• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fifth Anniversary Drabble Bingo

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Fifth Anniversary Drabble Bingo

Drabble bingo returns for another year! The premise is simple: request a bingo card, optionally specify a theme, and receive nine prompts in return. You can ask for pretty much any theme for your prompts: perhaps you'd like some hurt/comfort prompts, or prompts about Zoroark. Here's an example of what a card of PMD-related prompts might look like:

Lost MemoriesLively TownTrust Your Partner
The Best TreasureCalamityStairs?!
Low IQNo Way OutVoice of Life

Once you've got your card, it's time to get to work filling it out! Write a drabble for any three prompts vertically, diagonally, or horizontally to score a bingo, and you qualify to claim a forum compaion. Just link to where you've posted your prompt fills to claim your prize! If you're feeling ambitious, you could instead complete four prompts for a four-corners win.

You can complete this challenge using the strict definition of "drabble" (exactly 100 words), but that's not required for this event: any fill of at least one hundred words counts as a drabble. Go as long as you like! Prefer visual art to writing? Three sketches based on your prompts will qualify you for a bingo as well!

If you absolutely hate the prompts you get after making your request, you may ask for one reroll. I'll provide you with a new card, but that'll be the one you're stuck with--no further rerolls will be given.

You have until the end of the anniversary (countdown here) to complete your fills and claim your bingo. Note that you get a forum companion if you complete either the reviewing event or drabble bingo--completing both won't net you two!

This year Windskull, kintsugi, and FauxFox will be helping me make bingo cards! Thanks to all of you for your help!

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
It could be fun to try this again, I had good success with this... now, what topic am I into rn....

how about "Unusual/obscure locations and pokemon in the pokeworld"? Like maybe weird pokemon from the anime or places from more obscure games style stuff?

If that's too strange/hard just toss me some pokemon themed whump prompts :P

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Heya, going to try this out this year to try and drag a plot bunny off the shelf. Maybe. If I run completely dry on ideas, I do have a couple off-the-shelf options I can turn to for that reroll.

But anywho, this year I'd like a region-nonspecific Bingo Card for "Things in and around a Pokémon Stadium".

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
I enjoyed Morphic bingo last time, and I'm still aiming to get back in the groove with Morphic rewrite, so how about another one?

Just as inspiration for prompts, I would be very ready to do some based on some of the various timelines in Groundhog Dave, something about when the morphs were younger, or even something postfic!

ErazonPo3

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Hi, I'd like to try my hand at a bingo card! I'm more interested in finding inspiration wherever it strikes me than any specific theme right now, so I'm happy with relatively broad prompts (with the caveat that I tend to focus more on mainline games than PMD).

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Oh, hey, I almost missed this! I'd like to write something where a Pokémon reacts to their own evolution. Could be after an intense battle with a strong opponent. Maybe show how the victory was achieved after surprising the opponent with a smart play.

tomatorade

The great speckled bird
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. quilava
  2. buizel
Mess me up, fam. Kinda looking for a challenge so I'm interested in the most jarring, uncohesive set of prompts and offcuts known to man. I won't be happy unless the final product is incomprehensible.

Thank you :)

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Loving the themes we've got so far this year! Hope you enjoy the bingo cards they lead to. :quag:

Starting off with a couple myself!

@elyvorg

Hard to pick just nine issues, isn't it? :copyka:

With thanks to Dragonfree for supplying some of these!

White LieThe Meaning of Strength"Just You Wait"
Starting OverChampionMask
The Empty DenCarmine and Kieran as KidsHumanizing Juliana

@Flyg0n

Did you know that Silent Hill exists in the Pokéworld? I sure didn't...

Silent HillHouse of MemoriesCrystal Onix
200px-Crystal_Onix_Tackle.png

Trapinch Underground LabyrinthPokélantisSnowman Snorlax
200px-Snowman_Snorlax.png
Boss Pikachu
200px-Boss.png

Oil Field HideoutTumblecube Island

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
I heard some people were in need of prompts, and prompts are what I've got.
Oh, hey, I almost missed this! I'd like to write something where a Pokémon reacts to their own evolution. Could be after an intense battle with a strong opponent. Maybe show how the victory was achieved after surprising the opponent with a smart play.
Mid-Battle EvolutionDon’t worry, I’m sure you’ll evolve soon too!So I’m going to look like you when I evolve?
Don’t worry, I’ve got a plan!Well-Earned Evolution!You may have outsmarted me, but I outsmarted your outsmarting!
Despite everything, it’s still you.Underwhelming EvolutionGetting used to a new form… again
Pokemon evolution is a fun thing to write, for some it's less drastic than others. I also tossed in a pre-evolution prompt, and some for the battle itself too. Happy writing!

Mess me up, fam. Kinda looking for a challenge so I'm interested in the most jarring, uncohesive set of prompts and offcuts known to man. I won't be happy unless the final product is incomprehensible.

Thank you :)
Eldritch AbominationsWorking overtimePokemon-Turned-Human
Snow Day!Groundhog day loopAre you sure we can win this?
Lost in the desertStop that thief!Berry picking
I hope these are random enough, if not then let me know and I can change them up a little. Did what I could to make them as unrelated as possible, I hope you enjoy the prompts!

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Heya, going to try this out this year to try and drag a plot bunny off the shelf. Maybe. If I run completely dry on ideas, I do have a couple off-the-shelf options I can turn to for that reroll.

But anywho, this year I'd like a region-nonspecific Bingo Card for "Things in and around a Pokémon Stadium".
Definitely pulled some from western sports culture for this one but tried to give them a pokemon spin.

Concession Stand​
Tailgating/Picnicking​
In the locker room​
The Big Match​
A brawl battle between fans.​
In the commentator's booth.​
Memorabilia​
Registration Booth​
Pre-Game Pokemon Show​

Hi, I'd like to try my hand at a bingo card! I'm more interested in finding inspiration wherever it strikes me than any specific theme right now, so I'm happy with relatively broad prompts (with the caveat that I tend to focus more on mainline games than PMD).
You got it! I went for a mix of pretty generalized prompts that could work for about any pokemon universe and prompts focused on mainline concepts or locations.
The first day of a journey​
Guardians​
Hiking the mountains​
Gym Trainer​
Pokemon Holidays​
Pokestar Studios​
Treasure Hunt​
Autumn in Johto​
Lost in the woods​

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Did you know that Silent Hill exists in the Pokéworld? I sure didn't...

Oh these are excellent, many thanks!

Can I mix writing and words to get the prize or should it be three of either

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
For my Bingo card, let's do something a little different this year.
Give me a mix of "exclusive items" from the explorers games, and post gen4 pokemon. I want to write about and maybe doodle some of these, but also maybe come up with some for newer pokemon that don't have them.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
FUCK YEAH LETS GET THE BINGO ON

I would like to do some occult worldbuilding with my blood and and magical types and ghostie trainers. Gimme some occult/eldritch-y/macabre prompts :)

Nekodatta

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. koraidon-apex
  2. miraidon-ultimate
I would love to try to take part in this!

I would like nine Paldea-related prompts!
Could be anything from the name of a specific place, to a character, to a Pokémon typical of the region, a random npc or fact about it... Anything EXCEPT for Area Zero! (I think enough about that already lol)

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
i would like some ghost pokemon related prompts plez! especially their dynamics with humans or other pokemon

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
Going to put in a request for a sheet too, could I get some mix of: character adjusting to a new world, characters getting to know each other, and some general PMD prompts?

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
For my Bingo card, let's do something a little different this year.
Give me a mix of "exclusive items" from the explorers games, and post gen4 pokemon. I want to write about and maybe doodle some of these, but also maybe come up with some for newer pokemon that don't have them.
Wow, today I learned about exclusive items, lol! Here's your card:

Starmie BeltNoivernEclipse Robe
ScolipedeRuin ScarfLokix
Sky SilkSpark TieOranguru

-

Could I get a bingo template which has the themes of royalty, society, ancient China and mythical creatures, or any combination thereof? Thank you so much!
Ooh, loving the theme choice on this one. Good luck!

The Lost HeirFour PerilsThe Path to Immortality
Betrayal in the High CourtA Qilin SightingThe Prince/Princess's Secret Lover
The Rabbit and the MoonThe Wizened Emperor/EmpressCrossing the River of Heaven

Last edited:

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
also, requesting a card! I would like non-legendary pokemon native to Kanto, please and thank you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom