• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Grass Continent ~ Treasure Town Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen nodded. "Yeah, I am. Fire-Dragon, or Fire-Flying, feels like. Dragons are cool, though, even if I always have the egg group." He grinned, stepping until he could sit next to Cuicatl. "How, uh, how have you been doing? With the whole thing with the storm, and then the moon... It's weird that it's all finally calm, now."

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
"Never thought I'd go to the moon, much less see it," Cuicatl said. "Even if I had to fight there. And the storm..."

{Lines of stone rocket up from the ground as you weave around them, draco meteor forming in your maw. Coco's biggest weakness is being grounded and reliant on bites and head smashes. Never thought you'd use it against her, though.}

"...it's over. And things are calm and it's almost time to go home. Even if I still wish I didn't have to."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen frowned, nodding. "I think I remember hearing... you have a hard time at home. And with how powerful a Psychic you are, right, it's probably not going to be easy to recover these memories for a while. But... who knows. Maybe a tiny bit of it will help, you know?" He shrugged, sighing. "I'll probably forget, too. My world has a lot of interference going on with my head. Still... No use being nihilistic about it!" Owen folded his wings back.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
"Powerful might be a stretch. Languages don't bother me and I can pick up some stray thoughts. But I am a lot stronger than the average human." Cuicatl thought about arguing that nihilism was actually a pretty good response to the imminent loss of memory, but held her tongue. "What would you do to cope with that loss of memories, then?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen didn't reply immediately. Instead, his eyes seemed to glaze over, possibly running through the many times it had happened, and then he stared at the horizon.

"Well," he said, "I'll be mad about it. Mad that something was taken away from me when I wanted to keep it, just like anything else. But memories are precious, y'know...? Ahh, but anyway..." Owen rubbed his snout. "...After that... Well. If I don't know I didn't have them, there's nothing to really cope with, I guess. Ignorance is bliss... And worrying about that isn't really worth worrying over. It'll just make me unhappy here, and maybe I'll regret that when I could have enjoyed it, if the memories come back. Y'know? It's... weird, circular logic... but it ends up working out in the end, either way."

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
“It isn’t something humans can do. We need Pokémon for that.” Or planes, but she didn’t want to try and explain those to a charizard. “Come on, let’s get going”

With the wind surrounding her, Cuicatl could almost feel at peace. Yet the sensation still tugged at something deep inside - that this was over again. That soon she would be weak, grounded, and blind, no matter what she did.

“I don’t like the old me much,” Cuicatl finally confessed. “And I don’t want to become her again. Physically or mentally.”

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
They had been flying for some time, drifting over the skies in this sense of freedom Owen always enjoyed. The usually talkative Charizard had clearly been bothered by something, or was at least pensive about it, for him to be so quiet. So when Cuicatl finally started talking, he seemed almost startled, but then his eyes settled.

"...I get that," Owen admitted.

Then, as they flew, he spread his wings into a glide so he could keep over Cuicatl. He held out his hand and formed a shape of flames.

"I don't, either," he admitted.

The flames twisted into something resembling a body--a small Charmander with wide, bright eyes and a hint of fear. This Charmander was only a foot tall, truly tiny compared to Cuicatl.

"That's me," Owen said. "That's me back home."

More flames loomed above this Charmander with strings attached to the little one's arms and shoulders. They pulled and tugged, and the arms moved accordingly.

"That's what I'm going back to. I think... I think I understand that fear, at least a little."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen nodded encouragingly. "All this has proven is that it's possible... And I think you'd have to be strong to begin with to get to this point at all. That's how I see it, at least." He nodded firmly. He wanted to ask what her world was like, but he had a feeling that she wouldn't want to talk about it. He wouldn't press. "Besides, even if you're human, you turned out to be a Dragon here. Maybe you have the spirit of one, or something."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Before I got to Cibus," Owen said, "I came from a world like it, called Kilo. But I also know a lot about humans and stuff, too, so... I guess you could say, in some ways, a little bit of both." He weaved left and right idly. "I used to think humans were these mythical creatures that ate metal. I didn't really know a thing about them until I got memories back."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom