin, the berry had yet to soften enough to give way. It ultimately surrendered as an aipom bully clambered up the tree to scare it off with a few iron-tailed swipes, but even the aipom screeched in frustration when it couldn’t crack the skin. Frustrated, it threw the pomeg down to the ground below, but the hardened berry did not splatter against the soft snow.

The world spun again, and Sabi landed on her back underneath the tree. Thankfully, the sun was back in the right place again, and the nauseating feeling began to abate. Then, she looked again at the pomeg berry in her hand. It was ripe, now, but it still bore dents from the rufflet’s beak, and a dark bruise from hitting the ground.

Sabi didn’t tell anyone about her vision. Not at first.

Everything was normal for the next month, and she hadn’t had any other visions since. She figured it might have just been a particularly vivid day-dream, although as far as she could tell nobody else had daydreams of the same kind. That was, of course, until she had her second vision.

Minit passed her a bowl of soup at dinner, and when her hand brushed his, her vision went black once again. Her head was split by a searing white light and a shrill whining noise, once again. But this time, she didn’t see anything; she could only hear Minit’s voice, scared and alone, crying for help. And she felt so, so cold. When the world righted itself again and Sabi opened her eyes, Minit was staring at her in open concern, safe and warm within the cise. Though she hadn't fallen over this time, she had dropped her bowl, and it lay cracked on the floor in a mess of spilled soup. After dinner, Adaman took her for a walk down to the river, and asked her to tell him what happened.

She told him about the rufflet and the berry, and Minit’s screaming voice.

Sabi didn’t think Adaman believed her at first, but he did accompany Minit on his trek to visit Lord Braviary of the Alabaster Icelands, even though he wasn’t originally meant to— the trip was going to take at least two weeks, and there’s always a lot of work to be done in the Mirelands. After those few weeks Adaman returned from the Icelands, and so too did Minit. And the first thing Adaman did when he got back was find her, and tell her they were going to take a special trip to the Obsidian Fieldlands together to meet up with Mai and Lord Wyrdeer.

Sabi liked Mai. She was cool and fun, and let her ride upon Lord Wyrdeer’s back. She liked Lord Wyrdeer as well, who looked at her with intelligent eyes and carried her on a secret path only he knew. Together with Mai, they travelled way up into the mountains, until they reached a secluded clearing with a single hut. Sitting outside of it was a woman, waiting with three warm cups of tea ready. Mai and the woman spoke, and the woman asked if Sabi would touch her hand. When she did, her vision went black.

Already prepared for the white light and the shrill cry, Sabi braced herself to open her eyes again to a different time. The woman was still sitting in front of her, but now her hair was gold as mireland grains in the evening, rather than the ivory white it had been before. She seemed happier. The garden around them seemed more vibrant, likely for the two young children playing in it. A pair of twins, with their mother’s long golden hair. They chased each other and giggled and the woman smiled even as she scolded them to wash their feet in the brooklet before coming back inside.

The vision faded, and the sun was hanging low again, and the woman was old again. Sabi explained what she had seen, and the woman smiled sadly.

“The Dimensional Scream,” she said, “is a rare ability. When you touch something, it has the chance to show you a piece of its past, or its future. You can transcend the bounds of time and space to see or hear these pieces, though it is up to you to find meaning in them.”

“Is it a blessing from Almighty Sinnoh?” Mai had asked. The woman turned to speak to her, cold and quiet.

“Blessings and curses are seldom distinguished.”

It wasn’t long after that trip that Sabi travelled with Adaman to the Alabaster Icelands to meet Braviary, the Lord without a Warden. His last Warden had died unexpectedly before she was born, and had not properly trained a successor, Adaman had said. There were a few in their clan vying for the position, but Lord Braviary had yet to accept any of them— that she knew, because it was all that anyone ever talked about.

Lord Braviary was big and proud, but also fluffy and gentle. He made funny little chirps and adjusted her hair with his beak. He let her fly on his back, too, and when she closed her eyes she could see the world through his. They soared over planes of white, speckled with green firs and orange pomegs and brown swinub. He would spin and she would whoop, and when he landed to let her off it felt like she was leaving a piece of herself behind.

Later, she was given a bronze circlet, which Adaman told her represents her new position as Lord Braviary’s Warden.

“It’s a big responsibility. You’re going to have to take care of each other,” he said.

Sabi knows how important Wardens are. Mai and Melli and Iscan have told her so. Arezu says being a Warden is meant to be fun, though, because a Noble Pokemon picked you to be its best friend. She likes that. She and Lord Braviary are going to be best friends, she knows it— and they’re going to make lots more friends, too (she’s seen it).

ErazonPo3

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Prompt: Tradition | Fragments of history

As a young girl, Calaba had only heard stories about the woman who lives in the woods. She is said to have the powers of an oracle, and knowledge of a time before the exodus. She is always robed in black, and her hair always covers one eye— her hair is silver, though a few tales tell it to be gold. No matter what, she is always alone, sitting at a table in her clearing in the woods.

Some stories are more fanciful than others. One tale tells of an old warden brought to her by Lady Sneasler’s predecessor, whose sudden blindness was cured thanks to her mysterious medicinal balm. Another depicts her as an immortal hierophant of Sinnoh’s dark shadow, biding her time to take her revenge. The stories are all amusing, though Calaba hadn’t believed such a woman could truly exist.

But that was before she met her.

Long ago, long ago, by the peat bog under the fool moon, Ursaring became Lord Ursaluna and she received the bronze circlet that established her as Warden. The world was theirs to discover, and they were keen to explore it together. Ursaluna’s powerful nose could sniff out all the hidden trails frequented by the stantler and the ryhorn, and his new strength would protect her from the dangerous Pokémon that usually warded the elusive paths. So they traveled, farther and farther from the safety of their home in the Mirelands, until they found themselves lost in a forest in the mountains. And in that forest they found a clearing.

Sitting at a table in a long black dress and a wide black hat, the woman with silver hair that covered one eye smiled at her. She invited Calaba to share some tea, and treated her to a bowl of smooth and aromatic matcha. She gave some berries to Ursaluna, too, and directions for the safest way back down the mountain. Calaba never saw her again after that, not in all her decades of searching. Not even Ursaluna’s infallible nose could track down the woman’s clearing a second time.

There was a woman who lived in the woods, Calaba knows, but she still doesn’t believe she was the same woman who existed in all the old stories. It’s more likely that there was a series of women— a family, or a perhaps a string of apprentices, who passed down their skills and their robes over the generations. The woman she had met almost eighty years ago now, with her ivory hair and steely grey eye, is almost certainly dead by now.

When Adaman tells her the story of how Sabi saved the life of their clanmate with an eerie omen of the future, Mai agrees to take her to see the woman who lives in the woods.

The way to the clearing is hidden, and the mysterious woman can only be found when she wants to be found, but Lord Wyrdeer has never failed to find the path yet. And they find it quickly— she sits alone at her table, waiting for them with a cup of tea each. Mai relays the story to her, but she addresses Sabi when she speaks. The woman tells the tale of the Dimensional Scream, an ability to peer through space and time; Mai asks if it is Almighty Sinnoh’s blessing. The woman’s reply is simply that “blessings and curses are seldom distinguished.”

The words linger in her mind as Lord Wyrdeer carries them back down the mountain. She remembers being chosen as Lord Wyrdeer’s warden. She had been young, almost as young as Sabi, and Wyrdeer had seen the birth and death of at least three wardens— now four. She had also been plagued with headaches.

Sometimes when she slept the headaches would go away, but only when she dreamed of striding across the fields on four legs, seeing the plains through Lord Wyrdeer’s eyes. She closes her eyes now, and sees the path underhoof in a flurry of sprawling psychic trails. The wispy strand leading back to the woman’s clearing shines a brilliant gold amongst the hues of pinks and purples, but fades as they travel further away. Mai opens her eyes again, and looks back to see Sabi looking at her oddly. She smiles, hoping to put her at ease.

The tangle of psychic knots in the back of her head is a gentle thrum, alleviated by Lord Wyrdeer’s presence. But she can’t stay by his side forever, and there are times he is needed elsewhere. She doesn’t know why, but she has a feeling the headaches are going to return in full force soon— she wonders if Sabi can feel it too.
Mai doesn’t know what Sabi sees, when she closes her eyes and enters that trance. Whatever she saw when she touched the woman’s hand had certainly left the unshakeable woman slightly stirred. Yet if she’s sure of anything, it’s that a meeting with Lord Braviary is in order.

The Pearl Clan and the Diamond Clan agree on very little, but if there is one thing they do share it’s a distrust towards the woman in black who sits upon the ridges of Mount Coronet. The woman appears in tales dating back generations, and to this day lives in her little clearing, watching clan leaders come and go. It’s an impossibility.
Theories range from her secretly being a mystical Pokémon that takes a human shape, to her being granted longevity as a chosen of Almighty Sinnoh itself. Irida still isn’t quite what she believes. She had scarcely been eight years old the first time she met the woman who lives in the woods.

“So this is little Irida,” the woman said, peering down at her with a cold eye. Irida failed to stifle a cough, wet and raucous. Her father cringed.

“Can you help her?” he asked. The woman stared silently, then turned to retreat into her hut. She returned but five minutes later with a hairy, bulbous root, and squatted down to Irida’s level, remiss to her proximity to the disease. She put the root in her hands.

“Eat this. A bite in the morning, and a bite at night, every day until there’s nothing left of it.”

Irida clutched the root to her chest, another croak bubbling in the back of her throat. She nodded, and when the woman stepped away she finally erupted into another fit of coughs. The woman and her father shared a few muttered words above the course, hacking sounds, and something was exchanged between their hands— though Irida couldn’t tell what.

When they went home, Irida ate the root as instructed, despite its terrible, dirty and acrid taste. Eventually after two weeks (and a few big bites), her illness vanished with the last piece of the root. Her father told her not to tell anyone about their visit, and so her recovery was celebrated with Gracidea flowers to Almighty Sinnoh.

Time naturally passed, and it would be several years before Irida would visit the woman who lives in the wood again. But Lian had developed a terrible, wet cough, and Irida knows where to go for help, if not how to find it.

The Diamond Clan has its fair share of artists; Mai is a brilliant tattooist, Iscan is a deft calligrapher, Arezu is a talented hair stylist, and Melli is exceptional at embroidery, but none of them are painters (Clover had been a painter). It’s said that the woman who lives in the woods has made portraits for the leaders of the Diamond Clan for as long as they have worshipped Sinnoh. They do not trust her, but tradition is tradition.

Sitting still as she paints, Adaman has little option but to watch as she translates his image to silk canvas. Her face remains fixed the entire time she works, as if carved from stone. He cannot shake the resemblance she shares with the golden haired boy who does not bow to Sinnoh, neither the right one nor the wrong one.Just as the Diamond Clan has stories of the woman who lives in the woods, so too do they have tales of a third Celestican clan— the ones who worshipped Almighty Sinnoh’s shadow. They were trusted even less than the Pearl Clan, who worship a false Sinnoh but nevertheless share in a reverence of Sinnoh. Volo had few answers as to who he was and where he’d come from, and held no Pearl or Diamond Clan ancestry but insisted he was Celestican.

Adaman knows his father’s actions aren’t his to regret, but all the same he wishes things had been different; he knows Irida feels the same. He clears his throat.

“…is Volo your son?” he asks, curiosity getting the better of him.

“No.”

He doesn’t try to make conversation again.

The woman works in silence, and seems happy enough to continue doing so, until her chair slides back but a few hours later.

“You are welcome to take a look,” she says, so he stands up to circle around her desk. The portrait is still unfinished, and the abstract swatches of colour and washed out tones make up an interesting mosaic. His face has the most attention to detail however, with most of the features penned in with black ink. It’s odd, peering into his own reflection through her eyes— eye. He certainly looks like a clan leader, but not one so stern as his father.

“You will return in three week’s time for the finished piece. Do not come any earlier,” the woman instructs.

“Of course. Sinnoh will guide my travels when the time is right,” Adaman grins. The woman stares at him with a cool, inscrutable look, even after hours of staring at him already, and nods once.

Cogita’s lips form a gentle frown as she hears the heavy footsteps of Volo’s arrival outside; he takes great joy in avoiding the switches rigged to her chimes. Harsh sunlight slips through the door upon his entry. Its brightness casts her painting in a new light, the hues lacking in contrast with the new exposure. The portrait will likely be hung indoors, but she cannot abscond the colours from her mind now that she has seen them. The blue of Adaman’s hair will need more lilac, to lift it to a richer indigo. She should have enough left for this piece, but not much afterwards.

Cogita sets her paintbrush down, and Volo peers over her shoulder at her work. He tilts his head, staring at Adaman’s likeness as he smiles serenely back at him.

“You know, they tell some very funny stories about you,” he says.

“Stories evolve as Pokémon do; sometimes minimally, but more often the final stage is a very different beast to what it was born as,” she replies.

“And sometimes they don’t change at all,” Volo adds.

“Astute.”

Most of the stories are, of course, nonsense. But some of them do hold a grain of truth, hidden deep within the sands of a warped hourglass. Cogita gathers her brushes and palette, and empties them into the washbin by the larder. Leaving them to soak there, she wipes her hands against a clean rag.

“I will need new purple paints. The next time you visit, you will deliver more to me,” she says.

“Those ones are expensive, you know. They have to make it out of a specific kind of shellder from a faraway region,” Volo replies.

“I am aware. The Diamond Clan’s leader has given me payment for his portrait, half of which I believe should suffice.”

“It’s a pleasure doing business, then.”

Cogita hums in the back of her throat, and returns to her desk to pack away the alum mordant. Taking the hint that she has no more conversation left to offer him today, Volo tips his hat.

“I’ll be back again soon with those paints, Mistress Cogita.”

“I’ve told you not to call me that,” she says, mostly out of habit. Volo’s grin widens.

“Very well, woman who lives in the woods.”

Cogita closes her eyes and sighs.

IMG_3767.jpg

ErazonPo3

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Prompt: Dreams and Nightmares
The campfire crackles as it chews through dried logs and haphazard branches, lighting up a cloud of black smoke against a deep blue, twinkling sky. Adaman leans in close to the flames, his assortment of jewellery glinting orange and red. Shadows dance across his face.

“And then… when they turned back around… she was gone!” he shouts, and raises his palms with a dramatic flourish. In the distance, a kricketot chirps.

“That’s not scary,” Irida says, resting her cheek in the palm of her hand. Lian cackles at the sight of Adaman’s sour expression.

“Sorry, but she’s right,” Mai teases, poking his side.

“I mean, I thought it was a little scary,” Juno pipes up, their voice trembling in concurrence. Rei laughs, and Juno swipes his hands away when he starts wailing and wiggling his fingers. Dawn grins at them, stifling a laugh of her own.

After a long, hot day, the night is still relatively warm, so the fire is mostly for light and dramatic effect. Still, she throws another log onto the heap to keep it going anyway. She’s never been great at telling the time without a watch, and it’s doubly hard without the sun as a reference point, but she doesn’t feel tired yet and it doesn’t look like anyone else is either. Mai is still nursing half a bottle of sake (supplied by Professor Laventon, before he’d gone to bed early like an old man), and even Lian still seems full of energy. Sitting at the edge of their circle, Volo clears his throat.

“Have any of you heard the Legend of Darkrai?”

“You mean the Nightmare Bringer? That’s just a made up story to trick kids into going to bed before too late,” Adaman frowns at him. Irida shivers.

“Oh no, that thing’s real alright. Our clan has stories of people who spotted a dark shadow, and went to bed afterwards only to never wake up.”

“Yeah, that’s called dying. It happens sometimes, to the elderly,” Adaman replies, and gets an elbow to the ribs from Mai. Irida huffs.

“Oh, would you—“

“Let him tell the story!” Lian groans, directing a scowl to the both of them.

“Sorry,” Adaman and Irida say together, shooting each other a wary look. Volo, at least, seems amused.

“Well, here’s how the story goes…”

long ago, long ago, on a moonless night... three brothers fell asleep under the open sky.

The first brother dreamed he had become a wise old scholar with infinite knowledge. The second brother dreamed he gained the strength and magic of Pokemon. And the third brother dreamed of his home, and his family.

3.jpg

Darkrai visited the first brother, and asked if he would like this dream to come true. The brother said yes.

Darkrai visited the second brother, and asked if he would like this dream to come true. The brother said yes.

Darkrai visited the third brother, and asked if he would like this dream to come true.The brother said 'but Darkrai, my dream is already true'.

Darkrai visited the third brother, and asked if he would like this dream to come true. The brother said, 'But Darkrai, my dream is already true.'

The first brother had become wise, of course— but burdened by knowledge, he began to sequester himself away. He knew how the universe had begun and how it will end, and his infinite knowledge drove him to madness.

The second brother gained the strength and magic of a Pokémon, of course— but the only way for a human to obtain such powers is to become a Pokémon. No longer could the brother speak, and no longer could he weave or carve, or live amongst his people, for he had become a terrible monster.

The third brother awoke to a beautiful golden sunrise, and the company of his two brothers.

But they did not wake. And they would never wake, forever trapped in Darkrai’s nightmare.

Wind whistles through the fir trees, and the fire’s crackle snaps at the silence. Rei’s wide eyes shine with the pale moonlight as he stares at Volo. Juno squeaks.

“That is, unless he could find Cresselia. She has the power to wake people up from Darkrai’s nightmares,” Dawn says, and places her hand on Juno’s shoulder. Their worried frown lightens just a little. Volo’s smile is unwavering.

“That’s right. The power of Cresselia’s Lunar Wing can heal those afflicted by Darkrai’s powers, if she’s so inclined to give you one,” he elaborates. Rei clears his throat.

“How did you know that, Dawn?” he asks, burying the tremor in his voice with the pretence of blasé curiosity. Dawn’s smile falters.

“Er… it came to me in a dream,” she replies, with a false confidence she doesn’t think anyone else buys, except for maybe Lian. Volo’s steely gaze cuts sharper than the other others’, though; she has no better chance of fooling him than she would Cynthia. Thankfully, he doesn’t call her out on it though, and instead grins back easily.

“You’re full of surprises, aren’t you?”

Rei laughs nervously, shaking off the last of his jitters.

“Alright, alright— it’s my turn to tell a story now, anyway!” he says, then claps his hands together and rubs them portentously. Adaman, Irida and Mai turn towards him, while Lian sits back with a yawn. Juno rolls their eyes.

“It was a dark and stormy night, and also a full moon-“

“How would you know if it’s a full moon if there’s a storm?”

“This is my vision, Juno!”

Everyone else laughs, and Rei grumbles despite the amused smile twitching at his lips. Only Volo is still looking at her, and Dawn smiles weakly back.

Last edited:

ErazonPo3

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Prompt: Gratitude

“I just don’t know if I want you going out there,” Anthe frowns, staring out past the gate that keeps their village safe from roaming Pokémon, bandits and more. “I know things are getting safer now that the Skyfaller is teaching more people to handle Pokémon, and even the Clans are getting along better as well, but things are getting worse in other ways. I’ve heard about what those frenzied Alpha Pokémon can do.”

“Volo travels all over the region and he’s always fine!”

“Darling, Volo has lived here a lot longer than us. He knows his way around, and he has a Pokémon, too."

“It’s only a togepi. And I could get a Pokémon, if you’d just let me,” Tuli whines, folding her arms. Anthe takes a deep breath in.

“It doesn’t matter either way, because I need you here in town with me. I can’t lift all those crates on my own anymore,” Ginter pipes up from his chair, rescuing her from that conversation again. For good measure, he points to a crate of Razz berries still sitting on the ground, and Tuli groans as she heaves them back up into the wagon.

Anthe knows it tests her patience, sitting across from her shop all day, selling scraps for the Gingko Guild. It’s still a marked improvement from before, of a life of kimonos she didn’t want to wear and dancing she wasn’t very good at and tea ceremonies she had no patience for, but it’s also very sedentary. Their community in Jubilife is small, even smaller than Ecruteak, and unlike in Ecruteak there’s nothing bigger waiting for them beyond the town walls. But Jubilife is also starting to feel like a home, only because they’re making it one; what Tuli could be looking for out in the vast wilderness of Hisui, she’ll never understand.

Anthe feels a hard, urgent tug on the edge of her kimono.

“Mom! Mom, look! Look, Mom! Mom, look!” Sho yells without stopping for breath.

“I’m looking, sweetheart— oh.”

In his hand is a pokéball, one of the standard unpainted ones carved from wood and a hollowed out apricorn.

“Don’t look at me, I didn’t sell him that,” Tuli says, even though Anthe hadn’t taken her eyes off the pokéball at all. It clicks open, and by Ho-oh’s blessing, nothing bursts out; the wooden cup hangs by the hinges, hollow.

“Where did you get that?” she asks.

“I’m going to use it to catch a Pokémon!”

“You’re not old enough to have a Pokémon, Sho.”

“But I want one!” Sho whines and stamps his foot.

“Well, this sounds familiar,” Ginter grins, ignoring the scowl Tuli sends his way. When she doesn’t get a reaction out of him, she sneers down at Sho, and kicks out at his legs.

“Why don’t you go annoy your dad?”

“Why don’t you go annoy your dad?”

“You little shit-“

“Kids!” Anthe cries, a headache already building in the back of her head. “Sho, you know you shouldn’t bother your sister while she’s at work. Tuli, you know better than to pick fights with your brother.”

Sho huffs loudly, but thankfully doesn’t make much of a fuss aside from that. Tuli mutters something inaudible but nonetheless mutinous, and Anthe pinches the bridge of her nose over her glasses. They’re definitely not having this argument right now, but she shouldn’t let it slip, either.

“Tuli, when you finish stacking the persim jam jars you can go, I don’t think we’re going to get much more traffic,” Ginter says, rescuing her once again. Anthe shoots him a grateful smile, and leads Sho back across the road so that he’s at least out of Tuli’s hair, if not hers. He sits on one of her baskets, kicking his legs, and starts toying with the pokéball still in his hands. It’s not a toy, however, and while she’d like to take it off him it’ll probably just make him more upset than it’s worth; there’s nothing in the village for him to catch with it, and he knows better than to try sneaking past the guards to get outside.

She hopes.

If he does manage to get out, she’ll have bigger concerns than just the pokéball, at least.

Ginter had been right about the traffic, and the rest of the afternoon is quiet. Sho gets bored and runs off while she drags her displays back inside and closes up, and Tuli is already long gone from the Gingko stand by the time she finishes. The wagon is packed up and locked tight, though the community is too small for crime to really be an issue, and no Pokémon can get to the stores inside. Just as she finishes locking up her own shop— it’s a good habit, still— Ginter crosses the road to see her.

“Let me shout you a drink at the Wallflower before you leave. You look like you could use one,” he says.

“Thanks,” Anthe sighs. She really could.

Beni gets them both a glass of sake as soon as they sit down, recognising the look of a long day on their faces. The shopkeepers of Floaro street all try to look out for each other, and Beni always makes sure they get served their drinks quick. She’ll have to get home soon to start preparing dinner for Sho and Tuli, too, and hopefully they won’t burn the house down while she’s gone.

“For what it’s worth, I don’t think Tuli could go too wrong with something like a bidoof, or a starly. They’re pretty friendly, as far as critters go, and can get pretty strong if trained up right, too. Security Corps rookies use them a lot, for that reason,” Ginter says, setting down his cup.

