• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fifth Anniversary Celebration

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Thousand Roads' Fifth Anniversary Celebration

It seems hard to believe, but as of April 24th, Thousand Roads has been around for half a decade! We've come a long way from that first April of a couple dozen members and our tiny Grand Opening Celebration. We're at over 400 members across Discord and the forums, we hit over 600 reviews during our last Blitz, and we're but a hair's breadth short of 70,000 total posts! With five years gone, it's a great time to reflect on the highs and lows the community's seen so far and where it has yet to go--thanks to everyone who's made this place what it is. It's definitely grown much bigger than I could have imagined when I wasn't sure whether the community would even last six months!

We're running lots of events to celebrate five whole years of Thousand Roads, both on the forums and on Discord. Check out the list below to see what interests you and when it will be taking place! If you'd like to throw another event into the pool, it's not too late! Just send me a message and we can get you on the schedule, no problem.

Forum Events

- It's time for more drabble bingo! Stop by the thread to pick up your custom bingo card of prompts, then get writing!

- The anniversary mini review blitz is now open, too! Get out there and appreciate some bingo drabbles--or whatever on your reading list strikes your fancy this year!

- @Sinderella will be hosting a Team Skull flavored mafia game, which promises full chaos and hijinks along with the usual mafia shenanigans! Signups are now open, and the game will begin soon--be sure to grab your slot if you're interested in playing!

- I'll be working with @HelloYellow17 to put together a special fifth-anniversary banner using art of characters from the community--and then turn it into a new forum style! Look out for more information about how to participate in this event during the first week of the anniversary.

Discord Events

- We'll be hosting our first fanfic reading on Saturday, May 4th at 4:00 PM EST (8:00 PM UTC). Come out and read a favorite scene from your story, from another person's story, or simply listen in and enjoy sampling a few fics! Check out the sign-up thread for more information.

- I'll be hosting rounds of One Night Ultimate Zoroark on Sunday, April 29th at 8:00 PM EST (12:00 AM April 30th UTC) and again on Saturday, May 11th at 2:00 PM EST (6:00 PM UTC). This is a fast-paced game of deception and deduction, like a lightning-fast game of mafia! Only this time you might not even realize you're a zoroark yourself...

- Catnip speed dating will return the weekend of the 4th! Look for more information and signups to begin midway through the anniversary's first week.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
A quick programming note--I was planning to run some One Night Ultimate Zoroark today, but unfortunately I'm sick and not really feeling up to it! I'll reschedule that game for the same time on May 5th instead.

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
@Negrek

That's too bad--hope you feel better soon.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
If it's not too late to post an event, where would an ongoing story game go?

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
We're now into our second week of anniversary celebration, and that brings with it a second wave of events!

- This year's anniversary art event is a collaborative banner project! Check out the sign-up thread for more info on how to participate.

- Speed catnip's back for another year!

- @SparklingBlue is running a collaborative story event down in Games and Roleplay!

- We'll be playing One Night Ultimate Zoroark on the server next weekend! Please fill out the timing poll if you'd like to play along.

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Hello! I would like to claim a Gloomy as my forum companion. Drabble Bingo here in case I need to link it

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
I'd like a Zorua companion!