“I… maybe, but how would she even get one?” Anthe replies.

“Talk to the Skyfaller kid, I’m sure she’ll catch one for you.”

Two weeks come and go, uneventful in their passage. Preparations for the Galaxy Team’s expedition into the Crimson Mirelands are still underway, and likely won’t be done for another two weeks at least. New houses go up as returning Security Corps members from the Obsidian Fieldlands expedition make themselves useful by lending a hand, but so do new fences, built to accommodate the research Pokémon brought in by the Survey Corps. The two weeks also pass without any more arguments, which makes Anthe feel a little better about what she’s about to do.

She waits until evening, again, to find Tuli after work.

“Tuli? Come with me, please,” she says, and Tuli raises her eyebrows but follows without any questions. They walk past her shop and across the bridge to the pastures, and Tuli hesitates by the fenceline. They don’t go past the gate; white the Pokémon in the fields are judged ‘tame’ enough by the Survey Corps to live close to their village, a degree of separation never hurts— but Anthe can’t exactly give Tuli her gift in the middle of town.

“Here,” she says, and holds out the carved russet ball. Tuli eyes it with a furrowed brow, then glances back to her. She knows she wouldn’t hand her a simple, empty Pokéball like what Sho has, and the realisation that there’s something inside it is just starting to click.

She takes the pokéball and presses it open, and the creature that emerges from the burst of light is a small, brown feathered thing. The starly is slightly off-hue— almost to the point where it’s unnoticeable, but Anthe has a keen eye for colour if nobody else does. The Skyfaller— Dawn— told her not to worry about it, that it’s just an aesthetic difference, and won’t affect its health or strength. The starly pecks at the ground twice, cocks its head, and chirps once.

“I still don’t want you going out with the expedition groups, but Zisu told me you’re allowed to use the Galaxy Team’s training grounds, if you’d like. She can help you get started, and maybe when this one is a little stronger we can talk about it again,” Anthe says. Tuli beams, clutching her pokéball with both hands.

“Thanks, Mom.”

Anthe knows by the smile on her face she's done the right thing, even as her worries still linger. Hopefully, her doubts will be proven wrong; the new generation is full of surprises, after all. She feels a hard tug at the edge of her kimono.

Mom! When do I get a Pokémon?” Sho whines. Anthe sighs, and looks down at him.

“Not until you’re ten, at least.”

ErazonPo3

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
And this wraps up my entries for the week! I ran out of steam for the bonus free prompt day, but it was only intended as an extra anyway.

Prompt: Festivities | All lives touch other lives

Lele Day, Cyllene is told, is an Alolan holiday typically celebrated towards the end of spring, in honour of one of their guardian deity Pokemon— Tapus, she’s told. Back in Hoenn, the legendary titans Groudon and Kyogre are feared as the forces of nature they are; it’s hard to imagine celebrating their existence. She can see the appeal of the festivities, however. Pink lanterns line the streets, and their gentle glow makes the village feel a little less austere. Cyllene has never been one for party games and fair food, but the atmosphere does bring out the jubilance of Jubilife. That’s important, for a settlement meant to grow families.

“Do you want to grab a table? It seems like good fun,” Laventon asks, descending the front steps of the Galaxy Building to stand beside her.

“We may as well,” Cyllene replies, deciding to indulge him— largely because Beni had closed up the Wallflower save for the kitchens, and has his staff exclusively serving outside tonight. And joining the Professor on a special occasion will give her the space to deny his invitations and sequester herself away for another two weeks afterwards, at least.

It’s a clear night, thankfully, and only a small celebration; the Summer festival is likely to overtake the whole town, while this party is limited to a small section of Floaro Main Street and the front of the paddocks. At the table next to her and Laventon, a Roserade effortlessly spins spools of pink and purple flowers from her red and pink bouquets. Her owner seems to be that Security Corps recruit— the bodyguard, likely ex-merc— who keeps herself busy weaving the fallen flowers onto a string.

A hand lands on Cyllene’s shoulder, and she represses the urge to grab and throw it; not that she would succeed against Zisu, anyhow.

“Hey you two. Finally getting some fresh air?” Zisu grins, and takes the seat next to Laventon.

“For now, at least,” he chuckles, and hails one of Beni’s staff to take their order; the usual potato mochi special and a round of drinks. Zisu’s unfaltering grin widens.

“Do you have anything like this in Galar, Angus?” she asks, looking around. The lit torches lining the roads reminds Cyllene of the boardwalks of Dewford town, though the pink camellias are only a substitute for the more tropical flowers native to Alola and southern Hoenn.

“Not like this, no. We celebrate the Vernal Equinox, of course, but it’s hardly as eventful as the Solstices,” Laventon replies.

“Hm. Do we know who’s in charge of organising the Summer festival this year? I’m assuming it isn’t me,” Cyllene says. Zisu laughs, though she hadn’t intended it as a joke.

“I think Sanqua’s covering it, but I don’t think it’ll be any bigger than last year’s. Our budget’s getting pretty stretched as is,” Zisu answers once her laughter subsides.

“With how busy we’ve been on our expeditions, I’m not sure the Survey Corps will even be there in time for it,” Laventon considers. Cyllene hums in agreement. Their schedule currently leaves room for it between the next two expeditions, but these things can change with the fickleness of the weather.

Beni delivers their order personally, and hovers by their table even after setting the plates down. The smell of his cooking had been wafting from the other tables, and Cyllene had worked up an envious appetite.

“How are things going with the boss?” he asks, serving up their drinks.

“As well as they can be,” Laventon answers. “The Skyfaller’s gotten us out of a very sticky situation now that she’s quelled Kleavor’s frenzy.”

“Good thing, too. I don’t know who the Commander would have called in to deal with it otherwise,” Zisu adds with a surreptitious grin. She likely means to imply that the Commander would have tasked Beni with dealing with it, which would be an unfortunate last resort— in Laventon’s words, a ‘sticky situation’. Or it could just be a joke at Laventon’s expense, given that he is the only one between them who isn’t familiar with Beni’s other line of work.

“We ought to count our wishing stars, then,” Beni replies, and retreats to his kitchen after that.

The thrum of the crowd’s overlapping conversations hushes as a band set up on the grass clearing plays a few starting notes. Cyllene doesn’t recognise their instruments by name, but can nevertheless identify a combination of percussives and wooden strings. A pair of siblings from the Medical Corps, Leilani and Keanu, get up to start off a dance to the music. They step in time with the beat and sway with the rhythm, their movements loose but not untrained. After the first dance they haul a couple of the younger recruits up to join them, and the children in the crowd gleefully attempt to imitate their style. There are a few less than sober shouts alongside the cheering, but it’s all in good nature and under control as far as Cyllene can tell.

The night air gets colder as the evening drags on, and while Cyllene doesn’t rush to finish her meal, she’d rather not waste any more time sitting around just to watch people eat and drink.

“I’m going to retire to my quarters,” I still have reports to sign off on,” she says, getting up. Her tolerance for this kind of atmosphere can only stretch so far, and she appreciates that both Zisu and Laventon know her well enough to respect that. “I’ll see you both tomorrow.”

The two of them bid her a good night, and Cyllene looks over her shoulder one last time at the festival. The night is still going along well, with plenty of dancing and raucous laughter. The Skyfaller is among them, teaching Rei and Juno her own dance moves. The strange new recruits are still sitting together at their table— despite her reservations, they’ve proved themselves productive members of the Galaxy Team, and haven’t caused much more of a ruckus since signing up. Across from them the woman from the Diamond Clan, Arezu, who’d only come to see Commander Kamado about an issue in the Crimson Mirelands, but had chosen to make herself comfortable here for now.

Kamado’s vision of the future isn’t going to miraculously manifest one day, it’s going to be hard earned through hard work, and sometimes it’s hard to know if they’re getting it right. So many people here are so far from home, or have no place to call home but here, and stand to lose so much if they have to turn back.

But at least for tonight, all seems well.

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Chapter 1
Review blitz
Hi erazonpo3 welcome to the forums (belatedly) and to the blitz.

So right out the gate we are in Galaxy land archaic version. I'm not surprised that blackjack has combed over this and gotta admit that them dropping a line bopped this to near the top of my to-read list.

Nice how you ease into the character introduction it helps (me poor sap.that i am) follow along with who is who so much better. Also props to legend arceus' player character for being brave enough to step between these people and make them play nice. Even on the page that much physical prowess makes my hackles rise and want me to back up, good job showing these people are coiled springs ready to snap.

Clans history of violence sounds on par to saying "water's wet".

I don't blame adaman for being blunt and cautious. Theres a lot of bloody history here that the games alluded and it looks like this fic is exploring the fall out of that rather candidly.

Nice nod to lysandres ancestors by the way.

I get why irida might feel it as irrelevent but its a dot on the pattern line.of how a nation acts towards your nation... Its not much but the fact there was some form of retributions says a ton

Love the tour...each person and sight builds that a) they arent leaving easy and b) they are as much refugees as anything else and kicking them out is going to make an assailent look bad...

On the other hand its amusing to see the gathered clan heads barely making it work...with a few less then subtle shin kicking and hissed "false sinnohs" being bandied about.

Seeing how things go forward is going to be interesting.

K_S

Chapter 2
Blitz review

With a name like mirelands and descriptors like murky i hope Charm has some luck getting to that upper ground...i personally would settle for stationary dry ground as the surroundings put to mind of a fen bog and both those traits are rarer then high ground in a tronce.

I don't know if the names are canon or the characters canon but the luck theme is cute with charm, clover, coin, ect. Figures they're bloodthirsty as heck. Fitting for the setting and all but still a bit jarring when paired to those nomnitives.

Good job on describing the grit and details of roughing it.. While a god send the details and flaws of the cave are as balanced as the dangers of the untamed wet wilds beyond it.

As for thier idle chatter in comparing galaxy to diglet...

Somewhere in the modern 'mon universe Giovanni and Cyrus are flinching and they don't know why.

Laughs. And this alliance feels its going to go marviously if each faction is this hostile towards the other. I can imagine the truce holding like five seconds if left to underlings like these...

Granted these three breaking off seems a better thing for everyone around them. I wonder if it is literally firepower (more modern weapons) they are angling for, or other "pets" from other regions to bolster thier own abilities. Either way, thier loyalties seem sketchy and them going off for greener pastures makes perfect sense.

Out of curioisity at what point in Arceus canon is this allience happening in?

Last edited:

K_S

Chapter 3
Review blitz

So this tale might boil down to Sabi gets tricked. She's a kid so it is understandable (i had to go to bulbpedia to get that data by the way). Still it sounds like she is getting blitzed by something nasty.

The time skip makes me think of the time gear for some reason. And this whatever it is only hits humans since the 'mon don't seem to be bugged by the effects... I'm glad it reversed itself so no one was worried about Sabi but reality yo-yoing is not a good thing.

Nice time gap where she talks herself out of it being real... Until we get another encounter that looks like its set up to occur in public... Winces... And with a vision like that i can see Sabit being a bit protective of Mininit if she believes in it.

Adamam seperating and doing damage control as well as a pulse point check on Sabit's coherence leans to him likely beliving her. Since she spilled so easily i suspect she trusts Adamam quite a bit.

That or shes scared, both seem fair assumptions.

Adamam going along despite not beleiving her is a sweet nod to thier relationship.

And from Mai having a lord Wyrdeer makes me think this is Arceus' player character avatar for this world. Hm so it is a time jump prophecy set up. Winces. I'd wish tactile triggered precog on no one and suggest Sabi invest in gloves. Thick ones.

At least in the old woman Sabi has got a sympathetic ear and someone who understands.

Considering lord Bravity is getting along so well with Sabi i almost suspect shes his replacement warden and Adamam is round about setting them up. And called it. Looks like it works out well, but Sabi would know that best of all all, all things considered.

Last edited:

ErazonPo3

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Chapter 1
Review blitz
Hi erazonpo3 welcome to the forums (belatedly) and to the blitz.
Thank you! I joined the forums a little while after the previous year's blitz, so it's exciting getting to see it in action. And I appreciate you taking the time out to read some of my stories!
I'm glad writing the Clan Leader's introduction to the village worked well as an introduction to the story for you, with some of the political elements already being apparent. Things are in a state of peace, but it's a very fragile thing.

I don't know if the names are canon ormthe characters canon but the luck theme is cute with charm, clover, coin, ect. Figires theyre bloodthirsty as heck. Fitting for the setting and all but still a bit jarring when paired to those nomitives.
These are the canon names to the Miss Fortune sisters! They're bandits who are very scrappy, but in the game they're sort of like the 'joke' minibosses you come across. I don't think I wrote them any more mean than they are in the game, because they do talk a big talk, but that only makes them fun to write for!

Out of curioisity at what point in arceus canon is this allience happening in?
Each of the different chapters take place in a slightly different point in time, and for this one it's after the protagonists drive off the Miss Fortune sisters after encountering them for the first time. Their plan here is a little bit of foreshadowing for the trouble they'll get into later in the game/story

The time skip makes me think of the time gear for some reason. And only hits humans since the 'mon don't seem to be bugged by the effects... I'm glad it reversed itself so no one was worried about Sabi but reality yo-yoing is not a good thing.
The idea for this one was meant to imply that Sabi's psychic powers (which the game never gives a straight answer as to how real they are) are the same Dimensional Scream the protagonists from the Mystery Dungeon games get! Whether that means Sabi will one day become isekai'd into a Pokemon... who knows...

Considering lord bravity is getting along so well with Sabi i almost suspect shes his replacement warden and Adamam is round about setting them up. And called it. Looks like it works out well, but sabi would kmow that best of all all things considered.
I'm glad you picked up on the family-like relationship between Adaman and Sabi, and how he uses this opportunity to set Sabi up as a warden. It does all work out for the best on this occasion, but in the future I plan to have some characters start to bring up the fact that Adaman seems to favour the wardens he considers to be his family.

Thank you again for taking the time to read and review!

Reactions: K_S
Top Bottom